SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

You could have just turned down the rate at which the item appeared, you know...

Not exactly. You can make individual items hard on or off, or ALL items appear in varying frequency. Incidentally though, I DID turn it off.

In game modes like Classic, though, you can't turn any of it off and have to contend with all that garbage. Trying to beat Classic on the highest difficulties is comparable to FE13's Chapter 2 on Luna(+) in terms of RNG bullshit.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My birthday is on Mothers day. Doubt it will have any impact :P. Also the Dragoon looks snazzy in HD, hope the Hydra gets a trophy

I was thinking Ike, Lucas, or Ness would be announced today. Mother's Day IS on Sunday.

In America it is, but not in Japan (where Sakurai lives).

There can still be an X/Y sequel or follow-up. At least I hope there will be. Hoenn sucks, imo, I don't want these pointless remakes to take away any chances of an X/Y continuation.

Anyway, yeah, The Wonderful 101 does seem to share some similarities with the Power Rangers. lol Like different colored heroes (Wonder Red, Wonder Blue, Wonder Pink, etc.),

And Banyru is right, it doesn't matter who developed what as long as Nintendo owns it. Otherwise, Smash Bros would have a pretty tiny roster. lol

We all understand this, ana, and you don't have to keep on driving in the point that you are upset, as it has nothing to do with our current discussion.

Edited by VenosaurusRex

Sakurai wants the D.

tumblr_n5859iCOKL1smoa1bo6_1280.jpg

We all understand this, ana, and you don't have to keep on driving in the point that you are upset, as it has nothing to do with our current discussion.

Says the person quoting her post from two days ago. :0 I think she gets it, can we just move on please?

Says the person quoting her post from two days ago. :0 I think she gets it, can we just move on please?

What this guy said. Seriously. I may not understand why a few posts saying I don't like Hoenn annoys people so badly, but really, this was TWO DAYS AGO. It's done and over with and there's no point in anyone bringing it up anymore, myself included.

Anyway, maybe Ike will be shown next week, who knows? Or maybe it'll be a different character. Or maybe no characters at all still. We don't know what Sakurai has planned. :P

Such intellect discussions in here lol

To be fair I guess there's not much related to Smash that can be discussed these days.

So, uh...

I dunno... I hope the unlock requirements are more interesting and difficult than they were in Brawl. Playing X amount of matches (especially if it's less than 100 or whatever) or just getting them from the SSE is pretty boring.

I remember unlocking Mewtwo in Melee was always kind of a mythical subject for me when I was younger lol. I found out about his requirement (that you have to play the game for like 10 hours or something), but I heard some kind of rumor that said to unlock him you had to do a 3-stock match on Pokemon Stadium, put both characters on the center (in the Pokeball) and leave them there overnight or something. The funny thing is how it really worked for me when I tried it lol...

Obviously they shouldn't have anything quite that silly but hopefully they're at least interesting and/or challenging requirements.

I have a feeling it may probably be a repeat of Brawl. Though I'd prefer it otherwise. So I can start playing as him right off the bat, lol.

I'm still wondering if we'll even have to unlock characters. Its tradition yes but we seem to be getting a lot of character reveals before the whole "click here if you wish to be spoiled"

It probably just means there's going to be a lot of characters. Also, consider the probability that most of the remaining new characters are being saved for June and E3, and that the 3DS version is coming out not long after that-- we'll probably get whatever remaining starting characters there are then.

It's probably also possible that Luigi, Marth, and Toon Link are all still unlockables, giving us about the same number as Brawl's starting characters currently released for this game now.

I don't think it'll be QUITE that few, but I agree that I think there are probably very few newcomers left. I'm guessing ~5 or so tops.

Edited by BANRYU