DexNav is OP

ZemZem

I got a level 18 skitty before the first gym and I was like DAMNIT why not a Taillow

of course my team was like a level 14 Treecko and level 11 Ralts at the time, so it might have wiped me out.

The first slakoth from Petalburg Woods I found shaking was level 15 with Hammer Arm, and went to my team. Plus a shaking tailow on route 104 had Brave Bird, making her a really good killer. I tried to find some good Ralts, but I gave up quickly on it and took the normal one I got. DexNav is really nifty.

As someone who won't have the game for a bit. What's dexnav?

It is a new feature on the bottom screen of the 3DS. It lets you zone in on a certain wild Pokemon in a given area and obtain egg moves or hidden abilities. You might even find that particular Pokemon at a higher level. Also, the more times you meet the Pokemon in a battle, the higher their DexNav level becomes. With a high DexNav level you have a better chance at obtaining egg moves, higher levels, and perfect IVs. Oh, and if you focus on a certain Pokemon in the DexNav, its encounter rate becomes much higher.

Edited by Esme

It is a new feature on the bottom screen of the 3DS. It lets you zone in on a certain wild Pokemon in a given area and obtain egg moves or hidden abilities. You might even find that particular Pokemon at a higher level. Also, the more times you meet the Pokemon in a battle, the higher their DexNav level becomes. With a high DexNav level you have a better chance at obtaining egg moves, higher levels, and perfect IVs. Oh, and if you focus on a certain Pokemon in the DexNav, its encounter rate becomes much higher.

In other words, gg breeding.

In other words, gg breeding.

Well, breeding guaruntees egg moves and IVs if you do it right. Also, some Pokemon are still not available in the wilderness of Hoenn, I think. So breeding still has its uses.

You are right that it does make egg moves and hidden abilities a lot easier to obtain.

• 2 weeks later...