TheMoniker

Hello everyone, and welcome to...

The CHAPTER 7 PRELUDE!

vLGomCi.pngSr1nTkJ.png8E2xIoT.png

Hurrah, we're a three-nation team now!

VOF8Ita.png9FoNDJM.png

Seems like a simple mission...

VRGMuey.png

But then the game starts giving us Geryon info, implying we're gonna go on a huge sidequest of sorts there. I can't say for sure, since I haven't actually played past this chapter yet.

E0ogulj.png

N: Power struggles are a regular occurrence as is spying, backstabbing, and manipulation. This hostility often leads to civil warfare between provinces. Attacks can be swift, sudden, and merciless…

5RKOget.pngx863hA9.png

This patch has 10 chapters, and no more gaidens...we're getting close guys. We're getting close.

PZud4bz.png

We start with...a flashback?

RxKGUD6.pngSzpyO6V.png

It's Vance's backstory! And just after I said I wanted to know more about it!

Granger(?): I want everyone in formation on the double!

JQXkK8l.png

Reddier 2#: What’s the matter? Afraid yer hair ‘ill get wet?

Bludier: Stow it ya lump!

RAT2Meh.pnglZ2QRax.png

Everybody keeps moving forward, but Vance goes way slower than the others for some reason...

S7KEi8w.png

Whitedier: Eh, looks like Vance ‘ere’s about to drop. What’s wrong Vance? Can’t take a ‘lil jog?

Vance: …..

IqP4uOd.png

They move forward a little bit more...

mCMI7cq.png

And then Vance collapses...he appears to have Nil's or Zephiel's sprite, but without a cape. I can't remember which.

Whitedier: What a chump. Come on, Vance, up and at ‘em.

kGGXOtT.png

Bludier: Come on now, Vance. No sense laying in the mud like a dog.

Reddier 2#: It’s no use. The guy can’t take the heat.

SezAxLJ.png

Whitedier: I was expectin’ you to be sumthin top notch. A start recruit showin’ us how it’s done.

Well, that's new info! I guess that explains quite a bit...

i5nMTsq.png8MXh4sU.png

Granger(?): Recruit! On your feet!

OxxL7kC.png

Well, it apparently wasn't for lack of effort.

Reddier 2#: Pathetic.

y71NLl4.png

Guess it's time to leave...

?????: Hellooo, Vance!

rVmtNlD.png

Fade to...white?

QGBWzus.png

And that's the end. The scene seems to be creating buildup for some more future backstory, as it's kind of hard to interpret right now, due to a lack of information. Still, this just serves to make me more curious. Vance's backstory is actually done really well!

Of course...this may come to nothing if we don't get answers in the last few chapters of this patch.

Torie: Hey, you were spacing out on us. It’s not like you to daydream.

Buck: Is something wrong, Vance?

Vance: No. I was just…thinking.

Torie: So chief, what’s today’s agenda?

Vance: General Raizen asked us to visit this town. We’re to purchase supplies. Food, drink, medicine…looks like we need the basics.

Buck: Sounds easy enough. All the fighting we’ve been doing is wearing me out. Something less stressful is fine by me.

Ava: Agreed. A respite from battle is something we’re in need of. Our spirits are in need of rest just as our bodies are.

Vance: Hmm… Alright, we’ll take it easy today. We’ll pick up the supplies a little later, then.

Buck: Sounds good to me.

Torie: Me too!

Ava: Mmm…

Vance: Oh, before I forget,

COO0dNr.png

Money! It's very important!

Vance: Here’s everyone’s cut of it. Don’t blow it all in one place.

3LgcObZ.png

That should be enough.

bYBOjJq.png

What, you thought this would be a peaceful chapter?

rwXuFmN.png

Hey, look at this guy! I know he's a splice, but he's definitely one of the more interesting ones I've seen.

Interesplice: Time to show these fools the Gravul clan means business! Let’s go, boys! The chief has been waitin’ weeks for an openin’! Strip this town to the bone before any Talvuls show up! Bring anythin’ worth anythin’ over here!

Wf39eum.png

Yup.

E7NuYdY.pngfbf8YdG.png

Interesplice: Hey, loosen up! With the Talvuls gone we’ve got smooth sailing ahead, haha! Now get out there and do some pillagin’.

New guy: Wait, pillaging? I thought this was a liberation mission. You said yourself that we were going to free the people.

Interesplice: We’ll free ‘em from the Talvuls. Yeah, that’s what we’re doing. Bunch of goodie two-shoes those are. That ain’t no way to get anywhere in the world. You gotta look out for yourself and take what ya can.

RmieOFd.pngJPlCB4p.png

Ha!

New guy: B-but, that’s stealing!

Interesplice: Are you dumb? I said we’re here to PILLAGE. This place is easy pickin’s! The Gravul clan ain’t gonna be denied. This town is ours now. And if you don’t want an axe stuck in ya, get out there right now and take somethin’.

0hXgMly.png

New guy: I should’ve listened to Mother…

pOKdKWq.png

Braxton is a pretty funny guy.

usFwyxQ.pngIqptLdc.png

Buck: We’ve got company!

Vance: Oh, for the love of…

Ava: Vultures have come to pick off the town. If I had to guess, it’s probably the Gravul clan. They’re fond of taking advantage of others. What will our response be, Vance?

Vance: We throw them out. That’s what. Sounds like you know about these thugs.

Ava: I’ve encountered their ilk before. If we don’t hurry, they’ll strip the town bare.

Vance: There’s no time to waste, then.

Vance: Let’s go!

END DIALOGUE

uju9gFn.png

This chapter...it may or may not be intended by Prime to be "slower" and a break from all the other chapters. But as we will see, in gameplay, it will definitely hold its own.

4D7UlPz.png

We need to leave 2 dudes behind. I decide to let Ava and Corvan be the victims of the prep screen. In retrospect, I maybe should've left behind someone less...amazing, useful, and helpful in every way. I thought this would be a fast chapter, but I ended up being wrong...

o9RGzkl.png

I M SOZ GUD AT DIS G4ME

To be honest, I'm shocked I've managed to maintain 5 tactics stars. Normally, that's the FIRST thing to go in the woodchipper!

67Q4dh4.png

Good enough for me.

ZjExKLz.pngYABr3jj.png

You know, none of the bosses so far seem to really be anything too amazing...I'm sure that will change eventually. The swordsreaver might hurt, but careful planning will mitigate any threat.

wwIRF5X.png6YEMeXB.pngykDPPoU.png

Braxton...oh Braxton...he is a weakling in story, but most certainly NOT in gameplay. He is better than the boss(who he just backed down from) in almost every way, and he comes with good weapons and ranks. Watch his performance in the chapter, and...to be honest, he's really kind of OP. I think he might actually need a nerf.

I want to try something...

rxP9Vjz.png

byZdsyR.png

The maps are literally one tile away from connecting perfectly! So close... Oh well, the interfaces would have made it imperfect anyways.

8iAyJ91.pngvpxxgjA.png

There are two talks in this chapter, which I will show off in the conclusion. I used savestates to get the Ava one, so hopefully it isn't secretly required for anything...

BRAXTON'S GROWTHS:

HP: 80%

Strength: 45%

Skill: 35%

Speed: 40%

Luck: 45%

Defense: 40%

Resistance: 30%

Total: 315%

Woah! I could understand those awesome-tier bases if he had growths that put him in the Oswin archetype, or maybe a crippling weakness of some kind...but nope, his growths are just as beatiful as every single other part of him! I can see this guy becoming a star player in no time at all, assuming he doesn't get screwed over...

NEXT TIME: This is supposed to be RESTFUL?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said in the readme the tactician start requirements are still their vanilla values. The only rank that's accurate is survival. which is tanking for you
Braxton was low tier before the recent update so we'll see how he turns out now. If he's too strong I'll nerf him a bit.

Hurrah, we're a three-nation team now!

more like 2 nations + 3 units

The Road to Ruin: Episode 11: Chapter 7: Chapter 5 Memories

wi8WBXV.png

Okay, our immediate concern is to secure the houses. As you can imagine, while I pursue this simple goal, the enemies will force me to sidetrack, and by the time I finally have this tiny objective secured, the chapter is basically over.

Let's get started!

EVvnUrx.pngBlw37V3.png

Generic description, and the armory right next to start contains lots of very ordinary weapons. But there's another one close to the top, I wonder what it contains?

SGI7XXC.png

Our setup for the first turn. We must CAREFULLY advance.

mnEaDvA.png

I set a Torie trap, and it sort of works.

E74oZgT.png0fQkpJz.png

mjnl5me.png

A few more dudes come out. Trust me, there's a LOT more.

8vkmPuf.pngi93pGUb.png

WHAT THE HECK

BJnEYyk.png

The tree Torie crashed into also explodes.

2EmthuN.png

AGHHHHHH! He does at least dodge the counter...

OaXCgAo.png

Kristoph gets doubled. Wheee.

Tigz841.png

Gee, would you look at that, TONS OF ENEMIES. There would be less if certain people didn't keep MISSING!

4oPoDtp.png

At least SOMEONE is doing well for themselves.

75iEpUI.png

Am4OSFt.png

Kristoph need speed. Seriously, this guy is turning into the master of none I feared he would become.

rt6qWok.png

YES! AT LAST! A SHRED OF MERCY!

Y0BBpVz.png

Unfortunately, this was all I could kill.

2jz2CzH.png

Healing level!

qR8utCk.png

Crap, I forgot about Braxton! Well, at least he's in recruitment range now.

tYT2Qvl.png

Our team still isn't the best at dealing with mages...

sW6m8ra.png

PHEW! Of all the units around, Vance is the only one who hasn't failed spectacularly, or at least not that often.

MvPqYbB.png

More archers down here...all the memories of chapter 5 are coming back...

T1srgtV.png

Grrr...we MUST kill this guy...it seems impossible, but remember...

sCUN51z.png

We have a man on the inside.

