FE3 Pseudo-Blind Adventure!

Oshimos

I said I was going to do it, so here it is, my second screenshot LP: FE3 Pseudo-Blind Adventure! (Title Pending)

Essentially, Im going to play through both books of Mystery of The Emblem and record my progress here. Im going to start with Book 1, where Ill be using whatever units I happen to feel like at the time and get used to the feel of the game. Once book 2 rolls around, I'll probably set some limits, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

The reason that Im calling it Pseudo-bind is because Ive played through Shadow one and four-ish halves times, so I know vaguely what happens sometimes. Like, I know that Shiida/Caeda recruits a bunch of random males with her sex appeal, so Im going to probably use her in anticipation of that happening, and I know that I need all the star thinges for Starlight, so Im going to get all of those, and that kind of stuff. Im not going to look anything up, though. Also, my memories of the plot are essentially Marth was on an island and then got some balls and turned them into a book to beat Gharnef. Then he got the Falchion and got warped to a dragon and won the game, so the plots pretty much a mystery to me, too.

Anyway, before I start wallotexting even more, heres the first chapter!

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

X3kt2fn.png

The title screen! Im using the new patch, but the updated title screens apparently in the next version.

QyguOBQ.pngKQEAK4o.png

Lets do this thing.

ogoQdcq.png

Wait, Marth is 14? Thats like, a baby.

MXbVWdT.png

I agree

HKxx0O4.png4fcyq8l.png

Ah, gotcha, a timeskip.

rYuaV81.png

And heres the crew! Marth, Draug, Gaggles, Kain, Abel, Shiida, and Jagen. Im gonna use the NoE names for the most part, because theyre the ones used in the patch, but I may end up slipping up and flip-flopping. Or Ill just give them stupid nicknames. Also Gaggles has always been and always will be Gaggles

Q7Jp9Bx.png

The status screen. Im gonna explain things for people whove never played the game before (most people?) as I discover them. Units have two inventories of 4 items each in this one: one by their head for weapons, and one by their stats for non-weapons. Also: Marth has 7 move. Thats ballin.

bsSwrUd.png

Mounted units can use Lances while mounted, but can also dismount to turn into Knights, which are essentially Mercenaries. Thats why theyve all got lances and swords. They can mount and dismount whenever, but if its an indoor chapter they get forced onto their feet. Im pretty sure theres a stats penalty for dismounting, too, but Im not sure how steep it is.

qFdfnc2.pngop5LXGa.pngMKKvoId.png

Enemies have sick pixel art portraits. Ill stick them here whenever I find new ones as long as I can remember to. Also: enemies have Exp, which Im 90% sure is how much they give when you kill them.

1D8XsEC.png

Anyway: doing things! Marth gets the village since hes the only one who can in this game.

Ftj7QBh.png

The pre-combat window. You cant see your stats and the enemys stats at the same time, which makes seeing how much damage youll do/take kind of a piss off. Yay old things!

OYXExuO.png

The battle screens a pretty, though. Much nicer than the DS ones, imo, but Im a fan of pixely stuff. I also kind of hate everything about the DS games art style.

B8h95rj.png

I actually visited all the villages since Im still kind of lost, but this was the only useful one. If you look up at the status screens again, Weapon level is just a stat with a number in this game. How you know what weapon level you need for a weapon is a complete mystery to me at this point. (Dont tell me, its part of the fun of it being blind)

EdD7Rh2.png

I send Draug out to tank the pirates. He only takes 1 damage from them, but I apparently never capped it. Im 99% sure the weapon triangle isnt a thing until FE4, too.

szeY7O0.png

Seriously, 7 move. This kid is a track star.

d4HVAHX.pngInGuBLA.png

Gaggles and Marth pick up some kills. 32 is the magic number, this map.

6KgwYFe.png

I dismounted Jagen to see what all the fuss was about and he snagged a kill too, since he could apparently double. Apparently promoted units dont get reduced exp.

GZl298A.png

I leave Marth to dodgetank the herd of pirates since dodgetanking is the #1 specialty of all sword Lords.

Umc4Smf.png

My first level. He also got Weapon Level and HP, which is apparently at the bottom of the list. FYI, the level up fanfare is not what it is in all the later games, and its kind of jarring.

Wc6SqxW.png

My first crit. The game tells you what damage you do and take in a little window at the end of a battle, and its kind of just annoying.

HbyET8k.png

Also, if you cant move though a tile, youve got to scroll around it manually to get to one past it. You cant just scroll through and have it auto-path there. So much for burning RNs.

wQhya3Q.png

Thats quite the euphemism

APBd1rw.png

Ohhhhh united like united their forces. That makes so much more sense.

e8KNfos.png

This chick is not Wrys. Her Vulnerary is not Wrys. Wrys is not in this game. Im pissed, he was a cool bald dude.

f5Y7sOc.png

Shiidas first level.

3LqJZdF.png

Trading. Shiida I remember reading FE1 debate topics where people always brought up Shiida being able to use Jagens Silver Lance with only 1 WLev proc, and lo and behold, it holds true in this game too.

