Customization

HowEE

I'm try gonna be somewhat realist with my requests, I'm gonna imagine the things aren't gonna be that hard.

1. Skin Tones: I know Japnesse game and all, but if your gonna have characters with dark skin tones at least let us choose dark skins stones.

2. For the love of god include curly hair, I know that basically no ever (Including all of the Sims game I have played) has had curly hair but it can't that hard to implement. (The reason I feel so passionate about this one is that my hair is curly and never been able to really able to find hair in any game that looks remotely like mine)

3. Fully customizable hair color (basically let us use the RGB scale) believe it would actually be pretty easy to impliment.

4. Same with our outfit, I kind of would to screw with colors on my starting outfit

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of these things are pretty wishful, but,

-Color Scale for hair & eyes. They did a pretty good job with hair and eyes in Awakening, my Avatar looked quite like me with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, but it would still be nice to get the perfect tone (But I have a feeling my character is gonna look a bit like a miniMarx with short hair and somewhat lazy looking eyes).

-Skin Tone just because.

-As stated before by someone else, personality options, even if it is just dialouge choices or something like this:

[Character says something]

Your reply?

-Serious

-Happy

-Gloomy

-Funny

I know that seems kinda stupid, but we need SOMETHING. MUs in Awakening were SO BLAND. I almost fell asleep in a few of the Supports.

-Starting Class Chosing. (I'm making this up as I go, so bear with me.) Maybe we could do something like POR Ike with his Squire class, we could be something that PROMOTES INTO a Lord, but depending on the "Trainee Class" we could be something COMPLETELY unique as a Lord and it's promotion. The Lords could be diverse as the ones from the GBA titles, with completely different roles and strong points. Some I've thought of are:

- Heir -> Lord -> Great Lord: Just like Crom/Lucy. Swords and Lances. For boring Nostalgia Whores.

- Squire/Steward? -> Lord -> Warlord: Excells in Strength, Defense, and HP, and wields Swords and Axes.

- Pupil? -> Lord -> ?: Excells in Speed, Magic, and Skill. Wields Swords and Tomes.

- Ranger -> Lord -> Chiefitain?: Excells in Speed, Skill, and Strength wields Swords and Bows.

- Devotee? -> Lord -> Crusader?: Excells in Defense, Resistance, and HP. Wields Swords and Staves.

I could use some help with names and such. I was trying to think up something like a Thief, but that would seem somewhat pointless. I think this idea could be pretty cool! No way it's happening, but it's sure fun to talk about :)

FE's appeal isn't its unlimited customization, but it's still fun. I think the following items are reasonable enough:

-hair style and color (there doesn't have to be many styles, but preferably a few more than in Awakening, and for colors, I don't really want the RGB scale, just a bunch to choose from)

-faces that look different (again, in Awakening, they were all fairly similar)

-preferably build, 'cause I don't like my avatar looking like a child

-skintone (of course, I never leave the house so I always select the palest choice available, but it's tiring when everyone who plays the game has to be ivory white)

-gender, obviously

There doesn't have to be an outfit customization in my opinion, or even class customization (so long as there is a Flaw/Asset type decision), and I don't care either way if voice is changeable, so long as the voice isn't incredibly annoying.

As for pesonality customization, that would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Kamui is, after all (most likely), an avatar and avatars never have that perfect of personalities. Don't hurt me, but I didn't mind Robin all that much, guys. He/she a least wasn't another silent protagonist. Avatars can add to immersion, but are not necessary. I would enjoy jumping into the shoes of a fully-developed character that isn't supposed to be me equally well or more.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

Really what I want is more mechanical customization. So in addition to the asset/flaw system from Awakening I would also like the ability to choose a class set, and what weapon Kamui's lord class uses. Possibly have it set up so that instead of asset giving you a bonus to stat chosen and two peripheral bonuses; instead have the peripherals come from starting weapon. Tomes could give you a bonus to speed and magic, axes could give you a bonus to strength and health, etc.

A less likely thing that I would like is personality customization. Though just a more interesting personality than the avatar had is fine by me.

If I were to think of something for actual appearance customization I'd say skin tone. Other than that I actually Awakening's appearance customization was fine.

More pretty boy options ehehe, and at least let shota-build My Units stay that way when they reclass. 8U

As for customization, I admit I wouldn't mind a skin tone option so my dream of being a cool dark-skinned red-eyed blonde would come true. But other than that, as long as there were more than 5 hair/face styles to choose from, I'd be happy.

