Why is Robin so slow ;/

Edited by Sangyul

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 8

Iain: I hate the desert. It's too hot.

Raven: But at least you can get through it.

Allen: So, we just have to save that girl, right?

Luna: Yeah, but can we afford to make our presence known right now? It's not so much of a sneak attack if the enemy know we're here.

Lissa: We can't just LEAVE her!

Iona: Sure we could. It's easy.

Iona pairs up with Amara and weakens a cavalier. Allen goes with Raven and helps her move around in the desert. Luka and Maia pair up, then move down. Chrom and Iain pair up and fly over to a dark mage and dispatch of it. Robin pairs up with Luna and kills the cavalier that Iona weakened. Gregor and Nowi run for safety. On the EP, a dark mage hits Raven, and she also kills a fighter. A myrmidon doubles Robin, but somehow he dodges two ~82% hits. Iona kills a dark mage with a crit.

Raven kills the dark mage that hit her, and Iain gets the rescue staff village. Luka finishes off the myrmidon that Robin weakened. Amara goes in the range of a cavalier. Robin dodges a dark mage and counterattacks, while another dark mage hits Raven. Amara kills the cavalier, and Raven takes out the dark mage. Luka finishes off the mage Robin weakened. Iain stands in the outer edge of the fighter's range, while Nowi takes Allen and lets him heal Raven. Amara stands behind Luka.

On the EP, Iain gets a level and Luka kills stuff. Once stuff is dead, everyone regroups. Allen heals Iain and levels up. Luna heals Luka. Everyone moves down and towards the second village. Amara is able to kill the silver axe fighter near the village, while Iain flies Chrom over to the dark mage, and they finish him off. Iain gets the master seal village. Luna heals Iona and Raven stands in the fighter's range. Everyone else advances around her. The enemies don't move, so I let Iona take Allen so he can heal Luna. Raven stands on the event tile and finds … a log. Because the enemies continue to not move, I have Luka kill a myrmidon while Raven kills the fighter. Allen kills the other myrmidon. Iain is able to survive the two dark mages on the EP. Luna and Allen heal. Luka kills the arcwind dark mage and Chrom kills the nosferatu mage (with help from a dual attack). Amara takes the lead and heads for the village. Raven takes Robin as a partner and Amara flies and gets the other village.

Raven and Robin stand in front of the boss and wait for him to attack on the EP. Robin protects Raven from nosferatu and the two easily kill the boss.

Robin: If the Grimleal are really that big of a threat, why haven't any of you mentioned them before?

​Chrom: Well … there really didn't seem to be a right time.

Frederick: Ha! Acting like you don't know what the Grimleal are! I'm not buying it!

Luka: Would you at least buy a new silver lance? Your old one is breaking.

Chrom: Emmeryn, it's too dangerous to stay here. We have to leave, now.

​Emmeryn: I cannot leave the people undefended, Chrom. The people must know that their exalt stands with them.

Chrom: And what if something happens to you? What then?

​Iain: … Why is this even an argument?

Chrom: Emmeryn, please! You can't do this!

Luna: Exalt Emmeryn, I don't understand your logic. A squad of pegasus knights just sacrificed themselves for you to escape! So why would you go back?

​Emmeryn: Chrom … take the Fire Emblem with you. Keep it safe.

​Allen: … Will someone explain to me what the wisdom of this decision is?

Robin: There is none.

Boron, this is why we are friends.

Chapter 9

Maribelle: Darling … those wyverns look absolutely terrifying.

Miriel: Indubitably. I surmise this battle will be quite the experience.

Tharja: *giggles menacingly in the background*

I did some grinding in EXPonential Growth and got almost everyone married and to level 20 unpromoted. Luna and Allen got some extra levels healing so that I can get them out of troubadour and priest soon, and they'll be ready to promote soon.

This chapter gave me enough room to deploy everyone. I pair Chrom with Iain, who flies down to kill an archer. Everyone else except for Luna pairs up with someone. Everyone else attempts to stay out of most of the enemies' range, but one soldier does get a hit on Corin and is promptly crit-killed. Iain tanks almost everything on the EP, though. Libra also gets hit a few times. On the next turn, Raven kills the short spear soldier and Allen heals her. The others attempt to move down, while Iain kills the mage. Libra tanks more hits as well. The next turn has Iain fly down to where Libra is, he and Chrom kill the archer. Everyone moves down.

