Why can't Chrom pair with Miriel and Tharja

weso12

I don't remember Sully ever being called a noble, I thought she was just a knight. Maribelle and Sumia I do remember being called nobles. Olivia... I think the only reason Chrom/Olivia is even a thing is Inigo is implied to have been intended as Lucina's sibling at some point, before he was role reassigned. That's how I interpreted it, anyway.

It is clearly stated that she is in her support with Vaike. Although she's born in a house of knights.

I don't think nobility has anything to do with Chroms tastes. IS literally limited Chrom and Sumias supports for obvious reasons.

1. It's the pairing they want the most

2. The other pairings are just there for diversity.

Seriously, why does Sumia have Henry as a support of all people?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because it would make Chrom by far the best pair for Sumia: +1 mag +5 spd Chrom!Cynthia is far better than +1 str +2 spd Freddie!Cynthia, given that Gaius is better off fathering someone else. (Assuming someone at IS had a concept of balancing the game, with Galeforce being the best skill overall)

Seriously, why does Sumia have Henry as a support of all people?

I think the better question is "why doesn't Sumia have more support options than she's given already?" If you ask me, Sumia should have gotten more support options. Considering the fact that Cordelia, who's a Pegasus Knight, and also most likely a noble like her, can marry just about any guy in this game (barring the obvious), there's literally no justification why Sumia can't do the same. If we're gonna go the support limitation route for anyone not named Chrom, you might as well limit the supports for everyone else.

I mean, jeez. The girl could have used support chances with Stahl, Vaike, Virion, Lon'qu, and Gregor. Henry, if you ask me, is one of her better options, support and continuity-wise with the way her support list is now.

Edited by Just call me Al

Virion/Sumia could have easily happened as well, as those two actually have the fortune telling thing in common.

I agree lack of Stahl/Sumia is stupid and makes no sense. Why would Stahl reject all those pies?

I mean, jeez. The girl could have used support chances with Vaike, Virion, Lon'qu, and Gregor.

A Virion support would be the business. It could be an adorable support and i want a Virion!Cynthia.

Maybe because it would make Chrom by far the best pair for Sumia: +1 mag +5 spd Chrom!Cynthia is far better than +1 str +2 spd Freddie!Cynthia, given that Gaius is better off fathering someone else. (Assuming someone at IS had a concept of balancing the game, with Galeforce being the best skill overall)

Considering how imbalanced the game is, with certain pairings being vastly superior to others, I think their intention was to just have players pair up whichever units they liked best together. If you wanted to find the ideal couples, that's fine, but not a requirement for enjoyment, especially since this game doesn't have true multiplayer (which would require true balance and possibly very different gameplay).

Considering how imbalanced the game is, with certain pairings being vastly superior to others, I think their intention was to just have players pair up whichever units they liked best together. If you wanted to find the ideal couples, that's fine, but not a requirement for enjoyment, especially since this game doesn't have true multiplayer (which would require true balance and possibly very different gameplay).

Other than DonnelxSully, I don't see any other non-MU pairup that is clearly superior in any situation.

Other than DonnelxSully, I don't see any other non-MU pairup that is clearly superior in any situation.

Gaius and Tharja. Only non-Avatar way for Noire to get GF + Vantage (she already has Vengeance).

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

After that there's some sets that are just better than others.

E.G. Libra/Lissa > Henry/Lissa [both do the same, Libra's just... better.]

Everything else is minor sidegrading [Chrom!Inigo vs Stahl!Inigo], or RT specing [Chrom!Inigo vs Ricken!Inigo]

OooOoOoooh. Right. (i thought it was just for Galefarts)

If that was all that mattered, Nowi would be in the running for one of Donnel/Gaius. Unfortunately the only way for Nah to get GF and a proc not named Astra is Avatar, and that creates more problems than it solves.

If that was all that mattered, Nowi would be in the running for one of Donnel/Gaius. Unfortunately the only way for Nah to get GF and a proc not named Astra is Avatar, and that creates more problems than it solves.

Getting Nah Galeforce AND Astra is why I paired Gaius and Nowi.

Excluding Galeforce, Vaike/Sully provides high STR caps, Counter among other male exclusive skills, and the mercenary class (Armsthrift, ftw)

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶n̶d̶e̶ ̶K̶j̶e̶l̶l̶e̶ ̶

Getting Nah Galeforce AND Astra is why I paired Gaius and Nowi.

Excluding Galeforce, Vaike/Sully provides high STR caps, Counter among other male exclusive skills, and the mercenary class (Armsthrift, ftw)

A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶n̶d̶e̶ ̶K̶j̶e̶l̶l̶e̶ ̶

Sacrificing a faster GF+Luna unit and a GF+VV+Luna unit for a slower GF+Luna unit and a GF+Astra unit is a pretty bad trade imo. Vaike!Kjelle lacks GF and is stuck as a physical support, but is overshadowed for that by Vaike!Nah who has 2 more Str.

Can you imagine Chrom!Laurent running away from an oversized bug? And asking for Lucina's help in slaying it? The concept looks hilarious in my head but it's so out of character for the guy.

