Best/ Favorite Child (excluding Morgan)

lawl

All of the kids have emotional troubles and traumas. Why do you think they're so messed up and/or big fat jerks.

It should obvious but does that it excuse their behavior is my question.

I just find them amusing and endearing regardless.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Thor: Sadly, I don't have any DLC past Alm's Dread Fighter one because my school's Internet won't let me connect. But I'll have to take a look at that.

BBCode: The upper left corner of this new text box thingy is your friend.

My personal favorite is Brady, so much so that I pair Chrom with Maribelle just for Rightful King. He tries to follow his mom, and still cares for her even if he doesn't live up to her expectations. Runner-up is Laurent; he was dethroned when I saw his convo with Noire (I felt really sorry for her).

Pega-Pony Princess is my favourite child (*da-da-daaaa*). I pair her with Tsundevera, whom I despised initially because she's so cruel to Cynthia. How can anybody be cruel to Cynthia? She's the most adorable (and quotable) character!

Let's get back on topic then. I judge solely on character. I don't give a damn about your inheritance, stat caps, and whatnot.

I don't care if you exclude Marc/Morgan. Daddy's little girl gets a mention of being so adorable.

Azure/Inigo: "My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." So I'm destined to die to a guy with six fingers. Great. Also, I'm never calling him "Inigo". Ever. アズール。 SHAME TO FAMIRY son. But I love him as a member of my family. That's what family does. You accept them for who they are. But be warned, you little crap. If I see you flirting around AFTER you've found a girl, prepare to get some TENBATSU.

Lucina: I like you as a character. You're very likeable.

Until Chapter 21.

I said "screw you, I have a wife and two kids."

I liked that scene and the music hit me a lot more when I was Rule 63 your mother.

Wood/Owain: Freaking hell. I love this guy.

Serena/Severa: Honestly, I can say I like her Japanese name a lot more. And she feels more "fitting" in Japanese true to the Tsundere type. But let's be honest here. I don't like Tsunderes. At all. Even though apparently I found out I am possibly a type B.

Cynthia: I have respect for anyone who can get Chrom to say "Kawaii Musume". Daddy's little girl number 2. Props to the localization too for "Pega-pony princess".

Jerome/Gerome: Batman. That is all.

Brady: Anyone who gets a scar from a Violin string to show for it has my respect. I play the damned instrument, love it... but I still remember those blisters. A permanent injury from one is manly.

Nn/Nah: I love her personality. I hate her constant use of "desu". Especially as a one word response. And her "Arigatou desu". Yeaaah sorry.

Chambray/Yarne: Run away in a ball like the ball of Yarn-e you are... especially when you have the nerve to almost reach an S support with my dear sweet little Marc. You're gonna have a hell of a time getting my approval. Your little bunny cuteness might work on my daughter, but it won't work on me.

Degel/Kjelle: I don't like your mother. I don't reall-- err... I guess I'm neutral. Your chivalrousness is... meh.

Noire: My gosh woman. I feel sorry for you. I don't like your mother. She's a horrible mother. And no, you Tharja fans, I don't give a damn. It doesn't excuse her future self to use hexes on your children. EVER. You all can have your creepy-sexy devoted stalker wife... but doing that to my kids is a deal-breaker. And as a result, as the Knights of Iris book calls her, "The Archer with two hearts".

Loran/Laurent: I respect your vocab sir. You're up there.

I don't actually like tharja, I married her so I could say I had a bipolar daughter with a personality straight outta hell Edited by SpikyRtG

I forgot to make that point.

Noire is hilarious when paired up with Loran/Laurent.

All of the kids have emotional troubles and traumas. Why do you think they're so messed up and/or big fat jerks.

I don't mean to sound like I'm on a crusade on Tharja or anything... but using a hex on your own child, traumatizing them, and adding on to it with the whole world... you know... dying all around them... is probably the reason she had two personalities. To you know, deal with the trauma moreso than the other kids had to deal with.

I mean sure, they're probably hexes that aren't THAT serious than it might sound... but that kind of behavior is just inexcusable to me.

And if I may be so bold... Regular Tharja fans... even though she's really popular... may... kind of be selfish just to have their "devoted sexy waifu" at the expense of their kid.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I forgot to make that point.

Noire is hilarious when paired up with Loran/Laurent.

I don't mean to sound like I'm on a crusade on Tharja or anything... but using a hex on your own child, traumatizing them, and adding on to it with the whole world... you know... dying all around them... is probably the reason she had two personalities. To you know, deal with the trauma moreso than the other kids had to deal with.

I mean sure, they're probably hexes that aren't THAT serious that it might sound... but that kind of behavior is just inexcusable to me.

And if I may be so bold... Regular Tharja fans... even though she's really popular... may... kind of be selfish just to have their "devoted sexy waifu" at the expense of their kid.

