NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

Yeah, but Michael Jordan was an awful coach and Dick LeBeau was an awful HC in Cincinnati. Bart Starr was terrible, too.

Nobody tends to complain about position coaches. I have a feeling Haslett was awful w/ WRs but nobody really complained about him.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 years in fact and he perfected the Zone Blitz which gave the greatest offense of the 90s (Buffalo Bills/K-Gun) a lot of fits, but I'm referring specifically in context to great players, which Dick LeBeau was.

Yeah, but you yourself said that one guy who's a player or position coach may not make a good HC or other type of coach and vice versa. You said that Bruce Arians was a much better head coach than OC. This is why I'm not going to expect a whole lot out of Keith Butler as our new DC.

But I wasn't suggesting that James Harrison be a head coach, only an LB coach. He doesn't need to be anything more. He was only an LB, not a safety, receiver, or QB. He would only know about the LB position and how to get pressure on QBs. He wouldn't be good at anything else, because he didn't study anything else.

Edited by Anacybele

He might know other positions despite not playing them- by your logic Jim Harbaugh should never have been anything other than a QB coach (and he was never really a good QB anyway to be honest).

Harrison might, but he still knows the most about being an LB. The LB coach is the only position open in the Steelers coaching staff anyway. As soon as James Harrison started doing business against Flacco in week 9 vs the Ravens, that whole defensive line seemed to spark up. They DID shut down Arian Foster vs the Texans before that, but that was the only game where they did any good. James Harrison just BEING there seemed to inspire these guys to play better. That's why I think he'd do well in coaching them. Jarvis Jones has also been taking notes from him. And Harrison didn't even need to do anything to make that happen. Jones decided that on his own.

As far as I can see, James Harrison might as well have lined all them guys up and said THIS IS HOW YOU PLAY BLITZBURGH.

Edited by Anacybele

Yah Frank Reich is a fucking terrible OC but was an ok QB.

But he did give us 2 comebacks this season.

I'll give you a chart on his playcalling.

chargers.png

His playcalling is extremely one dimensional. a run up the middle, then a short pass.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Big Ben got Performance of the Year (his AMAZING game against the Colts!), AB got WR of the Year, and Le'Veon Bell was runner-up for RB of the Year. Killer B's FTW! :D

This team just needs to fix its defense and it'll be a Super Bowl winner again for sure!

Edited by Anacybele

So, I finally experienced a team I root for winning a championship for the first time since, well, last time Ohio State won a championship. But this isn't a College Football topic so I'll just leave that at that. Hopefully the Browns can follow suit eventually, even though it seems unlikely after the utter flop of an end of season we had.

As for the playoffs, I hope the Colts can pull of a win on the AFC Side because, after the Steelers and Ravens, the Patriots are probably my next least favorite team. I'm much more torn on the NFC. On one hand, I've always kind of liked the Seahawks and Russell Wilson seems like a pretty cool guy. On the other hand, they just won last year and my brother-in-law is a huge Packers fan (and still holds a grudge against the Seahawks for the Fail Mary game). But, in any case, this is probably going to be another year when I root for the NFC Champion in the Super Bowl no matter what the matchup is.

Championship Sunday is close. Any of these 4 teams can win tomorrow and I'm pretty excited to watch both of these games. Is it Sunday yet?

Tommorows games will be won by:

Colts defense

Pats O-line.

Aaron Rodgers

Seahawks's Offense

I don't know, I'd have to say the Colts offense would be more likely in their case given how my Steelers totally trashed their D. :P

Aaron Rodgers is also hindered lately and the Seahawks have arguably the best D in the league.

As for the Pats...Brady and Gronk. lol

You also trashed them without their best secondary arrangement (read: no Vontae Davis)

They have Vontae Davis. It's just a matter of getting pressure, and I dunno if the Colts can do that now.

You also trashed them without their best secondary arrangement (read: no Vontae Davis)

They have Vontae Davis. It's just a matter of getting pressure, and I dunno if the Colts can do that now.

Yeah, but the Colts' attempts to get pressure were also pretty piss-poor. They hardly ever got near Ben. :P

And Brady can tear people apart if he's free to do whatever he wants without the least bit of pressure in his face.

Edited by Anacybele

Seahawks vs Packers.

16-0.

That's amazing, so many turnovers. Especially Russel Wilson have a QBR of 0.

If it's Colts vs Packers.

I feel Packers can do more against the Colts than the Colts can do against the Packers.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet

Dem Seahawks, holy shit. O.O

Hustle Russell Wilson ftw. I hate the Packers. My stepdad says that the Seahawks are full of assy people with attitudes though and are punks. That can't be true, can it?

But whatever, I like Russell Wilson and think he deserves more Super Bowls the way he plays.

EDIT: Dat be it, Hustle Russell and his guys are Super Bowl bound yet again!

Edited by Anacybele

maybe this will be the game that helps people realize going for TDs is better than settling for FGs. i'm reluctant to blame coaches, but McCarthy's decision-making likely cost the Packers a trip to the Super Bowl. happy to see the Seahawks win, though.

maybe this will be the game that helps people realize going for TDs is better than settling for FGs. i'm reluctant to blame coaches, but McCarthy's decision-making likely cost the Packers a trip to the Super Bowl. happy to see the Seahawks win, though.

There's that saying... "Who scores field goals suffers touchdowns."

So we got one amazing game and then one shitty one. All in all still a good championship Sunday. And now the Seahawks look to be the first repeat champs in a decade, and their opponent is the last team to accomplish that feat. Should be a good game.

Yeah, Andrew Luck's Colts just didn't look like the good team they were before. >.>

Seriously, they're starting to make me feel like Big Ben having the most monstrous game of his career against them wasn't as impressive as it looked. -___-

The ending to that NFC Championship game was phenomenal. Seeing the Packers pull a Lion-esque performance to blow the game in the final minutes was amazing. All the salt on my facebook newsfeed is making it even better. =)

And as a massive Brady homer and someone who thinks Luck is the most overrated player in the NFL, the evening game was quite a treat to watch as well.