FE12 H3 Blind Playthrough Log

Irysa

[spoiler=Chapter 10]

vPjxJBA.pngafjL6Yl.png

Man, Merric looks so swag in this intro.

34CiLeB.png

I would be surprised if MU was even capable of reading, forget magic.

qdt8Nug.pngWzOTVKg.png

Motherfucking Pope Dracoknight Wendell is back to kick some ass and slap some sense into Elrean.

E7rr6l6.pngOUz2ZoD.pngolGqXi8.png

TtlykVa.pngFjW82QP.png3cI8XE7.png

MU's thickness is a miracle of the universe.

cSsZEgh.png

Damn right you are, you somehow procced an awful lot of str and def for your growths!

hJ6bKn1.pngwOWzncq.png

Who the fuck decided to put all the chests in stupid places on this map? >:(

Like, why would you store chests OUTSIDE like that? WHATEVER IT'S THIEF STAFF TIME. (Marth can swim for the ones behind the throne)

WAmrikV.png

You thought I was joking about this? You think this is a motherfucking game? We're going straight to capped speed Falcoknight on promotion bitches.

wX2AbRc.png

OH RIGHT, THAT'S HOW FEENA'S SUPPOSED TO KILL THINGS.

cL50SAK.png

I deployed Caeda as a Pally because I really want her to get to B Lances right now on an easy map. Palla took her position as a sniper instead.

VZrBnfk.pngFJEFMb9.png6SJtviH.png

The chapter intro said they weren't allied to anybody. :\

BGnK7wJ.pngWuflX6q.png

So the tl;dr is, Barrier Palla, then have her kill one of the Bishops. I could have had Sirius or Caeda do it but Caeda is only a few attacks from B Lances, and Sirius gets dick for exp even off these promoted enemies so it's totally not worth it. After she kills one, dance her then have her move into position to kill the other Bishop on EP, use a vulnerary, and Catria heals. Then she can ORKO 2 enemies on EP, the Bishop and a Shaver Mage.

Jw2ciw9.png

YEAH, AND A RES PROC FOR GOOD MEASURE. (she's now speed capped in every tier 1 class lol)

5jkkHO1.png

There are plenty of ways to beat this map without using Rescue on Merric but since I'm gonna slowly clear the map out I need him out of there pronto! Although, even though I can't get the silver card on lunatic for sparing all the clerics, I'm a nice guy so I won't kill any of them.

5jPaIsS.png

Right side MU will oneshot a Mage with his bow. Marth Merric and Ogma will back him up, with Malicia healing and thief staffing.

sfKmZFI.png

Left side, Caeda will ORKO a Mage with her javelin. Sirius Draug and Linde will back her up. Wendell is too cool for school so he's not equipped with anything.

yse0bag.png0gnnlzl.pngORDlzS1.png

Oh great goddess Palla, I worship at thy shrine today. MU and Caeda killed their respective mages too.

HhiM5nK.pngBdfDEI8.pngKOD24TW.png

Next turn, Linde heals Caeda then gets danced to chip a dangerous KE Merc down for Sirius to whack to death. Caeda ORKO's another Mage, as does Draug. Could have just had Sage Linde ORKO the dude but Sirius actually need to be babied lol.

JZoXlL6.png2SeBkXI.pngDyz98cL.png

Other side, Marth chips a Mage, then Merric convoys out a Fire tome that dropped from one of the mages on the left side of the map, and some magic shards to finish him off. MU ORKO's a Merc and Ogma ORKO's a Mage.

AzJWTH3.png

I don't know why this shows Catria, it's Malicia using Thief.

7jcgq9q.png

Why does Unlock gotta have a 1-2 range but Thief a map wide range...?

fnSomGT.png

You know I probably should have given Catria another healing staff so she could heal Palla this turn since now I have to spend 2 turns using Vulneraries to safely kill this Merc and then get the other Shaver mage...

PWIXozt.png

These guys are so weak even fucking Feena can ORKO them with Irons lol.

cz5aY3o.png

I saved with Draug cause Malicia's about to use level up. Sirius will pull a Merc. MU also will pull a Merc after he gets healed by Malicia.

HYOEQlV.png

STOP PROCCING SO MUCH DEF HOLY SHIT

X65JX3n.pngjAYdZvS.png

Next turn, Merric killed the East Merc, Palla killed the South Merc, and Draug killed the West Merc. I use Thief again.

5dpdJag.png

Now there's only the sniper, clerics, and the boss left.

dtqUvWc.png

Marth's going skinny dipping to get the treasure first though.

TbIAUQN.pngucl4AvW.png

Wendell is danced to Elrean to recruit.

A lot of Pope slaps later...

iusNiWl.png

Mission complete.

wA8fmaf.pngnNzlWAv.png

I wall the sniper off to protect Feena, then use a savepoint because Sirius' crappy luck means he could very well die.

XumyTCe.png

Yep.

Vs6QHK7.png

Again? Really?

Actually after this I did a lot of testing on exp decay and weapon rank. I eventually decided to give Caeda most of the chip so she could reach B Lances off this enemy, then Draug takes the kill and levels up. Merric hit some enemy Clerics until he leveled up as well, but didn't kill any.

c3dqOHC.png

The day Feena eventually beats Caeda in strength is going to make me a very sad panda.

BexLc65.pnggs5vA8W.pngnU3BiNn.png

7QfUSV7.png

Marth seizes turn 10.

LdzEVqR.pngvOKgDdU.pngUchTzhS.png

Must resist urge to murder them all...

qEkKbzL.png

I ain't afraid of no Dragons!