Libra weakens the soldier while Iain kills the dark mage on the EP. Chrom recruits Libra and then lets Iain hand axe the soldier. The others move down, and luckily the enemies don't follow me. Iain kills an arcfire mage and Allen heals him. The others crowd around him, and on the EP he tanks most of the enemies easily. Tharja moves towards me, so I have the team move towards her. Luka and Raven kill an archer, while Amara gets the other. Chrom recruits Tharja, then lets Iain kill the arcwind mage. Tharja pairs up with Libra on a fort, while Allen gets the event tile and gets EXP. Maia and Iona move down.

Amara kills a soldier on the EP and levels up. Iona weakens a soldier and barely avoids dying to a wyvern rider. Amara dodges the other wyvern lord and finishes it off. Luna takes an amusing 1 damage UNPAIRED from a short axe wyvern rider, and it didn't even hit her. I'm getting crowded by wyverns, so I have Libra take out the soldier Iona weakened. Amara kills a silver axe wyvern rider while Luka and Raven easily take out another silver axe wyvern. Iain kills the last of the silver axe wyverns with Chrom's help. Iona kills one of the short axe wyverns and Luna heals her. Robin also stands in range of the wyverns since he can take two hits and live. Alas, both go for Amara.

Robin pairs up with Raven and is able to kill one of the wyvern riders with Raven's help. Maia and Iona weaken the remaining wyvern, but are unable to kill it. I let Chrom get the kill (and he gets a crit). Allen heals Luna. With all the enemies cleared out and only the boss left, I decide to let Robin get the kill so I crowd everyone around him. He gets hit and then gets two crits.

Robin: Chrom! You can't just give Gangrel the Emblem!

Chrom: But if I don't, then Emmeryn --

Iona: There's no guarantee he will spare her life anyway! Chrom, use your brain!

Chrom: I can't … I can't just let Emmeryn die! Everyone, lay down your --

Robin: You leave me no choice, Chrom. Sorry, but not sorry. *grabs the Emblem and whacks Chrom over the head with it*

Maia: Come on, let's move!

"And thus, the Emblem shattered, destroying humanity's last hope. Robin, you bastard. Or perhaps that was your true purpose all along?"

Can this be an alternate ending? PLEASE?! :P:

Would this be doable without a bunch of grinding?

"And thus, the Emblem shattered, destroying humanity's last hope. Robin, you bastard. Or perhaps that was your true purpose all along?"

Can this be an alternate ending? PLEASE?! :P:

If you want it to be XD

Would this be doable without a bunch of grinding?

It might be, but I doubt I personally am good enough at FE to attempt this without grinding.

Chapter 10

Amara: Robin, how hard did you hit Chrom? He's still unconscious!

Robin: He'll be fine. I think.

Iain: Fine for you, maybe, but it's not exactly easy to lug him around when he's deadweight …

The last time I did this chapter, I did very well and then Maribelle died right before I killed the boss. I was mad. Anyway, deployed Maribelle and Miriel in this chapter because I had room.

Robin and Miriel pair up, and Robin 1HKOs a thief with elthunder (which he "borrowed" from Tharja). Luka pairs up with Amara, who flies him over to a barbarian, and he finishes it off easily. Chrom and Iain pair up and they easily kill a soldier. Iona pairs up with Corin and she 1RKOs a barbarian. Raven and Maia take out a soldier easily. Maribelle pairs up with Allen, who heals a point of HP Iona gained in a level. Luna does the same for Robin. He takes a hard hit on the EP, but survives both that one and the next attack. Luka and Amara kill a wyvern rider while Iain kills a silver axe wyvern with Chrom.

Luka runs over to the thief and 1HKOs it while Iona easily 1RKOs a short axe wyvern. Allen heals her and reaches level 20. Raven moves up, while Iain flies up and kills a soldier. Robin moves up and equips a sword, Luna heals him. Iain and Chrom kill a short axe barbarian on the EP, and Chrom levels up and gets an okay level. Robin crit-kills a barbarian. Iain takes out a soldier and levels up (only HP). Another short axe brigand suicides on him and Chrom. Corin protects Iona from a wyvern rider, which is easily taken out. Luna takes an amusing 5 damage from a short axe wyvern, and she didn't even get hit. Miriel protects Robin.

I move Iain down to take out the wyvern that tried to attack Luna. Raven and Maia advance, while Amara gets an event tile. Allen and Iona also move up. Robin and Miriel kill a wyvern together. (Also, it should be noted that Robin is ENTIRELY dependent on Miriel's dual attack to kill stuff because he can't double. Luna moves out of enemy range so enemies from the south will suicide on Iain. He easily takes out several enemies alone. On the player phase, he advances and Luna gets her final level up. Everyone else moves up. Raven gets hit by a 19% hit on the EP.

