So does that mean that Stahl Gerome with Hit +20 and bow faire as a warrior could be as good as Henry Gerome considering he bypasses the wt?

Depends on whether or not you're trying to hit any speed thresholds. Berserker doesn't just have slightly better strength caps, it also boosts speed by 8 instead of 3 with its pairup bonus, which is just enough to make a Sumia x Chrom daughter as a sniper hit 75 speed, and it's also enough to get Gaius!Kjelle and Lon'qu/Virion!Severa to 75 speed if they have AS+2 equipped. That combination of strength and speed makes these pairs DEVASTATING. Because of this, Berserker is usually better unless you have a girl who doesn't really need to hit the higher speed thresholds. If you do have such a girl, a hit+20 bowfaire warrior gerome might be a better match for her.

Edited by Alastor15243

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does that mean that Stahl Gerome with Hit +20 and bow faire as a warrior could be as good as Henry Gerome considering he bypasses the wt?

Bowfaire Warrioir Gerome (best done by Stahl, but Ricken and Virion are good alterantive) is done when his lead wife is fast enough to double everything that needs to be doubled. Speaking from a no dlc perspective, something like Assassin LQ!Severa, who reaches 65 (edit: forgot tonics, it's 67, which avoids being doubled by Anna/NS and doubles everything that isn't Thronie, NS, or Anna) Spd with no spd pair up. Also, yes, one advantage is bypassing WT and having effective damage against Apo fliers.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I'm in a position where I could soon go about recruiting Stahl!Yarne.

Which Wyvern class tree skill do you think that I should inherit onto him from Panne? I'm planning to eventually try a no-DLC Apotheosis run.

Obviously, the skills from that line are Strength+2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, and Lancebreaker.

My calculations indicate that I could quite reasonably get to an 87 attack Berserker with 100% hit rates against Anna with Hit+20 and the assistance of a Hex/Anathema bot character, plus rallies, tonics, forges, tec.. That translates into 14 damage per hit against such a foe (58 defense).

- Strength +2 would yield 15 damage per hit (a total of 4 more damage, 1 on each dual strike, assuming that the lead cannot double Anna in these conditions)

- Swordbreaker doesn't' help against Anna or the Throne Berserkers, but it does help against regular foes in the process of training Yarne with axes.

- Deliverer probaby isn't needed as he's likely rear support.

- Weapon triangle advantage, Hex/Anathema, Hit+20, Forges, etc. already gives a 100% hit rate against lance using Anna, so Lancebreaker probably isn't needed.

-Tantivity doesn't work well with in conjunction with Hex/Anathema bots.

-Quick Burn isn't' that great for Apo.

So, should I pass down Strength+2 for the slightly better damage, Swordbreaker for general utility in all the battles I have outside of Apo., or something else?

Which Wyvern class tree skill do you think that I should inherit onto him from Panne? I'm planning to eventually try a no-DLC Apotheosis run.

Obviously, the skills from that line are Strength+2, Tantivity, Quick Burn, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, and Lancebreaker.

My calculations indicate that I could quite reasonably get to an 87 attack Berserker with 100% hit rates against Anna with Hit+20 and the assistance of a Hex/Anathema bot character, plus rallies, tonics, forges, tec.. That translates into 14 damage per hit against such a foe (58 defense).

- Strength +2 would yield 15 damage per hit (a total of 4 more damage, 1 on each dual strike, assuming that the lead cannot double Anna in these conditions)

- Swordbreaker doesn't' help against Anna or the Throne Berserkers, but it does help against regular foes in the process of training Yarne with axes.

- Weapon triangle advantage, Hex/Anathema, Hit+20, Forges, etc. already gives a 100% hit rate against lance using Anna, so Lancebreaker probably isn't needed.

So, should I pass down Strength+2 for the slightly better damage, Swordbreaker for general utility in all the battles I have outside of Apo., or something else?

Berserker Yarne is going to be running LB, Aggressor, AS+2, Hit+20 and Axefaire. He doesn't have room for any of those skills. If you're BREEDING Yarne, however, Str+2 is probably the best option because he'll have room to run that as an assassin if you're going for a 100% DS build with a +Skl female Avatar (Yarne would be running LB, Agg, AS+2, Str+2 and Swordfaire in that case).

Which is preferred, Lon'qu Brady or Lon'qu Laurent? Or some other Lon'qu child? Assume Virion has taken Severa.

