• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Komeiji Koishi

• Pull My Devil Trigger

• Lance Masayoshi

Koishi & Lil'Alice forever <3

(Voted Subterranean Animism and Mystic Square, btw)

Also, you forgot Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, Double Spoiler & Inmaterial and Missing Power

Edited by ShadielTH

*raises hand*

I'm actually quite good at RPGs myself. Too bad I lost the game in a hard drive wipe out ;_;

If we're talking about favorite Touhou games... I have that spot tied between two games: Concealed the Conclusion & Mystical Chain

Concealed the Conclusion was a great game for me, also the first 1cc on Normal since I started on the Touhou fanbase. It also was the first game that made me cry on an ending. I still love it at this point.

Mystical Chain is quite a fun game too, even if you need some time to get used to the controls. Also, I love the call back they did to the PC-98, and the whole extra boss thing was an interesting concept (and a really challenging fight). And her theme. That remix of the Grimoire of Alice. It is just awesome (spoiler warning).

Although I really like the Touhou series, those two games are the ones that I liked the most.

Also, I think I may be able to have a match on SWR, if someone wants :3

Tenshi is not a difficult boss or rather one of the easier bosses if you know how to fight her but she starts off with a move that can OHKO your entire party and she uses it twice! There is only 2 ways to bypass Tenshi's autokill at start of the fight and I don't see people expecting it whether your a veteran to RPG. You must use Aya as your commander with her first turn skill and use Sakuya's private square or use Reimu's barrier spell. There is only 3 moves that is faster than Tenshi's at this point in the game. Alice's Cover which doesn't prevent from wipe as you can see in the video, aya first turn + private square to bypass the move, and reimu's barrier. Also those require grinding a good amount of P level. You can't level enough to take the hits without cheating.

I'm not saying you cheated or anything but you must be psychic to expect such a cheap move.

Took me a long time to find the video but here it is. Video here shows person using Alice's Cover where she takes all the hits and dies then Tenshi does another to finish off rest of party before you even get a turn.

Tenshi is not a difficult boss or rather one of the easier bosses if you know how to fight her but she starts off with a move that can OHKO your entire party and she uses it twice! There is only 2 ways to bypass Tenshi's autokill at start of the fight and I don't see people expecting it whether your a veteran to RPG. You must use Aya as your commander with her first turn skill and use Sakuya's private square or use Reimu's barrier spell. There is only 3 moves that is faster than Tenshi's at this point in the game. Alice's Cover which doesn't prevent from wipe as you can see in the video, aya first turn + private square to bypass the move, and reimu's barrier. Also those require grinding a good amount of P level. You can't level enough to take the hits without cheating.

I'm not saying you cheated or anything but you must be psychic to expect such a cheap move.

Took me a long time to find the video but here it is. Video here shows person using Alice's Cover where she takes all the hits and dies then Tenshi does another to finish off rest of party before you even get a turn.

I always stay sharp in any type of boss fight since I fighted Shinryu in FFV and The After Years. I always try to put up my best defenses right before a boss gets to act, if possible (expect the unexpected, I think it was). That is to say, I always count a "try" when a boss kills me after I get a turn to act, so if I recall correctly she caught me off guard with that move before. Also I tend to grind a lot on RPGs, just to be safe.

EDIT: No love for the first Touhou game ever, I see ;_;

Edited by ShadielTH

Favorite Touhou game. The Genius of Sappheiros Weekend - One of the best and hardest RPG game I have ever played. Very challenging boss fights which is almost non existant in most RPG games. Without looking at any FAQ, I don't see anyone beating Tenshi in the first try. Also 100% completion in this game is a huge grindfest but I love grinding!

My near 100% completion game save with over 290 hours. Missing 1 monster entry, 2 equipment, and 2 blue magic for Satori.

The_Genius_of_Sappheiros_Weekend_zps0799

Also enjoyed playing Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet which plays like SRW games.

Who's all playable. Speaking of fan games, have any of you played Touhou Mother? It's fun.

As far as casts go it's PoDD and TD, for me.

Edited by EmeraldFox

Discuss and post everything that was ever touhou here

My Touhou folder is 35.2 GB, do you really want me to post EVERYTHING???

Let's just start with a nice unbiased video with all of the Windows cast (except DDC):

Favorite Touhou game. The Genius of Sappheiros Weekend - One of the best and hardest RPG game I have ever played. Very challenging boss fights which is almost non existant in most RPG games. Without looking at any FAQ, I don't see anyone beating Tenshi in the first try. Also 100% completion in this game is a huge grindfest but I love grinding!