Iain flies forward and in the range of several enemies. Raven kills the wyvern rider that attacked her, while Robin and Miriel kill a barbarian together and Iona crit-kills a soldier. Luka moves into the edge of enemy range and Maribelle heals him. Luka crit-kills a soldier that hit him on the EP, while other enemies suicide on Iain. Maribelle heals Luka again and gets a weird level up. Everyone advances. Maia weakens a wyvern rider that Chrom kills.

Maribelle heals Luna, while Maia weakens Mustafa. Luna heals Maia. I wanted Chrom to finish off Mustafa, but he doesn't double so I let Iain get the kill. Chrom dual attacks, though, so maybe I should've just let Chrom grab the kill ;/ Stage clear and another bad level up for Iain.

​Chrom: Ugh … what happened?

Allen: Welcome back to the land of the conscious, Chrom.

Luka: You know, you're pretty amazing at sleep fighting. Maybe you should do it more often.

​Chrom: I … what?

Olivia: Lord Basilio!

Basilio: Ah, Olivia, sorry we're late. Everyone, this is Olivia. She'll be guiding our way out of here.

Maribelle: Let me help you inside the carriage, Chrom.

Chrom: Right … thanks Maribelle -- whoa! *nearly falls when Maribelle loses her grip*

Olivia: Eek! *somehow manages to stop Chrom from falling*

Robin: … Well. This is awkward.

Amara: I'll say.

Here are character stats before I go into chapter 11.

Unit     Level     HP   ST   MG   SK   SP   LC   DF   RS
Chrom    15.69     34   16   02   17   15   17   15   06
Robin    19.33     34   16   18   11   14   12   12   15
Iona     18.92     29   20   16   14   17   12   15   06
Corin    19.67     43   17   10   14   13   11   12   11
Maia     16.84     33   16   14   17   13   11   11   06
Luna     20.00     44   17   23   17  *26   17  *24   24
Raven    09.85     52   23   17  *26   22   16   15   12
Luka     14.43     44   22   20   20   24   28   15   06
Iain     19.24     53  *32   13  *26  *24   22   21   10
Allen    20.00     36  *21  *24  *26  *29   29   13   19
Amara    11.58     44  *24   20   25   24   17   13   20

And now, I'm going to grind some of the lower leveled people and promote characters because I recall chapter 11 being rather hard with an unpromoted team.

Chapter 11

Chrom: Someone hold me back so I don't go march across the field and punch Gangrel in the face.

Corin: Okay. *holds Chrom back*

Olivia: Lord Chrom! Wait for me, I will help do what I can!

I deploy all the avatars plus Miriel and Maribelle. Everyone is at level 20 unpromoted except for Chrom, who is a level 1 great lord. Chrom pairs up with Olivia and they start moving down. Raven takes Amara and they move down. On the other side of the map I have Iain and Iona, Luka and Maribelle, and Corin and Maia. Luna follows Chrom while Allen follows Iona.

Iain, who has a hand axe equipped, is able to tank some magic units. Maribelle heals Iain and stands on the event tile behind him. Chrom moves down while Miriel and Amara stand around a bit. Iain tanks another mage and a wyvern. On the player phase, he hand axes yet another wyvern while Maribelle heals him again. Chrom stands on the event tile fort and waits for things to kill himself on him. Iain tanks mages while Maribelle is able to survive a mage. Luka runs over to where Chrom is to help distract some enemies away (and gets hit by a 16%, wat) while Iain tanks mages again.

Luna heals, Luka who got pushed down to very low health. He easily kills off the hero while Chrom takes out a mercenary. Miriel crit-kills a wyvern rider while everyone begins moving to the center. Chrom stands in the edge of reinforcement range, while Luka and Maribelle stand on a fort to draw enemy fire. Miriel stands on the center fort in the edge of Gangrel's range. Raven kills a wyvern while Allen heals Iain. Luna still takes an amusingly small amount of damage. Maia gets hit by a mage and would've died if both of them were in her range. Miriel kills mages and baits Gangrel. Robin protects her from Gangrel. Chrom tries to weaken a hero, but somehow gets hit by a 33%. Luka stays on his fort and kills a an axe fighter. Raven kills Gangrel because no one else could. Miriel kills a mage while Iain kills a thief. Corin and Maia kill a mage, which is lucky. Luna retreats onto a fort.

A mercenary suicides onto Raven and Amara. Luna survives and tanks a few hits, which is lucky. Maia and Corin weaken a hero for Chrom to kill. The last fighter on the map kills itself on Chrom before I can get the goddess icon chest, ugh. But whatever.

Lissa: Wow, I can't believe that the war is finally over! What are you going to do now, Chrom?

Chrom: I don't know, but I feel the strange need to propose … to Olivia! Will you marry me?

Olivia: Oh! Oh! This is so sudden, but … yes! Yes, Chrom!

