Fire Emblem 4 0% Growths LTC

MartyTheDemonSlayer

Yep, there's a lua script,but it only displays the first 16 RN's, so in some of the long enemy phases (which are common in FE4 due to its great enemy density at some points and how quickly skills guzzle up RN's) some educated guessing and check is necessary.

Edited by MartyTheDemonSlayer

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably look into that later. It would help a lot for enemy phases when one unit takes on huge numbers of enemies, but for the more complicated enemy phases with multiple units under threat I'd still have to guess and check. The game uses some RN's to determine what the AI does, and while I understand the number of RN's that are usually burned by this, I'm not sure which values yield which results, which leads to some guess work when my strategy relies upon certain units not getting attacked.

Plus there's the whole issue of what changes happen if you reset prior to starting a turn, seems you can get different enemy actions, might help to find out what is happening behind the scenes there.

Yeah... there are a lot of weird things in the FE4 engine. I probably won't be dissecting the AI too much since the weird targeting is only really relevant in the first four chapters and once or twice in the second generation, since after that it's usually one overpowered unit killing everything or a bunch of mounted sword users with similar evade and defenses who all need to dodge a bunch of attacks. It might be interesting to try and dissect the FE4 AI at a later point though. I'd assume that the 3 rn's taken are the parameters of some function the game uses to decide who is attacked, so by trying the same situation with a bunch of different RN chains you could probably work out a general idea of what's going on. It's not immediately useful for this run, but I'll consider testing it out at a later point.

Did it get moved or something? I didn't notice.

Anyways, here's the video for Anphony Castle. Not the most interesting part, but not the most boring either. The next castle (Macklily) is one of the hardest/most interesting castles in the game on 0% growths, so that video should be a lot better than most of the earlier ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAy-_a17ig8&feature=youtu.be

Your commentary has improved by leaps and bounds. Good stuff. I see you took some lessons from Mekkah with that near-death experience remark as well ;P

I'm wondering though are you gonna sell Fin's Hero Lance so it can be passed down to somebody else? I think Fee can inherit it from Fury so you'd have access to it in Ch.6 where it can be given to Oifey.

I didn't even know it was possible to get a double sibling critical. I thought it was something that was rolled for before the battle starts (because of the animation beforehand). I'm also surprised Sigurd could KO that guy even with the double crit, he just has so much def. The power of FE4 crits I guess.

@Yojinbo Cuan uses the Hero Lance at the end of this chapter, Sigurd uses it for a few boss kills in chapter 3, and then it collects dust. It wouldn't really do much for Oifaye in the second generation because he mainly uses the light sword and the second hero sword, and nobody else is really capable of making good use of it. I'll probably pass it down, but I doubt it'll be useful.

@Mekkah lover/sibling crits use RNs in the same way as normal crits. The animation is displayed whenever the RNs work out so that the attacker will get a critical. Yeah, Macbeth is a pain, but 60 attack after the crit is pretty crazy. Crits in this game are ridiculous, 0% growths Celice with a high kill hero sword and a power ring can one round every boss in the second generation except for Alvis, Manfloy, and Julius, and his strength is 8 after promotion.

Anyways, here's Macklily castle. For some reason I just really felt like recording today, so don't expect videos to come this quickly again. I'd say Macklily castle is probably the most interesting part of Generation 1. DEIDRE is the unquestionable MVP of this segment. Need I say more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CFKyuHPFSc&feature=youtu.be

RIP Lex. Just a question, is there a specific reason you have Lachesis heal when she can instead of fight? (Not including situations like "oh crap Holyn's about to die I better heal him")

Also, is it possible for you to "really feel like recording" again? :):

Edited by momogeek2141

I'll probably finish chapter 2 tomorrow, but I'm about to be really busy so I might slow down for a few weeks. I'm honestly not sure why I always have Lachesis heal. It just feels right for some reason, and I think the exp gained is pretty similar. After the emotional responses to lex's not entirely necessary death, I feel like it's my duty to help ease the sorrow next time. I probably need to sacrifice an unprompted cavalry unit to 12 turn chapter 3, and since they're all equallyworthless at this point, would you like me to run a poll on who gets sacrificed?

It's just... a lame way to go. When Sigurd's army goes down in istory as victims to the epic Battle of Belhalla, Lex will be remembered as the guy that got shot down by a ballista near Macklily But hey I'm sure Ayra and Holyn's minds were blown at Deirdre's sick dodges while holding a tome that weighs like 100 lbs.

Hero Axe costs way too many turns. It takes long enough to get through the Verdane Forest without it. Even for a casual player like me the axe takes forever to get so I could hardly imagine how it would be in a strict LTC environment.