My view on Tier Lists

"Well, this game doesn't seem special to me, but people on the tier list thread sure are passionate about it. THEY MUST BE WHAT'S RUINING IT FOR ME! IF NO ONE ELSE HAD LIKED IT AND IT WAS JUST MINE ALONE I WOULD'VE LIKE IT!!! FUCK YOU YOU PASSIONATE DEBATERS!"

--- This is all I hear anytime someone complains about a tier list. Some of us just like to argue.

"Well, this game doesn't seem special to me, but people on the tier list thread sure are passionate about it. THEY MUST BE WHAT'S RUINING IT FOR ME! IF NO ONE ELSE HAD LIKED IT AND IT WAS JUST MINE ALONE I WOULD'VE LIKE IT!!! FUCK YOU YOU PASSIONATE DEBATERS!"

--- This is all I hear anytime someone complains about a tier list. Some of us just like to argue.

This is a fact of the internet, my good sir.

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=061013

(No, it's not mine, but it still fits my opinion on how it ruins people's attempte to have fun)

Let's play Ocarina of Time for the 10th time. I already know everything about the game and its inner workings doing things the normal way. During this playthrough I realize this game is now super boring because its gotten so repetitive.

*Discover speedrunning and all the internal glitches.*

Wow. Truly doing things in whatever order I want and learning many new things along the way is super fun now instead of doing things in the same old way as before.

*jump over to fire emblem*

After beating fire emblem 13 for the 4th time, its getting quite boring trying to grind my way through each level. Lets put on restrictions like no paralogue, skirmish battles. Cool, this game got interesting again.

*try to go for absolute turn count*

Wow, this is another interesting way to play the game and makes the game feel fun and refreshing again.

Point to take away from all of this.

My way of fun and your way of fun are not the same. But, we each find our method of fun fun nonetheless.

Y'know what's cool about FFtF? You can spam like crazy, and I'll endorse it. Hell, I'll support clever topic derailment! Don't hurt anyone's delicate feelings, and we'll be JUST fine~!

*SeverIan makes a soundless scream of horror.*

Well anyway I'm glad we're moving on to tier graphs.

Oooh, somebody make one! I'd love to see a tier graph.