If you can make a staff...any ideas?

Brainwash Staff 1/1

*-rank. Sacrifices user to recruit any unit (except maybe the main bosses, like Alvis/Julius or something).

claude!corpul in exchange for Ishtar?

yes plz

Heavy Staff - automatically used when attacked while unit does not have a weapon equipped. Has 20 Mt and 20 uses and 85 Hit.

why does it sound like a ygo card

Counter staff - returns the damage done when attacked.

Mug staff - 30% chance of stealing the attacker's equipped weapon.

Regen staff - target recovers 20% mHP at the beginning of every turn.

Enrage - gives an ally +7 atk for 4 turns but he will attack foes randomly (not allies; would name it Berserk but a Berserk staff exists and does something a little different to the opposition)

Decoy staff - enemies will gang up on this unit even with possible KOs to score in range (alternatively: unless a KOable unit is range).

Vanish staff - unit cannot be targeted for the duration of 2 enemy phases.

Edited by Espinosa

Shield Staff- Negates all bonus damage against targeted unit for 5 turns.

Range: Magic/2

Uses: 5

Power Staff- A staff filled with anima magic. Used for attacks rather than healing.

Range: 1 or 2

Uses: 25

Might: 10

Hit: 85

Crit 0

Gives clerics and priests the ability to attack.

Edited by lethality

Physical Striking staffs such as a quarterstaff would be my pick. They would have less mt than a sword and low ht to account for the fact that they take a bit of skill to actually use as a weapon.

E rank Quarterstaff - 1mt | 90hit | 0crt | 1 range | 50 uses | 200 Worth | +5 avoid | Description: A cheap hardwood staff useful for fending off attacks.

D rank Iron Staff - 3mt | 60hit | 0crt | 1 range | 35 uses | 650 Worth | +Swordbreaker Skill | Description: An expensive and heavy staff designed to parry swords.

C rank Steel Staff - 6mt | 80hit | 0crt | 1 range | 35 uses | 920 Worth | Anti-Armor | Description: A staff with small spiked caps designed to pierce armor.

B rank Silver Staff - 8mt | 75hit | 0crt | 1 range | 30 uses | 1600 Worth | +10 Avoid | Description: A bright staff that blinds those who would attack the weilder.

A rank Brave Staff - 7mt | 70hit | 0crt | 1 range | 30 uses | 2100 Worth | 2 consecutive attacks and +5 avoid | Description: The most damaging quarterstaff.

B rank Lightning Rod - 13mt | 70ht | 0crt | 2 range | 30 uses | not in shops | Counts as Magic | Description: A long and thin metal staff unsuited for melee.

Or something like that. Really I just want to see someone mercilessly beat someone to death with a (big) stick. The joke sword is close, but a real quarterstaff would be real fun! Basically the idea is weak and fairly inaccurate, but come with special abilities/stats out of the gate. The basic one is all about cheap. The others are pretty much novel weapons.

Devil Staff: (30-Luck)% chance to damage the unit you were attempting to heal.

I like this but like the Devil Axe it should heal for a really large amount and have more uses than a Recover staff.

Risk/Reward type thing.

THE LOST GAIDEN

spZhoCq.jpg?1?4748

Valhalla Warrior Staff: Summons great long gone warriors (at random) to the map, it can also summon your passed combatants with some sort of dialogue exchange based on how poorly they were treated in life (yeah, that's right, bitter ghosts lol), even making remarks about how their wife/husband married someone else after their death. (Marriage system is broken in Awakening, polygamy needed to stir things up, and marriage after death of a loved one). Seeing all this unfold would give you more incentive to let your units die, as it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of your camaraderies in retrospect.

Based on my imagination, the units you would summon have a 20% chance of landing a critical strike on a foe, and a 33% chance if the owner of the scepter has low health with impeding death. The gravity of the damage inflicted on the enemy is based on the level of the Sage using the staff. In other words, the dead warrior is only as strong as the Sage using their energy to summon the deceased. RNG will generate stats on the fly, you will see them go from ?? to actual numbers corresponding to the actual level of the Sage.

Even though it uses Anima magic, the first and only rule of the Valhalla Warrior Staff is: only Sages can use it. And it can only be used 5 times before it expires, forever. UNLESS, you keep feeding it souls, those souls are those of your units. For every dead unit, you get +1 on ability to use, YUM.

You can only find this staff after sailing across the sea, fighting off sirens, hydras, and getting shipwrecked (surprisingly as a whole) to a cave in the middle of nowhere. Once you enter the cave, you'll have to battle skeletons, and serpent ladies, until you find a tomb to face-off with some revered character from a previous Fire Emblem game. Then there will be an emerging pedestal with a staff on it. But here's the catch: you can't see the top of the staff because it's all so fuzzy, emitting a piercing white light, when you go up to touch it, you are teleported to the opposite side of the world where it's cold, and barren. You can finally grab the staff, and gleam at its various shades of blue heptagon gem (obviously paralleling the many hair dyes Marth, and his successors exhibited throughout the history of FE games).

Suddenly, you hear a muffled ''Hee-ho!''.

Chapter Condition: You have to have lost x number of units to enter this gaiden, trollolol Intellgent Systems style.

I like this but like the Devil Axe it should heal for a really large amount and have more uses than a Recover staff.

Risk/Reward type thing.

I find myself rarely ever needing any stronger staves than Heal in most FE games. If somebody happens to receive that much damage to necessitate it, they're probably too far away to be Mended (or whatever).

A staff that grants a random buff would be cool.

I find myself rarely ever needing any stronger staves than Heal in most FE games. If somebody happens to receive that much damage to necessitate it, they're probably too far away to be Mended (or whatever).

A staff that grants a random buff would be cool.

Good point.

It would be mainly used for healing a unit with alot of Health from critical to full with when you have very little magic just like how you'd sometimes need a Devil weapons increased MT deal enough damage to hopefully not get counter-attacked and die (Hopefully :P)

Brainwash Staff 1/1

*-rank. Sacrifices user to recruit any unit (except maybe the main bosses, like Alvis/Julius or something).

claude!corpul in exchange for Ishtar?

yes plz

lol fun, sounds good

a staff that instantly kills your ally is hardly broken

lolol well played

@cam: ah, i've never checked. i'd assumed that was linked to their 3-10 range.

if this was the case, siege tome users could fight each other (which would actually be epic!)

To continue my quest to be sued by WotC

Staff of Power

Staff of the Magi

How about an Isochron Scepter?

Imprints a spellbook into it (becoming a copy of that weapon), but classifies it as a staff.

Edited by LunaSaint