OdIBNjN.png

Gaggles takes potshots at the boss.

yyukHtm.png0UJ6OKG.pngPd3Ad3T.png

I was trying to feed him to Shiida, but Marth got another crit. Fortunately, hes growing way better than Roy ever dreamed of doing.

LemHiZV.png

And thats map 1 cleared

hHh2mra.pngS2kAhmL.png

He just kind of starts monologue-ing to himself

ayrW5ki.png

Nice, Ogma's pretty sweet. His friends, not so much.

NiJ1F3J.png

He's pretty much just a village telling me I can recruit people

Well, hopefully you managed to enjoy the first chapter. Itll get less This is FE3 and how it works and more This is an actual LP once I get used to it and things get rolling, I promise.

Edited by Integrity

Here’s the next chapter. It would have gone up earlier, but Castor had a bit of an… accident.

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

7h8UKy6.pngCJ57BwF.pngx382Hi4.png

Oh boy, start of the game bandit chapters are my favourites.

4ZuqKpp.png

You get the preparations screen right from chapter 2, which is nice. It’s pretty much got the same things going on as in the GBA games, except you can’t reposition your units.

UM6n6sE.png

There are definitely going to be more enemies on this map once it starts.

12JU6Pa.png

Also, if you save here, you get a cute little Anna

B2SeCgc.pngvhrpTaT.png

New units get. Ogma’s a beast. Also, apparently 7 move is standard for swordsmen for some reason.

JGD91YA.pngGgxk9Us.pngHhZpSFN.png

The axemen, not so much. Barst isn’t so bad, but Bord and Cord are like half of him, each.

QZhCBKl.png

Ogma’s really good. Crit seems to be skill% (or possibly skill-luck%, but enemies have their luck stat dashed out so it doesn’t come into play on my side), so his 11 skill coupled with the fact that it’s a 1-RN game means he crits constantly.

0G4C3AM.png

And here’s his first level. Pretty stellar, imo.

LGtJmeO.png

And here’s Draug’s first level. No, I didn’t miss the cap, he actually didn’t proc any stats. Something tells me he’s gonna hit the bench once enemies start actually hitting for damage.

KcP4ldv.png

Marth’s baiting out those cavs.

O4GLln4.png

Get owned

udylazE.png

A certain very blue redguy attacks

BzKxz50.png

Shiida brings him over to my side with the power of money. Fortunately, it’s out of pocket, so I don’t have to care.

UIngtDP.png

Gaggles gets the thwomp level Draug wished he’d gotten

5JeronH.pngLZ8aKPM.png

Clearin’ out some pirates

zIX8fVF.png

Abel gets a pretty great level. I’m actually kinda sad I’m not getting skill, though, with how strong it is in this game

5YqjBWL.png

I visited all the villages, but they’re all just boring start of the game how to play things.

M7dNiGr.pngnDOzqAh.pngPvA5LSy.png

More levels. Shiida’s is just one level, but if you get more than three stats it has to scroll since there’s no pretty window.

Dwysq6i.png29OremW.png

Will do, bald old man. I need a stick user really badly since Wrys ended up just being a vulnerary.

g4XSBMz.pngx7mgZ6e.png

Vs the boss. I sent Marth in to chip him down, since he’s pretty much my second best unit, after Ogma.

OpSfhhI.pnggsSHzV3.png

Shiida gets the kill. She was at too low exp to level, though. :S

XhOeP33.png

Chapter 2: clear!

UOR6lBI.pngpQMmyp8.pngj6M0XkW.png9SXYZVJ.png

Screenshotting long conversations is a lot harder in this game because they all just scroll through the one text box instead of having every sentence or two be a whole thing like in the later games.

So do you not want to know how to look up weapon stats (which tells you what weapon level you need to use them), because there's a simple way you can do that in the game itself (for weapons you already have, of course!).

Also Sheeda can actually use the Silver Lance at base. It's pretty nifty. You can reposition your units in the preparations screen, it just requires a little bit of...finesse.

Edited by Refa

I said I was going to do it, so here it is, my second screenshot LP: FE3 Pseudo-Blind Adventure! (Title Pending)

ZM, we need you!

Also, my memories of the plot are essentially “Marth was on an island and then got some balls and turned them into a book to beat Gharnef.

Absolutely lost it at this.

QZhCBKl.png

Ogma’s really good. Crit seems to be skill% (or possibly skill-luck%, but enemies have their luck stat dashed out so it doesn’t come into play on my side), so his 11 skill coupled with the fact that it’s a 1-RN game means he crits constantly.

Am I missing something? I thought the 1RN system just affected hit rate.

Very glad this is a thing.

Yeah, there's a big jump in the gameplay quality between FE3 and 4. I kind of miss the fixed exp. Imagine how much more stupidly good Marcus, Seth, Titania, etc. would have been if they'd gained experience at the same rate as unpromoted units.

