• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps this is a little of topic, but since its a topic about pairings i'll ask anyway. How is Libra/Sully? I know the mods aren't much and Kjelle and mages don't look like a good combo, but Sully can get Luna easily and Libra has an easy time reaching Renewal.

This gives a knight with both self healing and a kickass offensive skill without much trouble since Libra is among the first who gets his lvl 15 promoted skills because of his high level and staves and Luna is only a lvl 5 skill.

Donnel!Kjelle is the absolute best. My skill set for her is armsthrift, sol, galeforce, lancefaire, and astra. She also gets great mods from Donnel. I would only use Libra for Maribelle, Miriel, or Tharja, but Henry can give axefaire to Brady for a great War Monk with Bolt Axes, Ricken gives Luna and a fantastic magic mod to Laurent, and I'm going the sniper path with Noire. Kellam!Nah makes her into a complete wall. I'm also considering having Tiki!Morgan as a sorceror, because I need a good sorceror, and Tiki gives great defensive mods.

Donnel!Kjelle is the absolute best. My skill set for her is armsthrift, sol, galeforce, lancefaire, and astra. She also gets great mods from Donnel. I would only use Libra for Maribelle, Miriel, or Tharja, but Henry can give axefaire to Brady for a great War Monk with Bolt Axes, Ricken gives Luna and a fantastic magic mod to Laurent, and I'm going the sniper path with Noire. Kellam!Nah makes her into a complete wall. I'm also considering having Tiki!Morgan as a sorceror, because I need a good sorceror, and Tiki gives great defensive mods.

[/nods] Donnel!Kjelle is probably THE best Kjelle in the game.

But the only problem I see with your Henry!Brady plan is keeping a decent amount of Bolt Axes in your convoy... can you buy those anywhere?

You can only buy Bolt Axes from L'Arachel IIRC.

@sasori Libra!Kjelle is perfectly good for a casual no-postgame run. Great, even. But you can do a bit better when you're thinking long term and willing to grind.

Here's a better question. I had a sudden realization that Vaike!Nah gives the best Nah possible judging from skills, classes and stats. Here are my two questions. I'm on chapter 12, so would it be worthwhile to restart the game? I want the best, but I really don't want to do the first couple chapters again. Is it worth it to restart? My other question is who would be a good replacement husband for Lissa? I have Libra, Virion, and Kellam open. I'm leaning towards Virion since he helps Owain's speed and skill, while not hurting his strength or magic. Owain can be a really good dark knight with swords and magic.

Edited by Duck

I restarted, and this is what I'm thinking should happen:

Chrom!Cynthia (Falcon Knight)

Sumia!Lucina (Great Lord)

Virion!Owain (Dark Knight)

Lon'qu!Inigo (Hero)

Henry!Brady (War Monk)

Donnel!Kjelle (General)

Stahl!Severa (Hero)

Fred!Gerome (Wyvern Lord)

Tiki!Morgan (Sorceror)

Gregor!Yarne (Assassin)

Ricken!Laurent (Sage)

Gaius!Noire (Sniper)

Vaike!Nah (Manakete)

Does this seem optimal?

Optimal under what conditions? Besides Avatar x Tiki do you have any other restrictions?

One thing I immediately see is that Owain still doesn't have Luna, which he could pretty easily get from Kellam.

Perhaps this is a little of topic, but since its a topic about pairings i'll ask anyway. How is Libra/Sully? I know the mods aren't much and Kjelle and mages don't look like a good combo, but Sully can get Luna easily and Libra has an easy time reaching Renewal.

This gives a knight with both self healing and a kickass offensive skill without much trouble since Libra is among the first who gets his lvl 15 promoted skills because of his high level and staves and Luna is only a lvl 5 skill.

I'm actually experimenting with Libra!Kjelle at the moment, and while she does miss getting Mercenary and Galeforce, Sorcerer Kjelle is actually pretty cool, and a little underrated in my view. She gets Pavise/Aegis/Luna and Vantage naturally, so she does well as a bulky Nosferatu user. The most notable skills that Libra gives her are Renewal, Miracle and Tomefaire, which are alright but not necessary since she already has a good core set from Sully. Henry!Kjelle is notable for that, too, though she gets a bit more stuff to play with aside from Sorcerer.

Story and character-wise, it's probably one of my favourites. It just screams irony pairing up the most masculine woman and the most feminine-looking man. Libra's still pretty manly, though.

I restarted, and this is what I'm thinking should happen:

Chrom!Cynthia (Falcon Knight)

Sumia!Lucina (Great Lord)

Virion!Owain (Dark Knight)

Lon'qu!Inigo (Hero)

Henry!Brady (War Monk)

Donnel!Kjelle (General)

Stahl!Severa (Hero)

Fred!Gerome (Wyvern Lord)

Tiki!Morgan (Sorceror)

Gregor!Yarne (Assassin)

Ricken!Laurent (Sage)

Gaius!Noire (Sniper)

Vaike!Nah (Manakete)

Does this seem optimal?

Everything looks pretty good, although to echo Meteor and Demise/DB, I think there are a few changes you could make if you want, particularly involving Laurent. Ricken!Laurent is decent, though I'd argue that there are better uses of him.

