• Replies 493.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Starman

• Kinumi

• Lance Masayoshi

• Soledai

Anyway, Chen, that's old, we(the small number of langrisser players on SF) have already aired our grievances about that

Edited by Soledai

I do want to take a minute to say that the graphical choices aren't the only problem with that game.

-The controls are ass-backwards

-They have that annoying one word/grunt instead of actual words. Either full voices or none, that shit was annoying in FE, it's annoying here, and everywhere else

-The unit balance is microscopic, but not totally non-existent. But so far: Horses > everything, even the spear units designed to counter horses

- You don't get a shop, nor can you equip anything early game, unlike in every Langrisser game prior. The game forces the Langrisser on Ares in the first stage, thus encouraging you to solo the early game with him. *see above balance*

- Faction names are really elementary, to an offensively bad extent. "Light Army, Dark Army, Imperial Army" Are you serious?

*Example of good faction names from Der Langrisser: "Kalxath army, Rayguard Empire, Bozel forces/Chaos army, Elwin army"

- On the other hand, it has all the different factions/routes on one, singular, individual cartridge

- The remixed music from the older games is damn near god-tier though.

- The animations aren't awful, they have a certain charm in their badness. They just bump into each other, it's precious.

- The class variety isn't lacking

Note: The music is probably the only compliment you'll ever see this game get.

Note 2: "Chaos" army does not just denote 'dark path', Chaos is the name of a person in the Langrisser-verse.

Other than that, it still feels like a Langrisser, even if slightly and I've liked what I played so far.

Flagrant as the problems are, and they're ever-present.

a660d4563b8f62dd5282319cc643d950.jpg

Don't mess with the company ever.

Jedi: "I'm reading an inbetween Manga of sorts, Yugioh R, which takes place between Battle City and the arc after it, and the duels are really neato"

Jedi: "Yugi despelling a despell was his best moment so far, Joey reversing his luck when his own wheel pointed at him with another card was his and this was Kaibas"

Edited by Glorious Nippon Steel