My near 100% completion game save with over 290 hours. Missing 1 monster entry, 2 equipment, and 2 blue magic for Satori.

The_Genius_of_Sappheiros_Weekend_zps0799

Also enjoyed playing Fantasy Maiden Wars Scarlet which plays like SRW games.

I'm currently at Stage 10 (Eientei, I already finished the annoying split parts) and I'm not sure how I should go about playing this game. Before the party split at Stage 10, I chose a dedicated team of 6 people and have been grinding only them, but now I'm starting to think it would be a better idea to train EVERYBODY equally. What would you suggest?

Also, that pic spoiled that Reisen is going to be a playable character for me... :(

Who's all playable. Speaking of fan games, have any of you played Touhou Mother? It's fun.

As far as casts go it's PoDD and TD, for me.

Reimu Hakurei

Lithos M Gorgon

Cirno

Nitori Kawashiro

Sanae Kochiya

Aya Shameimaru

Fujiwara no Mokou

Reisen U Inaba

Remillia Scarlet

Marisa Kirisame

Alice Margatroid

Sakuya Izayoi

Patchouli Knowledge

Yuugi Hoshiguma

Byakuren Hijiri

Satori Komeiji

Youmu Konpaku

My Touhou folder is 35.2 GB, do you really want me to post EVERYTHING???

Let's just start with a nice unbiased video with all of the Windows cast (except DDC):

I'm currently at Stage 10 (Eientei, I already finished the annoying split parts) and I'm not sure how I should go about playing this game. Before the party split at Stage 10, I chose a dedicated team of 6 people and have been grinding only them, but now I'm starting to think it would be a better idea to train EVERYBODY equally. What would you suggest?

Also, that pic spoiled that Reisen is going to be a playable character for me... :(

Keep leveling the same characters that you like to use as your main party. Every boss not including Tenshi or the final boss in game can be beaten in many ways. Catching up in levels takes very short time since exp scales vs monster level. My first time playing I spent a lot of time grinding on all characters equally every level which is wasting a lot of time. Took me over 140 hours to just get to post game without using any FAQ vs 30+ hours knowing everything about the game replaying it.

I remember the first time I played this game before any of the recent patches. If you died in a dungeon you lost everything you found from monsters including every chest you opened is put back in the level. That was some hardcore grinding days. Also there was no easy mode for this game in the option and the drop rate on items are infinately better now. I know people who have quit due to the frustration of losing items. I'm a horrible person calling them quitters and losers who depend on gameshark. I was joking but the comments I got back from them was amusing.

Oh, don't worry, I have a no-deaths, no-consumable-items policy, so I just reset if I die. So I never experienced the item loss myself and wouldn't raegquit because of it.

I guess I can ditch Aya, Satori, Reimu, Alice, and Sanae then.

Oh, don't worry, I have a no-deaths, no-consumable-items policy, so I just reset if I die. So I never experienced the item loss myself and wouldn't raegquit because of it.

I guess I can ditch Aya, Satori, Reimu, Alice, and Sanae then.

please no

Threads Touhou-related to keep track of:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44914 (Touhou Chat Thread (This thread duh))

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=36413 (Touhou Sorter Thread)

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42495 (Touhou Art Thread)

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=44927 (Touhou Music Thread)

I only picked the threads that don't have stupidity (that shipping thread was stupid) or were a forum game, so we still have a long way to go.

Edited by ZeeEmm

There is no item loss with the more recent patches which most likely everyone should be using. The English patch only works on the recent versions unless you happen to find a older prepatched game. Also you won't be able to get every formation in the game unless you die a certain amount of time.

Well, Sanae is the best support unit in the game (buffs+healing), but well, Byakuren can buff and attack with Dark Magic, while Reimu can heal and attack with Light Magic. So yeah, if I use Sanae, I would likely have to get rid of one of those two.

SirUppercut, do you have any suggestions on what units I should use? I wanna use Sakuya and Patchy because I like them (and Sakuya is a hyperoffensive physical monster anyway). Who else would be useful to train?

For normal mobs I use Sakuya, Sanae, Moukou, Patchouli or Sartori(assuming you got most of her useful spells especially Mindblast is really awesome with super quick casting always going first), Marissa, Commander Aya

Bosses its either Sakuya or Youmu, Byakuren, Alice, Sanae, Aya Commander

Sartori is also a healer and can even revive as well. Very useful depending on what spells you learned.

