Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4

Your reaction about Ike's appearance in SSB4?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. How is your reaction that Ike is confirmed for SSB4?

2. 2. Did you expect to see Ike in SSB4?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooooo you can say I am more inclined toward Ike than any of the other lords simply because I've known him longest and am most familiar with him =o

i am your lord aren't i~

I wonder how much of the people in this thread is going to get this joke.

COME ON OVER SUCKER, WHY DON'T YOU AXE ME?

I AM YOUR DEBT

AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T PAY ME

I AM YOUR PAIN

AND I KNOW YOU CAN'T TAKE ME

I didn't expect Ike to be revealed until during/after E3, to be quite honest.

I'm so glad he didn't get cut though, as I was pretty worried that it might happen.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

That'd be cool, but I think it's simply that Ike is definitely the most important and iconic FE character after Marth.

Still, PoR on the VC would be awesome since it's hard to find these days and expensive almost everywhere you look. Same with RD, though since it's a Wii title, a VC release for it would be kind of pointless. An HD re-release for Wii U wouldn't hurt though. I would just wait until the Wii U picks up more sales, or else both of these are going to wind up like their originals did.

Well, we have 5 damn Mario characters so having Marth, Ike, a very likely Chrom AND Lucina doesn't seem too far-fetched.

Ehhh, you know that's Mario and Fire Emblem you're comparing there

I'm thinking if they were ever to go with more than 2 FE characters it'd probably be no higher than 3... I'm not sure if they'll go for 3 or not... FE has gotten larger thanks to Awakening at least, but still that's not quite an appropriate comparison imo x3

Ehhh, you know that's Mario and Fire Emblem you're comparing there

I'm thinking if they were ever to go with more than 2 FE characters it'd probably be no higher than 3... I'm not sure if they'll go for 3 or not... FE has gotten larger thanks to Awakening at least, but still that's not quite an appropriate comparison imo x3

Well Awakening practically brought the series back from the dead, and constantly gets #1 on lots of Best 3DS game lists, so there would be lots of fan outcry if Chrom weren't put in.

That'd be cool, but I think it's simply that Ike is definitely the most important and iconic FE character after Marth.

Still, PoR on the VC would be awesome since it's hard to find these days and expensive almost everywhere you look. Same with RD, though since it's a Wii title, a VC release for it would be kind of pointless. An HD re-release for Wii U wouldn't hurt though. I would just wait until the Wii U picks up more sales, or else both of these are going to wind up like their originals did.

Well in RD's case it doesn't have to be a "Virtual Console" thing. If Nintendo was really smart they would start putting up their Wii and Wii U games for download too, like they do with a lot of their 3DS games.

It would also be really smart with the rise of popularity thanks to Awakening, to make the other games easily available to these new fans. If you want to play the Tellius games you either need A) A computer powerful enough to run the somewhat demanding Dolphin, B) a hacked Wii, or C) about $150-ish total to buy physical copies of both games. And for the most part none of these options are appealing the the more casual gamer.

Nintendo's biggest problem with Fire Emblem is availability, especially seeing all the cool DLC Awakening characters that many fans do not know simply because NoA hasn't brought over the majority of the series, so I think making the currently released ones available for download is one of the first steps to remedy that.

Well in RD's case it doesn't have to be a "Virtual Console" thing. If Nintendo was really smart they would start putting up their Wii and Wii U games for download too, like they do with a lot of their 3DS games.

It would also be really smart with the rise of popularity thanks to Awakening, to make the other games easily available to these new fans. If you want to play the Tellius games you either need A) A computer powerful enough to run the somewhat demanding Dolphin, B) a hacked Wii, or C) about $150-ish total to buy physical copies of both games. And for the most part none of these options are appealing the the more casual gamer.

Nintendo's biggest problem with Fire Emblem is availability, especially seeing all the cool DLC Awakening characters that many fans do not know simply because NoA hasn't brought over the majority of the series, so I think making the currently released ones available for download is one of the first steps to remedy that.

You're right, RD could easily be made available for download anyway as simply a Wii title and not a VC one. Both it and PoR being available for download at a good price would definitely get more people to play them. People brought into the series due to Awakening would probably be interested, especially if they played as Ike in Brawl but couldn't get their hands on his games.

And yeah, FE's has definitely had availability issues, even with Awakening after the mess Nintendo made with releasing it in the US. This probably contributed to some of the games' low sales too, like, the Tellius saga. :P

You're right, RD could easily be made available for download anyway as simply a Wii title and not a VC one. Both it and PoR being available for download at a good price would definitely get more people to play them. People brought into the series due to Awakening would probably be interested, especially if they played as Ike in Brawl but couldn't get their hands on his games.

And yeah, FE's has definitely had availability issues, even with Awakening after the mess Nintendo made with releasing it in the US. This probably contributed to some of the games' low sales too, like, the Tellius saga. :P

I got into the series after Awakening came out, what was the mess Nintendo made about bringing it here?

Physical Copies took WEEKS to be released.

It was a shipping delay, if memory serves. Which was not helped by the fact that I think Canada got it a week or two EARLY. I myself was quite frustrated with the delay, so I went ahead and bought a digital copy of the game. And then I went and got a physical copy earlier this year. =I