So do you not want to know how to look up weapon stats (which tells you what weapon level you need to use them), because there's a simple way you can do that in the game itself (for weapons you already have, of course!).

Also Sheeda can actually use the Silver Lance at base. It's pretty nifty. You can reposition your units in the preparations screen, it just requires a little bit of...finesse.

Yeah, I found it out pretty easily a few minutes ago messing around in the preparations screen for chapter 3. I'm sure I'd tried pressing x on a weapon in Chapter 1 and gotten the weapon stats screen minus weight and weapon level for some reason.

Also, I know I can switch which deployment slot each non-Marth is taking up, but if you can't see the deployment spots than it doesn't do very much good. :S

Am I missing something? I thought the 1RN system just affected hit rate.

I was under the impression that crits were double RN-ed too. I've quite probably just been wrong all these years.

Also, I know I can switch which deployment slot each non-Marth is taking up, but if you can't see the deployment spots than it doesn't do very much good. :S

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe3.htm (if you ever need to "rig" the deployment slots, here's where you need to look!)

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe3.htm (if you ever need to "rig" the deployment slots, here's where you need to look!)

As useful as that would be, it definitely goes against the spirit of a blind run.

Anyway, here’s the next chapter:

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

5146RIL.png

If this is his biggest challenge then taking back his homeland is gonna be cake.

Pf68NZx.png

Weapon stats were there all along. Also, Javelins apparently have a whopping 20 weight. It’s a good thing that AS stops at 0.

GnZwPOx.pngF5PZOVo.png

Suddenly more units

W6dbkNs.png

Lena, you’re crazy if you think I’m gonna let you blow a Warp use in chapter 3.

uMcGLrL.png

Chapter start! Marth, Ogma, and Abel go west toward the boss, the rest of them go either north toward Nabarl and co or just sit uselessly in the deployment area.

7but9YZ.png

Th… thanks bald old man.

(He gave me a Devil Axe.)

ygGRMV2.pngRoA7FK1.png

I was having Lena stick back so that she could recruit Nabarl but apparently he’s another dude that Shiida has to flash her boobs at instead.

kW0yOu5.png

Here’s a bandit, by the way, since I said I was gonna show off the portraits. Sexiest Fire Emblem dude, right there.

ulZsk99.png

Barst and Nabarl prepare for the enemies

oOJfTih.pngWM31Mpr.pngESTAOx1.png

They don’t last very long

NiZKBeL.png79CE3uR.png

I have Abel bait in Hunters over by the boss and then have him dismount since he can only double with swords. His stats appear to be the same on foot?

WzX21Dc.png3Ciu702.pngFhvGoQS.png

Suddenly everyone levels up at once. Shiida got Skill on that level, too, but the others leave something to be desired.

UEWxOUd.pngkIHDNXw.png

Abel’s cutting it close. I might have stuck him in range of three enemies with 5 HP left.

juwVxiP.png

Castor decides to get a level too

rwGbGvK.png

Just the boss’ crew left now.

h2HSRye.pngeoZknxM.png

I’m not sure if Marth is always this great or if I’m just getting all of the luck back from my god awful Roy, but I’m not complaining. Also, I’m pretty sure Marth has a 5% Res growth at most.

XM7D1O5.png

I stuck Shiida here to bait a bandit…

uLrwaev.png9shmi0b.png

But they both went for Ogma instead. Great level, though.

jZsG9rn.pngckvpy0b.png

Dismounted strats

6MrUw05.pngrhsDKGt.pngp9JTCkh.png

Fed the kill to Abel

gCYJUm0.png

I certainly won’t remember you. The first three bosses all have the same face.

w28rvq3.png

Time to move on to actually plot relevant chapters

8cjGiMY.png

Who is this guy again? Marth’s advisor or something? He doesn’t get introduced; he’s just kind of here all of a sudden.

You could always start the chapter, note everyone's positions, and then restart. Does that go against the spirit of a blind run? Also, what will you do about the missable objects in book 2 that cause the bad ending if you miss one?

You could always start the chapter, note everyone's positions, and then restart. Does that go against the spirit of a blind run? Also, what will you do about the missable objects in book 2 that cause the bad ending if you miss one?

TBQH it's not like it's that hard to figure out that the items you need to get in Book 2 are important. Just make sure you check enemy inventories, open all chests, and kill all/most enemy thieves. In some cases the games make sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that you know to try and get certain items.

some items (like the ones in the desert) you probably wouldn't be able to figure out without a guide, but thankfully none of those are required for the good ending.

Edited by shinpichu

Another day, another chapter:

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

lW0O3Du.pngOHu89XD.png

Finally, an actual army instead of random bandits. I know they’re around the same, combat strength wise, but it feels better to be fighting something plot relevant.

kygcsiy.pngRnOXMdP.png

I don’t care how juvenile it is; from the moment I first got him in Shadow Dragon I haven’t been able to call him anything other than Hardon.