Vance: Hey, you. The town’s defenseless, so you just move in, huh? You think you can just have your way here? Get ready, brigand.

L6IYLY7.png

Vance: Right…and I’m the mayor of this town.

gwXJIMd.png9jQTuZj.png

That reminds me, I forgot to say earlier, I think the Vance flashback scene would be even MORE gooder if you made Vance's portrait look younger.

Vance: I was being sarcastic.

Braxton: O-oh… I-I see…

Vance: So tell me, if you’re not one of these buffoons, what are you doing here?

Braxton: I…uh…got tricked into doing this. Their leader…spun a pretty good tale.

Vance: Why am I not surprised?

Braxton: L-look, he’s threatening me with an axe to the gut! You just gotta believe me!

Vance: .... Alright, fine. Come with us and help kick these fools out of town. What’s your name?

Braxton: I’m Braxton. I’m just a simple wandering knight.

Vance: Alright, I’m Vance. I lead a mercenary troop.

Braxton: Are you for real this time? Or being uh…sarcastic?

Vance: ….. Yeah, I’m being ‘for real’.

Braxton: Phew, that’s a relief. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been tricked. People always sayin’ they’re a king or a knight… Then they turn out to be just a peasant.

Vance: Um, I think they were just playing around with you. Just a few fun jokes to lighten the mood, you know?

Braxton: Man, really? I always fall for it. Every time they get me.

Vance: …What is it with this guy?

I can tell already, Braxton is gonna be a good character.

VzBjlZP.png

Braxton gets started on MURDER.

bDV4gpz.pngYwE7SQ1.png

Heal! Those mages are dangerous!

EHIWzFg.png

Everyone dogpiles Braxton, but at the last minute he comes out on top, of course. You know, the RNG loves screwing me into a terrible situation, and then dragging me out of it at the last second.

s6nZUEA.png

Just look at this guy. Best unit.

QsJxTj0.png

We MUST get rid of those mages!

cVQez06.png

Oh wow!

CIt7KhN.png

Is it wrong that I just LOVE doing this to enemy archers?

mWAcbRH.png

Let's increase our loot supply!

yEg28nX.png

Girl: Unfortunately, there’s not always one around when you need them. Here, take this elixir. It can be your healer in your pocket!

n2ZsN3E.png

Torie actually has one already, thanks. Of course, more is always better.

P5R1QWk.png

Even MORE.

qlkAKwu.png

This looks like something of a failure...but wait...

Z3KRfKP.png

This hasn't gotten to the point where it's hilarious. Not QUITE yet.

KoCMpHx.png

I don't want Melusine getting owned by the mercs!

Cjsnscn.png

They all go for Hugo instead.

kMpipls.png

Excellent levels this chapter!

hhdg3Ne.png

SEE THE LIIIIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTT

sQnRSjW.png

t8h1koX.png

Again, even a bad Vance level has good things. Of course, now that Braxton exists, he isn't the STAR PLAYER anymore.

NcMoWwe.pngkIJNi0k.png

Random girl: Even the goddesses balance each other. Iona and Merine never really got along. Iona uses light magic and Merine uses dark. Iona always beat Merine which made Merine jealous. But, Momma said Iona also likes lances. So, Merine decided to use an axe against her. Axes beat lances but light beats dark so they balanced. At least I think that’s what Momma told me.

JvKWwn7.png

1Q830JT.png

Braxton re-gets his first level, and it's a lot better!

PCRMxgJ.png

Hopefully that shop has heals...

5WAq6bZ.pngBcQbXrn.png

Both the top and bottom spawn more units. At this point, we're just cleaning up.

dr8LbWi.pngtj43Jhe.png

I wasn't actually expecting that to hit...

FeURALE.pngPV1Nnsx.png

Just look at this. I doubt I would be wrong in saying that I have a fairly blessed Hugo, and Braxton just outmaches him in nearly every way right from the onset!

RFl9VNg.png

Dude: They value strength above all else here. In fact, the warlords often fight amongst themselves. I guess they want to prove which one’s the strongest. Sounds like a lot of muscle flexing to me. But, you can’t deny the fighter of a Geryon swordfighter. They’ll slice you in two before you can blink. Not someone I’d cross if I were you.

DVTQ0qW.pngqIkeuAu.pngsLEsqLv.png

Man: Please, get rid of those bandits.

fkoCkSF.png

Woo! But who to give it to? Maybe Aaron could best use it, once we get him. Also, keep in mind Torie is a lance user, so you're guaranteed at least one.

bSWw09G.png

Suddenly, LOTS of dudes from the top!

y9QWTcO.pngeQyiCmo.png

Oh, excellent! There's also some standard dark/anima tomes(why?), but I just pick up three heals and a shine for Melusine, who's certainly proving herself worthy of it.

BkbO44d.png

DWhvu2h.png

Melusine: THE LIGHT IS GOOD. THE LIGHT IS LIFE. THE LIGHT WILL BE YOUR LIFE. WHEN THE LIGHT DISSAPEARS, YOU WILL LACK LIFE.

ZdRZsL0.png

Rjm7H0h.png

Almost there...

ZzKSPbc.png

I'd say this "fragile speedster" monk is more like a "fighter with plenty of speed, accuracy, resistance, and defense..." oh wait, that's every single stat. Wow.

4xj4oEy.png

So OP.

Zu5TFri.png

BRAXTON DID NOT FALTER. HE IS MERELY SHOWING THIS MOOK MERCY.

ssJSFk7.png

Jorin WORST cavalier.

cdlYbxy.png

Just you left!

xOnHhgP.png

What's in here, I wonder?

U7zZvAa.pnglkjfWFo.png

OOOOOOOOH YES

Crystal weapons here, as many as you want! I grab a sword for Vance, and a bow for Buck.

YSa9ic9.png5SwHsDh.png

Nope, doesn't move. Prime gives you all the time you need to shop for stuff.

rBsUh7p.png

JUST LOOK AT THIS. SO GOOD.

P56xc6s.png40APBYm.png

I engage with Vance to see the convo, but turns out its just the normal convo. Savestate load.

hwCKUXH.png

Braxton easily(and flashily!) mops the floor with his boss.

HXNboai.pngefcl1Ph.png

AND HE DOESN'T STOP THE OP. ...NESS.

Next time: Bar scene!

The CHAPTER 7 CONCLUSION!

First off, the convos from last time.

Buck/Ava:

Buck: Hey Ava! Wait up!

Ava: Ah, Buck. What is it?

Buck: When we were talkin' before...Well, ya said there's only a few people you trust.

Ava: ...Yes. What of it?

Buck: Do you trust us? Vance, Torie, and me?

Ava: I do. You all earned my trust the moment we first met.

Buck: Hmm, yeah that was a pretty crazy spot you were in. How many thugs were there?

Ava: At least six or seven. Heavy brutes one and all.

Buck: What were they after anyway?

Ava: My coinpurse. ...Among other things.

Buck: Well they were a bunch of no-goods, that's for sure. I'm glad we taught them a lesson.

Ava: Most people would have kept walking. Several armed brutes are enough to scare most off. But, you three jumped in without a second thought. And for a total stranger no less.

Buck: Well, yeah! We couldn't just walk away from ya. It wouldn't have been right.

Ava: I...was touched regardless. Thank you.

Buck: Aw, shucks. It wasn't nothin'. But, hey, Ava? Don't feel like you gotta go it alone. We're a team, alright? We've got your back.

Ava: Mmm. I understand. Perhaps one day I'll feel comfortable sharing my story. Until then, thank you, Buck. Please, don't ever lose your warm heart.

Buck: You got it, Ava. Alright, let's take care of these thugs. It'll be just like old times!

Well, now we have a bit of Ava's backstory. Very interesting!

Vance/Melusine:

Vance: Hey, Melusine. How's it going?

Melusine: Ah, Commander, hello! I'm quite well, thank you. How are you?

Vance: I'm fine. Actually, I wanted to ask you something.

Melusine: Of course! What can I do for you?

Vance: If you don't mind me being kind of direct...What's an acolyte doing fighting in a war?

Melusine: Ah...yes, I guess I don't make much sense, do I? As you might have guessed, I am from Orontes.

Vance: Right, the Holy Land.

Melusine: Yes, indeed it is so. However... In the last couple of years the church has...changed.

Vance: How so?

Melusine: Recruitment drives have been far more assertive. The military has swelled in size as a result.

This may be a bad thing.

Melusine: And tithes have increased as well. The church has tried to profit as much they can.

I'm STILL not sure whether or not Prime is trying to parody religious people.

Melusine: A large military force and vast coffers... It's just not what I had in mind when I joined the church. I decided to follow my own path there after. I lend help where I can.

Vance: You're living life on your own terms. I can respect that. But, why fight?

Melusine: I had gone to Mora to try to help those in need. War is devastating and it is the families who suffer most. After learning just who is really behind the war. I felt that I needed to try to hold those responsible accountable. It sounds counter to why I left Orontes in the first place, I know. But...after learning what I have...I feel compelled to fight.

Vance: You and I aren't so different. I'm glad to have you on the team, Melusine.

Melusine: Thank you very much. Hearing you say that gladdens me. Now then, let's get back to the task at hand!

I like how Prime makes the religious people mostly at least TRY to give reasons for them fighting. It's a bit better than the normal FEs do it, at times.

IZyYboo.png

We fade to black...

jBqX82h.png

Vance: Nothing but a bunch of low-lifes if you ask me.

Buck: No matter where you go there’s someone tryin’ to pull a fast one. Everyone’s mindin’ their own, then these guys come to pick the place clean. It just ain’t right.

Torie: But in the end, we gave them what was coming to them.

Ava: Perhaps now we should try to pick up the supplies? It’s becoming late.

Vance: You’re right. We should probably get moving.

Wqiouvz.png

?????: You drove those scoundrels away!

Vance: Hmm?