I'm really just hoping for more hair and face options if anything, and maybe a bigger color selection. I don't care for the builds really. Maybe we could customise the personality too, with like a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon kind of quiz at the start, just for more uniqueness, but maybe that's asking too much. Maybe more voice options too but I'd be fine if they stayed the same. Different skin tones would be good too.

Edited by Giratina

What I would like:(Some may be obvious but I work in a specific way)

Returning-

Build

Hair

Hair Colour

Voice

Name

B-Day

Asset/Flaw

New-

Eyes

Eye Colour

Mouth

Nose

Scars

Accessors

Skin Tone

Well Skin tones could happen. Pokemon XY gave us the option to make a dark skinned trainer, even if it was only one shade of dark.

I think I'd want most of what the poster above me said, and also the ability to choose what classes my Avatar can reclass into either from several premade pools or individually with the limit being the same as all the other characters number of alt-classes. Premade pools would be far less abusable by min-maxers, but being able to choose individually would be nice. This is less off a personal preference and more a way to address how broken the Avatar was in Awakening since they could be any class.

Also, choosing a personality for your avatar would be cool, even if it would probably be a little difficult to do it well without a lot of extra work for the script writers. They could still do it though, probably. The very first Super Robot Wars Alpha game let you choose a personality for your character, but since that game hasn't been translated into english yet, I don't know how much that effected the dialogue.

Edited by Troublesome Knight

I hope skin color is an option, the only reason I fear it may not is that if our Avatar is the lord, they probably have living relatives and it may be a bit odd if they don't match our character. Then again, our old Avatar looked nothing like Validar so maybe if they just have one parent missing it can always use the excuse of "they take after the parent we don't see."

I think it would be neat if the MU could be another race such as Manakete or Taguel and make some story adjustments to accomodate this. It would be like Dragon Age where certain interactions are different depending on your race and maybe have a few special missions as well.

I don't want to simply ride dragons, I want to be one. :Myrrh::Fa::Yahn::Ninian:

Come to think of it, choosing a personality for your avatar wouldn't be all that difficult. They could just change the dialogue of your avatar without changing the ENTIRE script, making the avatar ultimately say the same thing, but only phrase it to better match he trait you choose... Easy peasy.

Well, I'd like it if they also had some minor dialogue alterations involving characters reacting differently to some of the things the Avatar says or does depending on the personality you chose for them.

Speaking of that, I'd also like it if this minor feature from FE12 was brought back; I've been playing the game and also reading an LP of it, since the English Translation is finished (or rather, I finally noticed it was) and it seems that certain small bits of dialogue change a bit depending on choices you made during character creation. Luke has a different nickname for Chris depending on the Eye option you chose for them, and there's a humorous scene during the prologue chapters where Luke and the rest of the 7th Platoon are discussing the fact that he can't get a date and he wonders if maybe changing his hairstyle to match Chris's would help. If Chris is female, Rody will ask why he thinks copying a girl's hairstyle will help him, and if Chris is male and using the Afro hairstyle he'll change his mind and say he'd probably scare everyone away if he copied it, which offend's Chris. It would be fun if they could do that again with Kamui.

Edited by Troublesome Knight

Well, I'd like it if they also had some minor dialogue alterations involving characters reacting differently to some of the things the Avatar says or does depending on the personality you chose for them.

Speaking of that, I'd also like it if this minor feature from FE12 was brought back; I've been playing the game and also reading an LP of it, since the English Translation is finished (or rather, I finally noticed it was) and it seems that certain small bits of dialogue change a bit depending on choices you made during character creation. Luke has a different nickname for Chris depending on the Eye option you chose for them, and there's a humorous scene during the prologue chapters where Luke and the rest of the 7th Platoon are discussing the fact that he can't get a date and he wonders if maybe changing his hairstyle to match Chris's would help. If Chris is female, Rody will ask why he thinks copying a girl's hairstyle will help him, and if Chris is male and using the Afro hairstyle he'll change his mind and say he'd probably scare everyone away if he copied it, which offend's Chris. It would be fun if they could do that again with Kamui.

Haven't played FE12, but this sounds fun. Simple enough,too. I would like to see that in FE14, as well.

If the player character doesn't have to start off as a player-exclusive class (like Tactician in Awakening), then another option for customization would be for the player's starting class like in Heroes of Light and Shadow.

I'd just like some more options for hair, skin colour options, some more faces, maybe facial hair and accessories and armour colour. Don't need sliders or anything that in-depth.

Edited by Knight