That's why I prefer cherche as my avatar's waifuu, she wouldn't hex either of her kids, where tharja would both. Plus pink haired Morgan is best morgan

I'm not a fan of Tharja's parenting to Noire, either. Using your own child as a lab rat for hexes just...isn't right. I'd like to know what kind of hexes she used, but poor Noire, man.

1) Cynthia. I found her terribly annoying at first, but she grows on you. She's way too cute to hate. And I just love her Japanese cut-in quotes, I smile every time I hear がんばっちゃうよ~! I'd almost have her be MY daughter if I didn't marry Lucina.

The only child I really dislike is Kjelle. My god, feminazi much? It's one thing to want to improve or better yourself, but it's another thing entirely to claim you're superior JUST BECAUSE you're a woman. Her Stupid Goodness really irritates me. I haven't unlocked her supports yet, so I hope she becomes bearable, but from what I've seen so far, I just can't stand her. Her or her hideous armor, I don't want to look at her sprite. "OTL

Yaaaay... lol, I mean to about Cynthia's adorableness and her Japanese quotes. And not liking Kjelle.

But she's kinda being like her mother, isn't it? Although I guess in Sully's support with Stahl, I almost felt something akin to pity for her... then reading this thread, I don't feel so much of that for Kjelle. I never bothered unlocking any supports with Kjelle, though I rushed one for her and Laurent (just for completion's sake?), and that wasn't... too bad... She wasn't as cruel as others have listed her. I don't think she really put Laurent down. Still, some of the kids are similar to their mothers so... I mean not saying all of them are, but you can see some aspects pretty clear. Not just Kjelle's case.

Yaaaay... lol, I mean to about Cynthia's adorableness and her Japanese quotes. And not liking Kjelle.

But she's kinda being like her mother, isn't it? Although I guess in Sully's support with Stahl, I almost felt something akin to pity for her... then reading this thread, I don't feel so much of that for Kjelle. I never bothered unlocking any supports with Kjelle, though I rushed one for her and Laurent (just for completion's sake?), and that wasn't... too bad... She wasn't as cruel as others have listed her. I don't think she really put Laurent down. Still, some of the kids are similar to their mothers so... I mean not saying all of them are, but you can see some aspects pretty clear. Not just Kjelle's case.

Personally, I like every character because they're unique in their own personality. I would use every character in some of the skirmishes in Lunatic+ for some challenge. Really, I don't really have a child to hate in this game. :P

Pega-Pony Princess is my favourite child (*da-da-daaaa*). I pair her with Tsundevera, whom I despised initially because she's so cruel to Cynthia. How can anybody be cruel to Cynthia? She's the most adorable (and quotable) character!

Owain says hi

Personally, I like every character because they're unique in their own personality. I would use every character in some of the skirmishes in Lunatic+ for some challenge. Really, I don't really have a child to hate in this game. :P

My thoughts as well, except that I'll take it a step further and say that I don't have any playable character to hate in this game (yes, not even Tharja). They're all fairly unique and no matter how unlikeable they may seem, there is always some redeeming quality that I see in them that doesn't let me hate anyone, even people I would normally dislike like Gangrel, Aversa, and Walhart. I like to think of myself as a positive person, and lately, I just don't see anything positive in hating someone or something for a couple of traits I may not particularly like; I find hating to be very tiring...

My thoughts as well, except that I'll take it a step further and say that I don't have any playable character to hate in this game (yes, not even Tharja). They're all fairly unique and no matter how unlikeable they may seem, there is always some redeeming quality that I see in them that doesn't let me hate anyone, even people I would normally dislike like Gangrel, Aversa, and Walhart. I like to think of myself as a positive person, and lately, I just don't see anything positive in hating someone or something for a couple of traits I may not particularly like; I find hating to be very tiring...

My thoughts exactly with the 1st gen and spotpass characters.

Owain says hi

Exactly! xD He brings the old FE games back to FE13~ as I stated in my lengthy post.

You have a good point there, but... I still hate Sully with a passion. And now I can almost hate Kjelle too from what I read here, but I might give her supports another try. I can't even say I really hate Excellus outside of what the game makes you hate him for. Though if we bring other games, then I can say I hate other characters. Aside from Sully, I can say I agree with you there.

He brings the old FE games back to FE13~ as I stated in my lengthy post.

I actually have to say... that's quite the improvement decision by the localization team.

...though as a little point... the game titles would not work well as attack names or battle cries in Japanese.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I actually have to say... that's quite the improvement decision by the localization team.

...though as a little point... the game titles would not work well as attack names or battle cries in Japanese.

Oh? What does he say in Japanese? ... What does he say in Japanese? Outside battle cries, etc. I guess it wouldn't work as well in Japanese considering the names would be different in Japanese lol.