IqfTrHR.png

Then, people from the town come out to worship us!

sFLq4f8.png

Dude I recognize from somewhere: We thought those fiends meant the end of us. Most of our Talvul warriors are gone. Another clan is trying to muscle into our lands. Our fighters left to beat the intruders out. Without them, we’re defenseless. You’ve done us a great service.

Vance: We just did what was right.

DIRFS: Well, that may be, but it’s cause for celebration! We all insist you come to the pub for some ale.

Vance: We appreciate the offer. But, we’ve got to be on our way.

Torie: Aww, come on, Vance. How often do we get free drinks? Besides, you said earlier we’d relax a little today.

Vance: I did say that, huh? Alright, we’ll stay then I suppose.

DIRFS: Splendid choice!

3uTkd1T.pnglNQS9DK.png3RJ3Qmc.png

We get lots of adoration points, and then head to the pub with a fadeout...

yigiUro.png

hBkA3zt.pngroFPkif.png

DIRFS: “You’ll just be makin’ scars instead!” Haha! Ain’t that the darndest thing?

Mini stache: Ahahaha! What a stump he is. Isn’t that right, laddie?

Okwv4pQ.pngRmb8oKJ.png

DIRFS: Did ya say sumthin there, lad?

Buck: Oh, uh… Nope! Still just chucklin’ at your story. Eh, heh, heh…

Poor Buck...

6afHMbr.png7BlU99U.pngegNsRIV.png

Torie: Yeah…get me another…

Barkeep: Miss, I think ya’ve had enough for tonight. You should be getting’ some rest now.

Torie: No… no… I’ll have another… another…

LkaeAdu.png

This is kind of odd, because Prime doesn't use the "eyes closed'" portrait here. Torie apparently sleeps with her eyes open.

Barkeep: Ah… Youngin’ just don’t know when ta stop ‘til they’re too far. Best just let her rest there.

ck6BaCS.png

A guy walks over to Ava...

pchnILk.pngvbBP2jv.png

Ava: …..

I see we're in agreement.

Pervert: Or maybe I could offer you a drink? We could get to know each other. What do ya say?

hhwG3VT.png

Pervert: Oh come on. Don’t be like that! You should have a little fun!

Ava: …If you value that which makes you a man, please refrain from speaking to me.

Aha! You guys all do know exactly what she just threatened, right?

Pervert: Oh, uh…sorry! D-didn’t mean to bother you!

06V9c1T.pnghwp0UCD.pngbprMtJS.png

Ava: The better to avoid riff-raff like him. I’ve no patience for cheap fools looking for an easy time.

Vance: …Hahaha. Ava, you’re just full of surprises.

Ava: I don’t follow.

Vance: Just when I thought I’d figured you out a little, you show another side of yourself.

Ava: ….. I… am not sure how to respond.

Vance: Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to.

Ava: I see. Understood.

You know, when I made the joke about "canon love interest" earlier, I didn't expect it to actually start coming true!

0yhxbyt.pngY89Qs3l.png

New guy enters...

DIRFS: Hey! You’re back in town! That’s great! How’s yer sister doin’?

Arrival: That’s not important right now. There’s big news afoot.

DIRFS: Big you say? Stranvul Chief on the warpath again? I’ve had just about enough from him…

Arrival: No, no, mighty bigger than that.

MIoQdPG.pngAYzY4ZA.pngLamdm2u.png

Welp.

DIRFS: No kiddin’? Orontes and Aksum, huh? Ain’t that sumthin’.

Arrival: It’s true. I saw it with me own eyes. Soldiers loadin’ up caravans and preparin’ war horses. Orontes is joinin’ the fight for sure.

Things just got a lot tougher for Sybaris out there.

Buck: Man, this is bad. I-I gotta tell Vance!

zV2HLgT.pngrhsb574.png

Buck: Yeah, that guy said that Orontes is joinin’ up with Aksum. Now we gotta fight them too! Crud, why can’t this whole thing just be simple?

Ava: Few things in life truly are simple, Buck. While the forces against us have strengthened, our objective remains the same.

Vance: That’s true. But, still… What would Orontes have to gain from this? They’re supposed to be the Holy Land. The spiritual leader of all Pandosia. Why would they get involved in a war?

Ava: …..

Vance: Try to get some rest you two. I want to move out as soon as possible tomorrow. Hopefully, a merchant is open early. We still need those supplies. Once we’ve got them we’re heading back to camp. If Raizen doesn’t know already, he needs to. So much for a bit of rest and relaxation…

UjGaRUq.png

One last fadeout...

q3pQuHC.png

And it's another interlude! Watch as the villians get more characterization, and our heroes do things!

Edited by TheMoniker

Pronouncing this gives me the chuckles.

Also, no parodying of religion is intended.

Okay, good to know.

The Road to Ruin: Episode 12: Interlude II: A New Nation Enters

mXM2oNJ.png

No map scenes this time around.

IIt1LfP.pngyqtbc9D.png

Remember, we're rushing back to tell them Orontes is against us now.

Russel: You’re hurryin’ faster than a cattle avoidin’ the brand.

Vance: Where’s Raizen? We’ve got some big news he needs to hear.

Russel: He’s chattin’ it up with some of his officers. Tryin’ to plan out what our next move is. I was just about to head over to his tent.

Vance: We got the supplies you asked for. While we were out we learned something. Something you won’t like at all.

KTGInQA.png

Russel: What!? You can’t be serious!

Vance: We spoke with someone who just got back from Orontes. He said the whole place is gearing up.

uoWavI6.png

I probably didn't need to screenshot that.

Russel: Of all the things that could go wrong! The Hold Land itself is against us… This just don’t bode well. Not at all.

Vance: Why? Is Orontes strong?

Russel: It’s not that they’re strong.

ZrmKtPN.png

Valkyries! This could be a problem... We still don't have many good magic tanks.

Russel: But, beyond that, I’d say their force’s power is average. Nothing like Tiryns or Aksum that’s for sure. The problem is that their word carries weight. There’s plenty of spiritual folks out there. If Orontes says we’re a bunch of scum, folks might think it’s the word of the Goddesses. Then we’d have everyone breathin’ down our necks.

Russel: Our next move is tricky. I doubt Orontes has sent out for combat yet. This might be our chance to press the attack. But I’ll have to go ask Raizen what he thinks. I doubt he’ll stomach this news well, though…

oqRRuWs.pngG2d1xHd.png

Fade to black and then...Orontes! Why exactly are they attacking us? Maybe we will find out!

fBab0oq.png

This lady unlocks the door and enters the chamber...

ivSn8pH.png

Wait...is this some kind of child ruler?

qfMutJD.pngYDhI9oa.png

Hey, wait, that's the OPPOSITE of a child! Really, I think the normal queen sprite from FE8 would work much better here. I know she's supposed to be old and short, but that map sprite is just a bit much...

Old lady: Even in battle regalia your beauty shines. Many a maiden would sacrifice much to be as you.

Weird lady: Your praise is without equal, great Pontiff.

Pontiff: High Valkyrie Marveda…Tomorrow you ride to war. Are you prepared?

Marveda: Preparations are complete. Tomorrow we ride to victory. We shall smite all those who stand defiant against Orontes.

Pontiff: Your news gladdens me. If only everyone shared your fierce devotion. The Four smile down on you this evening.

Marveda: You honor me, Pontiff.

Pontiff: Only because you so deserve it. You may go now, Marveda. Get some rest and may the Four light your path.

She leaves, with little new info for us...but then...

RazGia6.pngNIs7zMt.png

Pontiff: Yes, what is it, child?

Marveda: Forgive my ignorance in asking this.

Ua6gbuJ.png

Marveda: The proof on either side is muddled at best. Base claims born of jealousy and greed. How can we, as the Holy Land… How can we choose sides?

Honestly, Marveda here seems to have the best idea of how this entire thing looks. Sybaris just randomly conjures guys to "testify" out of nowhere, and then Aksum shouts them down. It really is something you'd think the other nations would want to stay out of, but for some reason...

Pontiff: I suppose I do owe you an explanation.

Yes!

HKUiMc1.png

Pontiff: It is very clear to me that they, indeed, are the one responsible for the massacre in Mora. The small nation is now shattered and defeated. Yet, the culprits continue to roam freely. The Four demand retribution! And we must be the ones to provide it. Do you understand now?

Marveda: …Yes, Your Grace. I understand perfectly.

WELL, I CERTAINLY DON'T.

Pontiff: Then go, child. Go with the blessings of the Four.

Marveda: By your leave.

CdSVfI4.png

Marveda leaves. You can actually hear the door opening and closing offscreen. It's a nice touch.

rGES6Pf.png

EQQhK3e.png

You know, that new lady's portrait looks pretty good. Marveda looks like a pixellized version of one of the FE13 valkyries, honestly.

Servant: Did you learn anything during your meeting?

Marveda: …..Our cause is championed by the Goddesses. So it has been commanded by Pontiff Hannalys. This is all the reason we need to continue on. Go now and get some rest. We ride in the morning.

Servant: By your command.

pUL5U2V.png

Marveda: But, your eyes betray you. They shone with such great sadness. I will fight. But, I cannot believe you told me everything. Something very wrong is happening here. I pray I can find out what it is quickly. Goddesses grant me strength.

Woah...not sure what's going to happen here, but if I had to guess, I'd say this is going to be "Camus archetype as applied to an entire nation".

3f6BDZH.png

FfC0iGw.png

Aksum!

4boaASh.png

Valamar: It’s just as you said, they’ve joined the fight on our side.

Merovech: Of course they have, Valamar. I’ve planned this for years. Everything will go according to my design. Still, it is good to see all the pieces start to fit together. Mora’s destruction at the hands of ‘Sybaris troops’, the dividing rift between the nations of this world, and this, Orontes joining our cause. Yes, the pieces are exactly as they should be. Only one thing remains to be rectified, Valamar.

HvkTJb3.png

Valamar: ….. My apologies, King Merovech. Clearly, the men sent underestimated Sybaris severely.

