ohdear_zps66f7983a.png

I'm legitimately disturbed by those japanese/korean girl bands that look like cults. I heard somewhere that if one of the girls find a boyfriend, they're publicly shamed and fired from the band. WTF

Edited by Smogon'sWashingMachine

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone had to pay for it in the end

I'm not that selfish

some people don't mind paying the money and honestly it's there no matter who's paying or not paying for it. Don't be lazy and say there's no character development because you didn't do your research.

oh and glaceon mage ignore that person with the rath avatar

"please ignore valid criticism" ok there boney

I'm legitimately disturbed by those japanese/korean girl bands that look like cults.

I love them but hey whatever floats your boat

I heard somewhere that if one of the girls find a boyfriend, they're public shamed and fired from the band. WTF

I'm like 99.999% sure this isn't true

some people don't mind paying the money and honestly it's there no matter who's paying or not paying for it. Don't be lazy and say there's no character development because you didn't do your research.

lol, who said I didn't?

I did watch some videos with the DLC chapters

The development isn't there and still isn't that great

BUT IT'S FUCKING DLC

A game shouldn't need DLC to have some development. That's disgusting

lol, who said I didn't?

BUT IT'S FUCKING DLC

you are 100% completely missing the point

I'm not talking about what the game should or should not do.

That is not what I'm saying.

The development is there and it's in the DLC.

You don't like that?

Well gee doesn't that suck for you.

There's character development in the DLC and if you would like to be willfully blind to it feel free.

But it's not like it's hard to find the character development by looking it up.

So don't bitch about it, the game is out and there's nothing you can do about it. You don't work at IS.

Enjoy your fucking game.

Or don't because you seem pretty set on bitching about it.

"Waaah, other people aren't writing what I want them to write on fanfiction.net" is what I'm seeing, honestly.

It's fine to be annoyed if you feel that there's way too many stories about Ylisse and you can't find enough of something else you want to see. But this makes you sound so entitled. People will write what they want to write, and not everyone has played the older Japan-only games anyway.

Not to mention that I wouldn't trust the world filter data all that much anyway. Those filters were implemented before Ylisse, but after Elibe, Magvel, and Tellius, so there are a lot of stories from back when that have never been filtered. It's also natural for people to want to write about the "newest thing out", and a lot of people are still riding the Awakening hype.

Basically what I was saying was that "The Fire Emblem archive has basically become the Fire Emblem Awakening archive.

And I actually pointed out the world filter thing isn't the most reliable when putting up the post about it.

why bother looking for fanfics when you have the power to write them yourself?

I do. I'm talking about finding fics to read, since reading my own work is a little unexciting.

you are 100% completely missing the point

I'm not talking about what the game should or should not do.

That is not what I'm saying.

The development is there and it's in the DLC.

You don't like that?

Well gee doesn't that suck for you.

There's character development in the DLC and if you would like to be willfully blind to it feel free.

But it's not like it's hard to find the character development by looking it up.

So don't bitch about it, the game is out and there's nothing you can do about it. You don't work at IS.

Enjoy your fucking game.

Or don't because you seem pretty set on bitching about it.

Yes, there's character development in the DLC

I got the game, played it fully and won't get character development unless I also pay for some overpriced DLC

I'm better off going to fanfictions.net at this rate

I got the game, played it fully and won't get character development unless I also pay for some overpriced DLC

If you care enough about character development you'll pay for it. If not you won't? Simple and an effective marketing scheme? Remember IS and nintendo are companies and what do they care about at the end of the day? Hint: It's Money! Also it's like 3 bucks a map that ain't even bad.

welcome to video games enjoy your stay

If you care enough about character development you'll pay for it. If not you won't? Simple and an effective marketing scheme? Remember IS and nintendo are companies and what do they care about at the end of the day? Hint: It's Money! Also it's like 3 bucks a map that ain't even bad.

No shit? Does that make it any better of a practice? NO. Making a lazy game and the making tons of DLC with some minor development does not excuse it.

DLC itself is not bad if it's there to add something instead of making what the game itself should have with little to no addition.

And 3 bucks for those DLCs is pretty expensive.

welcome to video games enjoy your stay

Oh no, I've been here for some time, and guess what? I found games that had character development without paying for twice the price of that game besides the game itself :o

lol, are we in the Awakening Section now?

Basically what I was saying was that "The Fire Emblem archive has basically become the Fire Emblem Awakening archive.

And I actually pointed out the world filter thing isn't the most reliable when putting up the post about it.

Maybe so, but your comment about "how much do I have to pay people to start writing stuff besides Awakening" really rubs me the wrong way. Let people write what they want to write, the hype will die down eventually.

When Tellius was the most recent continent, weren't there more fics about Tellius being posted than any other continent? When FE2, FE4, and FE5 never got an English release, is it that unusual to not see a lot of fics about them written since not a lot of people would have played them or know enough about them to write about it?

I wouldn't use the world filter as a point in argument at all, honestly, because I'm sure there are a lot of authors who wrote way back in the late 2000s and never returned or bothered to filter their works, so all we can say for sure is that most Ylisse fics would be filtered but not all fics of other worlds would be.

No shit? Does that make it any better of a practice? NO. Making a lazy game and the making tons of DLC with some minor development does not excuse it.

DLC itself is not bad if it's there to add something instead of making what the game itself should have with little to no addition.

And 3 bucks for those DLCs is pretty expensive.