​Robin: … What.

Amara: What?!

Luna: Huh? Chrom … but … you guys have only known for like one chapter and a bit …

Chrom: I know, but there's something that just tells me I should marry her.

Luka: Voices in your head. You should probably get that checked out.

Is it wrong that I'm following Sangyul's playthrough just for the dialogue?

Not at all XD

Chapter 12

Chrom: I don't know, guys, this doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Robin: I, for one, completely agree with you that this is a bad idea. Why are we going to war with Valm? What even is Valm anyway?

Amara: Well, you guys heard the khans. Apparently Valm wants to invade this continent. But …

Iona: But they haven't come to our shores yet. So this war is all kind of ridiculous and Chrom needs to be in Ylisse with his family and rule.

Luna: Guys, I hate to break up this interesting discussion, but look who's here to crash our party.

​Chrom: Valm … great. Looks like we have no choice but to fight.

Allen: Of course we have a choice. We're still in Ferox. We could just leave.

Raven: But what about the khans? They helped us in the war against Plegia, so Ylisse sort of has an obligation to them?

Maia: … You know what? Politics suck.

I usually do paralogues 3 and 4 before chapter 12, but I want master seals to promote people and I'm out. (I used the one I got in chapter 11 to promote Robin, while Chrom and Miriel promoted before him.) I deploy Miriel because I have room for one more person.

Cherche makes her appearance in this map, so I stick her with Iain to keep her safe. They fly over to the left to take care of all the cavaliers. Robin and Miriel pair up and take out the beast killer armor knight, while Chrom and Luna pair up to weaken the short spear knight. (PS: level 20 troubadour Luna has more defense than level 4 great lord Chrom. This amuses me.) Corin finishes off the armor, and the others crowd behind Chrom, staying out of enemy range.

Iain tanks all the enemies on the left easily, while Robin is able to survive two cavaliers and a paladin (with Miriel helping him finish off enemies). Iain kills everything but the paladin while Robin does the same. Iona crits the paladin to low health and Chrom is able to kill it. I stick Amara in front of Robin but with her weapon unequipped so she won't get mobbed and die. Iain kills the paladin and gets a master seal, which he will use to promote. Chrom survives to get Aether, Iona tanks a hit for Chrom, and Amara blocks one enemy as well. Iain kills a cavalier. The next turn has enemies closing in. Iain uses his master seal to promote. Allen and Luna heal people. Amara finishes off the armor while other people retreat.

On the EP, Robin is able to withstand two cavaliers (Miriel dual guarding him once) and take them out with her help. Iain is able to survive two cavaliers and a silver bow hit. The next phase has Miriel taking out the beast killer cavalier that didn't reach Iain. I move everyone out of range of coming enemies. Iain kills the second bow knight while Chrom kills a silver lance cavalier. Miriel takes out the beast killer cavalier while staying out of the armor's range. Iain heals Chrom with physic and everyone tries to stay out of enemy range. Luckily, people survive the EP.

The enemies are starting to thin out, so I send Iain and Cherche up and they take out an armor knight. Raven kills a cavalier while Robin kills an armor knight. Luka stands in the range of a short spear armor. Iain is able to dodge-tank most of the difficult enemies (including the boss). The player phase has him taking out the boss. The others run around, trying to stay out of enemy range while taking out enemies. Robin kills an armor knight and gets a weird level. Iona and Corin weaken a paladin and Raven kills it with a crit. Most of the enemies kill themselves on Iain while at least one cavalier gets to Iain. Allen. Iona and Corin also get in a kill. I finish off the phase by having Robin (and Miriel) take out a cavalier and Chrom finish off the last one.

Allen: Why are we asking Plegia to fund our campaign - a campaign none of us want to go on - again?

Iain: Because the plot demands it.

Cherche: If you stand back and do nothing, then Valm will simply swallow up your territory as well.

Luka: But they have to cross an ocean to do it. What's stopping us from simply barricading their way to the shore?

Maribelle: Darling, the Feroxi and the Plegians control the shoreline, not Ylisseans.

​Corin: Chrom … could we move Ylisse so it's on the shore? I don't think I trust Plegia and Ferox to get things done.

Chrom: What do you want me to do? Pick up the country and just drop it in front of Ferox?

Robin: That would be a good place to start.

Edited by Sangyul

Also, with chapter 12 out of the way and master seals able to be bought en masse, I promoted everyone. Here are their stats and what classes they are now.