Or maybe, it was because you ONLY SENT FOUR.

Merovech: That much is obvious, Valamar. Painfully obvious.

aTWtuOl.png

Hmm?

Merovech: Proceed, Aier.

Eb0WRNW.png

Oh man, just LOOK at that evil smile!

Aier: I can sense that you think Sybaris is no threat. Might I remind you that because of them Prydain is now involved? Not to mention that they’ve discovered survivors of your attack on Mora. They did so with the aid of some mercenaries, I hear. As I understood it, you ordered those mercenaries dead.

v8HohCb.png

Aier: All in combination for the general of Aksum, no?

Valamar: Silence, worm. I’ll not have you chastising me. This trash you see as a threat is laughable at best. They’re bumbling fools. Nothing more.

If it was just Aier and Valamar here, I could understand Valamar's boldness, but the king is also here, and he clearly shown displeasure with Valamar...maybe he IS getting senile and fog-minded.

eTMREdd.png

WHAT? I'm INSULTED! He'll be proven wrong next chapter, of course.

yfNr5YC.png

NONE of my success can be attributed to luck! ...Well, maybe a little. I could have been less lucky, I guess. ...BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE IT A VALID ARGUMENT!

Aier: And yet that luck could have been avoided, Valamar. Your foolish carelessness has cost us.

Valamar: Why, you—

Merovech: Enough, your bickering is tiresome. Sybaris is obviously more of a threat than you realize. Rectify the situation at once, Valamar.

A0u9F0E.png

Merovech: Do not disturb me.

smdAutb.pngvAbmF1W.png

Valamar: You may fool the king, but I see through you. Your words are poison and rubbish. I won’t tolerate any of it anymore.

Aier: Are you threatening me, Valamar? I am the king’s left hand, his support in all he does. You may be his right hand, but you’ve grown clumsy.

Valamar: If you enjoy the thought of an early grave, continue on. If not, stay out of my sight.

w5LQBOC.png

We've got something of an interesting dynamic going on here. Enemy infighting?

VK9GdfN.pngxUCNdv9.png

Fade to black...and then...yup. Looks like Chapter 8 is next. And what a Chapter 8 it will be...

You know, the story of this hack started kinda slow, but now it's really starting to pull me in and get me curious. But it's a pity, because the we're almost finished with the current patch! We're unlikely to get answers to most of our questions anytime soon...

The CHAPTER 8 PRELUDE!

8XpNJU0.png

...But they aren't who we're fighting today.

AJxwt8S.png9Kgarqe.pngJfpNgeM.png

Oh yes. Here we go!

2NQIDdn.pngjtwIviX.png

N: Minar is where Vance’s adventures began as he fought Sybaris in Aksum’s name. He then fled the castle as Aksum troops sought his head. Now, however, Vance’s return to Minar is not as an ally or target, but as an enemy.

iJHrcJT.png

Fade to black...

anCD12R.png

Chapter 8...in most hacks and some FE games, the eight chapter is where "shit gets real", both in story and gameplay. Far as I can tell, that holds perfectly true for this hack.

RkEUPAB.pngyOxUeiN.png

IqIcfxf.png

Raizen: Were you stationed here before?

Vance: Yeah, when we worked for Aksum. We also fled from here when they tried to kill us. Now, this third time, we’re here to take the place.

Russel: Third time’s the charm, right? This time you can really give the place what for.

Vance: Ha…maybe.

Raizen: So tell me, are your troops ready?

Vance: Yeah, we’re ready. Some of us are a little restless even. We aren’t exactly on good terms with Aksum. I know I’d like to give them a piece of my mind.

Raizen: Just keep your cool out there.

BVtsscy.png

Right...so, how are we going to be separated from the main army this time?

Russel: You’ve got it Raizen. Okay, listen up! Thanks to the terrain they’re buried in deep. We’ll have to give them a hell of a fight. We’ll come from two directions to start. That’ll put them off balance. When we meet up, it’ll be for a big push. We have to punch through the defenses. After that, we make for the gate. Hit ‘em hard and hit ‘em right.

Ohh, maybe we'll get to fight with Sybaris this time!

qAL8c6X.png

Does that mean we get to deploy all the dudes?

Raizen: Make sure you’re ready.

Vance: Right. I’ll make sure we’re all prepared.

TBhQfK5.png

He heads back to his own troops to summarize the info...

wE08dOM.png

Vance: We’re going to pin Castle Minar down. Sybaris is attacking from the East. We’ll hit them from the West. With any luck, we’ll overwhelm them.

Buck: Do you think it will work, Vance?

Vance: It’s hard to say, Buck. Since we were last here, Minar has boosted their defenses. Let’s just stay sharp and be ready for anything.

Yeah, they now have more than four mercs to defend the castle.

Torie: Last time we were here it was to save Minar. Now we’re here to capture it.

Buck: Let’s give that snake, Valamar, what’s coming to him!

Ava: Indeed. If anyone deserves retribution it’s Valamar. We were lied to and deceived by him. He also likely gave the order to kill us.

Vance: I know what you mean.

PIJl3Im.png

P3T7uGV.png

Meanwhile...

IGHunMI.png

Reddier 3#: S-Sybaris troops to the Northeast! They look like they’re ready to lay siege!

Othrel: Calm down, soldier! That rabble cannot possibly stop the finest army in Pandosia. They are rats rallying against lions! You will kill them all to a man. Do I make myself clear?

Reddier 3#: Uh…Crystal, sir.

URR1NZa.png

GMnbZO9.pngfBkHLVd.png

Tons of guys come out. And that's not even the end of their deployment, more will appear in the prep screen. Also, Othrel is a SAGE boss.

ol0j1hS.png

Othrel: They shall burn alive!

END DIALOGUE

6sTugjP.png

Okay! Let's look at the situation!

ZhvF4w6.png

Believe it or not, we actually DO get to deploy everyone! I decide to take everyone, even Ava(she gets no action).

NVJVOdP.png

Before we go, I give Vance a tiny anti-mage boost. We need the utmost of preparation!

8C1wv2Y.png

Here's our positioning.

CseyIWx.png

There are TONS of enemy units here. Most of them are generic, but there are a few with special things...

If you look, you can see Sybaris troops...

teeu1sU.png

Raizen is still beautiful. He's GAINED a crystal sword!

GjLqsoA.pngbrMhLHJ.pngKKX08TQ.png

Russel is also here, and he's quite powerful. All the generic green units are labeled "Sybaris", so he might be the only "Pryd" around for all we know.

1RDlziJ.png5xnu95W.png

The green units allegedly have a huge level advantage. Not sure I believe it.

zS1KVzw.pngyL2Ue9D.png4g9YMDU.png

Samuel is here as well, and we'll actually recruit him this time. I'll talk more about him when we see his growths, but for now, I'll just say that his bases are much, much worse than Melusine's current stats.

prDn6US.png

The generic armors have...1-use elixirs? As we'll see, they are VERY hesitant to use them. I wouldn't be half-surprised if they were bugged in some way.

iA0gAlj.pngxzKk0OE.png

Othrel is a pretty tough boss. His stats are not the problem, it's the gate he's standing on. He has TONS of avoid, and everyone will have a hard time hitting him. Also, he carries an honest-to-goodness master seal! Looks like Prime is going with the "one item for all" system. I'm okay with that. There's really only one clear, obvious choice for this, but nevertheless I will be doing some tests. You'll see next prelude.

Also, I forgot to get his description. Darn. They never contain important stuff anyway.

However...

A8F2Hx0.png1CxJRh4.png

Both Aaron AND O'Riley are also in this fight! They won't be moving to attack us, but with all the tough green units around, we'd best be careful in how we approach them.

x9M0480.png

Captain is here as well...We know Aaron and O'Riley will be recruitable, but his fate is much more questionable.

Let's look at the other enemies...

t662Pkh.pngInoLXAz.png

LwrIknO.pnggCRaciU.png

Not one, but TWO generic prepromotes! These guys will be major hurdles, in all likeliness. Of course, one of them has a goody for us!

YnFph3v.pngGZOxMvw.png

These guys will be killed by the greenies if you aren't quick. One iron blade is no huge loss, of course, but the killing edge is much more valuable.

XQoWLKZ.pnge2skXNd.png

Two new weapons. I hope we get a Pierce bow for Buck at some point. However, considering we don't even have an iron grtlance yet, I doubt we'll be getting a steel one anytime soon. Corvan is the only one who could even dream of using it effectively, anyway.

gfXBrJy.png

Starting the battle, you can see Sybaris's formation. They only brought 6 units, huh...

bqHoCx9.png

Raizen: Indeed. I just hope this all works out. We aren’t fighting the inexperienced Morans.

ZOn8m9X.pngTcJSReG.pngexAPbGX.png

Hurrah! Such an uncomplicated recruitment process!

Raizen: Lend them your strength.

Samuel: Oh…did I mess up, sir?

WHAT!? Now I'm REALLY insulted!

Raizen: Ha, no, nothing of the sort. You’ve still got a lot to learn, Private. Go with Vance and watch how his group operates. See how a tight knit team moves. You can’t rely on just yourself.

Samuel: I’m not sure I understand but…I’ll do as you say.

He then exits the map through the top.

GAG8BoD.png

Raizen: He’s got a lot of talent to be sure. I just don’t think he’s used to working with people. If we had time I’m sure he’d learn by staying with me. But, we don’t have time.

Russel: He outta learn quicker in a smaller group. He’ll be fine.

Smaller group? ...But...the merc group is double the size of your mini group...

Raizen: That’s the goal. Alright, let’s focus on this battle.

Russel: Took the words right outta my mouth! Let’s go!

vbqGVJz.pngpclngE8.png

Vance: Hmm? What is it?

Samuel: General Raizen said I’m supposed to join you. Though…I’m not sure why exactly.

Vance: That’s fine with me. I’m Vance, I lead our little group here.

