Returning units from Awakening, possible?

szechuan

Returning units from Awakening?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Any possibility of units from FE:A returning?

• Yes, some units may return as a complete character.
    • Yes, but just one or two.
    • Yes, but as a DLC or amiibo.
    • Yes, but as xenologues or as some characters from other games appeared in FE:A.
    • No, 0% possibility.
  2. 2. Do you want some characters to return? (From Awakening)

• Yassssssss!
    • Only a few.
    • NO.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I thought... could some units from FE:A return?

In that case, would they return as xenologues/DLC?

As the vast majority of units from previous games returned as avatar variants as free content (the battles against characters from the past games and soldiers)?

Or as a full characters with even relationships?

And if they return, would they use the old model (change a bit) or just as the free content/DLC returned in Awakening?

Personally, i think I would like to see some characters, even if it's only as DLC or free content, because I liked them a lot! But as full characters I see it almost impossible, and I don't think I would like it too much...

Share your opinion! :D

Edited by misterarrowkey

The setting seems closer to something totally new (or to a much lesser extent FE6/7) than it does to FE13, so if they do, it'd be the return of Einrejar/etc.

And tbh I'm not fond of FE13's cast besides a select few units so I just hope we get Lucina, Henry, and Nowi and a few others.

So long as we get Wolt DLC/Spotpass I'm good

Honestly I hope this game has its own story separate from the other games.There may be Einherjar like in the last game with DLC but I hope the main story is its own.

Honestly this game I really hope has 0 characters of awakening there personalities really got on my nerves and seeing someone return like owain or someone obnoxious like that would be a big letdown for the game I don't even want similarities in these characters I want brand new less obnoxious characters.

I didn't really like the characters from Awakening all that much, aside from maybe Lon'qu. I'm hoping characters from previous game don't appear in the main story, but perhaps as DLC that isn't connected to the plot in any way whatsoever.

I don't think any previous units will return story-wise, since I'm pretty sure they confirmed this to be a separate game from others. The only ones i can see being in it are maybe the manaketes, but I doubt that either way. But they'll probably include some in DLC or Spotpass, since they did so in Awakening. While I wouldn't want to see them in the story at all, it'd be cool to see them back in this game.

I really hope there are no units from Awakening. Not because I found them annoying or anything, but because it's a new game. The story of Awakening is finished, let's have a new one. I want a completely different cast of characters, and an all new story.

However if Nintendo makes some outrealm shenanigans DLCs where you fight Awakening characters I think that'd be okay. In fact I'd encourage it because people who buy Lucina or Robin amiibos should get some benefit from it.

I can only see a selection of the Awakening characters return as Spotpass and/or DLC characters if Spotpass and/or DLC were to be implemented, especially since the main game seems to be of a separate plotline all to itself. Robin, Lucina, Marth and Ike -- I can see them as content received via amiibos.

Yes, but as Rallybots Spotpass/DLC/Amiibos... etc. only please! Though I don't mind recurring elements returning, like Anna or even Naga; as long as no relation of any kind to Awakening's universe (and by extension, of any other previous title) exists in the main story.

I also don't particularly care who return.

Edited by Ryo

I think FE works best when all universes are allowed to stand alone without trying to force them into the same world. Awakening might have worked out a lot better if they weren't trying to make Chrom and Lucina the descendants of Marth, and fit in all of the other lords into the continuity as well. So I'd rather not see units returning from Awakening because I prefer the universes to be stand alone.

If they do, only as spotpass units

I'd like to see Anna do just a cameo and not be a playable unit this time too, it's nice that she's in every game but she had too much screen time in FE13

Mmmm... I wish some of them appear on spotpass or DLC now that I think. but please, if they return: WITH THE SAME ARTWORK AND MODEL (not a recolor of the avatar like on the previous games) AND NOT THAT HORRIBLE CARD STUFF. Please :C

And if I had to chose 5 or so, I would chose Chrome, Lucina, default Robin, Nowi and Henry, Tharja or Lon'qu (not my favourites, but the ones that are most likely)

I have a feeling if this game is even in the same universe it will be a prequel, so I couldn't see how characters could even return without using some more time travel shenanigans. Also, the reason that all those characters were included in Awakening is likely because there was a strong possibility that it was going to be the last Fire Emblem game. We already have recurring archetypes, I don't think it's a good idea to push it further and just start recurring actual characters.

I have a feeling if this game is even in the same universe it will be a prequel, so I couldn't see how characters could even return without using some more time travel shenanigans.

If it is a prequel I wonder if we'll get to see Chrom and his sisters father. His campaign of destruction and eventual sudden death seemed like they'd be interesting topics for a prequel.

I don't think they're coming back at all. And if they do it will probably be in the form of the Einhejars that were in some of the Awakening DLC otherwise the trailer makes me think that while this game might have some similarities here and there, I don't think it's going to be related at all.