Chrom    05.47     48   25   03   26   24   23   22   11
Robin    03.33     40   22   23   15   18   14   14   18
Iona     01.00     35   24   19   18   20   13   18   09
Corin    01.00     48   20   13   16   15   12   15   14
Maia     01.00     39   22   19   23   17   13   14   08
Luna     01.00     47   17   25   19   29   17   26   27
Raven    01.00     65   29   20   30   27   22   19   15
Luka     01.00     51   25   25   26   29   33   18   12
Iain     03.74     57   36   13   31   29   23   21   13
Allen    01.00     40   22   28   29   32   29   16   18
Amara    01.00     54   25   26   29   31   20   18   24
Chrom: Great lord
Robin, Iona, Corin, and Maia: Grandmaster
Luna: Valkyrie
Raven: Assassin
Luka: Trickster
Iain: Griffon rider
Allen: Sage
Amara: Dark flier
I'm going to grind for skills on all of them, but in regards to final classes, I can do one of two things. I can make everyone I am using a grandmaster (since I imagine that they all go to grandmaster in the end) or I can keep the classes listed above as their final classes. I'm leaning towards the first (and this is why I wanted Miriel, Maribelle, and Laurent as staff users in the first place), but I am willing to listen to suggestions on this.

I did some grinding in EXP Growth and Lost Bloodlines 3 with Olivia and the parents. Chrom is a level 20 great lord now. The avatars didn't get any LB3 action, but five of them have paragon now, which is nice.

Paralogue 3

Robin: Chrom, why are those villagers running towards the Risen?

Chrom: I don't know, they're Feroxi.

I don't have enough room to deploy everyone, so Allen stays behind.

First, I put Amara, Iain, and Luna in the farthest ranges so they can actually advance. Robin pairs up with Luna and they move as far down as she can go. Amara and Luka fly over to the event tile over on the bridge. Iona takes Raven and kills a short spear armor knight, while Chrom and Iain take out the archer. Maia and Corin are still troublesome, they don't have good stats, but Corin crit-kills an armor knight at least. Amara kills an armor knight on the EP, while Iona takes out a fighter and gets a decent level up. Corin and Maia kill a mercenary and Corin gets a terrible level up. Iain kills the fighter. Luna also tanks two the pegasus knights.

On the next phase, I move Luna down to take out the southmost armor knight. Iain flies to the start point to take out an archer, while Corin joins him to assist. Iona gets the blessed bow village while Amara gets the other event tile. She weakens a fighter with the last use of her lance, while Corin crit-kills a mercenary and takes out the fighter. Luna also tanks everything. On the next phase, Corin and Maia move down and kill a fighter. Corin still refuses to get decent level ups. Iain kills the archer. Iona moves down and kills the archer on the right part of the map, while Robin finishes off the fighter that Amara weakened. Amara also kills the fighter on the right part of the map.

On the next player phase, Iona kills the remaining mercenary while Luka kills the boss.

Iain: The Feroxi villagers don't seem to be very smart.

Allen: What makes you say that?

Raven: The part where they kept on running towards the Risen we were trying to protect them from.

Paralogue 4

Amara: I see a merchant over there. She appears to be in trouble.

Maia: Should we go save her?

Iona: I don't want to, but someone will make us go save her.

Deployed Miriel because I had extra space. Iona pairs up with Raven on the right and they take out a fighter. Allen, who is not paired with anyone, takes out an archer with ease. Iain takes Luka and kills the myrmidon blocking the entrance. Amara flies up with Chrom and kills a short axe bandit (but gets hit with 14%). Robin and Miriel team up to take out an arcfire mage, while Maia and Corin take out the barbarian in the mage's room. Luna takes out an arcthunder mage down the middle path.

Anna is able to take one hit from a mercenary and dodge a few others, which is all I need for her to survive. Robin and Miriel continue to clear out their side, while Robin raises his sword rank. Maia and Corin are good at dual attacking. Allen is able to take on a myrmidon by himself. I recruit Anna, then move her out of the way. Iain flies Luka up to a barbarian, catching up with the others and getting Luka a kill. Luna snags a staff from Chrom and heals Amara. Allen runs up while Raven takes out a mage. Maia and Corin run to rejoin the others. Luna kills a mage, as do Robin and Miriel.

Luka runs up and kills a thief heading for the northern treasure chest. Luna heals people while Anna goes for the lower chest. Raven kills the second mage while everyone else tries to regroup. Amara dodges a silver bow on the EP, while Miriel kills a mage. Anna gets the bullion while Luka gets a killing edge. Allen and Luna heal. Luka takes Iain and advances towards the rightmost chests. The others attempt to regroup still. Luka dodges a bunch of attacks on the EP.