Lon'qu!Laurent is a great option if you're marrying him, because it'll make a pretty damn good Morgan, though it's a waste of Lon'qu's... everything... on Laurent himself. The only thing he really gets is Vantage, which is a gimmick, and one that doesn't even work on most challenge runs. Lon'qu!Brady is a great option because it gives Brady the only things he really needs: good mods and procstack potential, the latter of which is important on certain challenge runs for damage stability.

Edited by Alastor15243

What part of no-DLC Apotheosis was not understood? Limit Breaker and Aggressor are both DLC and are thus disqualified under the parameters to the challenge run that I explicitly said I was planning to do.

Quote: "I'm planning to eventually try a no-DLC Apotheosis run."

What part of no-DLC Apotheosis was not understood? Limit Breaker and Aggressor are both DLC and are thus disqualified under the parameters to the challenge run that I explicitly said I was planning to do.

Quote: "I'm planning to eventually try a no-DLC Apotheosis run."

Missed that, sorry. I've never attempted no-dlc apotheosis, so I'm not entirely sure which to do.

I'd pass Swordbreaker, it's a skill that he can practically use in game and post game. Str +2 is swell, though. If you don't think you'll need the extra damage, go with Sword Breaker.

Which is preferred, Lon'qu Brady or Lon'qu Laurent? Or some other Lon'qu child? Assume Virion has taken Severa.

LQ is used most on Severa, Laurent, and Brady anyway. LQ!Laurent is the preferred in the event that you aren't doing Gregor!Laurent.

Missed that, sorry. I've never attempted no-dlc apotheosis, so I'm not entirely sure which to do.

I'm working on no braves/no dlc 100% (just to get your perspective). I think it would be pretty cool if you dipped into a no dlc run.

I'm working on no braves/no dlc 100% (just to get your perspective). I think it would be pretty cool if you dipped into a no dlc run.

I'll consider it. Just checking, does no DLC mean no einherjar too, or just the skills and classes?

Alastor: I need to apologize as well… I could have said that more politely.

No worries, we all get the temptation to be rude sometimes, ESPECIALLY if we feel we can be clever about it.

Edited by Alastor15243

I imply DLC as paid DLC.

edit: bonus box, double duel, streetpass, spotpass are are free/fair game as far as I'm concerned.

So all of the einherjar I use for rally bots except for one of my old avatars are the ones you unlock at the end of DLC chapters (R&R Ephraim, Bride Eirika, Apotheosis Katarina) Are they still okay, or do I have to spend time and delete one of my saves in order to make new ones exclusively from spotpass?

You should replace those rally bots with spotpass bots (not that much different). Also classes like Bride/Rally Heart would be banned. And why would you have to delete a save for that? Do those contribute to the 20 cap? If so, you should still be able to re-recruit them, no?

You should replace those rally bots with spotpass bots (not that much different). Also classes like Bride/Rally Heart would be banned. And why would you have to delete a save for that? Do those contribute to the 20 cap? If so, you should still be able to re-recruit them, no?

You need to use two save files to do the trick to give multiple avatar logbook units boots. I'd have to delete one of my files in order to make new rally bots with the extra move.

LQ is used most on Severa, Laurent, and Brady anyway. LQ!Laurent is the preferred in the event that you aren't doing Gregor!Laurent.

Well, I was going to try to get Gregor somewhere else, but he really doesn't do that much better for the others than he does for Laurent, does he?

Alright, after giving it some thought, I've got it narrowed down to two potential Morgans:

Lon'qu!Yarne!+Spd-Lck/Def!Morgan as an assassin with Galeforce, Luna, Ignis, Bowfaire and Swordfaire, and an assassin wife, or Lon'qu!Severa!+Spd-Lck/Def!Morgan as an assassin with Galeforce, Luna, Ignis, Spd+2 and Str+2, and a berserker husband.

Both of these Morgans would be capable of hitting 75 speed, which would be quite exceptional in a no DLC run and would basically make either one of them the most powerful member of my team, particularly against NS and maybe Anna if they can survive a spear Aether. Lon'qu!Severa!Morgan would have a more powerful partner in terms of dual strikes and would have the faster parent up front, but Lon'qu!Yarne!Morgan would have more accuracy in back and slightly more attack power up front.

Any thoughts?

You need to use two save files to do the trick to give multiple avatar logbook units boots. I'd have to delete one of my files in order to make new rally bots with the extra move.