Samuel: I’m Samuel. I may not have much fighting experience… But, I’ll show you what my magic can do!

Vance: A mage, huh? I don’t have much experience fighting alongside your kind. Glad to have you aboard.

Samuel: Thanks! I won’t let you down!

CzjGzIa.png

And that's it. Before you go...

7ryGMrn.png

This is the full-strength enemy position. This chapter can and will get...very cluster-y.

SAMUEL'S GROWTHS:

HP: 70%

Magic: 55%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 35%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 40%

Total: 300%

Samuel seems to be "the fighter mage". He has a huge magic growth, but not much else. Really though, Melusine is already doing fine as our mage...if this guy can't do well for himself, I might actually not use him.

Next time: The HUGE battle

The Road to Ruin: Episode 13: Chapter 8: Part 1: So MANY Enemies

lIPyS1K.png

Our first turn is just us moving up. We've got to try to work to where the green units are before they're all gone.

uS2gKke.pngDIR6nDk.pngdt8cdDy.pngjOnwzov.png

Almost immediately, crazy things start happening to that poor armor, and I get the sense that these guys aren't going to last long.

DdncTrc.png

On their turn, instead of USING that elixir in his inventory, he suicidally waltzes over and murders that merc he weakened earlier.

DVVXQ2k.pngr1NfPxL.png

Russel and Raizen are both amazing, but they won't reach the true height of their possible usefulness because of green AI(ALWAYS ATTACK WEAKEST UNIT EVEN WHEN YOU CAN KILL STRONG ONES).

Meanwhile...

V7PI8es.png

Aaron: Do you think we can hold out?

O’Riley: To be honest, lad…Not with that fool, Othrel, at the helm.

Captain: I’ve worked with Othrel before. His ego is sky high. He won’t take this battle seriously. And calling for outside reinforcements? That would be beneath him. He thinks the troops he commands are undefeatable thanks to him.

Aaron: What are we going to do, then? We can’t just let ourselves be led to our deaths!

Captain: No, we can’t. You two stay here and hold out as long as you can.

QxbJOKy.png

That can't be good...

Aaron: Just as long as it isn’t Major Yorlu. Anyone but him.

O’Riley: That bludger wouldn’t come save us anyway. He’d rather watch us croak out of spite. To him, we’re useless.

Captain: I know you haven’t had luck with your superiors, Aaron. But we have to stick together when things are rough. Just hang in there.

5U3hAQo.png

Captain runs off the map through the bottom, and Othrel...

z9qpupr.png

Othrel: Come back, coward!

x5P2PxQ.png

Aaron: We’d rather not die this day.

Othrel: Reinforcements!? Pah! Listen, fools. These Sybaris ingrates are insects. We Aksumians are the finest soldiers in the land. And under my leadership we shall crush those insects! Your captain is a fool and a deserter in my eyes.

94tSMz8.png

Othrel: Now get back to the front. Or would you like to be executed for mutiny?

nAOdEY7.png

O’Riley: Come on lad. Let’s go. We’ll hold out just as the captain ordered.

Aaron: ….. …Okay. Let’s go.

END DIALOGUE

Well, this CAN'T be good for the captain. At the moment, I don't have high hopes for his survival.

jSARTDM.png

Meanwhile, we've had a small engagement.

uWDKhsS.png

Samuel gets his first kill via crit.

N2oQC8q.png

Braxton the OP will go on ahead!

uoK5Sat.png

Beautiful. Just keep up that magic and you'll be good.

P3F0b2H.png

Braxton goes up against the general, but he lives.

2mcesXA.pngEH0fCRF.png

Well, now someone else is being subjected to the RNG I've worked with for so long right now. Me having great luck with dodging, and terrible luck with hitting.

RIxDiww.png

Sheesh, Russel! These guys didn't murder YOUR sister!

KVRrUfk.png

This cav's survival of the turn is a small miracle.

QtkSY5C.pngXbqIJCR.png

Samuel roasts the general. He doesn't get a full level from it, but he does get a thingy.

CHoa8UJ.png

Braxton the OP just rides right over to help the greenies. They LOOK okay, but in reality, the army is on the verge of being decimated.

yxBl5TL.png

Here's how we're looking so far. Looks like the next step is that "big push" Raizen spoke of...but look closely at that little path we have to go through. It is literally just a straight line of red dots! I doubt we're gonna make a major push like this!

5qvE0PO.pngBLAnBrZ.png

This guy misses his last chance to be useful, and ends up dying for it.

GkKohdq.pngMFbiIUB.png

Uh oh. Looks like Braxton is only OP when not faced with swords.

Tv4aBIA.png

Reinforcements from all three of the forts down here.

qQHjVuZ.png

And some from up here as well, although it's a positive example. Not the armor hiding all the way up there. He's at 4 HP and has an elixir in his inventory, but he just WON'T use it. Prime, I seriously think those elixirs you gave them are bugged. The armors don't seem to recognize them as a healing item.

bnA2Mki.png

Just LOOK at this nonsense. When I said this chapter gets "cluster-y" earlier, I MEANT it.

TsC4kVd.png

I put in lots of effort and kill the cav before the greenies kill him and get my item.

9iU9jDR.png

Corvan: Still amazing.

aFJF7Qt.png

Here's our setup. Hopefully the greenies will distract away a few hits from the MASSIVE incoming wave!

RTEu2fh.png

That...could have been bad. Sometimes, having "good dodge luck" isn't exactly the short end of the stick.

JxiHLEO.pngKqHOXBi.png

Hits successfully tanked by greenies: Not many

euP89j7.png09uegs1.png

Uh oh, Jorin's in trouble now! He's not nearly as OP as Braxton!

OefRubB.pngBgSlTut.png

I didn't have very many(if any) deaths this chapter, and I'm afraid that I can't say it was ALL strategy.

69fHn5p.png

Come on Raizen!

4Y1yvyF.png

Lucky us, the green units refrain from killing the myrm, so we get the special weapon! Also, it's kind of hidden, but just LOOK at the massive amount of enemies we're facing! IF we get through it, however, things will start turning our way...

Also, those cavaliers are in a little formation! How nice!

YsM2as7.png

Hey, I just realized...this is a totally ordinary paladin, in a game where all the cavaliers are custom classes! Who does he promote from?

BNGKnV5.png\

orErQzQ.png

Samuel, combined with your grwoths earlier, you DO realize this is cause for dropping? I've accepted literally every unit so far into the A-team, and I've tried to train them all, but I can't do that forever, and we have two MORE characters coming this chapter, who I KNOW I will use! Shape up or SHIP OUT!

q457hq2.png

It's a good thing I have such a large team, but even with such numbers, I can't eliminate them all.

h7rAgPW.png

I've decided that Melusine will be the one who is left behind to get the village. She won't get any more action this chapter. Really, this chapter has some VERY fast movement. It's pretty well-paced, I think.

HyYQsmG.pngd0IypFl.png

Prejudiced guy: You’re with Sybaris, aren’t you? You’re with the enemy! I’ve heard you’re all a bunch of monsters! Come to sack the village, huh? Think you can just take what you will? Grr, if I had a weapon I’d show you!

um6FU7R.png

Prejudiced guy: We have nothing else worth anything!

Melusine: …..

That was the weirdest village ever. "Hey, you're with the enemy! YOU CAN'T TAKE ANYTHING FROM US! Here, take the most valuable thing we have!"

NwRuOJo.png

On the other hand...

Ffg1KKl.png

The merc and armor decide to hinder the oncoming friendly troops.

9aFAGtg.png

I think this guy actually attacked Raizen. As in, of his own volition. Well, he knows what he's doing, apparently.

zQHfpzL.png

OOPS.

5yCbehU.png

Raizen, ever a father to his men, decides to help them, by rushing up and killing...the mercenary! When he could have EASILY taken the armor, which will be a genuine problem to his units! And the merc could have easily been taken out by the lance cavalier!

Green AI...

6Y8IJBV.png

This cav DIES because Raizen is the WORST FATHER EVER.

rFlVXlP.png

Okay, next up: the ARMOR BRIGADE!

Fast forward to next turn:

s2lxEdF.png

Raizen didn't move. Here's the thing, Raizen's AI is set to "attack people in range", instead of "chase down everyone with that stellar MOV". Paladin's 8 MOV will result in him reaching enemies from lots of places on the map, but because he went back to "help" his allied troops, he's going to be stuck there for the rest of the chapter. Not sure it's the same way for Russel, because he is smart enough to stay on the front lines the whole chapter.

Oh well, now one kill will be stolen from us instead of two!

MlNOfBw.png

Aaron and O'Riley don't move...AND...I'm gonna cut it here. This update had over 100 images, so we need a two-parter!

Expect the next update to be a good bit shorter than this one. I really enjoyed this chapter, it's really fun to play!

Man, those Elixirs worked at one point...

now one kill will be stolen from us instead of two!

Precisely why I gave him attack in range AI. Otherwise he'd probably make it down to the boss and nick the Master Seal.

Come on Samuel, pull it together. His promotion gives him good utility though (his promoted class probably isn't your first guess).

Precisely why I gave him attack in range AI. Otherwise he'd probably make it down to the boss and nick the Master Seal.

Come on Samuel, pull it together. His promotion gives him good utility though (his promoted class probably isn't your first guess).

I bet he promotes to Mage Knight. With staves. Though I guess that does propably just make him a male Valkyrie..

The Road to Ruin: Episode 13: Chapter 8: Part 2: Castle Minar Falls

lowKMay.png

I have to feed Torie kills, because look at that damage number.

g7vzeWq.png

0.0 Kristoph... Man...you can't decide whether you suck or are amazing...

a0z6aVW.png

14 def Vance, FEAR ME

LcK5aN5.png

Here's our setup. We're pretty much done, just a few guys left. Plus we have to recruit our two Aksum soldiers...

lqOV5f9.png

Russel here could conceivably attack Aaron, which worries me...