Also, I figure I’ll stick pointing out new generic units at the start of chapters, since they don’t really fit anywhere else:

TezS6zi.pngQd2r8yd.pngvnjUIGK.pngyRKsWfX.pngUFXML8G.png

…Archers appear to have forgotten to take their pants into battle.

QuwgPEa.pngANoL7SA.png

My extremely vague memories of Shadow Dragon have the Hardon brigade joining like, way later than this, for some reason.

hWTNDte.png78dvw5n.png

Two of the new guys are good

kkrczvg.pngjpcUGXS.pngUCPBzFg.png

The other three… leave something to be desired.

0YEdScX.png

Also: horsemen don’t get swords in this one. I kinda figured that would be the case. I think that means every class only uses one weapon type.

DJqJgpN.png

Marth’s squad heads out.

a1dOkID.png

Guess who didn’t check enemy ranges?

uVEAUzX.png

Julian best thief

18p8UwW.png

Something tells me that Castor isn’t gonna see much more use now that I’ve got Wolf

fyfoxD5.png

Nabarl is pretty much just bad Ogma.

EVNmE84.pngSOrtJ7Z.pngITg8LeQ.png

Obvious foreshadowing

FrUyjdk.png

Shiida miraculously survives a bow shot that I wasn’t expecting. For some reason I don’t seem to have any awareness of how far enemies can move yet.

LcZDAbO.png

Lena’s first heal. The music is not what I was expecting.

d3g1qYt.pngGyl2Phk.png

I wonder what the next chapter’s going to be like? :P

qdgX2pb.png

Draug hits level 3 and fails to proc a single stat yet again.

2qh0Kdo.png1Z3qoZD.png

Marth gets another village and I get my first magic user. He’s gonna be useful, since most enemies have virtually no Res.

0HMAfXs.png

Dem stats. If he wasn’t hitting Res he’d be hitting the bench.

Actually, Xcalibur usage would still probably put him ahead of half my guys.

pW6XAno.png

This is the point in the chapter where I abruptly and irrationally decided that I really like Vyland and started feeding him kills.

yEbcu6d.png

Despite Blizzard’s ~90 hit I think he missed at one of his shots every time I attacked with it.

7Drbukf.png

Thanks for the heads up, random alcoholic.

Ka9HOhj.png

One of the thieves had some pretty sweet loot.

rX5USyJ.png

Shiida’s getting pretty good levels; I just wish she’d proc strength.

pkXaF1j.png

I did not know this guy was on the map

NKqibum.png

Fortunately, Horsemen make great bait.

3aEUgsq.pngNZoLax6.png

He explains that they were going to execute him if he didn’t fight and she gets all upset he didn’t just try and walk away.

azqOfWr.pngjf4QMeO.png

This recruit convo goes on forever and just keeps getting more awkward

G8NflKM.png

Vyland’s first level. I’m too used to Abel spoiling me.

70HqbXO.png

Reinforcements started spawning and charging at me, so here’s Vyland’s second level. At least it’s stats I kinda like this time

7tVHauf.png5dsY7Ai.png

Shortly thereafter I was being overwhelmed and decided to rush the boss with Merric before either Lena or Vyland died.

tKaETTq.pngg3w0SE9.png

A nifty 5 stat level for Merric

5wO0Vbk.png

Wolf nabs a straggler before I gtfo

31UN7cw.pngHPUxeoE.pngUFxrV0j.png

‘Scuse me there Mr. Armour Knight, but my army’s just gonna squeeze on by you into this castle real quick.

Yeah fun fact in FE1 and FE11 there was actually an extra chapter between this one and the Ghoul's Teeth chapter. That was where you originally got Merric and Matthis. FE3 actually removed a few chapters that were in FE1 and 11, including the Pyrathi chapter, that one with all the Ballistas, and the one at Chasmir Bridge.

Yeah fun fact in FE1 and FE11 there was actually an extra chapter between this one and the Ghoul's Teeth chapter. That was where you originally got Merric and Matthis.

That chapter was actually after the Ghoul's Teeth, Chapter 4: Battle in the Lea. But yeah I dislike how they cut out some characters and chapters.

Out of curiosity, why group Roshe in the bad? His stats are pretty much universally better than Wolf's.

He's not "bad" persay. I consider every unit useable in some regard its just everything Roshe can do, Cain, Abel, Matthis, and Hardin can do better. He's better than Vyland though. Wolf and Sedgar are pretty much just ok. You are right Roshe is better than them. Until you play Shadow Dragon.

Edited by ViewtifulBo

Sorry about not updating yesterday; Imgur refused to upload my images so I figured I’d give it a day, since that’s worked for me in the past.

Out of curiosity, why group Roshe in the bad? His stats are pretty much universally better than Wolf's.

Yeah, what Bo said, Roshe isn’t actually bad, but other than his 1 Luck lead, Hardin matches or beats him in everything. Couple that with the fact that I’ve got 6 cavs at the end of chapter 4, and it makes him not so desirable as a unit. I considered Wolf good because he’s the best at filling his niche (mounted archer), which is something that only he and Sedgar can do right now.