Buffs stack with Sanae and Byakuren. Also Byakuren has more potent buffs. IND also determines how strong her buffs are. Also affects Sanae as well but better to have IND items on Byakuren for buffs and debuffs.

Formation Hinatori Skydance for trash mobs

Bosses depends who I'm fighting but mostly same formation.

Edited by Siruppercut

just a bullshit test video, trying out some random things. a real video will be later, and I'll translate and explain and shit. Also, work out the sound sync issues, etc.

You can tell me whether or not it's good. I usually use either Camstudio or Camtasia, depending on my mood/needs/etc.

For normal mobs I use Sakuya, Sanae, Moukou, Patchouli or Sartori(assuming you got most of her useful spells especially Mindblast is really awesome with super quick casting always going first), Marissa, Commander Aya

Bosses its either Sakuya or Youmu, Byakuren, Alice, Sanae, Aya Commander

Sartori is also a healer and can even revive as well. Very useful depending on what spells you learned.

Buffs stack with Sanae and Byakuren. Also Byakuren has more potent buffs. IND also determines how strong her buffs are. Also affects Sanae as well but better to have IND items on Byakuren for buffs and debuffs.

Formation Hinatori Skydance for trash mobs

Bosses depends who I'm fighting but mostly same formation.

So, from what I can deduce, Aya should always be the commander (though I may need Mokou instead due to how strict I am about no-deaths), and I should train everyone except Reimu and Nitori. Or should I train them anyway, because of Light Magic and Elemental Physical niches, respectively?

I haven't actually gotten much useful stuff for Satori but I can probably cheat and look up a guide to get her what she needs. Is she worth it though?

Disreguard the buffs stacking. Debuffs do stack if Byakuren casts PAtk Down and Sartori casts PAtk Down/Matk down. If you buff yourself with say PAtk from Sanae and buff with Byakuren PAtk it will overwrite the other one. You can only have up to 5 buffs or debuffs active. You can also check the duration of the buffs by I think it was L button.

For normal encounters Aya is good as commander because 25 points into one of her skill tree prevents surprise attack 100%. Also I like using magic users and Potchy is extremely slow and Aya has 10% casting speed bonus.

For bosses you don't need Aya but the 10% casting speed and being able to go first before the boss gets to act is nice. Moukou is very good also for the revives but I would replace Sanae for Sartori unless the boss uses status effects. Also Youmu as commander which halfs resistance is useful if the boss is extremely resistant to Byakurens debuffs PAtk Down and Def Down debuffs.

Sartori is a very good character. I didn't play Sartori the first time I played but after getting all the spells and figuring out how to use them properly she very good at everything. Physical spells are affected by her weapon. Example Tenticle Attack piercing type will deal stupidly low dmg even late game 500ish but when you equip Gungnir spear with high piercing damage she deals over 2k dmg with Tenticle Attack. Some of her post game spells are extremely powerful like Punish the Judgement which is the best light damage spell.

Spells worth getting Mind Blast(extremely quick casting spell deals dmg and can also paralyze), Leaf Shield(blocks any 2 attacks), Area Heal(cheap aoe healing with low charge time), Mad Thunder(most powerful lightning attack hits 2-3 times randomly learn from Boss Stage 13), Mass Heal(multi heal) Sunburst, Dispel, and Clearance(status cure). If you don't learn Mad Thunder from stage 13 boss, you will only have a chance to learn it at the last stage of the game from a super rare encounter or boss.

Nitori is useless only thing decent is chasers and even then its only good with multiple targets. You can use Byakuren to enchant elemental properties to any of your physical attackers. Which is one of the reason why she is so good in boss fights when exploiting their weakness. Reimu is worth using for certain fights mainly her barrier spells and ability to increase light land property extremely fast.

Useful info: Shield Evasion is the block rate for the shield. You only get the bonus of the shield applied if you successfully block. Reason why most of the Large Shield even though they have good stats are completely garbage because of the low block rate. Sakuya can't use a shield with 2 handed swords but equipping a shields that give 5% or 10% dmg boost is still applied. IND affects status buff potency, chance to land status debuffs, this includes weapons that trigger effects as well. Say you have Sakuya with instant death effect on a attack, higher IND will make it more likely to trigger death.