FcOxKQa.pngTpiEptg.png

Again, we're almost done.

OpvHtcw.png

Thankfully, some mages get in Russel's way, so he can't attack Aaron.

nFF5iGe.png

AND IT'S A GOOD THING TOO

x34Rozt.png

I'm not waiting any longer.

hB9Q3pd.png

Aaron: Why aren’t you attacking?

Vance: I could ask you the same thing. You’re hesitating. I haven’t seen you move at all.

Aaron: ….

Vance: Got something on your mind? I know from experience what a troubled soldier looks like.

Aaron: You look like a mercenary. What would you know about being a soldier?

Vance: Because I used to be one. Problem was that it wasn’t what I wanted it to be. Family and community tend to force you into things.

Aaron: Then you deserted?

Vance: …Yeah.

Aaron: But, now you work for Sybaris. It doesn’t seem like anything has changed.

Vance: Depends on how you look at it. Now I decide who to work for. If I don’t like how they do things, I’m out. I work for Sybaris because I believe in their cause.

Aaron: You think Sybaris is in the right? That Aksum has duped everyone?

Vance: I KNOW that’s the truth. If you had seen what I’d seen, you’d know, too.

Aaron: ….. Your general. What’s he like?

Vance: Raizen is a man of integrity. If there was anyone who I could actually call a knight… It’s him.

Aaron: Sybaris’s story is difficult to believe. However, you claim your leader has honor and integrity. Most of the commanding officers I’ve served did not.

CDgru4B.png

Aaron: And I’m tired of officers who seek power, not justice.

Vance: Then fight with me. Help us defeat those power hungry fools. We can stop them and save Pandosia.

WlDvLzq.pngm6V55Z8.png

Aaron: My name’s Aaron. My lance will fight with you.

Vance: I’m Vance and I lead a mercenary troop. Aaron, you made the right choice.

Aaron: Those words…are really nice to hear. Thank you.

4c2qW3H.png

Hurrah! Aaron is now on the CORRECT TEAM. O'Riley isn't recruited with him, so we need to get that done.

OCIgNtO.pngFAwHKBS.pnghuYbYnV.png

But first, the CAVALIER TRIO! You know, looking at them like this, they're actually quite balanced. It's just that Jorin has such sucky defenses, regardless of his dodging skills.

37F61c1.png9gMeA2U.png

O’Riley: What is it, lad? We need to stay sharp out here.

Aaron: O’Riley, I can’t keep doing this. I can’t keep fighting for Aksum. Not with its current leadership.

O’Riley: I was wondering when this would come up. I couldn’t agree with ya more. Most of the lot are just out for power. So, what are you going to do?

Aaron: I’m going to fight with Sybaris. I’ve…had a change of heart.

O’Riley: Well, then, I better come with ya. You’re too wishy-washy to be left alone. Someone’s got to look after ya.

Aaron: Ha…haha…hahaha…

O’Riley: What’s so funny lad?

Aaron: O’Riley, thanks for being an honest friend.

O’Riley: Thank me when this is all over and we’re still alive. Now, let’s get to fightin’!

DhMODLp.png

Beautiful. But what about the captain?

jiN1E1F.png

I guess we won't learn just yet. O'Riley and Aaron come at levels 10 and 11 when everyone else is either 12 or 13, so we need them trained up!

Lc3jrjA.png

SO OP

qGTDZqN.png

376Xvmb.png

Oop! Uh oh, this can't end well!

gL1D1x6.png

Othrel: Burn in righteous fury!

No special quote, I'm guessing he doesn't have anything for Raizen either.

MJOmEMk.pngPnte4cE.png

He misses once and hits once, but as you can see, he takes massive damage in the process.

sjO7rVA.png

He can't handle this guy, we need him out of there!

YUxH7Zs.pngO6dhRJ7.png

Jorin and Braxton take the two greenies. They should be okay, right?

8pr0nEd.png

YPztKAX.png

And nope. He gets doubled. He isn't OP when carrying people, apparently.

dNA7Y5u.pngom2p9j8.png

<:C So sad.

H2M8aHI.png

This time, I do things differently. As in, I JUST rescue Russel, and leave the axe cavalier to fend for himself.

4EuxD7p.png

When green units are injured in FE, they'll follow troubadors/clerics around. This guy has been stumbling after Sylvia for quite a while now. It's like a dog begging for scraps. The irony is that he has an "elixir" in his inventory. I'm almost CERTAIN those are bugged.

2sNuoKE.png

No longer forced to carry people, Braxton can once again be OP.

8BQ06tf.png

The poor axe cavalier goes for the boss. A black background of death appears, but the guy doesn't die JUST yet.

HgFGa3K.png

Suddenly, more reinforcements from the forts! None for Sybaris this time.

llxlV4z.png

TWO misses? What happened to your 4x days? You're getting old, O'Riley.

FPCZygd.png

Let the young people do the work.

yj3bpLn.png

x6wIi8T.png

Next time, just stay back!

oWWpxIS.png

STRENGTH!

B4jLVPM.png

He's all alone, and still weakened from Russel's attack.

SvOECaj.pngc9WTeyc.png

I don't actually do these engagements, but he has no special quotes for anyone, it appears.

Okay everyone...it's time to play...HIT THE OTHREL!

yp7OYeO.png

OUR FIRST CONTESTANT! The "skilled archer", Buck!

olciKuz.png

Ooh, that was a sorry whiff! Looks like Buck is out! As a consolation prize, he gets some first-degree burns!

ifuYkhl.png

Our SECOND contestant: The "reliable" Kristoph!

NGe825v.png

BAM! He strikes a blow! As a prize, he ALSO gets first degree burns!

sg8lWv7.png

Our third contestant, the "leader" Vance!

PqVNYTV.png

But what's this? "OBJECTION", says O'Riley, "I can kill him right now!"

daC1u92.png

NOPE! O'Riley also gets some first-degree burns!

hsMhTeN.png

"leader" Vance is allowed his chance to attack! Unfortunately, he doesn't kill him! First degree burns for you, too!

ui7DwHO.png

FINAL CONTESTANT: The "amazing" Aaron!

OOCApUW.png

HE SUCCEEDS! Othrel is DOWN!

gk13Mu5.png

As a prize, he gets a lack of first degree burns...

A5XvrOa.png

PLUS free health insurance!

That's all for now. Next time, I'll post Aaron's and O'Riley's growths.

Alright, that settles it. Next update Braxton will be getting at least a minor nerf.

I bet he promotes to Mage Knight. With staves. Though I guess that does propably just make him a male Valkyrie..

Looks like it was first guess for you after a hint

I like how Braxton is the fastest, most accurate, strongest and most defensive of all three cavs. Why use anyone else XD

Actually, Jorin's more accurate, since he's got one more Skill than Braxton and Aaron, who are tied. Everything else is correct, though.

I get it. I don't want Raizen to be owning ALL the enemies. Also, you ninja'd me earlier...

As we will see in the next update, you're absolutely right.

I like how Braxton is the fastest, most accurate, strongest and most defensive of all three cavs. Why use anyone else XD

I don't call OP on him without a reason!

The CHAPTER 8 WRAP-UP/CONCLUSION!

b0LJYOC.png

The power is now IN OUR HANDS. We DESERVE this.

Jlljdfv.png

Waste of a perfectly good elixir! He has a normal 3-use one, btw.

0iYANVX.pngBolCQGD.png

Woah! Keep it up!

oT7jk37.png

Nope, Aaron has no special talk with Raizen. I didn't think so, but it was worth checking.

8EYjzBZ.png

I can't exactly show it through screenshots, but while heal-grinding, I noticed something: When healing Raizen, instead of the normal heal music, enemy phase boss/attack music plays. I think Prime just gave Raizen some special tunes because he's awesome.

lwzemly.png

Vance and Buck have a talk...

Buck: These Aksum folks sure aren’t pullin’ any punches. This fight’s lookin’ to be pretty bloody.

Vance: I know what you mean. Looks like they’re trying to charge us down. Kind of reminds me of when we first met.

Buck: Hey, now, I thought we weren’t gonna talk about that.

Vance: Oh come on. Let’s see, how did it all go again? I was trying to make my way to a small town near the Sybaris-Asterian border. And then, out of no where—

Buck: Ah man, here it comes.

Vance: …When out of nowhere you come running out of the trees. Heh, you were running like the Undertaker was chasing after you.

Buck: It might as well have been! That moose was out for my head!

Vance: And whose fault was that?

Buck: Well…if I hadn’t missed that shot…

Vance: Why were you trying to shoot that thing anyway?

Buck: I was hungry and broke. I didn’t have enough coin to buy any food. So, I had to go get some myself. But, crud, if you weren’t there, I dunno what I’d done. The thing started chargin’ you straight as an arrow.

Vance: It wouldn’t have if you hadn’t run right to me.

Buck: I was tryin’ to say was that it was mighty keen when you put that moose down. You just sidestepped it and stuck yer blade in. One movement. I ain’t ever seen anythin’ like it before.

Vance: Back in Tiryns I learned about how to deal with charging foes. I just went with the training. I’ll be honest though. My hands were shaking something fierce. I’ve had thugs try to run me down before. But a big animal?

Buck: Yeah, that moose was pretty big now that I think of it. Well, anyway, you were real swell takin’ me to that tavern. The grub might have been a lil’ too salty but a free meal is still mighty welcome.

Vance: I felt sorry for you. Buying you something to eat was only right. Anyway, I’m glad we’ve stuck together, Buck. Two years together doesn’t seem like much. But, we’ve been in plenty of scrapes to last a lifetime.

Buck: Tell me about it. I guess we’ll just add this one to the list?

Vance: Ha ha, sounds like a plan. Alright, let’s get going.

Buck: You got it, Vance. Let’s feather these guys real good!

PZYlo8j.png

End of convo!

Well, now we know how the two met! It's not THAT embarrassing, I suppose.

