Competitive Fire Emblem?

Zukonima

Competitive Fire Emblem  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a competitive Fire Emblem community?

• Yes
    • No

So lately I've been getting into the competitive Super Smash Bros. community and that got me wondering about competitive Fire Emblem. I think the game mechanics and depth is there for an interesting meta game. Of course, this is not possible with the current entries in the series as only Shadow Dragon supports multiplayer and that game was not received very well, also nintendo wifi has also been shut down for the DS. So if this were to ever exist, it would have to be from a future entry in the series. If Fire Emblem did have a competitive community would you participate? Do you think Fire Emblem could be a competitively viable game? Just want to hear some other thoughts on this matter :)

its not competitive enough, sacred stones team play was good but in order for FE to be as such and better i think the following would need to happen

- needs to be more strategic, everybody's going to have the 2-3 best characters if there was online play to offset this

there could be like bonuses for specific characters or a team bonus if ur using all of a certain class or something ect...

- map diversity

- different game modes

- could be one v one

- capture the flag

-route enemies

- seize stronghold

ect...

these are just some thoughts and i would definitely play if it was good, maybe even if it was bad lol

Hmm I don't think players playing directly against each other would ever be especially fun. One idea I have was maybe having two people playing through the game at the same rate, and you could make a rule system that the players could make certain sacrifices in their play through (dropping a weapon, amount of cash, or sacrificing a character) to either gain points or to make their opponent make a certain decision. I have no idea of the intricacies of such a system, but I think it might keep the meta game of drafts and the like fresh, seeing as you would have to creatively adapt if your opponent does something intelligent to screw you up.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

I think if FE:M was easier to use, it might be more widely used. Also I'm not sure about FETO, but maybe that? But I suppose you mean original games?

Also a Proof of Concept by markyjoe on a hack twoplayer; http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34977

It does seem more inconvenient to use join.me for the hack over FE:M, though.

Anyways: if there was a competitive scene in FE, I would be too tactless to join. xD

If there was a competitive community, I would probably participate, but the main thing about fire emblem is that almost all of its mechanics are based around the RNG. Sure, if it ever became the kind of thing where people watched the players battle, it would create lots of entertaining tension, but for the people actually playing it would just be frustrating. The RNG-revolving-around-ness is the main problem with fire emblem competitive play.