I don't think it's a bad practice. It's literally the entire point of a company. It works, people buy it. Nintendo gets rich. Yay. That means more games for us in the future. Also FE13 totally wasn't a lazy game. Look at all the shit that went into it. If you think that's lazy you're not appreciating the game at all. Even if it is lazy that's your opinion of the game and DLC is part of the game anyway, an optional part of the game but a part nonetheless. It's like sidequests really. And "what the game should have" is completely subjective. The game has it based on what the game team decides. Your opinion on what should/shouldn't be in the game is irrelevant. It's there and you have to deal with it.

And really it's not. Maybe if you buy them all at once but 3 dollars is affordable.

Oh no, I've been here for some time, and guess what? I found games that had character development without paying for twice the price of that game besides the game itself :o

cool

go play them then

Maybe so, but your comment about "how much do I have to pay people to start writing stuff besides Awakening" really rubs me the wrong way. Let people write what they want to write, the hype will die down eventually.

When Tellius was the most recent continent, weren't there more fics about Tellius being posted than any other continent? When FE2, FE4, and FE5 never got an English release, is it that unusual to not see a lot of fics about them written since not a lot of people would have played them or know enough about them to write about it?

I wouldn't use the world filter as a point in argument at all, honestly, because I'm sure there are a lot of authors who wrote way back in the late 2000s and never returned or bothered to filter their works, so all we can say for sure is that most Ylisse fics would be filtered but not all fics of other worlds would be.

I apologize, I probably just worded that wrong. It was just a statement of annoyance.

I honestly don't remember in regard to the second paragraph.

I'm well aware of that. However, FE11 did get an English release, and I almost never see fics for it. I understand that FE2 and FE6 might give me trouble, the former especially, but why the lack of Archanea?

How much should I pay for more people to write fanfics for FE games besides FE13? Seriously, everytime I check the first page of the archive, it's just FE13 fics with maybe one or two FE1-12 fics thrown in. Am I really the only person annoyed by this?

Give me $100/chapter, I can make it happen.

i was one of the few people who learned about fire emblem from...fire emblem on the gba itself

I'm sure the Japanese cult of FE6 fans begs to disagree with you.

lol, who said I didn't?

BUT IT'S FUCKING DLC

This is stupid. On one hand you complain that the DLC development sucked, and on the other you complain that a game doesn't need DLC to have development. Pick one, you can't have your cake and eat it too (also the latter is dumb anyways because FE13 characters did have some development regardless of how sucky you think it is).

I apologize, I probably just worded that wrong. It was just a statement of annoyance.

I honestly don't remember in regard to the second paragraph.

I'm well aware of that. However, FE11 did get an English release, and I almost never see fics for it. I understand that FE2 and FE6 might give me trouble, the former especially, but why the lack of Archanea?

And I can understand that. But keep in mind that sometimes when you word your annoyance with something in a not-so-tactful manner it can end up offending people or at the very least rubbing them the wrong way in a manner you probably did not intend to do so.

As for the lack of Archanea stories, I personally had a hard time liking Archanea because by the time FE11 was released I was too used to FE7, FE8, and FE9 level of gameplay and character development, especially the character development. I had a hard time really caring about any of the characters. That might be one reason. Another reason could just be "new world hype", since FE11 is a remake of the first.

I'm sure the Japanese cult of FE6 fans begs to disagree with you.

I'm pretty sure Boney was referring exclusively to the western Fire Emblem fanbase. It stands to reason that the people in Japan would have been introduced to Fire Emblem before Melee.

I'm pretty sure Boney was referring exclusively to the western Fire Emblem fanbase. It stands to reason that the people in Japan would have been introduced to Fire Emblem before Melee.

Fair enough!

And I can understand that. But keep in mind that sometimes when you word your annoyance with something in a not-so-tactful manner it can end up offending people or at the very least rubbing them the wrong way in a manner you probably did not intend to do so.

As for the lack of Archanea stories, I personally had a hard time liking Archanea because by the time FE11 was released I was too used to FE7, FE8, and FE9 level of gameplay and character development, especially the character development. I had a hard time really caring about any of the characters. That might be one reason. Another reason could just be "new world hype", since FE11 is a remake of the first.

It was new to most western fans (that comprise most of FFN no less). Some probably played the translation of FE1, but many (including myself) did not. And FE11 wasn't that bad. The only issue it had was the lack of support conversations. Personally, I found it challenging, and it's story to be better than FE13's kind of sloppy one. It wasn't the series best entry, but I wouldn't call it the worst.

It was new to most western fans (that comprise most of FFN no less). Some probably played the translation of FE1, but many (including myself) did not. And FE11 wasn't that bad. The only issue it had was the lack of support conversations. Personally, I found it challenging, and it's story to be better than FE13's kind of sloppy one. It wasn't the series best entry, but I wouldn't call it the worst.

The real question is would it be easy to write fanfiction about it with the lack of support conversations.

FIRE EMBLEM GAIDEN CHAPTER 1: ATLUS' QUEST

Atlas had a tough lot. He was near a bunch of wimptacular mages. Could he ever find love amongst all of the weenies? Find out next time on FIRE EMBLEM GAIDEN CHAPTER 2: CAN LOVE BLOOM EVEN ON A BATTLEFIELD?

That'll be 100 big ones, paid up front no refunds.

Edited by Refa

The real question is would it be easy to write fanfiction about it with the lack of support conversations.

Wouldn't that prove to be a boon to the writer's own creativity though? Instead of worrying over trying to follow a certain criteria for each character and doing your best not to stray from it, each person is rather basic, yet not too basic to be an empty slate. From that, a writer could potentially create their own story for a given unit and not worry too much on restrictions.

Welp, that's just my input, from a guy who doesn't write any, but enjoys a good one