QIRS50h.png

This is dirt cheap, but why such an odd number? 590 just seems...weird.

xRWVGHZ.png

Great, Gaiden time.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL

Marth      Lord        15.53       35    15    00    18    18    18    12    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/05.75     44    25    02    17    22    12    13    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Hunter      17.09       30    17    00    15    20    08    08    00       C BOW (D SWORD D LANCE)
Ogma       Hunter      16.18       36    18    00    17    19    11    10    00       D BOW (C SWORD)
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/09.49     33    19    01    20    20    09    19    03       A LANCE D AXE (B SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/06.29     38    23    00    22    21    11    18    00       A LANCE E AXE
Caeda      D.Knight   13/03.76     33    15    00    16    23    22    17    00       B LANCE (D BOW)
Catria     P.Knight    18.06       33    15    02    19    20    16    13    00       B LANCE
Linde      Sage       18/02.66     32    03    15    18    22    20    04    10       C TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Cleric      16.56       26    00    10    05    15    20    06    11       A STAFF (D TOME)
Merric     Mage        12.02       26    00    08    08    12    08    08    05       D TOME
Feena      Dancer      12.56       26    09    00    13    24    18    08    01       E SWORD

MU nearly has C bows as a Horseman.

EDIT: Derp somehow I said Caeda almost had C Lances this map, I meant B. She has B now.

Edited by Irysa

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 10 is so much more deep when you have played it on lower difficulties than Lunatic, considering the theme of the story

Either way spoiler for next chapter

Its actually Infinite Reinforcement, so you need to rush it

I've actually already done the chapter and messed around with it before you guys posted. But, I'm deliberating over whether or not I want to have Merric use a Heal Staff instead of killing a Roro, or just promote and heal + so he can build staff rank AND blick Wyverns in Chapter 11. I don't really know exactly how much time he will really have to build staff rank if I decide to give him a decent amount of levels before promotion.

One of the problems is that Draug/Ogma probably want to be promoted soon and I only have 2 Master Seals. Malicia would appreciate 6 move as well. Blegh.

Edited by Irysa

you got exactly 3 promotion item in the next 3 chapters, which means Draug + Ogma can get those two, Catria is entitled to the one on CH11, and Malicia/Merric can get the one on next two chapters. i think building staff ranks basically depends on how long you are going to spend on the next few chapters although 11 - 13 might not exactly a good chapter for staff spam until its later stages thanks to how much they spam those flying sausage on wings

Eeeeeither way, Chapter 11 has a really evil trap that only work against idiots, which I happen to got hit with. Lets see how you deal with it lol

Edited by Anti-Fun

Screw it. I play slow enough that I'm sure Merric can get a decent staff rank before the endgame if I delay his promotion for a few chapters.

Chapter 10 is so much more deep when you have played it on lower difficulties than Lunatic, considering the theme of the story

idk, I don't really see how playing it on Lunatic changes that.

This chapter: Various 1 turns are possible from what I could see although I'm not exactly sure how you figure out which is the real one other than just restarting until it coincides with your deployment. I'm not so bothered about a 1 turn though so I went for a 2 turn to get some more exp around my team. Turn 3 generally results in someone dying because reinforcements mess up turn orders.

I can make the strat more reliable by reclassing Sirius to Swordmaster instead of Paladin so that he doubles, but I'm trying to build sword rank for an A swords Pally and he doesn't build weapon rank for using swords at A rank in SM. Alas, if I had access to Hero then he'd be able to build rank and do it more reliably, but no mixed. There's the other option of using a speed bond + scorpio to let him double but screw that <_<

Obviously SM!Palla could do it too, or hell, Hero!Ogma (lol even fucking Shard Marth), but Sirius desperately wants boss kills to stay relevant, and the net exp loss for Sirius taking a boss kill is miniscule compared to promoted enemies (its like 1/10th loss vs 1/2)

The miss on Sirius is not neccessary since Linde heals him on turn 2. The Tauros Shard on MU prevents him being KO'd in case the Hammer Roro on the left attacks from the square to the left instead of above him, which would allow the Devil Axe Roro to kill him.

[spoiler=10x (dialogue stuff)]

ledCBMf.png

Smmmoooookin'

Ba4X9zx.pngPPT8LRi.png

Get in the queue, I think Linde wants in first.

SpxcMmw.pngtqnSYze.pngyxEZggP.png

NSItMVx.pngLT5zZIB.pngD3b42KD.png

Hurr conflicting base convos on the same chapter. Make up your mind Malicia.

0SI2AgR.pngXuTuu5x.png

Well these two definitely paid off their recruitment cost with what they came with.

See video for actual chapter.

cfKU3Pa.pngZpAvZPn.pngYR07QFx.png

Don't worry Marth, I'm sure MU will be the one to fill her dark soul with LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

2aLxm5g.pnglTeLx6r.pngS2dRNTI.png

e0tOnYr.pngBoi2x7i.pngdMnccwp.png

4xbwYUl.pngSlXhAcQ.png7pO9HiW.png

9WxO3uL.png7uAo29K.pngqPnvXum.png

DSnJRvB.png

p3pPoWn.pngB5KjxaS.png

I wanna be the Sirius.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL

Marth      Lord        15.84       35    15    00    18    18    18    12    01       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/06.07     45    26    02    18    23    13    14    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Hunter      17.09       30    17    00    15    20    08    08    00       C BOW (D SWORD D LANCE)
Ogma       Hunter      16.78       36    18    00    17    19    11    10    00       D BOW (C SWORD)
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/10.16     34    20    01    21    21    10    20    03       A LANCE D AXE (B SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/06.29     38    23    00    22    21    11    18    03       A LANCE E AXE
Caeda      D.Knight   13/03.76     33    15    00    16    23    22    17    04       B LANCE (D BOW)
Catria     P.Knight    18.06       33    15    02    19    20    16    13    09       B LANCE
Linde      Sage       18/02.74     32    03    15    18    22    20    04    10       C TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Cleric      16.56       26    00    10    05    15    20    06    11       A STAFF (D TOME)
Merric     Mage        12.45       26    00    08    08    12    08    08    05       D TOME
Feena      Dancer      12.84       26    09    00    13    24    18    08    01       E SWORD

Draug is getting promoted to Warrior next chapter, whilst Ogma will too after getting drilled once to get his final tier 1 level. If he uses a sword one more time he has B Swords as a Hero, which means he could be arms scrolled to A which results in B-and-a-half swords as a Horseman.

