Couple questions for a growing hacker

Halvos

First off, for those who have already answered a few of my endless questions, thank you it's really helping me learn how to do this.

Right now I am trying to do a bunch of things at once, I am probably over reaching but we'll see how far I can go, now no to the questions.

One: Does anyone know if and if so how to remove the limit of summons one unit can have in FE8?

Two: A few animations I've down loaded only have one sprite that plays all the animations at once in FEditor's animation manager and don't really seem to work in game, any ideas what to do here? The Blind Archer's Halberdier V.20 is a good example.

Three: I'm trying to add new entries into the Nightmare Modules for summons, characters, and classes by opening them in Note Pad with no success, could really use some help. I did manage to add the entry but in doing so I seem to have broken the sprite causing all the editing options to disappear.

Four: Is there a way to add units into a chapter without them being added to your main army? Such as in Chapter 5X of FE8 when you take control of Ephraim and his knights to take that castle but in chapter six they haven't joined your army.

Edited by glass124

The summon ability in FE8 really doesn't lend itself to more than one summon per character, so it may end up being more like adding support for new summons rather than removing a limit to them (especially if there is some required link between a summoner and its summoned minions).

"one sprite that plays all the animations at once"

I'm not entirely sure what that means

Only advice I can really give for adding to Nightmare modules is to review the data types (e.g. NEHU etc.) and make sure you are specifying them correctly.

I am not too familiar with events, but are you sure that chapter you're thinking of isn't simply adding them to your army and then removing them at the end?

The summon ability in FE8 really doesn't lend itself to more than one summon per character, so it may end up being more like adding support for new summons rather than removing a limit to them (especially if there is some required link between a summoner and its summoned minions).

"one sprite that plays all the animations at once"

I'm not entirely sure what that means

Only advice I can really give for adding to Nightmare modules is to review the data types (e.g. NEHU etc.) and make sure you are specifying them correctly.

I am not too familiar with events, but are you sure that chapter you're thinking of isn't simply adding them to your army and then removing them at the end?

As long as I can get more then one phantom from a single summoner, if I can't do that the idea I had for a chapter won't really work.

Let me put it to you like this. I need to insert the king animation from this link.

I'm still looking into it.

I don't know, it's possible. If that is the case then that is what I need to learn.

I 'member the Demon King could summon multiple summons but that's prob hardcoded

Inserting the king is the same as inserting any other animation

As for the last point if you make them NPC's they'll retain their stats but be booted off your army til they're made PC's again

I 'member the Demon King could summon multiple summons but that's prob hardcoded

Inserting the king is the same as inserting any other animation

As for the last point if you make them NPC's they'll retain their stats but be booted off your army til they're made PC's again

Hmm, the Demon King doesn't seem to have any kind of class abilities, out side of using monster weapons so if that's not map scripted then I'll have to try to find it with hex editor, if after hours of trying I do manage something I'll be sure to post it for everyone else.

As for turning them into NPCs I am looking more to remove them all together after the chapter. I was thinking about having a summoner be the only unit in a side chapter aside from a few phantoms. My idea is that you'd have to use the phantoms for most if not all of the work, I might decide not to give him a weapon depending on how things go.

This is also why I am trying to add entries into the summon editor module.

I think I figured out why the king's not working. I think it's missing both it's stranding frame and it's unarmed frame I also didn't see any dodge frames so I guess the file is just not complete?

Wait, can you bring the king's animation into FE 8? cause that is what I am trying to do.

Edited by glass124