[spoiler=Chapter 5]

NWEbIJE.png

That was their main force? It was like, 20 guys, tops.

wUh1pkE.png

“Reclaimed”

Ojfjvzb.pngBU4PYIV.png

New enemies. Mages are apparently terrifying lizard men.

1BgVXIH.png

Here’s the crew. I meant to take Wolf over Castor, but I didn’t. Castor will undoubtedly be better trained, anyway, so he’s probably the better choice.

l4W0rkH.pngWlZjI5U.png

The thieves aren’t random looters, they’re actually stealing on his orders, apparently.

fW77gr0.png

I traded Julian’s door key to Draug, since he won’t be doing much with his low move. I also didn’t remember whether Rickard needed Marth or Julian to recruit him, but luckily Julian was close enough that I could check.

23ym8Ee.png

Since it wasn’t him, I had Julian go loot the first chest.

59cNBYQ.png

Everyone heads off except for the two recruiters, who are unfortunately some of my best units.

DzlMsHA.png

The only thing I know about Rickard is that everyone used to think he was a pretty lady and not a dude. Like Lucius, but unintentional.

W1ZGEEm.png

I also get this old guy. Unlike most random old men, he’s actually really good.

kCWclDE.png1Fs9S4X.png

There was a thief by a chest up to the north that I would have needed to fight through a bunch of tough-ish enemies to get at so I just bit the bullet and blew a warp to stop him without needing to stress.

LrVG5e1.png

(Also Lena leveled from it)

2PjScqg.png

Enemy healers are a pain no matter which game they’re in.

LErFvzM.png

Ogma levels while soloing the top corner of the map

ObiOw6l.png

The thieves have started looting. Fortunately, I can just kill them and get the stuff.

i4dVtqd.png

Marth and the mages are too slow to be of much help yet, though.

OSKS0Y9.png

Hardin knocks the armour down a few pegs with a Silver…

Z3XCTlZ.pngJvd1yuC.png

Then Shiida finishes him off and gets a great level. Finally, some strength.

aen0AXZ.pngqiWUS7g.png6qHSkgK.png

And while we’re on the subject of feeding kills…

vD9LczV.pngsqIMM55.png

Hardin snags both his first level and some sweet loot. We’re getting all the cool things right at the start of this game.

X9yi8nJ.png

Magic is a lot less stupidly powerful than I was hoping it would be. Hitting Res is great but my mages have practically no Strength.

dbVQjPb.png

One of these days he’ll get a level that isn’t totally useless and then I’ll be the one laughing.

hHNtsmN.pngqMcHkpv.png

Ogma takes out a thief and gets himself another level. He doubles them, which is pretty nice.

OrhliM3.png9o2CCbQ.png

I had to use pretty much all of my units to take out all the enemies clustered at the top so that no one would be alive to wreck 1hp Ogma.

fvfClWM.png9AFoa0F.png

Vyland’s kinda too weak to do even finish most enemies off without a better sword.

WROXio7.png

Bishops make everything look way more exciting.

GwgZOSg.png

Last chest, and it doesn’t disappoint.

jJGYDKT.png

Oh yeah, you know where this is going.

KsSa7Xo.png

Healing Level. She only really cares about Strength, if she doesn’t get it than who cares.

nFxl9BX.pngKLRaATQ.png6IeeJbq.pngXfU3SN0.png

Levels while I make my way to the boss. The third one’s Abel, by the way.

LaEIVP6.png3I2HQMV.png

I can’t quite taste it from way over here, sorry. Try a ranged weapon next time, like 20 weight Javelins.

59ZpYWf.pngJHgKrCR.pngqGYzb9t.pngylKXdhn.png0UlJo03.png

Vyland and Merric tag team the boss. Vyland was actually the stronger of the two with the Armorslayer.

EbitFBj.png

And that’s the map

CiV79iO.png6Hx4x72.png25gZuBn.pngK1bO3rW.png

Nyna promotes Marth into a thief.

Yeah fun fact in FE1 and FE11 there was actually an extra chapter between this one and the Ghoul's Teeth chapter. That was where you originally got Merric and Matthis. FE3 actually removed a few chapters that were in FE1 and 11, including the Pyrathi chapter, that one with all the Ballistas, and the one at Chasmir Bridge.

The whole abridged retelling thing was the excuse that fe12 used to add in things like mu and the assassin subplot. (fe3 also cut a conversation that mentioned that the fire dragon clan was called salamander that was referenced in fe4 as the name of valaflame's dragon. That conversation is not in fe11.)

Ojfjvzb.png

Mages are apparently terrifying lizard men.

LaEIVP6.png3I2HQMV.png

I can’t quite taste it from way over here, sorry. Try a ranged weapon next time, like 20 weight Javelins.

I lol'd. Hard.

Hey y’all, I’m back with a new chapter. I’ve got a bunch of distractions going on at the moment, so updates might be a bit sporadic for a while, but I’ll have at least one up every few days. Conveniently, there are like 800 other LPs suddenly happening right now to distract you from mine not updating. :P

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

8wtgtn9.pngb2eeg9K.png

Onward we go!