YKtBIou.png

There's nothing more we can do here. You know Prime, this map would be even better if you had some more houses.

TzOQNpF.pngyTIC20d.pngFV7sUfk.png

Vance: What do you think? Is Valamar in there? We’re itching to give him a piece of our minds.

Raizen: Frankly, I doubt he’s here. It’s more likely that he’s at the capital, safe and sound. You really want to take him down don’t you?

Vance: Well, here’s the way I see all of this. We fought for him and completed all assignments. We did the best job we could. But, as soon as he thinks we’re near the truth. That we’re minutely close to uncovering his plot… He orders us dead. I don’t take an employer trying to kill me lightly.

Raizen: Nor should you. I understand your frustration, Vance. Let’s just not lose sight of our goal. This isn’t a mission of revenge. We’re fighting to expose Aksum and to liberate this land from tyranny.

Vance: I hear you. We’ll find Valamar eventually. I’ll just keep fighting until we do. So, what’s our next—

ALU0aZz.png

Uh oh...

gUtCl1z.png

It's Captain! And he's brought dudes!

RRFaNsd.png

Eliattacker: We will reinforce Castle Minar! Let’s show Sybaris how real soldiers fight!

d38yeod.png

Raizen: Damn, someone slipped away and got help. Looks like it’s more fighting for us.

Russel: Alright, you and I will take care of things here.

Erhst38.png

Naturally. I always wonder what excuse will be used to get the green troops out of the picture and leave us alone. This hack does a lot better than most, though.

Russel: See what kind of force is holding out in there. We can’t have fools poppin’ out behind us.

Vance: Got it. We’ll secure the inside as quick as we can.

Raizen: Let’s move out!

xD5gVym.png

We enter the castle, and Russel and Raizen have their own talk...

hwVQVec.png

Russel: Well, if Aksum weren’t so damn stubborn we’d be done! We could go home and have a nice, relaxin’ time. But, it just ain’t meant to be, Raizen. Don’t tell me you’re ready to throw in the towel.

Raizen: Of course not. It just drains your mind and body, you know? You start to ask yourself if this is all there is.

Russel: Yeah, I hear ya. It’s a rough gig we’ve got. But, don’t quit just yet, you hear? We need ya.

Raizen: I wouldn’t dream of it.

Russel: Good. Now let’s get out there and kick some arse!

Raizen: After you then, Russel.

Russel: Damn straight! Come here, Aksumians!

Raizen was about to have a characterization moment! But no, he remains the generic good commander. Oh well.

o8fCFii.png

This doesn't bode well for poor Captain. Let's hope they decide to take prisoners.

FG6py9D.png

But we won't find out now, because, we're looking elsewhere!

xcD8n1t.png

Some wyverns fly up...

RvUpZ47.pngMlEeb56.png

Greendier: An envoy from Tiryns has arrived! They wish to speak with you!

Sybaris King: …Tiryns? Send them in at once.

...Tiryns? Indeed.

ZFQUVGx.png

Blue guy: I am colonel Ulrigar. I come on behalf of King-General Hornsgoth.

Dalman: The pleasure is likewise, though unexpected. To what do I owe this occasion?

Ulrigar: We of Tiryns have learned some interesting news.

a8vsuT5.png

Uh oh...

Dalman: …Yes, a dire turn of events.

Ulrigar: Perhaps, but it does not have to stay that way.

fk4cjBf.pngUQMO2Kp.png

Ulrigar: They do not agree with our way of government. In turn, we hold no stock in their worship of goddesses.

Dalman: …I’m listening, go on.

Ulrigar: My King-General believes this to be an excellent opportunity. One that would allow us to confront our critics.

They want to JOIN us? Really? Well... That's a pretty good strategy for them. They have a perfectly good excuse to go to war(justice!), they gets people helping them win the war...and...

Uo48o3r.png

Dalman: Excuse my impoliteness but that seems extreme.

Ulrigar: We are also aware of Aksum’s scheming. Merovech has been busy these past few years. Our informants have told us much. He’s been pressing his influence with the other leaders. He has, in one way or another, gained a hold over them. First was his declaration to protect Mora. A so-called ‘symbol of friendship’.

dL0I8rT.png

Oh dear. That's the merchant nation, remember. That's just about all the nations on the continent, save Pandosia.

Ulrigar: We do not know how he persuaded Orontes to his side, however. Regardless, these actions raise several red flags. Especially in light of these new recent events. King-General Hornsgoth despises Merovech greatly. All gifts sent to him have been denied.

Dalman: So, you seek a chance to settle old grudges by siding with us?

rPDCFn0.pngVGDWjWN.png9nZbEgG.png

...AND he gets land! ...Wow, that was a long cutoff.

TcLE9q3.png

Dalman: That’s a large, fertile area of land. Rather valuable farming soil to feed many.

That's not all it is! It's also hugely valuable for military purposes! Having two bases of land instead of one giant blob opens worlds of military possibilities! If he accepts, this could lead to a huge war involving Tiryns in the future...

cpUqQ1L.png

Dalman: We fight to uphold our honor and the truth. Aksum’s lies about us cannot go unpunished. If you wish to claim Aksum soil, then so be it.

MOWAm9J.png

Bad decision, calling it now!

Ulrigar: My King-General will be quite pleased with your decision. I will have one of my men return home with the news. I must admit, I am curious as to whom I will be working with. I’ve heard you’ve instated a new general.

Dalman: Yes, I’m quite pleased with Raizen’s leadership. Last I heard he was pressing the attack on Castle Minar.

Ulrigar: Then I shall depart for there at once to size up your force. We wish to only dispatch as many soldiers as needed. Kind Dalman, it has been a pleasure.

Dalman: Yes, quite so. Thank you, Ulrigar.

Ulrigar: I shall take my leave.

kwNxZoe.png

Dalman: Their motivation seems greedy and hateful. But we need all the help we can get… I pray nothing drastic happens.

wDJSwRr.png

Fade to black...

XYNefiB.png

Next chapter, we wrap up the story arc that's been going on for most of the first patch, and potentially, the chapter after that we start a new one and end on a cliffhanger. I haven't finished quite yet, so of course I'm not sure.

MOWAm9J.png

I agree. This is where nobility kills. Anyway, looks like it's shaping up to be a fine war with everyone joining in on one side or another. The mercenaries certainly won't be short of cash any time soon.

Also, does anyone else feel like Aaron, O'Riley, and the captain panicked? I mean, in-game Aksum got crushed, but looking at it from the beginning they had a 2/1-ish advantage and an amazing defensive position to stack on top of competent troops. Unless Othrel is flat-out idiotic there's no way a competent (read: non-AI) commander could lose. Heck, if Othrel just got off the gate and helped his soldiers it would have been easy.

MOWAm9J.png

I agree. This is where nobility kills. Anyway, looks like it's shaping up to be a fine war with everyone joining in on one side or another. The mercenaries certainly won't be short of cash any time soon.

Also, does anyone else feel like Aaron, O'Riley, and the captain panicked? I mean, in-game Aksum got crushed, but looking at it from the beginning they had a 2/1-ish advantage and an amazing defensive position to stack on top of competent troops. Unless Othrel is flat-out idiotic there's no way a competent (read: non-AI) commander could lose. Heck, if Othrel just got off the gate and helped his soldiers it would have been easy.

i honestly think because they didn't trust othrel, it was a good reason to react like that.

as you can see the dude didn't take to the field himself and clearly wasn't interested in tactics.

i like to see it as those guys being bit savvy about the setting/game they are in. in other games they might've gone "welp time to defend to the last men for a cause i don't believe in under a general i don't trust" like afew actualy FE characters have done.

Man I feel like I was cheated so hard when playing through this. My Kristoph had terrible stats, as did Hugo, Torie, Jorin and even Vance. The only characters that had good stats were Corvan and Buck. I had to do this chapter at least 3 dozen times due to getting crited by the myrmidon every time. Although, I did play it savestateless, so that may explain a little if not all.

Edited by Runechan

MOWAm9J.png

You have to wonder how Othrel got promoted...although, remember, literally every commander in the game uses the same sucky tactics, save Vance, Aaron, and possibly Yorlu/Kraval during the siege on Mora(and that was only because...well...)

And where might those be posted, good sir?

This isn't a real update, I'm just posting the growths I forgot.

Man I feel like I was cheated so hard when playing through this. My Kristoph had terrible stats, as did Hugo, Torie, Jorin and even Vance. The only characters that had good stats were Corvan and Buck. I had to do this chapter at least 3 dozen times due to getting crited by the myrmidon every time. Although, I did play it savestateless, so that may explain a little if not all.

You know what Klok always says, P.E.N.I.S.(Personal Experience Never I'm Sorry I Forgot The Rest)

GROWTHS:

AARON'S GROWTHS:

Strength: 35%

Skill: 35%

Luck: 30%

Defense: 50%

Aaron seems to be "the defense cavalier". If you count that level from the end of last chapter, he actually has +1 defense on Braxton, despite being a level lower, so he does his job! Still, if that strength growth doesn't decide to serve him and do it well, he'll never be good.

O'RILEY'S GROWTHS:

Strength: 40%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 30%

O'Riley is the "balanced" axe user to match Hugo's "traditional" style. 40% strength, though...he'll need to be a bit not-screwed to turn out well. Of course, after all the plot and character development he's gotten, I couldn't NOT use him.

The next update will come later today.

The CHAPTER 9 PRELUDE!

WARNING: HUGE UPDATE, DON'T EXPECT NORMAL SHORTNESS

i14pcCF.png

Almost done, guys...it's kinda sad...

B92jy9f.png

Wait...another flashback?

8fM99nH.png

A guy comes out of the village...who's memory is this?

UrxjeGZ.png

Oh hey, it's Ava! And her portrait actually looks younger, which was something I think should have been done for Vance as well! Wait...why does something still feel wrong?