Edited by Irysa

I have spent the last umpteen turns slowly trying to figure out how to pull the wyverns out of the boss area. I'm getting scared. :(

2YlQbaW.png

I do have a save at least

EDIT: Well I pulled the top, Praise Cancer Palla

EDIT2: GREAT SUCCESS (by accident)

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

C8jlHOY.pngjlw9mu0.png

Hmm, if I remember correctly, Gotoh teleported us to Thabes in the last war so we could fight Gharnef right?

eN9rMjp.pngJUPSzHh.png

Draug promotes and prompty reclasses to Warrior because Horseman can only move 1 tile in deserts (WHY DO PALLIES GET 3? WTF BALANCE)

oAM0d7K.pngjWwdOMv.pngF9erl6t.png

Ogma drills and does the same. Fun fact I discovered today, you can take a 1 use weapon to the drill ground and it extends itself for the duration of your first fight. Weapon uses outta thin air, heh.

O0pFe3I.png6kSttiE.png

Do they REALLY expect you to be stupid enough to deploy Cavalry and Generals in the desert? <_<

2gMR834.png

Wow fuck these guys. Palla just about dodges being critblicked.

aPH5wVc.png

Caeda went sniper again. Catria didn't get deployed because I can't be bothered to baby her any more levels in an enviroment like this.

D3krwxY.pngfybokWP.png64dXSH5.png

4wVGceW.pngzzSUImo.pngJ2uafQb.png

XfZCJX8.pnguREku1Z.pnglzKwyRu.png

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

*retches*

Also I dunno about you, but I'd rather be a badass like Anri and have put all my stats into things that aren't Charisma so I could solo maps!

Q87XEhB.png

Turn 1 position has Merric pull and blick a Wyvern, Sirius and MU chip another two. Sirius got the Spirit Dust.

6ApQ377.pnguwSe84U.png

Yeaaaaah Merric.

hZ4iOkE.pngC9nMIxb.png

Merric kills the Wyvern Sirius pulled and gets double topped off by Linde and Malicia. Marth takes the north Wyvern.

xN3YdqH.png

Marth finally stopped having even skl spd lck :(

On the other hand, 2 res procs, holy shit.

fRxJHTH.png7a2ZtRt.png

Caeda and Sirius will grab another 2 Wyverns on the left, Palla gets one on the right. MU will put those bandits in their place.

STRxq0a.png

1 more speed to capped sniper speed!

RzwGqvY.png

Oh snap these guys moved up when I wasn't in range.

pcbxXNs.pngCTVkUrW.png

EKUSUKARIBAAAA

XuzXfPh.png

Sirius moves back, gets healed, and danced to pull the non Killer Axe Bandit. He ORKOs with his Iron Axe.

rjccNyo.png

Up here, Ogma blicked a Wyvern, Palla goes to pull a third one. MU bowkilled the other bandit and will get the Hunter on EP.

1Ur3cx8.pngd6cmh6f.png

Linde forgot how to proc mag after promotion. :(

JaW28MM.png

Crits in this mode are only ever unwelcome or useless, I swear to god. Caeda killed the Hunter.

Lh3487D.png

I'm so glad desert items aren't random in this game. Merric can blick another Wyvern here.

tkhvnPV.png

Draug blicked a Wyvern, MU got healed and will pull another. Palla saves, we're making good progress.

JuMh0ZT.png

Now these guys started moving...I bet they're on some stupid pull table with Wyverns all over the map.

CnhcQAP.pngfid9Uop.png

Blick. Isn't it nice I get another Killer Bow this chapter from Jake though?

Osz2ABT.png

Healed Palla who went to pull some Bandits.

zvDGNRO.png

Marth is actually doing some pulling too for once.

yETNpj1.png

FUCK, why did this guy move D:

2KTTNGZ.png

I'm also an idiot because I didn't realise the other Bandit had a hand axe. Oops. Luckily Malicia didn't get oneshot.

cWINHIc.png2xO5rye.pngDIXuoiE.png

The Wyvern aggroging isn't that big a deal in the end though since I manage to get everyone into a safe position and Merric just blicks him EP. Linde has to heal people twice though.

fsSPgGg.pngIavTPRm.pngHxfVHKy.png

Work that mag growth all you can before you promote!

cgWVHNk.png

Now pretty much all the enemies on the bottom half of the map are cleared out.

7qA8MaL.png

Popped the other save with Sirius. Grabbed some desert items with Palla and Sirius on subsequent turns.

qz1qySJ.png

Great, these guys don't want to come out of their corner >:(

rOf3wWz.pngQPlAJ6O.png

Apparently Jake is non aggressive. I visisted Anna first!

I bought a Wyrmslayer, Ridersbane, Dragonpike and a Poleaxe.

