I'm sorry if this in the wrong section.

How much should I pay for more people to write fanfics for FE games besides FE13? Seriously, everytime I check the first page of the archive, it's just FE13 fics with maybe one or two FE1-12 fics thrown in. Am I really the only person annoyed by this?

I mean, yeah, cool, FE13. Saved the series and all that. And I am aware there's a lot of n00bs who haven't played the rest of the series. But, there's still the rest of the series that needs love too.

FE2, looking at you. Though writing for FE2 is admittedly kind of hard.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Case in point:

Turning on the FE2 filter (M rating omitted) shows you... 14 fanfics.

Turning on Jugdral? 128.

Turning on Archanea? 190 fanfics.

Elibe? 1K.

Tellius? 1.1K.

Magvel? 416.

Ylisse? 916. It's gaining on Tellius fast.

The filters aren't always accurate, but seriously, why this.

That's kind of odd; I remember the last time I seriously browsed trough the content it was swimming in Tellius fics on the first 5-10 pages. Granted, nowadays I mostly find fics to read by using character and genre filters, but the Awakening fics must've exploded in the last several months. I'm not sure about the variance of quality (most of the ones I see are just adaptation after adaptation of the story featuring someone's MU or the endless supply of Lucina x MU fics; I think those comprise 80% of Awakening fics.)

glaceon mage what are you doing at fanfiction.net

it's dangerous down there!!

I have actually been there longer than here.

That's kind of odd; I remember the last time I seriously browsed trough the content it was swimming in Tellius fics on the first 5-10 pages. Granted, nowadays I mostly find fics to read by using character and genre filters, but the Awakening fics must've exploded in the last several months. I'm not sure about the variance of quality (most of the ones I see are just adaptation after adaptation of the story featuring someone's MU or the endless supply of Lucina x MU fics; I think those comprise 80% of Awakening fics.)

Essentially half the reason it's annoying.

More like annoyed. I like both reading and writing fanwork, it's just that I've gotten a little sick of FE13 fanfics. Some are actually good, but when I'm in the mood for a FE2 fic, I can never find one.

we need more magvel fanfics

I agree. Also, FE2.

The reason you don't see as many fanfics regarding older games in the series is because those games are old, and people are probably tired of them. Not to mention Awakening also has a canon self-insert character, and players have almost complete control over which characters marry each other.