Skills vs Stats for children characters

jnrust

Skills vs Stats  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important for your children units?

• Stat modifiers
    • Skills
    • A little of both
    • HAIR

I'll pair units for skills unless their stat cap modifiers are really bad for what their child's purpose will be.

Despite my other comments even I have to admit that hair is pretty much the most important thing. After all if they look ugly why on earth would I use them.

It's the main reason I never use Virion.

that dreaded Blue haired Owain

Chrom!Owain is no where near as good as Emmeryn!Owain.

Virion!Owain also sucks the only good Owain is pink-haired Owain.

wait a sec why would caps matter ingame, it's not like the kids magically lose their stats if they ram their caps (because you can just instantly promote them)

Because if I promote them early due to hitting low caps (from parents), it's easy levels of growth lost. It's a minor point, hence why I put it fourth.

I suggest you think a little before saying something makes no sense.

In my first file (not-so-Hard), I went for Skills/Pairs that seemed 'plausible'/Hair color. Didn't pay much attention stat-wise because skirmish/spotpass grinding. On Lunatic Skills>Stats. Armsthrift/Sol/Luna/Galeforce/etc are more important than stats. I'm pretty newb at Awakening, but there are several skillsets that totally make the game... 'smoother'.

So I'd go for Skills>Stats.

I go with both, but at the same time, I stick by the older layouts and stick by certain pairs (Vaike!Gerome, Kellam!Nah (That one's got optimal skills anyways, so yeah.), and Third Gen Morgan).

Coincidentally those are the deadly things in Streetpass. Go figure.

Edited by Airship Canon

Because if I promote them early due to hitting low caps (from parents), it's easy levels of growth lost. It's a minor point, hence why I put it fourth.

I suggest you think a little before saying something makes no sense.

if they've capped one stat, chances are they are extremely close to capping everything else that matters, so there's nothing lost

you should think about it a little more

if they've capped one stat, chances are they are extremely close to capping everything else that matters, so there's nothing lost

you should think about it a little more

Sigh. Perhaps you should reread the post you just quoted, and you'd realise that's a pretty asinine reply to it.

Ingame I pair whoever's convenient. This is where I do ChromxFeMU out of convenience and turning Lucina into a second Morgan.

FeMU support library file I did it based on how much I like the parents supports

MaMU support library file I did it based on skills and not being unlocked during my FeMU run (for the most part. Still gonna marry MU to Flavia because she's my fav two morgans be damned.) I basically unlocked half in one and the other half in the other. FeMU file has better hair, though.

But it really doesn't hurt that whenever I do ChromMU Lucina gets +6 strength and a positive defense mod for when I go postgame, either.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Class set are not skills. I want Lord class for use of Falchion, but Cynthia can never be a lord.

I want a Bride Laurent for Stave and Lance, and Dread fighter for Nah for the Ignis Sword and Tome.

=/

• 2 weeks later...

Although stat modifiers are not important at all, stats in general still have usefulness in some cases, as there's one more element regarding stats whose importance depends on whether or not you want to attempt "the future past".

^ If you do, then since you cannot raise the npc children other than their starting stats(whatever stats appear in their respective paralogues),in that dlc set, it would be difficult to save them if their starting stats are too low, making Skills = Base Stats in that case...

^ Otherwise, Skills > Stats, although they are both important, as stats go by the parent's stats at time of first entrance to their respective paralogue, so all in all, it all comes down to whether or not you want speed in terms of training length...

Edited by shadowjam

For me personally, Classes/Skills are really the main thing that I do inheritance for. I like to have my units capable of doing a lot of jobs, and doing them well because I never know what I'm going to need next. I might need Galeforce guys to deal with moving units on one or more sides or tanks with Pavise/Aegis or Vantage/Sol for emergencies if enemies get in the area.

There was someone in this topic who said that the only mod that matters is the one that gets you to around 45 speed, and that's really it. They're more of a convenience than a requirement for a kid. Pair-up fixes a lot of kids' stat problems by themselves, and personally I'd say that the main advantage that speed gives is that it lets you be more flexible for pair-up buddies. Even then, an expanded class section can pretty much let you get around a low speed mod if you need to.

If we're bringing Apotheosis into this, I'd actually argue that we can put the speed threshold even lower if we're aiming to hit 66 speed instead of 75, since even Kellam!Nah as a General can hit that benchmark. (Albeit she needs a Swordmaster to do it, but it can be done.) 66 is probably the more important number since it ensures that no one will get doubled by anything.

Edited by HeoandReo

• 5 weeks later...