IifkS9C.pngjKKxtCu.pngwRe089a.png

Just a tiny bit.

iTmSaRe.png

Stupid Wyverns don't want to come out. I guess I need to start trying to pull other enemies.

XweSeM8.pnghUCoiad.pngIble7eG.png

Palla facetanks a Swordmaster. She can just barely survive a crit. Draug draws the attention of the Wyvern with his crappy defence, then blicks it next turn.

sG2HdOQ.png

Caeda kills the swordmaster and I tradeswap Palla a vulnerary so I don't have to use a Physic to heal her.

0UbNFmE.png

If only we had a someone in a green tunic so I could make a terrible joke.

tuJcJcN.png

That hurts.

vLbq4Nu.pngK0ksISH.png

Now only Sirius hasn't procced res in the airforce, what a chump.

lvqaUei.png

These stupid Wyverns still aren't pulling.

XXBB3UK.png

Fuck it, balls deep, we're popping saves.

5oG8QbU.png

Because Sirius needs to do the dumbest thing ever, ORKO a Killer Bow Hunter at 2 range!

9yVawbH.png

Well, that went about as well as expected.

TGvWbv3.png

When it works out I get Palla to ORKO the Killer Axe guy at 2 range.

n8a0UNs.png

THEY STILL WON'T AGGRO

qOWcRkU.pngJfbbBFH.png

I'm out of ideas so I just killed the last bandit and started running Merric round the other side to experiment with something, but the Wyverns finally start attacking!

Wtf is the trigger? Killing the bandit? Good thing I was smart enough to leave Malicia standing way outside this whole time.

GWfENGb.png

Linde still had Shaver equipped too so she hit pretty hard.

5JdLzpv.png

Caeda + Palla = Dead Swordmaster.

VwxMPjl.png3TvucnH.png

:facepalm:

Is she the new Lena this run?

U76w9br.pngKKzOeeW.png

MERRIC > LINDE ON ALL TIERLISTS.

aCXKD2P.png

And that's it for everything aside from the boss.

vwkwdeE.pngRwDSm5w.png

Oops. Caeda crit. I wanted to feed this kill to Sirius.

Kg4ci9e.png

BUT WHO CARES WHEN SHE GETS STR AGAIN, FUCK YEAH. (ps, sniper speed cap.)

YbBUmmR.png

Marth seizes turn 22. (Palla and Sirius grabbed any remaining items first ofc)

ZNi0Me8.pngxthNPLE.pngW5g9CgW.png

zJdv3D9.pngziBFEVi.pngT7kNhBp.png

IT'S A TRAP.

3A2kW5b.png

I'm just not as cool as Sirius is with his :(

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

Marth      Lord        16.89       36    15    00    19    18    19    12    02       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/06.80     45    26    02    18    23    13    14    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/02.08     33    17    01    17    23    09    11    03       D SWORD C BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/02.15     40    19    01    21    22    13    13    03       C SWORD C BOW
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/10.75     34    20    01    21    21    10    20    03       A LANCE D AXE (B SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/07.62     39    24    00    23    21    11    18    04       A LANCE E AXE
Catria     F.Knight   18/01.00     37    17    03    21    26    16    15    12       A LANCE E SWORD
Caeda      Sniper     13/05.65     39    15    00    21    29    24    14    04       C BOW (B LANCE)
Linde      Sage       18/04.28     32    03    15    19    23    21    04    11       C TOME B STAFF
Malicia    Cleric      17.86       27    00    10    06    16    20    06    12       A STAFF (D TOME)
Merric     Mage        16.15       30    00    11    11    15    12    08    06       C TOME
Feena      Dancer      15.21       28    11    00    16    25    21    08    01       E SWORD

MU has C Bows as a Horseman. Draug is technically 1 sword attack from D swords. Oops. Draug is also very close to B Bows as a Horseman. Ogma is 1 attack from B swords as a Hero. Caeda is also close to B Bows.

I have no idea who to give the statboosters to. I guess Catria or Caeda probably want Energy Drops? Nobody really needs a speedwing yet, but Marth might for endgame (unlikely, he's been proccing speed like a champ). Draco to Palla? Maybe the robe too.

Edited by Irysa

CH.10 in non Luna mode gave Silver Card if you did not kill the priest. In Lunatic, it gave a freaking Vulnerary. I think its kinda interesting how the hardest mode forces you to abandon the idea of being nice, but eh

Anyway gj on CH.11. Surprised you did not forgot to store the secret card

Yeah! Palla owns. I think it's also cool that this chapter has both a Dracoshield and Robe on it so even if you somehow don't meet benchmarks to tank the SMs you should be able to get somebody up there with those, so it's not a run killer.

Also, can somebody tell me what the trigger is for the last bunch of enemies/wyverns? Killing that bandit? It happened by fluke to me so I don't know if it's a particular tile or what.

CH.10 in non Luna mode gave Silver Card if you did not kill the priest. In Lunatic, it gave a freaking Vulnerary. I think its kinda interesting how the hardest mode forces you to abandon the idea of being nice, but eh

Anyway gj on CH.11. Surprised you did not forgot to store the secret card

Yeah I am aware of that. But I chose not to kill them anyway! If I wanted to abandon my standards then I'd be killing people like Elrean, Astram, etc instead of recruiting them. I don't think the level of difficulty really changes my attitude towards the story or how I behave playing the game. (that being said I can still hit them a bit as long as they don't die right? :V)

Edited by Irysa

I didn't know there was a weapon exp gain cap, probably because I've never turtled enough to find out. Good find. I knew there was exp decay, found it in my H4 playthrough.