Option 1: Ricken!Owain, Kellam!Laurent

I'd probably support this option the most, because this allows you to get Luna on Owain, and Kellam!Laurent is identical in most ways to Ricken!Laurent, since both get Great Knight for Luna/Dual Guard, which is the main draw to both pairings. However, Kellam also gives Laurent access to Priest, meaning he can also fill in a niche as a War Monk if he wants to.

Option 2: Ricken!Inigo, Lon'qu!Laurent or Kellam!Inigo, Ricken!Owain and Lon'qu!Laurent

An alternative if you're willing to move Luna onto Inigo rather than Laurent. I'd argue that Inigo uses Luna better thanks to getting Galeforce access, and he has a few ways to do that. Ricken!Inigo is basically a more magically inclined Chrom!Inigo, while Kellam!Inigo gets Luna/Dual Guard/Pavise along with Sage access to do magic if he wants. If you don't want to do Kellam!Laurent, Lon'qu makes Laurent really fast and strong and gives him Vantage, which is probably the main skill he wants if you're making him a Sorcerer.

I don't use sorceror Laurent. His magic is used to the full potential with Ricken as the father and him as a sage. I have Laurent with a similar skill set to Gerome. Dual Guard+, Luna, Dual Support+, Lifetaker, Tomefaire to Gerome's DG+, Luna, DS+, Aegis, Pavise. Alternatively, what about Libra!Owain or Libra!Laurent? I've tried Libra!Owain before, and it's pretty good. Owain makes an amazing dread fighter no matter what. I still don't really understand the drawbacks to Ricken!Laurent. It has always seemed perfectly fine to me. Better than Kellam!Laurent in my opinion.

I don't use sorceror Laurent. His magic is used to the full potential with Ricken as the father and him as a sage. I have Laurent with a similar skill set to Gerome. Dual Guard+, Luna, Dual Support+, Lifetaker, Tomefaire to Gerome's DG+, Luna, DS+, Aegis, Pavise. Alternatively, what about Libra!Owain or Libra!Laurent? I've tried Libra!Owain before, and it's pretty good. Owain makes an amazing dread fighter no matter what. I still don't really understand the drawbacks to Ricken!Laurent. It has always seemed perfectly fine to me. Better than Kellam!Laurent in my opinion.

Even if I was doing a Sage build, I'd probably still go with Lon'qu or Kellam mostly because I find they do a lot of stuff that Ricken does, but a little better in that regard. Don't get me wrong. Ricken!Laurent is solid and it's great from a team perspective since the only other kids who really want Ricken are Owain or Noire, (maybe Yarne or Inigo too) but compared to Laurent's other potential parents I find that Ricken doesn't quite offer as much. It's basically Cavalier(so just Luna/Dual Guard/Aegis) and a high magic stat, since Mage overlaps and Archer isn't really useful to him, so it isn't the end of the world, but he could do better. To compare to some of his other dads;

-Stahl gives him Luna access, Vantage, and decent defensive mods to work with. Archer's not useful to him either, but Myrmidon is really good for a magic unit to have even for Vantage alone.

-Kellam gives him Luna too but also Pavise, which might come in more useful than Aegis for a Sage due to the difference between their Res and Defense caps. He also gets Priest with Axefaire to do double duty as a War Monk. Barring the speed which matters a little less to a Sage than a Sorcerer, the mods are also pretty good, too. (4 magic, 3 skill, positive defenses)

-Frederick hurts his magic and speed, but also gives him Luna as well as the full Pavise/Aegis set, with Dual Guard and Deliverer to play a support role if needed.

-Lon'qu gives him Myrmidon for Vantage and some pretty insane stat mods. (4 magic, 5 skill and speed) He also gives Astra, which is no Luna but it's good enough to work with, and some extra goodies like Wyvern to use Axefaire with or do some fun things like Movement+1 and Deliverer or something to make up a little for a lack of Galeforce. Trickster Laurent is also more viable thanks to getting Swordfaire.

-Gaius gives him Myrmidon as well, great stat mods, and Sol if he wants to be a Sorcerer or something. Only downside is that you lose a Galeforce kid if you do this, but if you want to I guess you could.

-Gregor gives him access to Vantage, Armsthrift and Sol to abuse Aversa's Night. Granted he's better for Sorcerer builds.

So while Ricken is still a solid dad for Laurent, it's not one I would recommend if all possible options are available.

If I were to do Ricken!Owain, wouldn't Libra!Laurent be the best option there? Kellam!Laurent is decent, but I'd prefer a father that boosts his magic. Like I said before, Laurent gets good enough skills in the classes Ricken gives him, and Owain gets good skills no matter what, but with Libra he can use VVW.

Edited by Duck

If I were to do Ricken!Owain, wouldn't Libra!Laurent be the best option there? Kellam!Laurent is decent, but I'd prefer a father that boosts his magic. Like I said before, Laurent gets good enough skills in the classes Ricken gives him, and Owain gets good skills no matter what, but with Libra he can use VVW.