COMPARISON TIME!

hhwG3VT.pngUrxjeGZ.png

They don't exactly match up perfectly! She has:

A totally different hairstyle

Smaller eyes(how did they shrink?)

A different head-to-body size ratio(her head SHRUNK!)

And this is what happens when you use a splice instead of a custom portrait.

Thief dude: What are you doing out here by yourself?

Young Ava: Just…thinking. There’s not much else to do here. It’s so boring.

Thief dude: Now, don’t be like that. You know Mom and Dad are busy doing research.

Young Ava: But, that’s all they ever do! Nothing but research this, hypothesize that. While they do that we just sit around. If only something interesting would happen…

Thief due: Well, come on, daydreamer. Dinner is almost ready.

Young Ava: Oh, all right.

zfCZrvP.pngRpoxrt5.png

Oh wow! This lady's portrait looks pretty nice. It may also be a splice, but I'm not sure who of...

Avamom: Where have you two been? Supper is almost done.

Young Ava: No where. Just looking at the mountains.

Thief dude: More like daydreaming. Ava’s bored out of her mind, mom.

Young Ava: You keep quiet! What do you know, anyway?

Avamom: Alright, that’s enough. Sweetheart, I know it’s lonesome out there. But, that’s just how we have to earn money. If you want to see food on the table… Well, this is how your father and I have to work.

Young Ava: I know, I know. Sorry…

Avamom: No harm done. Now, go get washed up for supper.

zewEThW.png

Whoever expected this, raise your hand.

MedICzG.pngOqNxrGj.png

Bandifool: Of course it’s the one.

Bandiminion: Hey, you can go and shove it up you—

N98Avms.png

Assassiman: We’ve got work to do.

8HFuU1x.png

D0nskIp.pngsrlDMYf.png

Prime...that portrait...it is...very...uh...uhhhhhhh...

Assassiman: I’m guessin’ your one of ‘em?

Dad of Pherae: Why are you here?

Assassiman: Who we are isn’t important. Why we’re here is something else entirely, though. Our employer is very, very interested in your research. They’re willing to pay you nicely for your findings.

A1R8JZo.png

Avamom: We are under contract and cannot disclose our findings.

Dad of Pherae: We ask that you please leave us. We cannot help you or your employer.

tnlTpC9.png

Bandifool: We aren’t supposed to come back empty-handed. We’re getting our hands on your findings. One way or another. You followin’ what I’m sayin’?

Avamom: …..

AU19bSC.png

Young Ava: Who are they?

pbuHEwU.png

Young Ava: We have to do something!

Thief dude: Wait, Ava! You can’t just run in there! They’ll tear you apart!

Young Ava: But--!

Thief Dude: Those guys are dangerous! They’ll cut you to pieces before you draw your blade! They’re killers for hire.

kNK2sxT.pnglg1FhF0.png

Young Ava: What!? No!

Thief Dude: Damn it, Ava. Do you want to die today? We have to go! Now!

GCCpX1m.png

Just hand over the notes! You guys have children to protect!

Bandifool: You gonna hand over your notes? Or do we need to do a little rough housing?

Dad of Pherae: We already told you that we cannot help you! Tell your employer they must look elsewhere!

Bandifool: Wrong answer!

P1WyVO3.pngbbXPFFp.png2kj7QZf.png

Took me three tries to screenshot this. Bad portrait man doesn't get a battle screen, just a red screen flash.

Avamom: YOU MONSTERS!

Bandifool: You gonna cooperate or what? We ain’t got all day. I noticed you’ve got a couple of kids around. Do we need to get them involved too?

Avamom: I’LL SEE YOU BURN!

59HJqLM.png

Young Ava: Why!? Why are they doing this!? What did mom and dad ever do to them?

Thief Dude: This…this can’t be…

DDgx5qH.pngxH4P7cD.png

BtFPjr8.png

The screen flashes white...

RU2knkk.png

And then, apparently, the mom sacrificed herself, not to save her children, but in a petty attempt to get revenge on the killers of her husband.

HgFexKd.png

Their reaction is believable.

Young Ava: Mom! Dad! Our home!

Thief Dude: It can’t be… No, no, no… They’re…They’re gone…

Young Ava: NO!

iVrdwpf.png

AND SHE DIDN'T EVEN SUCCEED.

oTerloI.png

Bandiminion: The lump kills the hubby and she just goes berserk! How did she do that!? I’m glad I stuck a knife in her. Can’t stand them magic types at all.

Assassiman: Forget about them, you idiot! We’re here for the research! Find it before it burns up!

JcyllS6.png

ptzB11Y.png

Thief Dude: Ava, we need to run!

Young Ava: Mom…Dad…

fHh13CT.png

Thief Dude: They’re going to kill you unless you RUN! Do you understand? We have to go!

GXw436n.png

They run away, taking one last look at their destroyed home...

39Bokuf.png

That scene...I don't know...it's just how stupid and selfish the parents were being. It was VERY CLEAR that the group meant them harm, and likely would have gotten the notes regardless. Now, when you're all alone, making some pointless sacrifice in the name of heroism is forgiveable. But when you have children to look after, and you make the same sacrifice, leaving two young teenagers to fend for themselves in a place far from civilization...how is THAT in any way heroic? What were they even protecting that was somehow THAT important? I bet we won't find out for a very long time, if ever!

wTCj54L.png

Okay, looks like we're coming out of it...

MH8CxES.png

Vance: Ava.

Ava: Hmm? What is it?

Vance: Are you alright? You seemed lost in thought.

Ava: I’m fine. What is our status?

Vance: We’re inside the castle. We’ve got to make our way for the throne. Are you ready?

Ava: For battle? Of course.

Vance: Good. Okay, everyone! This is it! Give it your all and give them no quarter!

yZBalZA.png

END DIALOGUE

Okay! We have a castle to assault! Let's put all the plot and portrait silliness behind us.

EwKVETW.png

Only NINE units? After you dumped a BUNCH of new ones into our lap last chapter? Uh, it's gonna be tough to decide...

j0xzPym.png

Final team! I brought all my lowest-level units so I could train them.

LAdG2AR.png

The killing edge goes to Vance.

Now, remember that master seal we got? Let's pass it around and see everyone's promotions WAY earlier than was intended! Oh, how I love savestates...

First the cavalier trio! But wait...for the entire hack, I've referred to these guys as "cavs". But they are actually called KNIGHTS. Sword knight, lance knight, and axe knight. Sorry about the misconception, I'm just so used to referring to them as cavaliers... Also, armor knights are now just called "armor". Also, Prime, would you predict the addition of bow knights in the future?

PgoPemi.pngbTakl05.png

We already know Aaron's promotion thanks to the Captain! Those are some pretty nice gains, but not amazing.

mbS2ldx.pngTzgpbW6.pngCDbV6NW.png

Jorin becomes a GLORY KNIGHT, which looks...suspiciously similar to the warp knight animation from Midnight Sun!

SMysn9J.png19StcMu.png5sZdyA2.png

Braxton, to symbolize how much OPer he is than the other knights, get special armor and good gains. If you look, you can see he has 8 MOV instead of 6!

Of course, any of these classes might be placeholders. I'm not sure. Also, keep in mind that NONE of them gain a second weapon rank. I thought it would be kinda triangle thing, with them all having secondary specializations in each other's weapons, but nope.

JUKLanY.pngKrxPxUQ.pngMfTSzq3.png

Yup, just a halberdier. Nothing special, but I have to use him because CUSTOM CLASS.

1ZrJEPH.pngwD3Dtnq.pngpMyezMq.png

Yes, that other poster was right, it most certainly IS a mage knight! Those gains are kinda sucky though, and he only gets 7 MOV instead of 8. He does get staves though!

Keep in mind none of these promotions actually happened, and probably won't be happening for a long, long time.

7ZfY4Z9.png

Vance can't promote, naturally.

Okay, let's look at the actual chapter! I'm gonna save that seal for now, but it could be used sooner than you'd think...

70BWvaD.png

This is a good enough setup for me. We'll have to split up.

FtoIEpz.png

This castle looks daunting, but it's kinda not, especially compared to what we fought last chapter! These guys are all high-level, but there isn't an entire SEA of them to fight, at least.

mxl4XbW.pngIsmQQ9w.png

SEVEN chests? There aren't that many keys around, so the way I see it, there are a few possibilities:

A: We get a thief this chapter

B: We get a thief this chapter

C: We get a thief this chapter

D: Prime hates us

ibaITwe.png

Nope, not Valamar! Or anyone important, really.

sPZJ7Zm.pngugkDELA.pngON1b267.png

These bosses are anything BUT jokes now. With a throne, this guy is gonna be tough to beat! He has even MORE avoid than the last boss, plus a special weapon!

IbWaUpc.pngdgsB7Yp.pngdIt0qmY.pngo3tjM6F.pngUfZUdfX.png

There are LOTS of keys around! Why don't you throw us some "master keys", Prime? That would be just great. Door keys are kind of useless on their own...

3p3iCzl.png75yet8o.pngSFNcyDu.png

New weapons, new icons.

KLY1Ubb.png

Only non-key normal droppable.

fpovHgv.png

Starting the chapter, it seems there's no normal dialogue...

5AKruFr.png

Oh no? Turns out that these cells are occupied!

EGX3rli.pngDfW9o9n.png

You can talk to this guy with Vance for a reward. Apparently, some people miss this guy. Of course, I'm sure he's not the one you're interested in.

wpBrn55.pngKo6DXO8.png

The troubador here is the star! She has great starting stats, but let's look at her growths...

GRACIAS'S GROWTHS:

HP: 55%

Magic: 45%

Skill: 50%

Luck: 45%

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 45%

Total: 295%

Gracia is a pretty good troubador. Basically a second Sylvia if your isn't turning out well. I'm not sure whether or not we'll use her, because our team is, at the moment, bursting at the seams. More healers is always good, though...hmmmm...

80+ image prelude...expect this to be the only update I post today. I want to do a big push and get the last two episodes recorded!