You can find out who the real Roro from the prep screen by Viewing Map, moving the cursor to one of the Bottom Roros and changing enemies until the cursor lands on one of the top 3 Roros. The first one it lands on is the real Roro.

C11's trap seems to trigger with the left Swordmaster being in range of someone. Not even being in range of the left Hunter only pulls them. As I've had Minerva park in range of the Hunter and next turn get the Elysian Whip. I'd have to check a bit again because im not 100% certain, that trap is Lunatic exclusive (Maniac has it too but it seems different) and I haven't tested it enough. Usually LTC skips the trap completely in it's 5 turn.

I'd recommend:

4E.PNG: one to Catria one to Caeda

55.PNG53.PNG: Palla

4F.PNG: Linde/Merric (probably Linde)

50.PNG: Draug or sold

51.PNG: you've rigged enough that no one even needs it o.O though I suppose you should give it to Palla to cap her spd because yes and it would allow her to double Fire Dragons. I forget if she has 22 spd or 21, if she has 22 then give it to her after reclassing to Pally. Also if she has 22 she doubles Fire Dragons already.

Goddess Icon: Draug or save it for Devil sword! Catria. Palla could use it well too in Iceland, but sometimes having a 2% crit lightning rod is good. Arms Scroll: you're not LTC'ing so your weapon levels are super inflated, so i dont even know. Usually it goes to Horsemen.

Edited by PKL

Basically like this

HDurtCk.png

The requirement for the group aggro is 2 or more unit have a target to attack. Altho theres a mistake with this one. The Bandit on top of the Hunter in the middle is grouped with the SM/Hunter/2 Wyvern group

Edited by Anti-Fun

That's proven wrong by the fact that I've parked Minerva very close to the Hunter+Wyvern and nothing happened though. It has to be related to the swordmaster. Guess I should rush my playthrough and test it thoroughly. Or Irysa could test with the map save.

Edited by PKL

I wasn't even in range of the swordmaster when they all activated though. The SM didn't get to hit anything on the turn he started moving, I just killed the bandit at 2 range with Caeda and MU.

Also, I'm sorry about rigging growths but when everyone says IF YOU GET RNG SCREWED IT CAN KILL YOUR RUN and even dondon says the game is growth dependant I get scared okay :( (plus nobody except Ogma is more ahead of their averages than a rainbow pot would put them at hyuk)

I'm definitely going to replay the game with male class sets unlocked so I can experiment some more there without religiously resetting the start of maps and savepoints until people proc 4 stats or better consistently (I have zero regrets on making Catria cap speed in every tier 1 class to get instant 26 speed to falcoknight though lol)

I might actually just do a no MU run next though, and try to skip all the dialogue that involves them because my god the amount of shittly insersted MU hero worship int his game really brings the script down.

Edited by Irysa

It's growth dependent in that there aren't any great lategame prepromotes, so if all of your units get screwed on your averages it can get pretty nasty.

Also: the MU shit only gets worse and more awkwardly crammed in from here.

I might finish chapter 11 soon but

rnfSpQa.pngj7ZWtAu.png

For fucks sake, I thought these reinforcements would be the same as the ones out the bottom. :|

I think I can still salvage this from the battle save though if I get Ogma to give her Nosferatu and rig a crit with Catria though <_<

Plan B, Linde Physics at a safe range and pulls one but not the other Wyvern so I don't have to do either of that.

Edited by Irysa

This map was so much more annoying than the previous one. And these have to be some of the worst hitrates I've seen in the game so far. I should have forged a +hit Dragonpike, the hitrates on the boss were pretty gross and I hadn't saved in a long time.

I distributed some boosters, mostly to PKL's suggestions. Catria and Caeda got a drop each, Palla capped her DK speed with a wing, and took a Draco + Robe for tank power. Items like the second robe, the dust and skill books can kind of afford to linger around until I get a better feel for if I need to use them or not.

[spoiler=Chapter 12]

Zlne0si.pngLFIp2Vj.png

A desert is one thing, but a volcano? How is Jagen not dead yet?

5FqYTOp.png

What the hell is an ex-pirate doing in the middle of a Dragon Graveyard?

XEwKYFI.png

24 speed would be scary BUT...

j7CBQtL.png

Capped speed Scorpio Falcoknight!Catria ORKOs! (assuming she hits twice)

3lVgjBY.png

Please no, otherwise the plot's going to pretend MU had Marth's kids for him too.

WEvmGu1.pngDBaq3wc.pngwMTqlrK.png

NvFoueV.pngdF7iVdU.pngtB0BJPl.png

yINneUZ.pngZ90ogxb.pngcFzoqDx.png

I actually quite enjoyed this one. MU made a somewhat amusing comment for once in his life.

(PS, Merric is literally King Arthur)

ZIPdUcb.png

Malicia didn't find a deployment slot because I need to start working on Merric's staff rank.

ZdaCfm9.png

MU and Draug with Merric healing will deal with the Dragons and Reinforcements from the bottom of the map.

8Ohpo1d.pngV0Uaar2.pngfKUY7FR.png

I do some Leopassing and have Ogma chip to let Marth take a kill, before Caeda chips another Fire Dragon for Catria.

AvHGUds.pngC0l0vbM.pngOv5FXhk.png

Palla is danced to this tile to pull Wyverns. She can tank 2 Wyverns and 1 fire Dragon with her new Boosters, Tauros and Cancer. Scorpio lets her double Wyverns too thanks to the speedwing from before.