I attack the pairing on a regular basis- it's bad and that's about it. The shippers on the other hand, nope.

See before.

Um no. You've spread your fanatical hatred around tumblr, spat in the face of someone on miiverse who found their S support cute by saying it's a terrible pairing, and you're forcing your opinions on Gaia Online in the same way. I have two messages in my inbox about you being so fanatical. You're infamous on Gamefaqs for the same vitriol. And lastly there's even a troll post on tumblr about Gerome/Lucina because your hatred is that infamous. So butt out of other people's shipping preferences and grow up.

Can you imagine Chrom!Laurent running away from an oversized bug? And asking for Lucina's help in slaying it? The concept looks hilarious in my head but it's so out of character for the guy.

I suppose that might be a problem, although truth be told I cannot quite imagine Kjelle running away from a bug and telling Lucina to kill it for her. I can, however, see Laurent "experimenting" with the Falchion and Lucina being upset because "YOU'RE DISRESPECTING THE WEAPON THAT BUILT YOUR HOMELAND AND THE MEMENTO OF OUR FATHER!"

Um no. You've spread your fanatical hatred around tumblr, spat in the face of someone on miiverse who found their S support cute by saying it's a terrible pairing, and you're forcing your opinions on Gaia Online in the same way. I have two messages in my inbox about you being so fanatical. You're infamous on Gamefaqs for the same vitriol. And lastly there's even a troll post on tumblr about Gerome/Lucina because your hatred is that infamous. So butt out of other people's shipping preferences and grow up.

The only ship that matters is MorganXCynthia

Anyway, how did that disagree with what he said, and not only boiled down to, "Stop hating what others like?" He has the right to voice criticism just as much as you have the right to voice praise. For anything. No matter how stern it may be.

I suppose that might be a problem, although truth be told I cannot quite imagine Kjelle running away from a bug and telling Lucina to kill it for her. I can, however, see Laurent "experimenting" with the Falchion and Lucina being upset because "YOU'RE DISRESPECTING THE WEAPON THAT BUILT YOUR HOMELAND AND THE MEMENTO OF OUR FATHER!"

Yeah, didn't imagine Brady acting that way either. I don't think Lucina's Sibling-Support should stand in the way of anything.

Anyway, how did that disagree with what he said, and not only boiled down to, "Stop hating what others like?" He has the right to voice criticism just as much as you have the right to voice praise. For anything. No matter how stern it may be.

As much as I hate to start another argument, I think the point is that while you're free to hate what you hate, you shouldn't go around crusading against people who like it or make people feel bad for liking thing or act as if they're bad for liking thing. While I usually avoid AC, I'm pretty sure there's a reason he made it onto the "Die for our Ship" page for Fire Emblem on TVTropes.

Yeah, didn't imagine Brady acting that way either. I don't think Lucina's Sibling-Support should stand in the way of anything.

Since Lucina currently DOES have a limited number of siblings, I kind of wish the supports were made more unique for each sibling. I can understand Morgan having generic convos, since she's amnesiac and can be siblings with all non-Lucina kids, but Lucina only has five potential siblings. Surely it couldn't have been THAT painful to give them somewhat unique convos?

EDIT: I can actually imagine Brady running away from a bug, as hilarious it seems.

Edited by Sangyul

Are you Daft?

There's a difference between bashing a pairing and bashing shippers.

As much as I hate to start another argument, I think the point is that while you're free to hate what you hate, you shouldn't go around crusading against people who like it or make people feel bad for liking thing or act as if they're bad for liking thing. While I usually avoid AC, I'm pretty sure there's a reason he made it onto the "Die for our Ship" page for Fire Emblem on TVTropes.

Ships are srs bsns to some people. That always slips the mind. Still, no one should feel bad for someone hating a pairing. It's just strange for me to considering taking that as anything worth pondering or feeling hurt over.

Since Lucina currently DOES have a limited number of siblings, I kind of wish the supports were made more unique for each sibling. I can understand Morgan having generic convos, since she's amnesiac and can be siblings with all non-Lucina kids, but Lucina only has five potential siblings. Surely it couldn't have been THAT painful to give them somewhat unique convos?

EDIT: I can actually imagine Brady running away from a bug, as hilarious it seems.

Ditto for that concerning her mothers too. Like the entire conversation arc except the A Support really.

Ships are srs bsns to some people. That always slips the mind. Still, no one should feel bad for someone hating a pairing. It's just strange for me to considering taking that as anything worth pondering or feeling hurt over.

It honestly goes both ways, I think. If I were saying "I like X/Y" without any provocation, insults, or putting down and some lunatic comes in and is like "X/Y is the worst pairing in existence X does not deserve Y it's horrible", I'd be very annoyed. At this point, I'm not sure if it's so much the shipping but the odious conduct of some people. Treat people how you want to be treated and all.

Ditto for that concerning her mothers too. Like the entire conversation arc except the A Support really.

Lucina should've had unique mother conversations too, considering she only has five potential mothers as well.