[From hack to indie] Path of the Midnight Sun

Alfred Kamon

Ahah thanks!

That's the new Hammer btw, it's effective against heavily-armored opponents *and* skeletons.

Skeletons have very high def and decent speed in MS, so weapons like the Bonecrusher will really save the day.

Everybody, feel free to ask some more questions if you have any.

So the skellies have been drinking their milk this time around, eh?

Will the story go into further details about the origins of monsters and the Demon King?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the skellies have been drinking their milk this time around, eh?

Will the story go into further details about the origins of monsters and the Demon King?

Ahah!

Anyway yes, it will. =)

I've already all of the background story plotted out. (... is this even English? eek)

Most of the juicy details will be revealed only in the last chapters of the game, though... still a long way to go.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

So, have you decided something for the skirmish yet ? Not sure how much we'll see on the first release, though...

You said that you wanted to makes this more strategically interresting. Do you have some examples ?

Anyway.. I'm still as hyped. Good Luck !

So, have you decided something for the skirmish yet ? Not sure how much we'll see on the first release, though...

You said that you wanted to makes this more strategically interresting. Do you have some examples ?

Anyway.. I'm still as hyped. Good Luck !

> Not yet, I'll get back to that in the near future. I'm still of the opinion that it's not possible to have custom events work in skirmishes, but I have to test that some more. Skirmishes will be in the first release, though. At least, the first one. The tower will also be included.

> Since it's hard to define "strategically interesting", it's not easy to give some good examples either. Let's see.... most of the things I wrote in the first post could be good examples. More variety to weapon effectiveness, enemies, stats in general. Stuff (and characters) that in order to be unlocked, they will push your strategical prowess to its limits. Something like that. I didn't want at all to create a FE game where all you have to do is "wait with strong units in forests -> mow down the enemies easily -> proceed -> conquer". Other hacks have already covered this problem pretty much, and they've been quite inspiring.

So, I think that you'll need a bit of strategy here, especially in some chapters. Nothing too tedious, but not something like the original FE8 either.

> Thanks!

> Not yet, I'll get back to that in the near future. I'm still of the opinion that it's not possible to have custom events work in skirmishes, but I have to test that some more. Skirmishes will be in the first release, though. At least, the first one. The tower will also be included.

> Since it's hard to define "strategically interesting", it's not easy to give some good examples either. Let's see.... most of the things I wrote in the first post could be good examples. More variety to weapon effectiveness, enemies, stats in general. Stuff (and characters) that in order to be unlocked, they will push your strategical prowess to its limits. Something like that. I didn't want at all to create a FE game where all you have to do is "wait with strong units in forests -> mow down the enemies easily -> proceed -> conquer". Other hacks have already covered this problem pretty much, and they've been quite inspiring.

So, I think that you'll need a bit of strategy here, especially in some chapters. Nothing too tedious, but not something like the original FE8 either.

> Thanks!

Good to hear. I guess we'll see how it plays when it comes (Hype just intensified right now.)

About the classes...

In this project's ancestor, there was a plan for an Athos-like character that could use every weapons. This charcacter is obviously not there any more, but will it have a remplacement. Or will there be a similar class.

It's not something we'll know before... quite a long time, and is probably subject to change, but I was cuirious.

In this project's ancestor, there was a plan for an Athos-like character that could use every weapons. This charcacter is obviously not there any more, but will it have a remplacement. Or will there be a similar class.

It's not something we'll know before... quite a long time, and is probably subject to change, but I was cuirious.

You just remembered me about Saito and Louise *shivers*

And yeah, they're not in the hack anymore.

Hmmm.... I have no plans for a physical Athos so far. But yeah, still a long way to go. Many things may change in the meantime.

You just remembered me about Saito and Louise *shivers*

And yeah, they're not in the hack anymore.

Hmmm.... I have no plans for a physical Athos so far. But yeah, still a long way to go. Many things may change in the meantime.

Sorry if I remembered you about bad memories :(:

You have piqued my curiosity. I am curious to try this hack out, because it looks really good...yeah, I honestly have nothing else to say. I don't know what else to say.

A release date!?

YES!

Cannot get over how hyped I am for this hack, fingers crossed that all is going as well as you'd helped Alfred :D

Counting down the days!

Hehe, thanks for your enthusiasm, Shadowrion! ^^

Midnight Sun... this hack is going to Be number one. Heard f zeros lightning in a older video and been a fan ever since.

Huh, that's a BIG compliment.

Thank you very much, Luminar!

Oh, that F-Zero theme is still in. I've also polished it, hehe.

You have piqued my curiosity. I am curious to try this hack out, because it looks really good...yeah, I honestly have nothing else to say. I don't know what else to say.

That's enough for me, Xtremekiwi. Even if you didn't have anything in particular to say, you still commented, and that was a pleasure.

Thank you for your interest!

Ah, I don't have any new screens to show this time, guys. I just wanted to reply to some old comments... Yeah I'm late, I know.

As usual, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Less than one month to the release!

Release date? Holy crap! :O

Al you're not allowed to release the game until you talk to me on SkypeThis is awesome, maybe we could get a showing from you on our podcast to talk about the hack before it's released? generate hype and all, go the full mile just for fun? *shot*

AWWWW YEEE IT'S ALREADY MAY!

Waiting for this hack is now, like, my full-time job or something. (≧▽≦)

Edited by mmKALLL

• 2 weeks later...

Nope.

Read the first post.

*Which is the state of the project?

The first patch will contain 10 chapters up to Chapter 8, including the Prologue and Chapter 5x, and hopefully Skirmishes and the Tower of Trials. As of now I... have already done all of them!

I'm still polishing some aspects though, and I'm waiting for mugs and proofreading, so you'll have to wait a bit. The release date is set on May, 23rd 2014!

Edited by L95

I'm so excited for this hack :O

I'm gonna speedrun it, so I only have 7 days since until Mario Kart 8, and then i will be dead and playing that ;-;

but anyways, keep up the good work :P