QGcCv6S.pngldKMyy1.png

Sirius is still trying to build sword rank as a Paladin. Ogma has to be physic'd otherwise he'd die to a Bandit on EP.

k4n1AS6.pngLw64dCa.png

Palla could have pulled a second Fire Dragon this turn if I gave her a second robe but I decided against it.

z1NFRdy.pngLcbDhZz.pngiPG9syt.png

I'm also trying to build Catria's Sword Rank when possible, which should be pretty feasible given the game threw 2 more Lady Swords at me. Caeda and Catria both took Wyverns and leveled up.

vt0u3pS.png5zjYRma.pngFg0CrtK.png

Sirius killed a Bandit (they give fuck all exp anyway so it's not a waste). Linde healed Ogma, who then killed the Fire Dragon. Then she dance Physic'd Palla, who got the 3rd Wyvern.

3lmnrc6.pngVSRur3y.png

MU blocks 1 fort to make the reinforcements here more managable. Palla pulls another Fire Dragon. Most of the enemies on the top center of the map started moving down.

lv64NI0.png

Draug hits B bows, which is convenient since he needs to use silver to safely finish off the Dragon MU chipped on EP.

qnPZubk.pngVIs0ctH.png10VbZVd.png

This is the game finally saying "screw you" after I rigged growths from Prologue till CH8 lol. Oh well, I can let a few bad ones go, I'm above average as it is. Ogma's is from the Dragon Palla pulled. Linde has been liberally healing to top people off here and there.

E5L5v35.png

Haha, Darros.

Marth and Sirius wall off Ogma.

JyCrSnZ.pngtw3fjdg.png

uubEeeq.pngTQCgqtJ.png

GBAJHn7.pngnaht0x4.png

I'd passed Scorpio to Caeda the previous turn from Palla so she could chip the SM for Marth after he recruits Darros. Apparently crazy bandits who tame dragons in a volcano were the only possible job he could apply for.

3l9woZo.png

Make yourself useful before you get benched and save!

WLNt9zr.png

Shard Palla can actually ORKO with just steels, she's so awesome.

21qPOKU.png

This might be the only time Sirius hasn't procced at least 4 stats on a level up, heh.

Yc0kQhM.png3npa1C4.pngAZTTr8L.png

Ogma dance killed the Devil Axe bandit. Linde remembers how to proc mag!

nKwuCdx.png

Catria crits, although in the long run it doesn't matter because...

jSksCpr.png

I thought it would be Fire Dragon x 2 and Bandit again, but there are WYVERN reinforcements. asdf

vugaYN7.png

Dead Linde is dead. That would be a dead Catria if it wasn't a dead Linde too. <_<

I went back to the save point and slightly modified what I did. (sirius got the exact same level up)

gMtczg9.pngs6jfFAv.png5ML3nm2.png

Ogma has to land a Killer Bow crit this time, then gets danced to block the wyvern that spawns on the right from attacking Linde. Linde will move up and Physic Catria after she kills the Fire Dragon. The Wyvern on the left can reach Linde and barely misses a KO, whilst the second one will just opt to attack Ogma instead since it can't reach due to his bodyblock.

NgSiyrW.png

Pffft, of course.

FlZHFWc.png

She's not OHKO'd see?

iM7mRK1.png

Lady Sword Catria still trucking along.

GqTWeH5.png

Pfffthahahaha

ddxcYuo.png

Palla so tonky

nuD7Qr1.png

Draug actually hits D swords. I don't know if I can be bothered trying to get him to C swords as a Hero so he could get scrolled to have decent Sword Rank as a Horseman, or if getting him immediate Partha has more net benefit.

DgoFRMW.pngaeaPZrC.png4OUa85Y.png

Save because we're done with the worst now. Time for Merric to start grinding staff rank!

cdKg8Sn.png

Some turns later...Palla is safe from 2 Dragons, whilst theoretically Caeda and Catria pull seperate Wyverns.

JGZ6QFK.png

Of course the Ai just doesn't want to cooperate.

fRBiVGs.png

Man, whatever, screw you.

cgObDMi.pngXc5qTQb.png

I think I pissed them off.

lm5ORr4.png

Jackpot.

eD4Jc1p.png48kVW8f.png

:|

NkTrtfX.png

MU crit when I wanted to feed this to Draug. I guess I should kind of expect that given he's a Berserker.

XQtCLPx.png

IIRC, that's the last shard.

lTIgTvx.png

Given I got ruined by the surprise reinforcements on turn 4, I took the liberty of checking WoD this time around. If anyone moves through this tile on the bridge then enemy reinforcements start up from literally fucking everywhere. Luckily, Boots Marth with a dance from Feena has exactly enough mov to run from here to the throne in 1 turn. Palla and Caeda can ORKO 2 Fire Dragons in the way and Catria gets the boss.

pODCQ0l.pngzhJ9aTr.png

Now ain't that convenient? D staves, level up, and he'll get promoted with the master seal from the boss for the next chapter.

ocjgnoU.png

These guys still don't want to aggro, which is fine by me.

qz6ZIdY.png

PHASE ONE, COMPLETE

XoLrn4e.png

PHASE TWO, COMPLETE

9OhStEv.pngs409yKp.png

PHASE THREE, COMPLETE (I shamelessly savestated just in case since her hitrate was like, 60 something, it was FE6 tier. The last battle save was ages ago too. Catria decided to crit however)

CwkVwzl.png

Marth seizes turn 16.

gA4Es4z.png

The fact Jagen is still alive after all this is testament to just how much of a fucking badass he really is.

