If you can make a staff...any ideas?

If you can make your own staff weapon (for clerics, priests, etc.) what would it be?

Ideas for a new staff/new staves:

Slow - halves all enemy movement for one turn.

Ethereal - Ranged staff. Creates a binding shield around a unit for 1 turn. When cast on an ally, enemies cannot attack him, but he also cannot attack. When cast on an enemy unit, allies cannot attack him, but the enemy cannot attack.

Refresh - Legendary staff. 3/3 uses. Refreshes all allies, except for the staff user. (This reminds me of Advance Wars Eagle's Lightning Strike!)

Shield - Ranged staff. Creates four walls around an ally/enemy unit for one turn. Basically like four light runes, except it's all around the unit, trapping him inside.

Lord of Hammerne - Very rare staff that has a 5% chance of finding in the sand. All weapon durability is replenished.

Bind staff: stops a distant enemy from moving for some turns (randomly/based-on-mag chosen, something like 3) but they can still attack and counterattack. Good for those especially strong units like the first promoted enemies who you don't want to just fall on you and tear you apart.

Muscle Staff - Increase an ally's Strength by 4 for 3 turns.

Occult Staff - Increase an ally's Magic by 4 for 3 turns.

Adept Staff - Increase an ally's Skill by 4 for 3 turns.

Haste Staff - Increase an ally's Speed by 4 for 3 turns.

Fortune Staff - Increase an ally's Luck by 4 for 3 turns.

Guard Staff - Increase an ally's Defense by 4 for 3 turns.

Immunity Staff - Increase an ally's Resistance by 4 for 3 turns.

Motion Staff - Increase an ally's Movement by 2 for 3 turns.

Spectrum Staff - Increase all stats by 4 and Movement by 2 for 3 turns.

Basically singular target, longer lasting Rally staves. Hey, it could work.

Edited by Karaszure

I think that the rally staves are a good idea for lasting longer ((even if they did exist in FE12 but only lasted for one turn)) but they would need to have few uses and maybe only increase stats by 2 or 3 as to not make rallies redundant.

(Stat) down: Decreases (stat) by 3+MAG/5 for 1 turn, No rescue, No swap partner, No canto, Range is 4+MAG/5, Base hit 60 Acc.

No rescue refers you cannot use Rescue command or Rescue staff for this unit
And no swap partners refers to if that unit uses the staff I cannot be rescued/has to stay as lead unit and cannot being traded to another unit through pair up.

Also replace Stat by any stat of your choice except HP

Edit: I screwed things up

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

Flay: Functions the same as a heal staff, except can target enemies. Auto-hit, no RES defense.

Toxic love: Targets two enemy units (some are immune) of opposite gender. If these units ever end a turn within three spaces of each other they take 50% (rounded down) of their health as damage.

Sap: Target gets a debuff where, for every square of movement, they take 1 damage.

Contract: Every time a unit kills another they heal to full health. But, if they go for 1 turn without killing a unit, they suffer their entire health bar in unblockable damage.

Banish/Capture would probably need to not work against bosses lol, or seize chapters sure would be easy.

A staff that had a chance to crit would be cool I think. It would ordinarily heal less damage than a Heal, but it would have a 30% chance to heal 3x as much.

Refresh - Legendary staff. 3/3 uses. Refreshes all allies, except for the staff user. (This reminds me of Advance Wars Eagle's Lightning Strike!)

it's called the Again staff

unless i'm completely misinterpreting your wording?

The level up staff: A very rare staff with only one use that makes any unit you want gain one level. It's an ordinary level, with the same level ups they normally have. It could be good for ests...

Edited by Nobody

Quick staff: the affected unit can attack this turn without being countered (which is already an ability for weapons in the gba games that i dont think ever gets used).

it exists solely on bolting, purge and eclipse

it's called the Again staff

unless i'm completely misinterpreting your wording?

I think by "all allies" he means all deployed units at once.

lets see to not duplicate ideas..

-Curse-inflicts a statistical reduction of 1 point for 5 turns (totaling a five point reduction on the fith turn) on a units strength,magic,skill,speed,defense, resistance stats stats of the effected unit revert on the 6th turn. range:1~mag/2, rank:C uses:3/3

-Paralyze-inflicts the stun condition on the target for 2 turns. range:1~mag/2 rank:B uses:3/3

-Haze-summons the fog of war to the map for 10 turns. Rank:A, uses:5/5(enemy only?)

-Shift-user swaps places with an allied or other unit(player or AI controled). Range:(N/A) rank:B Uses:2/2

-Cloak-renders a unit undetectable to the enemy for 3 turns units effected deal 1.5 more damage and can't be counterattacked however the effect wares off imediatly after engaing in combat. range:1 rank:A uses:3/3

that's what the again staff did in FE3

anyway i'd make this staff called "warp" that'll be super duper broken

a staff that instantly kills your ally is hardly broken