Robin runs over and kills one of the mages with Miriel. Corin and Maia kill the other mage with their swords. Amara kills the boss while Luka takes out the mage blocking entry to the chest room. Allen and Luna heal. Corin dodges a 76% silver sword hit, weakens the myrmidon, and FINALLY gets a good level. Robin finishes it off. Luna and Allen heal. Everyone regroups. Once I get all the treasure and heal people, I move Maia and Corin into the range of the last archer, which they finish off. Maia's level wasn't bad either.

​Anna: So you saved one of my sisters as well? That settles it! I will come along with you to return the favor!

​Corin: … Are you sure you're not the same person we met before? This is really making my head hurt.

Luka: It helps not to think too hard about it.

I took a grinding break to level up the parents and to get some of the avatars to a higher level. Their stats after everything:

Chrom    20.00     60   38   05   38   32   35   28   12
Robin    07.96     44   24   24   16   21   18   16   18
Iona     09.01     41   30   22   23   24   16   23   10
Corin    07.41     55   22   15   18   17   16   17   15
Maia     07.68     45   24   22   29   18   15   16   10
Luna     07.33     51   19   27   21   30   30   31   28
Raven    07.15     71   32   22   34   31   25   24   17
Luka     05.60     55   25   27   29   31   37   20   13
Iain     05.48     59   38   13   33   31   24   22   13
Allen    07.67     43   24   30   34   36   32   18   19
Amara    07.47     60   28   30   33   36   21   19   27
Miriel   20.00     55   16   28   34   33   23   20   19

Miriel is a dark knight, and apparently she wants to punch things.

Chapter 13

​Validar: Robin … I am your father!

Robin: If you're my father, I have only one thing to say to you. … WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE? WHY WAS I WANDERING AROUND A COUNTRY THAT WAS AT WAR WITH YOURS AND DID YOU EVEN GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ME --

Validar: I hate to cut our untimely meeting short, but … I must be leaving. *warps away*

Robin: AAAARGH! GET BACK HERE!

I deploy everyone plus Miriel. Henry pops up and I stick him with Iona for this battle. Robin pairs up with Miriel and kills a myrmidon with ignis. Raven and Iain pair up and they kill one of the fighters in the bottom part of the map. Amara and Maia kill the archer on the left, while Iona and Henry are able to kill the fighter blocking the leftmost path. Luka and Corin take out a fighter on the right, while Luna and Allen pair up and go up. (It is highly amusing to me that my tankiest unit is a fucking valkyrie.) Chrom stays put.

Amara and Maia kill a myrmidon that suicided on the former on the EP. Corin dodges a myrmidon and crit-kills it. Robin takes out an archer with ignis. Luna and Allen kill things up the upper part of the map, with Luna taking 0 damage from most enemies. Maia flies over to a short axe fighter on the leftmost part of the map and lets Maia kill it and level up. Iona stands in the range of a myrmidon. Luka grabs a kneader from Chrom and heals Robin, who stands at the edge of enemy range. Luna runs up and kills a myrmidon with Allen's help.

Iona weakens a myrmidon on the EP, while Robin and Miriel take out a fighter together. Luna laughs at longbows. On the player phase, Iain kills a silver bow sniper while Robin and Miriel kill a myrmidon. Luka moves up, while Iona finishes off the myrmidon she weakened. Luna stands on a fort, and Chrom stands on the southmost fort. Iain manages to not get hit by a longbow, which is nice. He also takes out the myrmidon that attacks him. Robin draws in a longbow archer, while Iona weakens a reinforcement myrmidon. Chrom also gets in a kill. Maia and Amara kill the longbow archer while Iain kills the short axe fighter. Luka kills the longbow archer on his side while Robin attempts to move in closer. Allen stands on a forest tile and kills the longbow archer with Luna.

Maia gets hit by a fighter on the EP, which is not nice. But she and Amara kill it easily. Miriel and Robin kill a myrmidon while the silver bow sniper misses Luka. I have Robin and Miriel weaken the sniper on the player phase so that Luka can finish it off (with Corin's help). Allen stands in the boss' range, ready to counter an attack on the EP. Luna protects him from the boss' tomahawk, and her dual attack lets him finish off the boss on one turn.

Chrom: Olivia, this is our daughter. She's Lucina.

Olivia: … What?

Raven: Chrom, who's Lucina?

Chrom: You know. My daughter?

​Iain: Unless there is something I'm missing, children can't grow up that fast.

Maia: Wait. Chrom has a daughter? When?

This is the part where I access an early paralogue with second seal access and grind the parents to get the desired skills and good stats on their children. Which means Robin MIGHT be getting some grinding as well since he is a parent this run.

Edited by Sangyul

*Luna has 31 defense as a Valkyrie while lv. 20 Great Lord Chrom only has 28 defense* ...Dangit Anna! Stop playing with the money as you're rolling the dice! Also, wow, apparently no one cares about Chrom at this point. haha! Don't kill me.

