Skills vs Stats for children characters

jnrust

Skills vs Stats  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important for your children units?

• Stat modifiers
    • Skills
    • A little of both
    • HAIR

I'm not sure if this was already posted but I'll start this since I'm too lazy to look. For me, I say that skills are most important for the children characters, but that's just me. What are your thoughts?

Edited by jnrust

Skills are far more important.

Passing down as much Armsthrift/Sol and Galeforce and good class sets for everyone so everyone has good offensive skills/utility skills.

Matching stats together that go well should come next.

What drives me is ???. No, I seriously don't know what I'm thinking when I do my pairings, since it's all up to whim.

I don't care about mods or skills because I never grind. I care about the things that actually matter work for a no-grind PT.

What matters and works for a no grind playthrough? So that'll be skills and class sets then?

I don't care about mods or skills because I never grind. I care about the things that actually matter work for a no-grind PT.

your tag is wrong, and you should feel bad for having that there

What matters and works for a no grind playthrough? So that'll be skills and class sets then?

Class sets weren't mentioned. Skill activation never gets that high. it's about growths.

your tag is wrong, and you should feel bad for having that there

I don't understand your post. Or you in general.

Class sets weren't mentioned. Skill activation never gets that high. it's about growths.

I thought no-grind was about bases not growths

also, lol

Mainly skills because the difference of, at most, usually +/- 2 points for max stats isn't that big of a deal when I can have awesome skills passed around like Luna.

Edited by Konnor97

I thought no-grind was about bases not growths

also, lol

Bases only matter if you're incompetent... You obviously either haven't played or don't play well if you don't understand how easy training any non-Inigo child is.

I really don't understand the second line. It's almost as if you're baiting me.

Edited by bearclaw13

Bases only matter if you're incompetent... oh wait almost forgot who I was talking to sorry. You obviously either haven't played or don't play well if you don't understand how easy training any non-Inigo child is.

I really don't understand the second line. It's almost as if you're baiting me.

not sure if serious

although admittedly, the kids' bases are kinda dependent on the parent's growths anyway, so I guess they kinda go together

not sure if serious

although admittedly, the kids' bases are kinda dependent on the parent's growths anyway, so I guess they kinda go together

Dude that was 2 posts of mine you decided to attack without actually understanding. I took out the crossed part of that post because it was stupid.

And Growths > Bases when talking children is fairly obvious when you think about it instead of immediately disagreeing. You saying otherwise implied to me that you hadn't seriously used the children before.

The character could have the best stats in the game, but if they don't have skills like Luna or Sol or SOMETHING to compliment those stats, it's not optimal. And imo:

Caps>Growths>Bases

But I'm not so concerned about turn count or no-grinding as I am about having strong units.

Class sets are skills. Skills are class sets. The two are one and the same. As for growths... really? I'd say bases are far more important. Which really just means how well trained the parents are.

But honestly, for in game, the main priorities if I were trying to optimise my pairings would be:

1) difficulty (how easy/hard is this pairing to make? It it quick or slow?)

2) Base states/growths (hurr durr train both parents)

3) Skills/class sets (can I pull off some neat combo quickly with the kid? Do I give him the options I need?)

4) Cap modifiers (mostly matters if they're going to hit important unpromoted caps. Promoted caps maybe matter late game, but late game is easy).

Class sets are skills. Skills are class sets. The two are one and the same. As for growths... really? I'd say bases are far more important. Which really just means how well trained the parents are.

But honestly, for in game, the main priorities if I were trying to optimise my pairings would be:

1) difficulty (how easy/hard is this pairing to make? It it quick or slow?)

2) Base states/growths (hurr durr train both parents)

3) Skills/class sets (can I pull off some neat combo quickly with the kid? Do I give him the options I need?)

4) Cap modifiers (mostly matters if they're going to hit important unpromoted caps. Promoted caps maybe matter late game, but late game is easy).

I agree with number 1. Its the main reason Inigo is so terrible.

2. As long as one parent is trained you can still get fine bases considering the growths they'll have and how fast they level up.

3. Some skills (like the better rallies) are nice but activation rates aren't really that good at all. I agree that it's nice to have good classes but most of the time the main parent has them covered.

4. I get what you say here.

I was talking about this comment, which really made no sense