M5XzUEk.png

Dude, there’s like 5 of them, chill

LygLxev.png

Is every battle henceforth going to be “Intense” or “The hardest” or something like that?

1rRHvpp.png2pqMSLZ.png

New guys. Dragon knights are fantastic, Myrmidons are Sevr from Gaiden.

i2dH9YI.pngfOk6285.pngdQ2VJdZ.pngFAvyzYb.png

These guys are here too. I wasn’t sure if they were faking me out or what, since the only one I knew for sure didn’t join here was Est.

i8YEITk.png

The crew. Unit limits are awkwardly huge.

eresS7R.png

Minerva gets off her Wyvern to talk to the General and it has a cute little sprite by itself. It’s most likely just the flying dragon Manakete sprite, but I thought it was a nice touch in a series that’s known for having people fly up stairs on their mounts.

MtMBUDJ.pngodPwiru.png

This guy’s kind of a dick

YhMjk3Y.pngxFu7v4y.png

I don’t understand what kind of dirty tactics she’s against here. Charging us with 6 fliers? Reinforcements from the forts? There’s nothing particularly nasty going on, all things considered.

TZtCbtU.png

Also my units ended up in the stupidest spots possible. All my two rangers are too far away to hit the archers and my powerhouses are too far from the front lines. Plus, Julian can’t reach the random outside door.

fkxDyfW.png

Also, you can’t fly over walls in this game. I guess they just didn’t differentiate indoor walls and outdoor walls, but it’s still pretty dumb.

BaJM2eL.png

I bought a few Javelins. I’m thinking that maybe magic isn’t buyable and I’m not very fond of that thought.

08Nxby9.png

The fliers have all started charging and I was expecting Minerva and co to GTFO so everyone’s fleeing for their lives

hSlQdNQ.pngWsiGxeX.png

… and I was fine all along.

oyDNMyG.png

Holy balls Dragon Knights have a ton of Defence

h8ckHte.pngwpgts8n.png

Fortunately they’re still bow weak

k803lDt.png

Merric level. Still no Strength.

C6GxyL9.pngUFUQr96.png

Still feeding Vyland

JmIFvJ7.png

With the Whitewings gone I’m on the offensive again

8Xc5drs.png

This is a much less threatening chapter without them

tFEdTpF.png

I was trying to wear this guy down but I forgot to check his stats and just wasted Blizzards

RTVDzVM.pngRqfkEdx.png

Don’t worry Bantu, I’ve got your Dragonstone right here.

lq7kOYH.png

…Maybe you should just stop talking and join up now.

Z174ss5.png

Lookit dem sick stats.

yTv3m0C.pngIZLxnBt.png

Vyland why won’t you return my affections I’ve been so good to you

1PMa4e9.png

Like, he’s only marginally less useless than he was when I recruited him.

Hq9djDa.png0bIgwJR.pngEB1mjyA.png

Abel baits the Armours

CvwFK0G.pngUe9MRIW.png

Then you know who finishes one of them off

0KRZ6gj.png

Wendell gets a heal level. The skill is nice, since he’s got 2 base.

Knt8bef.png

Meanwhile Marth has to sprint from Bantu’s village and won’t be doing anything any time soon.

D5gknxz.png

There’re the reinforcements I’ve been waiting for

jkj9eJn.pngDSuoMgT.pngcMvQdGG.png

Abel lives with a convenient 1 hp and gets a boss level while he’s at it

cepIC1Y.png2vdn4SB.png

Shiida gets one of them. She’s got great speed, but after seeing the Whitewings and their existent strength I’ve got a feeling she’ll be left behind fairly soon

ttWWNXu.pngIgeA1KS.png

Ogma takes on the boss and kinda wrecks him. Armourslayer OP.

29Ly0rP.png8vw6CMI.pngRkwlcVt.png

And the finishing blow. He’s just short of leveling. :(

RBI6CXJ.png

Then like three turns of waiting later, Marth makes it to the castle to seize.

v07rTR7.png

Then this dude whom I still don’t actually know the name of decides it’s a good time to pop in and plot at me about dragons. None of it was particularly mindblowing; it pretty much boiled down to “Medeus is a bad guy and has an evil dragon country also Anri killed him forever ago”

Alrighty, I’m finally back with another update! Sorry it took so long, I was really not expecting this kind of a delay. I promise the next one will be sooner.

[spoiler=Chapter 7]

aSW6Bzv.pngoTVLOsY.png

Oh good, I’m sure it’ll be a nice, restful visit.

XpIYnDY.png

Dammit

nuzGxS6.png

The only new enemy in this chapter are horsemen.

qNlkMeM.png

And here’s the boss. Yet again, he lacks a ranged weapon.

gRJYOdJ.png

The crew. I still feel like I’ve got a ton too many units.

XCne6rG.png

Conveniently, I get even more!