Libra doesn't give him anything except War Monk. (Sage is redundant and Priest might as well not be there) Kellam does too, but he also gives Luna/Great Knight on top of that just like Ricken does, hence why I suggested it.

I think that Laurent already has a really high magic base to work with, (Miriel's +3 means that even with a father that doesn't help/hinder it, he'll still get +4) but if you're specifically looking for a father to boost Laurent's magic, I'll have to admit that Ricken would be your best option there, and you could do Libra!Owain instead if you want. The only other father who gives a boost is Henry, who gives Laurent... virtually nothing. Maybe Movement+1.

Libra's class set isn't that great because of redundancy issues, so he's best for kids who already have the skillset to really abuse it to its maximum potential (Inigo, arguably Kjelle) or ones that you want to have do magic anyway to boost their abilities and who have enough to work with out of the box. (Brady with Galeforce/Luna, Owain with Galeforce and Vantage)

Edited by HeoandReo

>Libra's class set isn't that great because of redundancy issues, so he's best for kids who already have the skillset to really abuse it to its maximum potential (Inigo, arguably Kjelle) or ones that you want to have do magic anyway to boost their abilities and who have enough to work with out of the box. (Brady with Galeforce/Luna, Owain with Galeforce and Vantage)

I don't see the point of Libra!Inigo. He needs some to boost his skill or speed, and he really doesn't need magic. He makes the best hero because of easy access to skills like astra, swordfaire and axefaire. Plus, Libra is better as the father of Owain or Brady, someone who can actually use the great magic mod Libra passes down. So basically, I don't understand the first statement, but I agree with the second one.

The thing is, Classes >>>>>>>>> mods. Libra!Laurent is literally one of the worst Laurents because of the terrible class overlap. Gregor!Laurent is considered the best (non-MU) Laurent even if Gregor gives a negative Mag mod because he gets great skills. This is the same reason Gaius!Noire and Donnel!Noire are the best Noires. First look at the classes the kid gets, then look at the mods.

EDIT: Libra!Inigo gets Vantage, Vengeance, Wrath and Galeforce, armsthrift and sol which means he's the perfect sorcerer.

Edited by Nobody

>Libra's class set isn't that great because of redundancy issues, so he's best for kids who already have the skillset to really abuse it to its maximum potential (Inigo, arguably Kjelle) or ones that you want to have do magic anyway to boost their abilities and who have enough to work with out of the box. (Brady with Galeforce/Luna, Owain with Galeforce and Vantage)

I don't see the point of Libra!Inigo. He needs some to boost his skill or speed, and he really doesn't need magic. He makes the best hero because of easy access to skills like astra, swordfaire and axefaire. Plus, Libra is better as the father of Owain or Brady, someone who can actually use the great magic mod Libra passes down. So basically, I don't understand the first statement, but I agree with the second one.

Well, for the most part, the main appeal of Libra!Inigo is for him to use magic anyway. Usually as a Sorcerer due to Armsthrift/Vantage/Sol, but his stats are just good enough to run Sage well, and he makes a bulky War Monk thanks to Sol and Axefaire. Kjelle gets Pavise/Aegis to be bulky, Luna as a proc, and Vantage for extra insurance and to abuse Vengeance well.

The person above pretty much covered the main point, which was that skill selection is probably the most important aspect of children. Some classes end up being difficult to use if they don't have the right skills to work with.

I changed two pairs around. I'm going to do Lucina!Morgan, because Aether Morgan is absolutely unstoppable, and I really like Lucina. (Win-Win) I have also decided to take your advice and go sorcerer with Laurent, as well as switch his father to Kellam. Skills are Pavise, Dual Support+, Dual Guard+, Luna, and Tomefaire. I think that will work better because I can just use Brady as the main healer. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Does Ricken!Owain get sorcerer? I'm thinking I'll probably do that as well. Skills are probably Vengeance, Vantage, Wrath, Galeforce, and Aggressor if he gets sorcerer, and Galeforce, Luna, Aggressor, Swordfaire and tomefaire if not. I also really hate Libra.

Edited by Duck

EDIT: Does Ricken!Owain get sorcerer? I'm thinking I'll probably do that as well. Skills are probably Vengeance, Vantage, Wrath, Galeforce, and Aggressor if he gets sorcerer, and Galeforce, Luna, Aggressor, Swordfaire and tomefaire if not. I also really hate Libra.

No.

What. Why.

Sorry, but this is probably the rarer times I seen someone hated him. Reasons please?

Also, you don't actually need Sorc to rock. Their only forte is the OP dark tomes, otherwise Sage >>> Sorc, both aesthetically and usefulness.

What. Why.

Sorry, but this is probably the rarer times I seen someone hated him. Reasons please?

Also, you don't actually need Sorc to rock. Their only forte is the OP dark tomes, otherwise Sage >>> Sorc, both aesthetically and usefulness.

I just don't like his character. Oh, I also don't don't really like his femininity. I also don't like how he works so well with Olivia. I mean, I think of the characters like they're in a high school. I think of Olivia as one of the popular girls who would marry a popular guy (i.e. Gaius, Chrom). Libra is like the one kid who is completely devoted to religion. They just don't fit. So really, it's just personal preference.