The reason you don't see as many fanfics regarding older games in the series is because those games are old, and people are probably tired of them. Not to mention Awakening also has a canon self-insert character, and players have almost complete control over which characters marry each other.

Yeah that.

...to think self-insert OCs were bad enough in the old days.

We need a "My Immortal" level Awakening fanfic.

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason you don't see as many fanfics regarding older games in the series is because those games are old, and people are probably tired of them. Not to mention Awakening also has a canon self-insert character, and players have almost complete control over which characters marry each other.

And I've gotten tired of Awakening. Sigh.

You know, sometimes I'm glad i came to learn of Fire Emblem through Melee and not through Awakening.

I agree with this.

Although it would be cooler if I had learned it through the NES or SNES games in their days, but I wasn't an internet guy back then

Going to be honest, I can agree with Glaceon on this. Despite Tellius having the most overall, in less than a year's time, Ylisse has pretty much usurped the FE section, with how frequent they appear. I'd really like to see more of Archanea

You know, sometimes I'm glad i came to learn of Fire Emblem through Melee and not through Awakening.

this also

I agree with this.

Although it would be cooler if I had learned it through the NES or SNES games in their days, but I wasn't an internet guy back then

i wasn't alive back then you don't have an excuse

Ylisse has pretty much usurped the FE section, with how frequent they appear.

Ylisse should burn.

Iris is where it's at anyway.

STOP MAKING ME FEEL OLD

You are now the Old Man's apprentice.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Exactly

This doesn't make the characters any less developed you know, the development still exists whether you choose to view it or ignore it.

"Waaah, other people aren't writing what I want them to write on fanfiction.net" is what I'm seeing, honestly.

It's fine to be annoyed if you feel that there's way too many stories about Ylisse and you can't find enough of something else you want to see. But this makes you sound so entitled. People will write what they want to write, and not everyone has played the older Japan-only games anyway.

Not to mention that I wouldn't trust the world filter data all that much anyway. Those filters were implemented before Ylisse, but after Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius, so there are a lot of stories from back when that have never been filtered. It's also natural for people to want to write about the "newest thing out", and a lot of people are still riding the Awakening hype.

I already paid $75 for the game, why should I pay even more if I want decent development?

why don't you ~*look it up on the internet*~

why don't you ~*look it up on the internet*~

To be fair, even with all the DLC in the world, I don't find awakening's characters more developed than the character in Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance or even the Elibe games. They just feel so gimmicky and shallow.

Edited by Smogon'sWashingMachine

ohdear_zps66f7983a.png

wow that was so related to my post a+ effort

To be fair, even with all the DLC in the world, I don't find awakening's characters more developed than the character in Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance or even the Elibe games. They just feel so gimmicky and shallow.

Yeah, I can see what you're saying there. I'm more making the point of, the development exists, whether you're paying for it or not. It's a matter of opinion on which game you think has the most developed characters. As long as you don't say like Archanea haha.