Edited by mercilesscharizard

Paralogue 16

Iain: Chrom, why are we in Ferox?

Chrom: Because Basilio and Flavia needed a favor. Or something. I don't even know.

Amara: Don't the khans have people to do stuff for them? I'm pretty sure you have to be ruling a country.

Maia: Hey … did anyone else hear a girl scream just now?

Several attempts of this chapter lead me to conclude that I'd have an easier time beating it if Luna has more HP. I give her (and Allen) the two seraph's robes I have.

I start by pairing Iain with Allen and having Allen rescue Nah over. Luna pairs with Chrom and has him recruit her. Robin+Miriel, Amara+Raven, Maia+Luka, and Iona+Corin move down. Luna is the tankiest unit I have, so she leads the charge - taking out a risen and weakening a sorcerer. I have Corin kill the sorcerer. Luka heals Luna. Everyone else moves down while Nah goes to hide in a corner. Allen gets the EXP tile. The next phase, I have Allen use rally magic on Luna and she runs over to kill a risen with a new elthunder tome. The others move down.

Luna is able to kill all the enemies that charge her, so that's a nice bonus. I have Allen physic her, and Luna stands near the wall to draw enemy fire. I spend a few turns basically having her inch along the wall killing things one by one while staying in the first part of the map while Allen heals when necessary. Luna capped defense, fuck, she could use a few more points. Luna learns dual support and is able to kill everything in the first row. Luna continues to draw out mire enemies. She wastes most mire uses. I move Luka towards the chest room, while Allen trails after him to heal if necessary. Luka gets both items in the chest, while Luna wastes mire shots.

Eventually, all the mire sorcerers within range are gone. But now I have to survive the rest of the enemies. I have Luna hop into the second room and kill a sorcerer, then rescue her back to the main team. This triggers the bottom room to open, and Luna takes a pure water and waits in enemy range. I retreat everyone away and let Luna deal with stuff. The extra HP from the seraph robe seems to have saved her life on the EP. Everyone retreats. Luna reaches level 20. I somehow survive all the enemies, with only a warrior and an armor knight left. I decide to let the others take care of these two enemies, now that I'm not being swarmed. Iain kills the warrior after Amara weakens it, and Amara kills the armor knight.

I move everyone down, healing while necessary and such. I get attacked by a mire sorcerer at the top of the map, but have Luna kill it. I stick Amara by a nosferatu sorcerer to see if she can get in a kill. She levels up but doesn't kill it, so I let Raven do the job. Because the enemies in the last room won't suicide on me until I open their room, I have Luka open the door, Allen rescue him away, and Luna prepare to tank one last round of enemies. Allen heals her at the start of the player phase, then lets her attack stuff again. Allen heals Luna. And then, one more turn later, all mobile enemies are dead. She kills everything, and Luka gets the last chest.

Using the second seal I got, I reclass Luna into a dark flier, then stand her in front of the boss so she can weaken it. I disarm Chrom so he doesn't dual attack and kill the boss by accident. Iain gets the kill.

And with that, the chapter is done. 71 turns, lol. So bad.

Robin: We've been in here for so long I think I'm getting claustrophobic.

​Luna: Tell me about it … all those enemies …

Nah: Hey, thanks for saving me. Can I come with you guys?

Chrom: Well, if you wish it that's all right with me.

Nowi: Yay! I have a daughter!

And with that, I'm going to get second seals and train up the rest of the parents.

At least you did it properly instead of rage-Mire. I don't get why they can't get Nah and then walk straight back out the way they came instead of attempting to kill all the Risen. Would save a lot of headaches and cursing.

At least you did it properly instead of rage-Mire. I don't get why they can't get Nah and then walk straight back out the way they came instead of attempting to kill all the Risen. Would save a lot of headaches and cursing.

As a wise Quarter Guy once said, "And this is why I don't question video games! :DD"

And we're back! Everyone except for Cordelia and Lon'qu have the necessary stats and skills to pass down to their children, and I also grinded a few of the avatars (especially Robin, who's a father this run). A first attempt of this paralogue told me that I should grind more (and I do want to get the avatars onto their other classes), so here we go.

Paralogue 15

Stahl: Wow, Tharja! Isn't it amazing to learn we have a daughter together?
Tharja: Yes, don't you think so, Robin?
Robin: … Go away.
Corin: Could we … save this discussion until after we saved that girl?

I deploy everyone plus Miriel and Maribelle. To start things off, Maribelle rescues Noire. Robin pairs up with Miriel and they run up, while Raven and Amara follow him. Maia pairs up with Corin and lets him take the lead, flying to the left, while Luna does the same with Iain. They block the bridge. Iona and Luka go left, while Allen and Chrom go up.