ZkO4gaB.pngWYai36D.png

Why would you ever use either of these guys? I’m pretty sure Ogma’s better at base.

8GK7jVA.png

Also Hardin and Marth start way the heck down there in the dinky little village with the fail-Mercs.

iYUvOiH.png

I trade over this sword to Hardin…

2PIMeVP.png

…So that I can send some Tomes directly to the convoy for more convenient access.

Also, the Shop music is way better than I was expecting.

w0l7Yh0.pngnbiyNhY.png

And then a few trade chains later, voila!

KZjQo9D.png

Plus this one. This shop came just in time; I was worried I was going to have to blow the entire Mend on minor things.

wS7agsV.png

Also the Armoury sells Killing Edges. In chapter 7. This is beautiful.

0A4z2lO.png

(The new Mercs are too shitty to even use them)

tKPZWPB.pngLlCHb19.png9i8TwQy.png

I had no idea how Manaketes actually worked in this game other than the fact that they were different than in the new ones, so I figured I’d give it a try. They just kind of shift on the map for a few turns. Sadly, it changes his adorable little old man with wings map sprite too.

3YQN9nK.png

I’m pretty sure “Enemies spawn from forts” has been a village tip three chapters in a row now.

SQp9Gm5.png

Also I left Abel in range of a Horseman and kinda forgot that Javelins mean that anything with any AS will double you.

YxlZCaS.png

And here comes the horde. Hopefully mountain Ogma can dodge some things.

649y9KG.png

A few of them go after Wendell and he leaves them in perfect chip range.

gQNqoNf.png

The rest throw themselves at Ogma’s sword in vain

sqgnyXg.png7jMFjmx.png

He gets the same level twice while he’s at it.

M4E1D9L.png

He also only dodges one of them.

tCTws6Q.png

Bantu best char

4PHLbfz.png

I sent in Vyland to try and wreak some havoc but Horsemen don’t take effective damage from the Ridersbane so he kinda pokes one for pretty much nothing instead.

W22QbhG.pngqyxAIP4.png

Castor and Merric pick off the ones Wendell left behind

LcZaS3Q.png

Then all the enemies clump up against Bantu but attack other guys

iEeu1OQ.png

Also: this guy’s got a Silver Axe as loot but is running away across the lake. I’m not using any axe users, but Shiida’s going off to take him out anyway.

HrDZWdh.png

Bantu 1-hits armours. Apparently he hits Res.

ZPAYHNj.png

Ogma hits promotable level. Still no promo items yet, though.

LBhocyY.png

Apparently enemies won’t attack Bantu if they can’t damage him.

SymHNp6.pngSkgsWJw.png33VzSDY.pngxAE4lsN.png

Level-less combat montage

QWxq2bh.png

Bantu’s degenerated from deadly to adorable again

5LBfKPg.png

Shiida fails a shot at the pirate because Sea gives a 30% avoid bonus.

nmDX0Li.png1L5bqcH.png

Vyland picks off an armour and gets his regular essentially useless level.

y8c7kkj.pngp7IhmsT.png

Speaking of levels…

oGtqz6H.png

And with that, most of the enemies are gone.

8ttY8sA.png

Merric takes out that last archer

rNVdixA.pngjtqFSzN.png

Shiida pulls off a risky (see: idiotic on my part) dodge and snags the silver

BIDY217.png

Y’all know how this goes by now.

Q3yKSmd.png

Psh, not likely

9GY2MRK.png

…He finished me.

FzytTdV.png

Let’s jump back here, shall we?

4VRp4Ov.png

Merric gets a way better level this time anyway, since he finally got some strength.

S4Ho3lW.pngFHtbB8D.png

The forts are blocked. That stupid box was really inconveniently in the way.

sbsbGkb.pngrzxI3B0.pngJnOLQts.png

That’s more like it. If anyone’s gonna get a lucky crit, it should be me.

mSl6kzf.png

Another chapter down.

fDSHU9p.pngYTjPAwN.png0zkjr8s.png

Suddenly Catria flies in

k3XbfoK.png

…And, she’s gone again.

Alrighty, here’s another chapter. Hopefully there aren't tons of typos, it's 1 in the morning where I am ATM and I'm kind of 3/4ths asleep after writing this.

[spoiler=Chapter 8]

9L8MsEL.png

Rescue mission time

Hp2Dtm4.pngLoNWqZV.pngPUAVX7y.png

It couldn’t possibly be a trap, she has boobs! Only dudes can be evil, obviously.

UjGx5cp.pngN0LiWCG.png

New enemies. Sadly, Snipers get pants upon promotion.

4UVcFTi.png

And here’s the boss. There’s some phat loot to be gotten this chapter.

8OuT3Qb.png

The crew. I took Ricard over Julian because everybody uses Julian.

3rtOLVr.pngJNSOjbw.png

She’s definitely not going to betray him

r7MujYX.png

Suddenly, generic enemy man brings dire news

AUcuGxV.png

A little horsebirdie told them.

zNJxcmS.png

This thief starts right by these chests and my dudes are like, four turns from making it there.