Jhj2NfJ.png

What even triggers this? Is it your total kills for the map?

kICbTLe.png

"Belf" has to be one of the worst FE names I've heard if only because I get instant WoW associations. :\

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        17.83       37    16    00    19    19    20    13    02       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/07.79     47    26    02    18    24    13    14    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/03.84     34    17    01    17    24    09    11    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/04.17     42    20    01    22    22    13    13    03       C SWORD C BOW
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/11.19     35    21    01    22    21    10    20    03       A LANCE D AXE (B SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/09.44     47    24    00    25    23    12    21    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/05.36     41    21    03    24    26    19    16    13       A LANCE E SWORD           DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/06.80     40    17    00    22    29    25    15    04       C BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/05.19     33    03    16    20    24    22    04    11       C TOME B STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/01.00     38    00    14    14    17    13    09    09       C TOME D STAFF
Malicia    Cleric      17.86       27    00    10    06    16    20    06    12       A STAFF (D TOME)
Feena      Dancer      17.03       29    12    00    17    25    23    08    01       E SWORD
Edited by Irysa

Darros isn't instabench material :(. He's got some decent bases, speaking of, Belf and Leiden also have decent bases.

EDIT: I love bad levels.

Edited by PKL

I lost my entire post to a backspace yesterday so I gave up and went to sleep before I rewrote the whole thing out today.

[spoiler=Chapter 13]

5IJ88Fp.pngRCBrQyW.png

Tch, 5000 isn't even in the top 100 of highest mountains in the world. Man up!

qTe1vQv.png

I must hoard all of the gold Jagen, sorry.

w8CUolB.pngrCSyMUq.pngEF5mX5J.png

ezSRX35.pngKMoM0IC.pngf22Vn77.png

Cug2kAY.pngR3drnZB.png12lK9Ud.png

bKxlkRF.pngz6lZS2K.pngFzhdu5B.png

Considering how ridiculous MU's str is, I buy it!

jelCB00.png

Merric promotes. He'll be spamming a lot of heals this map to attempt to get to C staves.

wvFMzOV.png

Caeda went sniper because she's nearly at B bows. Catria and Palla went Paladin because I already checked reinforcement data for this map, so I know I won't need to complete the map fast with fliers. Sorry about that, but screw getting caught by 12 mov, 1-2 range flying enemies that can gang up on people >_>

They both also might proc speed on this map, and Catria might appreciate being speed capped in Paladin over Falcoknight at some point in her life.

tArpYYD.png

That still doesn't explain why Xane can morph into anyone. And why the hell would you throw them away anyway?

f4gRlcC.pngPYXeRAM.pngE4ii7dF.png

Left side, Caeda chips a bandit who Sirius kills (I'm still banking on him getting to A swords in Paladin). MU chips a Dragon, which Palla finishes off. Linde heals MU, and she will draw a tomahawk bandit on EP and kill him. Caeda damage wise would draw the Dark Mage but her Avo is so ridiculously high that he goes for Sirius instead. Derp.

mMDGXff.pngUu9RWPG.pngsXIgH7L.png

Right, Ogma ORKOs a dragon with Wyrmslayer, Merric heals, Draug chips a Bandit for Marth, who levels up.

KAJUEUB.pngIIvhqwa.pngm0Ih7fx.png

Palla gets the Dark Mage, Draug is danced to lure the Tomahawk Bandit. He could have ORKO'd with Thief with Scorpio but since the Thief has to stop to open the chest anyway, and I can kill him for the drop, I let it slide for the convenience here.

GjsAZ6z.png

Meep Meep.

MYeNCqX.pngl7PQP32.png

EP plays out like I said.

K9c80qt.pngoBZIdhl.png

Merric takes the bandit kill, then heals Palla who goes to lure the Wyverns.

x393tsr.pngqbkLIMV.png

Caeda and Sirius get the Levin Sword Thief. Speed capped Caeda is a sad Caeda :(

N4oTpkE.pngXKolK4x.png

Catria is very quickly catching up to Palla. Somehow her defence is nearly at Palla's without a Dracoshield

hjT8w8s.png

Linde heals, MU goes to lure the Wyverns to make sure they don't fly into an odd position (such as in range of the Ice Dragons)

of0RilO.pngN3ixySb.pngK4Njkf8.png

According to my calculations, MU would need a str cap of 87 in order to complete Draug's legendary technique training.

If 26 sufficed for 3 men, then 26 * 3 = 78. 26 / 3 = 8.666... for one, round it to 9 and add them together for 87. It seems legends truly are impossible :(

phIWtUT.png

Palla somehow missed a 84 disp hit with her Javelin...

8fg39gI.pngTQK3X4g.png

I was going to let Draug take this but I decided to let Merric because FAVOURITISM.

TxPPseV.png

Draug takes one Wyvern whilst Marth and Ogma team up for the second.

krmBg6g.png

Yessss Ogma's crap levels have ceased

k0QhBfn.png

Catria got the third Wyvern whilst Linde takes the final one.

zGQ8ZPp.png

Nooooo Linde's reinherited crap levels :(

1LsdTCs.png49v6XfZ.pngjgs6HMt.png

I should note that I have taken utmost care to make sure all my chippers or lurers of Ice Dragons have 0 disp crit, since these guys have ridiculously high skill. Caeda is obviously a great candidate due to her super high luck, but Ogma with Libra works fine too.

6SpxEzB.png

Catria's promotion was like taking off her power level inhibitor, there are simply no brakes on the pain train anymore!

EyGpPmy.png

"Meh"ric. (I still like him)

zgqgwhV.pnglnILscU.png

Libra Ogma stepping up to the challenge again. I could have rigged levels with this save point but I'm not doing that anymore since I've done it for long enough.

1zsfh3Z.png5ypHAGg.pngZqPSfz8.png

Ogma lures, Marth chips and Draug takes the Dargon. Keep it up, we're fast approaching the highest speed cap in the game!