If you are playing on casual then you only need one save file. You can use one of the two battle save slots as the first save but this requires a small set up and takes a bit more time to do.

Alright, after doing some calculations, I've decided I'm going with Virion!Yarne!Morgan @ assassin with Galeforce, Luna, Ignis, Defender and Deliverer, partnered up with Vaike!Nah @ Hero. This should give Morgan exactly enough defense and speed to double Anna AND just barely survive, with one HP, one of Anna's aether attacks. Upon surviving it, Anna should get obliterated thanks to Morgan and Nah's 12 attacks. And by switching to Virion for Yarne's father, I make a better Yarne as well. This Morgan should be able to kill pretty much anything in one round thanks to doubling everything and thus having 12 attacks for everything.

Alright, I'm narrowing them down now. A question or two to wrap it up.

I have these pairs sorted out.

+Mag/-Def Avatar X Sumia!Lucina

Gaius X Sully

Virion X Cordelia

I'm fairly sure about these

Ricken X Lissa

Lon'qu X Maribelle

Henry X Cherche

Stahl X Panne

Gregor X Miriel

Vaike X Tharja

And these I'm not sure about

Donnel, Kellam, Frederick, Libra X Nowi, Olivia

I'm leaning Libra Olivia, but I don't know.

Any help, critique, changes, shuffling, is all appreciated. Especially with the ones in the middle section. Child pairings will be next.

Honestly I'd recommend pairing up with Chrom!Cynthia instead. Morgan will be identical, but one of those sisters wants to be a sniper with a berserker hard support, and sniper + berserker has a lower DS rate than dark flier + sage or tactician, so having Lucina be the sniper is preferable. And since you're a magic build, your avatar obviously doesn't want to be the berserker.

Also, be VERY wary of doing a hard support Noire on a male avatar file. Unless you drop Nah entirely, it'll mean you only have ONE galepair.

Also, be VERY wary of doing a hard support Noire on a male avatar file. Unless you drop Nah entirely, it'll mean you only have ONE galepair.

I don't think this is as big a deal as you're making it out to be. If Bunselpower is using Avatar + all the children, that's 7 pairs. If only one in each pair has Galeforce, that's a total of 14 moves per turn. That's not even taking into consideration the Galepair, Olivia, or the possibility of making Chrom and Sumia a fighting pair up. That should be plenty of moves per turn, seeing as a lot of people field much smaller teams for Apotheosis.

Between running a Donnel!Noire and a non Galeforce Noire...I would honestly take the latter. I was not impressed with Donnel!Noire's stats when I ran her. I much prefer my current Gregor!Noire, who's both stronger and faster. Vaike would make Noire a little more stronger and faster than Gregor would. She'll be just fine.

I don't think this is as big a deal as you're making it out to be. If Bunselpower is using Avatar + all the children, that's 7 pairs. If only one in each pair has Galeforce, that's a total of 14 moves per turn. That's not even taking into consideration the Galepair, Olivia, or the possibility of making Chrom and Sumia a fighting pair up. That should be plenty of moves per turn, seeing as a lot of people field much smaller teams for Apotheosis.

Between running a Donnel!Noire and a non Galeforce Noire...I would honestly take the latter. I was not impressed with Donnel!Noire's stats when I ran her. I much prefer my current Gregor!Noire, who's both stronger and faster. Vaike would make Noire a little more stronger and faster than Gregor would. She'll be just fine.

Yes but there are some things that just plain don't work nearly as well without a galepair, like, say, a galeforce-using General. Generals work way better if their partner is a galeforce using paladin. Plus, female hard supports are generally not that good in any mode where you're allowed to use aggressor. If you're using brave weapons, the extra "aggressor in back" damage is overkill, and if you're not, there is no extra damage from putting aggressor in back unless your front attacks are getting halved by pavgis, which generally shouldn't be happening if you've set your team up properly and have dispatched your units to the right places. So now you're left with a unit who's probably not as well optimized for being up front as your other units or even her husband, and doesn't even get the pair a third attack to make up for it, so really, you might as well just have her husband attack twice.

Donnel!Noire DOES suck though, but I'm personally considering running a non-galeforce noire not as a hard support, but as a staffbot, if I ever use Gaius!Kjelle. Generally on challenge runs you need multiple of them and there's not a lot of space if you're using all children, Chrom and his wife, and four rally bots like I do.

Edited by Alastor15243