[FE10] Live Speedrun Draft (Sun Oct. 6th, 6pm eastern time)

Vykan_12

This is going to be more or less the same concept as the FE8 live speedrun draft, with a couple tweaks here and there. As before, the race will be hosted on speedrunslive and ideally those who join the draft are able to stream on twitch, although it's not a requirement. I've set the date of the race to this sunday at 6pm eastern time, although I can push back the date to whenever if this turns out to be too short notice. The race last week was a blast and if this one is successful, I hope to turn these races into a weekly event.

As for the rules, I'm going by the ruleset I found in the sticky, with a couple of exceptions:

Drafting:

1. This draft is for 7 players.

2. Ike, Micaiah, Sothe, Geoffrey, the Herons, the Black Knight, and Lehran are free for all to use.

3. The drafting order is reversed for the last round of picks.

4. Haar is banned from drafting.

5. The game will be played on Normal Mode.

Rules:

1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, Rescue and Shove/Smite undrafted characters and NPCs, trade, Escape/Arrive, and transfer items/skills between teams.

2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors and Chests, finding hidden items, and giving Blood Tide/Night Tide/White Pool bonuses.

3. Allied and Other units may do as they please without penalty.

4. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter (1-6 counts as 2 chapters, and 4-E counts as 5 chapters).

Exceptions:

1. One of Edward or Nolan is free for each of 1-P, 1-1 and 1-2.

2. Volug is free for 1-5.

3. Elincia, Marcia and Nealuchi are free for 2-P

4. Nephenee and Brom are free for 2-1.

5. One undrafted, non-Lucia unit is free for 2-2.

6. One undrafted, 7 move unit is free for 3-1.

7. One undrafted, 6 move unit is free for 3-3.

Teams:

(names go here)

First, I'd relax the penalty exceptions as follows:

1-P to 1-2: Use whoever the hell you want

1-5: Volug (same as before)

2-P to 2-3: Use whoever the hell you want

3-1 and 3-2: Can use two undrafted non-mount units

As for the penalties itself, you won't be punished if you make a couple accidents here and there, such as forgetting to unequip an undrafted unit for 1 turn who then faces an enemy. Egregious or intentional mistakes such as having an undrafted Titania solo a difficult map will cause a self-inflicted penalty of 15 minutes per chapter, although you kind of have to run by the honor system for what penalties you impose on your final time.

The drafting itself will be done on-stream. I'll organize a spreadsheet on google drive that all the draftees can access and edit and we'll pick the teams that way, same as last time. Make sure to join the srl channel or contact me via skype about an hour before the race so we can get everything organized properly.

Sign-ups

1. Vykan12

2. PKL

3. Gwimpage

4. Paperblade

Edited by Vykan_12

are you sure you'll manage 7 people able to stream and willing to do this?

I was told by Tables that the FE8 speedrun draft filled out almost instantly so I'm not too worried about that. And again, streaming is optional, not a requirement.

pick Jill first, BEXP like hell #toptierstrats

Do you think Jill should be banned as well?

Edited by Vykan_12

Do you think Jill should be banned as well?

your call, but Celes' arguments for Jill>Haar, while not quite applicable (as Haar also does everything in a speedrun), puts her wayyyy above everyone else

then again if it's single segment BEXP might be a bitch

edit: lol at Jill plz/JILL PLZ!/I hate you Jill!

also it's Edward sucks/Edward still sucks/Wrath crits all the....(what's the rest of that line)

edit2: LMAO THOSE EDWARD LEVEL-UPS

Edited by shadykid

In a normal draft setting, Jill isn't overpowered. She can match Eddie, Nolan and Titania (the other big first picks).

I don't know how being focused on time instead of turns would change that in FE10.

In a normal draft setting, Jill isn't overpowered. She can match Eddie, Nolan and Titania (the other big first picks).

I don't know how being focused on time instead of turns would change that in FE10.

time changes lots of things

like in FE9, Marcia>>>>>>>>>>>>Titania in a speedrun

also for an obvious one, 3-7 is "loop Haar around a circle to clear out dragonmasters and stragglers" instead of "get all your EXP"

edit: may not be the case with single-segment though, but if you guys were to do a segmented speedrun draft it's not a contest

oh and the main thing about turns vs time: cutting 1 turn from 1-P and 1 turn from say, 3-E is equal in normal drafts

speedruns? lol you can figure that one out

(basically, the other earlygame DB picks are worthless because earlygame itself becomes worthless)

Edited by shadykid

This draft might be a bit harder to fill up than the FE8 one because FE8 is one of the shortest Fe games whereas FE10 is one of the longest.

I don't know if that will deter other people, but I couldnt see myself playing through FE10 in one sitting. I will definitely watch this though, seems fun.

Speaking of one sitting...we might want to coordinate so that everyone has at least 8 hours or so to do this. The other speedrun draft started at 7 PM my time, i wouldnt be able to play through RD if its at that time again, thats for sure (supposing it takes like 8 hours, its just an estimate, idk how much ill take, it might be less) as I would still be playing at 1 AM or so and I have college the next day during the morning.

Speaking of one sitting...we might want to coordinate so that everyone has at least 8 hours or so to do this. The other speedrun draft started at 7 PM my time, i wouldnt be able to play through RD if its at that time again, thats for sure (supposing it takes like 8 hours, its just an estimate, idk how much ill take, it might be less) as I would still be playing at 1 AM or so and I have college the next day during the morning.

What time works better for you? Maybe if I pushed back the start time by 2 hours, you could finish at 11?

There's still room for 3 more entrants btw.

Edited by Vykan_12

maybe change it so it's a fixed time period (say 2-4 hours) and whoever gets the furthest in that time wins? That would probably work better for people.

Good idea. Or perhaps we can split the race into 2 days, each with a fixed time of 4 hours. When the first 4 hours expire, everyone battle saves. The next day everyone continues from where they left off until either they finish or the next 4 hours expire. Then whoever's the furthest wins.

Since there's some missing applicants and some details are up in the air, I'm gonna push back the time for this to some time next weekend.