Hy21Qtn.png

Linde hit A staves so I decided to be a huge idiot and not let her heal anyone else this map so Merric has more targets to spam on.

IOZESpN.png

Another convenience of knowing the middle island guys don't aggro until you cross the bridge.

TK63gTR.pngMItORme.png

I took a while setting this up because I was trying to make sure Catria would be able to reach a Dragon (preliminary testing before the map showed activating the middle enemies activates the Dragon too).

Basically Merric lures a Tomahawk Bandit, Draug gets a Dark Mage, and Caeda gets the other one.

VLQo6cB.png

The stupid Dragon moved more South than West so I get punished for not deploying Falcoknight Catria. Scorpio Marth finished off the Bandit Merric pulled.

Sg1jcOU.png

Dammit Ogma, that wasn't even on killers. I wanted to feed that one to Marth.

wxXdxue.png

...okay I'm not complaining.

9zEswGz.pngvi6EL1X.pngEXPvMMc.png

Marth gets this one instead. This is the first time he hasn't proc'd HP ever. Danced for the chest.

WTMonIa.pngmSGFnD0.png

Merric is still spamming heals non stop whilst I slowly move around the spiral to the boss. Marth has to recruit Beck anyway so I don't have anything better to do. Caeda pulls another Ice Dragon.

Actually, why exactly DOES the Sage mag growth have to go DOWN from mage? Like, why couldn't they have just split the Sage/Bishop growths so that the growth total wasn't modified because of the res stat increase?

m7FgtaJ.pngfurU6rZ.pngflaNvZ8.png

I can't tell if Marth is being super naive or not, because Beck does seem the type to kind of absentmindedly wander, but still, THIS FAR from civilisation? >_>

hHGwUTt.png

I convoy pass him the VIP card. Hey, maybe Beck's got a secret affair going on with Anna guys, he was right next to the secret shop after all! Or at least, one of the Anna's. Who knows. Maybe she has a thing for men who can shoot things a long way, hyuk hyuk.

I bought 2 Physic staves.

cMvdN5T.pngUXKU0Qy.png

Sirius chip (actually kind of unsafe but w/e I really want that sword wexp), Draug KOs. There's a reason Doga spelt backwards is A God!

KZnyx3g.png

C Staves as a Sage, yay.

dTCCmrJ.png

I spent quite a while setting everyone up, but I save with Beck before I rush the center. Marth has to seize the turn I kill everything in there or REINFORCEMENTS.

QZG08nh.pngEAZteiU.pngkIHkIwD.png

Mages chip. Caeda hits B bows, whilst she and Sirius kill mages. MU gets a Dragon.

eoyBomA.pngtmMyU7G.png

Palla says Catria ain't overtaking her yet.

XVb2rU8.png

Draug and Ogma chip the boss so Catria doesn't have to use up a Dragonpike. Catria kills the boss. I debated about letting Sirius take it but I think Catria's definitely going to be a bigger contributer from now on.

3AvrxOr.png

Marth seizes turn 21 (lol). At least I grinded a lot of staff rank for Merric.

l293H2C.pngArtJwIU.png1Y8Y8bW.png4js7lxJ.png

Gotoh is an idiot. Marth had the Fire Emblem the whole last war, and even met him. And yeah I know the Emblem is the Shield, come on, it's in the game intro sequence.

50pnNjZ.png

Not this shit again. Seriously, can you pick worse places to insert Gaidens? Yes, lets have a random filler chapter right after we reach our destination that we have been trecking to for ages, right when we're about to meet Gotoh! Lets leave the Ice Shrine and go investigate something that we have no clue about!

OJb2wI4.png

I was so tired when I was playing this initially that it took me 3 rereads to realise Jagen wasn't talking about the elderly, and was using a phrase. :facepalm:

UIcO1z3.pngk5fbKlc.png

For stat clarity sake, next chapter I drilled Malicia then promoted her with the master seal I got off the boss.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

ACTIVE

UNIT       CLASS       LEVEL       HP    ST    MG    SK    SP    LK    DF    RS       WPNLVL                    BOOSTER

Marth      Lord        19.20       38    18    00    20    20    21    14    02       C SWORD
Irysa      Berserker  12/08.54     48    27    02    18    24    14    14    00       A AXE (D BOW)
Draug      Horseman   17/06.12     37    19    01    19    27    10    12    03       D SWORD B BOW (D LANCE)
Ogma       Horseman   17/06.20     44    22    01    24    24    14    13    03       C SWORD C BOW
Sirius     D.Knight   ??/11.64     35    21    01    22    21    10    20    03       A LANCE D AXE (B SWORD)
Palla      D.Knight   16/10.28     47    25    01    26    23    12    22    05       A LANCE E AXE             ROBE, SHIELD, WING
Catria     F.Knight   18/07.96     43    22    03    26    26    21    17    13       A LANCE E SWORD           DROP
Caeda      Sniper     13/07.59     40    17    01    23    29    26    15    04       B BOW (B LANCE)           DROP
Linde      Sage       18/06.37     33    03    16    21    24    22    04    11       C TOME A STAFF
Merric     Sage       18/03.76     40    03    14    15    18    14    09    10       C TOME C STAFF
Malicia    Sage       18/01.00     33    03    15    07    17    20    09    10       C TOME A STAFF
Feena      Dancer      19.63       30    14    00    19    25    25    09    01       E SWORD

Marth nearly has B Swords. Sirius might need boosters to keep up with everyone else. Malicia is better at nosferatanking than Linde I think atm because of her bulk lol. I guess I could just chuck another robe onto Linde if it ever seems like something I could do.

Edited by Irysa