Trial and error proved that Iona is the only person tanky enough to not take double digit damage. She's also fast enough to double, unlike Corin. She basically walls the bridge and absorbs all the blows, taking very little damage. (Okay, one enemy did get through to Corin.) At this point, I pull everyone away from the bridge as far as they can go. Robin and Allen stand in the range of two griffon riders, while staying away from everything else. Amara goes into a safer region. Maribelle heals Corin. The EP has everything kill itself on Iona again, with either ignis procs or Luka's dual attacks. A few enemies get through to Corin, but luckily not enough to kill him. A pegasus knight manages to Allen and nearly takes off half his health. The griffon rider at least has less hit. Allen dodges the spear pegasus knight and the tomahawk griffon, which is nice.

The next phase, Robin and Miriel kill the falcon knight. Amara finishes off the silver axe griffon, while Allen and Chrom kill the tomahawk one (although Allen gets hit at 23%, WTF). Maribelle heals Allen. Iona runs over to where Corin is and kills one of the bow knights. Allen kills the paladin, while Corin retreats. A bow knight kills itself on Iain, while the other one decides to poke Maribelle (and get killed). The enemies up north start coming. Maribelle rescues Iona over and she blocks the bridge. Robin takes the other side, while Chrom stands behind him. Everyone gathers around the bridge.

A silver lance paladin attacks Robin, but is sol-crit-killed in response. All the enemies seem to attack him instead of Iona, and he is able to kill all of them without troubles. (His defense looks deceptively low, apparently. Pair up bonuses really o help a lot.) At the end of the phase, all the enemies near the bridge minus one ranged enemy is dead. On the player phase, I have Allen weaken the ranged paladin for Luna to kill. Iona tries to intercept the fliers coming in from the left while Robin moves straight up. Everyone else does their best to stay out of enemy range. Robin kills a griffon rider that's moving down.

Enemies attempt to kill themselves on Iona on the enemy phase. But thanks to rally speed, she has a hard time doubling. But at least she can proc ignis to weaken them enough. She also takes little damage and Luka is good at dual guarding … somehow. She even kills an enemy while she's at a 54% hit rate. At the end of the enemy phase, only two falcon knights aren't dead. On the player phase, Luna flies down and kills a bow knight. Iona kills one of the falcon knights, while Maribelle rescues Robin down. (No more enemies up north.) Robin kills one of the paladins at the bottom. Amara stands in enemy range to protect Maribelle, and is able to kill the falcon knight and weaken a paladin. Corin kills the paladin on the player phase. At this point, I take a heal break.

Once everyone is at full health, Iona and Luka move towards the boss to provoke the enemies around him into suiciding on Iona. Robin and Miriel follow closely behind. Everyone else stays put for now. When Iona is finally in enemy range, all the enemies go after her. She misses the first enemy, but Luka gets a dual attack, which pushes him to level 20 and a perfect level up to boot. Most of the enemies seem to be ranged, so Iona actually doesn't get a lot of kills. So I move Robin onto a forest tile and have him kill one pegasus knight. Iona pokes a falcon knight. One falcon knight attacks Robin on the EP, but he steals his health back. Iona kills the griffon knight after switching to an axe, and Robin kills another falcon knight. I spend the next turn or two cleaning up.

After Robin kills the last griffon rider, Iona and Luka begin to move towards the boss. It takes time because lolarmormovement. Iona and Luka push the boss to 1 HP, but don't kill him. I move Luna towards an event tile and gets Gaius' confect. Luna finishes off the boss.

Noire: Oh, thank you so much for saving me! I don't know what I would've done otherwise …
Stahl: I'm so glad you're all right! I still can't believe I have a daughter! I want to know all about you!
Tharja: … *staring at Robin*
Robin: … Stop looking at me. You're married and have a kid with Stahl.

Chrom    14.94    *80  *44   12  *41  *42  *46  *41   30
Robin    18.84    *80  *41  *34  *37  *42  *45   37   42
Iona     14.51     71  *54   22   36   31   31   49   10
Corin    06.84    *80   35   18   30   25   26   35   19
Maia     06.16     59   31   29   44   30   27   24   17
Luna     03.14     68   31   37   28  *42   27  *36   34
Raven    19.79    *80   38   27   40   38   33   30   22
Luka     01.00     77   40  *31   32   42   46   30   13
Iain     04.60    *80   50   20   40  *40   30   27   17
Allen    01.76     58   35  *29   47  *46   38   27   20
Amara    01.68     74  *30   37   37   38   26   25   28