Walhart is not a Risen

RJWalker

[ヴァルハルト] Walhart

心の臓は止まった。▼ My heart [of flesh]* has stopped.
だが、我が炎はいまだ However, my fire has not yet [stopped].
胸中にくすぶっておるようだ。▼ It seems to smoulder on in my mind.
では、戦うか。 Well then, will you fight?
我が挑むはこれが三度目か。▼ This will be the third time you challenge me, hm?

http://fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com/post/54683505191/spoilers-up-to-the-spotpass-chapters

If his heart of flesh has literally stopped, then does he also literally have a fire burning in his brain?

Exactly. People just want to say he's a Risen, even though it's been proven people can come back whenever it feels convenient to do it.

[ヴァルハルト] Walhart

心の臓は止まった。▼ My heart [of flesh]* has stopped.

だが、我が炎はいまだ However, my fire has not yet [stopped].

胸中にくすぶっておるようだ。▼ It seems to smoulder on in my mind.

では、戦うか。 Well then, will you fight?

我が挑むはこれが三度目か。▼ This will be the third time you challenge me, hm?

http://fe-according-to-japan.tumblr.com/post/54683505191/spoilers-up-to-the-spotpass-chapters

If his heart of flesh has literally stopped, then does he also literally have a fire burning in his brain?

You're mixing your metaphors, and not only that, you're disagreeing with the evidence you're supposedly using to support your view?

It was always my assumption that part of why people make that claim lies with how the Risen also instantly subvert themselves to Walhart's command.

People think he's a risen?

I've seen it. People took his words literally when he spoke in a metaphorical sense. The part about him being all "My heart beats no more... But the flame of life within me refuses to gutter out."

Also consider that the Risen are more or less mindless, with a few exceptions like the Infinite Regalia Deadlords. Walhart doesn't fall into that, period. Not to mention how eloquent he is compared to the Risen chiefs that actually talk.

So I too question why anyone would think Walhart's a Risen.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Since Walmart is one possible, horrible, rotten father for Morgan, it's safe to say he's not a Risen.

In the original Japanese version, he isn't a bad father at all. The localizations took the liberty to make him "Daddy of the Year".

In the original Japanese version, he isn't a bad father at all. The localizations took the liberty to make him "Daddy of the Year".

Until he converts his daughter into a doll, he's not taking that shit.

Also, on the primary topic, doesn't he actually get referred to as a Risen in the intro to his Paralogue? Or was that just a localization quirk or mis-remembrance on my part?

In the intro, he tries to control some Risen, that's all. However, this line from his battle quote with Chrom:

"Defeat is death, and I must rise again!"

Means that he probably considers himself dead because his conquest is and he and his conquest are one, but isn't physically deceased.

If you want the original JP text, look no further than the first post.