If Fe5 were remade.. Now including fe4 discussion

Jedi

...I don't quite think so since Eyvrios is likely to be intended as replacement for Olwen because the game expects you to sacrifice her in order to lure out Kempf. The dialogue at the beginning and during the talk with Kempf heavily suggests that Olwen is supposed to face certain death.

Particular this line: "Lord Leaf, my part is done... I wish you luck..."

So I would say that the map merely needs to be redesigned so that talking with Kempf doesn't require a Warp Staff because as it is now you can just warp someone behind Kempf and have them take out the Ballista, rendering Kempf helpless.)

And the game needs to draw a connection between Olwen, Eyvrios and Karin since as it is now, the recruitment process makes no logical sense and is near impossible to figure out on your own.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess.

One more thing: make it so you can recruit Eriyos without killing Olwen. Seriously, that's bullsh**.

I agree with that. Matter of fact I haven't ever got Eriyos due to that, same with Shadow Dragons gaidens

...I don't quite think so since Eyvrios is likely to be intended as replacement for Olwen because the game expects you to sacrifice her in order to lure out Kempf. The dialogue at the beginning and during the talk with Kempf heavily suggests that Olwen is supposed to face certain death.

Particular this line: "Lord Leaf, my part is done... I wish you luck..."

So I would say that the map merely needs to be redesigned so that talking with Kempf doesn't require a Warp Staff because as it is now you can just warp someone behind Kempf and have them take out the Ballista, rendering Kempf helpless.)

And the game needs to draw a connection between Olwen, Eyvrios and Karin since as it is now, the recruitment process makes no logical sense and is near impossible to figure out on your own.

They would still need to redesign the map so that Eryios doesn't charge you before you get the chance to talk to Kempf. And instead of having a talk trigger it, why don't they, you know, have the talk trigger when Olwen crosses Eryios' island. Maybe they could also aggro when Eryios turns his coat or, I don't know, you start attacking them? Seriously, they're trivialized by the fact that they don't attack unless you have a specific character talk to Kempf.

And yes, only Karin recruiting Eryios with no prior or future interaction is silly.

One thing I would definitely like to see is the AI not jacking your inventory the instant they catch you. And don't tell me "it's AI limitations", the AI knows full well how to trade, they have no excuse.

The game is already amazing, but if I would make changes...

1. Map formations. Not being able to set the units starting positions is the biggest flaw of the game, specially in the later indoor chapters.

2. Better character/class balance. It's already good by FE standards, but it can be much better.

3. Easier Xavier recruitment. And maybe easier way to obtain the member card.

4. Staves having a range limit like in later games, but nothing too drastic. I still want staves to feel powerful.

5. Remove some leadership stars from bosses in chapter 22.

6. Larger storage.

7. Nerf Gomes, the boss from chapter 8x.

8. Archers have 2-3 range and bows are more powerful.

9. Re-balance tomes. Wind is too light, other elements are too heavy.

10. Nerf throne/gate terrain. 10 defense is ridiculous.

11. Master axe is A rank.

12. Implement a way to escape from the trap room in chapter 24x without warps. Maybe a warp tile that sends you to the beginning?

There's probably more stuff, but that's what's coming to my head at the moment.

Edited by TFJ

9. Re-balance tomes. Wind is too light, other elements are too heavy.

Speaking of, make the Wind tome E-Rank. Seriously, it was really annoying that I had characters that could use Wind magic, but couldn't use any Wind magic because their Wind rank was E.

Also agreed on nerfing Gonzales.

Edited by shinpichu

Speaking of, make the Wind tome E-Rank. Seriously, it was really annoying that I had characters that could use Wind magic, but couldn't use any Wind magic because their Wind rank was E.

But Gonzales isn't even in this game. He's in FE4

Nope. Linoan, Bromeros and Sara are not so op, because they can't use wind. IMO that's important element which shouldn't be changed.

The only reason Wind magic is OP because the wieght for tomes is all fucked up. Balance that and no one will be OP because they can use Wind.

Agreed. Complaining that not having access to wind is to prevent being OP is just missing the forest for the trees.

But Gonzales isn't even in this game. He's in FE4

Gomes. Derp.

The only reason Wind magic is OP because the wieght for tomes is all fucked up. Balance that and no one will be OP because they can use Wind.

Bromoeros is already OP. Giving him wind makes him even more OP.

This is part of why we'd nerf wind. Not to mention a certain kid mage who snaps the game in half single handed on promotion

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

Asvel isn't OP because of the Wind tome...In fact, I never have him use one myself because it's like why bother.

Asvel isn't OP because of the Wind tome...In fact, I never have him use one myself because it's like why bother.

I was talking more about the ridiculous Sage promo gains more that time haha.

If it was remade, I'd love to see all of the unused content put back into the game. I want my holy weapons, damn it! (But knowing Thracia they would have all been used against the player)

Pls no, Thracia is hard enough without bosses with holy weapons.

If it was remade, I'd love to see all of the unused content put back into the game. I want my holy weapons, damn it! (But knowing Thracia they would have all been used against the player)

Bwhaha that would be amazing! Super Thracia 2 anyone!?

Can't believe I switched Gomes and Gonzales around... had a brainfart there.

This is part of why we'd nerf wind. Not to mention a certain kid mage who snaps the game in half single handed on promotion

Yeah, Sage promotion needs a nerf. Too good.
I'm fine with mountain thief promotion though, because Marty.

Speaking of Lord promotion, I would like to see them handling leveling and Lord promotion like Tear Ring Saga did.

In that game, Instead of resetting the level back to, the promotion will instead raise the level cap.

The levels of first tier unit Tear Ring Saga still cap at 20... except for Lords. They can go all the way up to 30 before promotion.

So that way, you can have Lord promotions be big events in the story and important for character development without forcing the Lord to spend like half the game with a capped level.

Quite frankly, I don't get why Fire Emblem keeps that level reset thing around instead of building upon FE4's leveling mechanic like Tear Ring Saga did.

Especially now that there is an item to reset the level to 1 without affecting stats. When you have infinite levels anyway, why not just raise the level cap?

Anyway, I'd say Leaf's promotion is fine. He is definitely not weak and not every Lord has to be an earth shattering warrior.

Edited by BrightBow

Anyway, I'd say Leaf's promotion is fine. He is definitely not weak and not every Lord has to be an earth shattering warrior.

While this may be true, a Lord is supposed to be a capable unit, able to fight well throughout the game, Leaf (Leif really, but who cares?) is teeth-grindingly incompetant, he has very few if any redeeming qualities and some of the lowest Lord bases in Fire Emblem history. So, please do explain how he is good.

He has a PRF 1-2 range sword that boosts his luck stat.

He's good in during the Manster arc but that's only by virtue of having your best units taken away. Being immune to fatigue is not a plus point because a player might get stuck in an unwinnable situation if he wasn't.

He's bad but he's not terrible.

This game is just good as it is. I would change only animations (they aren't bad, but they are too old for today)

In one sentence your opinions on a remake were just invalidated.

FE5 and FE4 had the BEST animations of all the fire emblem games. Fluid animations that changed dynamically based on positioning, map animations that actually attacked, etc. Calling them the worst is incredibly naive.