Random things.

The ones I remember:

"FINAL IMPACT!" and "GRAVITRON GALACTICA!"

Some of them are pretty Engrish.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Random things.

The ones I remember:

"FINAL IMPACT!" and "GRAVITRON GALACTICA!"

Some of them are pretty Engrish.

That's still adorable of Owain. though I don't think I understand the references, but my brain might just be fried from work.

Owain's gonna be another top favorite for me then, lol. If I didn't specify that earlier.

Edited by Cordelia

I guess that's why I'm also pretty fond of Owain. The localization team made him even better with the references of past FE games. xD "Eliwood's Rage!", "Radiant Dawn!", etc. "My sword hand twitches."

Favorite Kids? Hmm.

Azure/Inigo: My one and only son ingame. He's the best. Always make him a Dread Fighter instead of Hero so he doesn't just wimp out in comparison to Severa. He supports her better that way anyhoo.

Owain: I believe my favorite blonde in recent memory. Perhaps all of it. This dude's blood is burning red! Shining TOOOOOOOOME! *super crit* Want more, foul mutation of the living? SCOURING! *super Astra crit* Always my lawfully ordained son.

Kjelle: This lady's got beauty and muscles, as well as legendary capabilities! I like her so much I made her my daughter in law.

Loran: I... I did it! I made a MAGICAL BERSERKER! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!

Gerome: I call him Char often for the dodgetank-ness and the blue of his dragon, hair, and waifu.

Luci: Super improved Chrom!

Noire: She gets second place next to Shinon for best archer ever.

Cynthia: Really, just an honorable mention. I like her the least of any child character, but Luna and PavAeigis-faire combo. C'mon!

Brady: Best Battle Clergy member for actually killing things. Gaius as a dad gives him Luna, Sol, Astra and Lethality, thus winning more points for orange hair. He's so strong I paired him with Kjelle (when Male Morgan doesn't exist) for symbolism and cuteness.

Yarne: Best non royal laguz type thing. Deadlier than Ranulf.

Nah: My favorite 'kete to use in battle~

Severa: Zettai Ryouki class S, nearly. Her heal tankness and strength is a perfect compliment to her tenacity.

My favorite two are Owain and Azure, with Kjelle being my third. Lucina I don't consider a child character much from all the story importance she has.

"Eliwood's Rage!"

That didn't make any damn sense. "Hector's Rage!" would have made more sense, considering it was "Hector's Rageaxe" in Japanese for that event tile axe.

I ... don't know what to think about Noire. On the one hand, her mother is crazy and I really do feel bad for her about that. She just seems to have so many problems. On the other hand, bipolar people scare me and how dare you snap at my son Laurent when he's just trying to help! (On the subject of Tharja, however, I personally would not have my avatar marry her. Stalkers are not romantic and I don't like the way she treats her kid and her husband in Noire's supports. But excluding her stalking and stuff about Noire, she's not a bad character at all.)

Owain, Gerome, Inigo, and Lucina are my other favorite kids aside from Laurent. Owain just makes me laugh, Gerome's a mighty good unit (plus he's Henry's kid in most of my files), and Lucina is ... well, Lucina. I find all the children tolerable and I don't particularly dislike any of them (although some I don't like more than others), but everyone else I've not listed I don't feel a particular ... well, pull to.

I ... don't know what to think about Noire. On the one hand, her mother is crazy and I really do feel bad for her about that. She just seems to have so many problems. On the other hand, bipolar people scare me and how dare you snap at my son Laurent when he's just trying to help! (On the subject of Tharja, however, I personally would not have my avatar marry her. Stalkers are not romantic and I don't like the way she treats her kid and her husband in Noire's supports. But excluding her stalking and stuff about Noire, she's not a bad character at all.) Owain, Gerome, Inigo, and Lucina are my other favorite kids aside from Laurent. Owain just makes me laugh, Gerome's a mighty good unit (plus he's Henry's kid in most of my files), and Lucina is ... well, Lucina. I find all the children tolerable and I don't particularly dislike any of them (although some I don't like more than others), but everyone else I've not listed I don't feel a particular ... well, pull to.

Whole-heartedly agree with you, the only reason I set foot near her was to get Noire to be my little daughter. Tharja's Morgan isn't the worst either, high magic and defense are always helpful, even with a little sacrifice to luck.

Cherche is true waifu, forever!

Woahwoahwoah, chercheXhenry... Nasty... Ewww... Just... Why... SHE DESERVES BETTER THAN A PYSCHOPATH

Super Duper Edit: my apologies for calling Henry a psychopath, I never read to deeply into his personality and never gave him a chance. I'm sorry for my ignorance and the rest of my apology is below

Edited by SpikyRtG