Do you name your items?

Just wondering, but does anyone name items for fun, (Or Streetpass)

And if you do, what do you name your items (sets of items are better)?

[spoiler=Rando' Screenshot]

qEKrWck.jpg

Ok, I'm missing a few commands to copy Bravely Default... And I thought "Abilities" were "Skills". Oh well.

Edited by NoCashOtaku

I do it a lot. My signature weapon is my forged Silver Sword, the Silver Shire. I also like the Balmung, but you can't forge that.

My weapons on my main file are puns, like a "Rey-ka" for a Killing Edge and Brave Sword (I wanted to name it "Rey-ka no Ken" because of FE7, Rekka no Ken, which is pronounced the same way, but character limit) after my male avatar, Rey, and a "Maken" for a Levin Sword(ma can be short for mahou; magic, and ken; sword) from Chrom's japanese critical line, "Ore wa maken!" (I will not lose!). On another file, weapons are based off of SMT skills, like "Ziodyne" for Thoron or "Garudyne" for Celica's Gale. But that's just me and my love for Altus.

I named Severa's sword Owain, because of her support with him...

even when shes married to someone else, which is a lil awkward i guess... but not like anyone knows but Owain!

Edited by That Person's Name

(I wanted to name it "Rey-ka no Ken" because of FE7, Rekka no Ken, which is pronounced the same way, but character limit)

what world do you live in where the re in japanese isn't pronounced reh

topic: i tend to name my weapons awful things like DILDOKING

I named a couple weapons. ^^ A forged steel sword called Ike's Blade and a forged silver axe called Kieran's Axe. lol

I went with a steel sword for Ike's Blade because it's based off of Ettard, Ike's starting blade in Radiant Dawn and its stats are closest to those of a steel sword. Kieran's Axe is a silver axe because of the one Geoffrey gives him in RD.

Edited by Anacybele

Used to. Don't anymore unless...

1. Streetpass. I always name my Streetpass gear. Be it insulting bad pairings, rolling the theme, or just having names for the sake of it.

2. Jokes.

[spoiler=Couldn't pass this up]

tumblr_mzugcucoP51rh9jsuo1_400.jpg

Used to. Don't anymore unless...

1. Streetpass. I always name my Streetpass gear. Be it insulting bad pairings, rolling the theme, or just having names for the sake of it.

2. Jokes.

[spoiler=Couldn't pass this up]

tumblr_mzugcucoP51rh9jsuo1_400.jpg

guaranteed to blow ya mind

also I occasionally do but sometimes I just leave it

Edited by Candeloro

It's tempting, but I don't give new names for my forged weapons for simplicity's sake, especially if the weapons of the same original name are upgraded with the same statistics. (ie. 2 Celica's Gale tomes both forged to have +5 Mt and +15 Hit)

There's also the slight issue of how there is a limit in the number of unique forged weapons allowed in a singe save file.

Sunderbolt (Levin Sword), the base magic spells in Final Fantasy/Bravely Default and their, ra/ga/ja tiers, the Lethal Egde(Forged Killing Egde)...yar.

Sunderbolt (Levin Sword), the base magic spells in Final Fantasy/Bravely Default and their, ra/ga/ja tiers, the Lethal Egde(Forged Killing Egde)...yar.

Have to admit, I named the tomes based of FF/BD when I can too, although I wish there was still light magic to call "Holy"... *Sighs*...

I name them after old Final Fantasy Legendary Weapons, for nostalgia's sake.

Examples: Masamune (Brave Sword), Aeroja (Celica's Gale), Yoichi's Bow (Brave Bow), and Earthbreaker (Brave Axe)

Also named Lynn's (my avatar) personal Brave Sword to Igtenos because Woodrow from Tales of Destiny because he is one of my favorite Tales characters and Igtenos was my favorite Swordian. Coincidentally enough, Lynn is also a Bow Knight like he was.... with + Spd asset because he was speed based. Yeah, I like him that much.

Inigo has a few special names for his weapons. Hammer Time (Brave Sword) and Dandy (Brave Axe).

Edited by Ownagepuffs

I name logs, branches, and ladles stupid names. When I get a new log I up the stats and name it after a verse of the Log song from Ren and Stimpy. Otherwise I forge a brave sword, name it after my Dad, and call it a day. I have trouble remembering what does what if I did that to all of them.

I name all of Fredericks weapons Frederick because Frederick. I also gave Lucina a brave sword called Demonspanker, and Morgan gets goofy shit like Cake and Kitty Cat.

I also equip my avatar with a (aversa's night) Ereshkigal.