PtfJjae.png

Operation Ogma is a go yet again.

EqKCiEP.png5wSXIEj.png

Not today, thief!

ivhm0mU.png

Barely caught the cap. I was expecting it to scroll and show HP too.

DwhgOk6.png

The rest of my guys plod ahead as quickly as they’re capable.

NP7wFQy.png

The Killing Edge fails to live up to its name

JCN6w0p.png

Man, what a helpful village.

sBnRvwc.png

Apparently whether it’s indoors or outdoors is decided for the whole map instead of just based on the tiles like in Thracia. That’s convenient.

CusARrV.pngvvs2AhH.png

I apparently never capped it, but there’s a legion of fliers coming at me and Bantu’s 5 old man move and paper thin defences just aren’t gonna cut it

Nf1fhmi.png

Everyone else rushes into the prison for safety

N9KesVv.png

Bantu’s fantastic, it’s a real shame what they did to him in the remakes

PcZOuAt.png

Also he has conveniently just enough move to block the entrance.

9T1rbaU.png

Meanwhile I bum rush the sniper, but he survives the round

UL50F6T.png

Bantu shrugs off enemy crits like they’re nothing, then roasts puny ponymen for breakfast

6nWenYO.png

Also, super conveniently, Minerva doesn’t attack. I was really worried she was going to suicide herself on me.

i74SkRa.png

Ogma gets a chip level on the sniper

oG1HmX3.png9SSYGFp.png

Then Vyland finishes him off with an exact damage crit and gets another one of his famous shit levels.

aMq3n7C.pngqxYdWgj.png

Super nifty

NXnqj8V.png

Bantu got two levels this enemy phase and this was the only stat point he got between them.

4ZttGZP.png

Abel unlocks Maria’s cell.

CxgPG1V.png

I left Wendell in range and this peg decided he was a nicer target than Bantu’s certain death would have been.

NA4UHeF.png

Then this Bishop blows a Fortify healing off the 6 Damage Wendell did for some reason.

lbQW2Sn.png6JOCTYW.pngzVmF935.png

Holy balls Castor’s good. He even proc-ed Resistance, which I didn’t think was actually a thing in this game.

47uwACJ.png

Bantu’s transformation lasted the perfect amount of time

cDstl8k.pngBfH4Nwt.pngV4LQ8AU.png

Maria get. Guess who’s getting the bench?

It’s Lena, Maria’s a precious baby

QelbFC3.png

Here’s her stats; she’s got equal or better stats than Lena in everything except Speed and Skill, where she’s easily trumped.

D25dwQU.pngj0MBLQR.png

Minerva seems to want to make it to Marth, so I make a nice little path for her. Also, more loot.

Z7bKR6G.pnggUQwBiK.png

Nerva get

Ku9ZJNb.png

Next goal: Ricard opens the door and it’s time to rush that Hero.

V0AuF5D.pngBcWdhPx.png

Why do I even bother with Javelins they’re garbage

iTXrIeF.png

Killing Edge chip

YInMqGp.png

Another super convenient exact damage crit for Vyland

K9l9p3N.pngRJmxoIk.png

…And I accidentally healed the wrong guy, which you can do in this game. At least she still gets the EXP.

1RTYjSF.png

Oh jeez, I was not expecting those guys. Time to hurry up.

gNdjNiO.pngeD3bkmA.png

I fly Nerva over to the shops, but the only thing I buy her is a Silver Lance, since I’m still pretty set.

aMTQgJ4.png

Vyland picks off another defenceless holy man

TC3M77N.png

Maria tries to help but she’s pretty much stuck in these Pillars

WEroynz.pngT6CA1wk.png

Worldbuilding village

1elFMmP.png6C5KRXH.png

Marth vs the boss does not go as well as I’d hoped it would

fd0OIMD.pngxIroBjB.png

Those reinforcements made it to my army. Conveniently, Castor’s still fantastic.

sucahgh.png

Vyland finishes off the Bishop

zEzvkcs.pngEoxPp9L.pngrMxaQjz.png

Meanwhile an actually competent unit wrecks the boss

bRPWWhN.png

Some of them, anyway

YzWDG9f.png

One last thing before I leave for the next chapter…

KuajwR0.png

Aww yiss, Vyland best ponyboy.

sEC4itQ.png

And that’s that.

o852txE.png

Uhh, I’m pretty sure Aura’s female only. Or maybe it’s Linde only in this one? That would make more sense, lore-wise.

0GfpRYp.png

Oh yes, “Sad” is definitely the proper emotion in that circumstance.

ZkO4gaB.pngWYai36D.png

Why would you ever use either of these guys? I’m pretty sure Ogma’s better at base.

Says the only person in existence who has ever used Vyland. But seriously though, Radd has some pretty ballin' growths.

IIRC, in Book 2 indoor tiles did function correctly even in outdoor maps. Maybe it's a Book 1 thing, or just exclusive to that map.

Edited by Topazd255