Force's Jugdral: a blind FE4/5 Screenshot LP

lonelyVoxel

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good question?

• Yes
    • No
    • That's a rather questionable question...
    • OBJECTION!!!
    • Should I answer this question with a question?
  2. 2. How should I refer to Sigurd's son?

• Seliph
    • Serlis
    • Celice
    • Other spelling
  3. 3. Should I stop keeping track of re-move activations?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started following this run, because I love me some blind Jugdral, and I must say...

What the fuck are these trash tier ships?! I expect more from newcomers, fucking hell.

No but really good job so far.

Edited by Sophie

Pun?

Future Force: Update 18 or so will have the pun in its full glory. A certain Ethlyn and Quan convo will make it VERY literal.

I just started following this run, because I love me some blind Jugdral, and I must say...

What the fuck are these trash tier ships?! I expect more from newcomers, fucking hell.

No but really good job so far.

To be completely honest, Roxy.OS and I pulled the pairings out of our asses. The only times I've looked at resources were for determining whether or not a pairing was possible, for Tiltyu and Briggid mainly since they join so late, and after I complete a chapter or section to see what I missed. Otherwise, I think I only looked up repair costs for staves since I overuse them.

Danku c=

Roxy.OS: Please stick around for the mega update!

Aww, I'd much rather garbage... I didn't expect too much from the convos anyway, since apparently IS was too lazy to have personal lines. cx

Would anyone happen to have any footage of the old Edda shenanigans?

wait whos edda

THis screenshot lp of the old version includes one version of the conversation, but the identities of the characters talking are major spoilers, and that update includes a large chunk of other spoilery stuff, so click at you own risk: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Geneology-of-the-Holy-War/Update%2039/

Edited by sirmola

THis screenshot lp of the old version includes one version of the conversation, but the identities of the characters talking are major spoilers, and that update includes a large chunk of other spoilery stuff, so click at you own risk: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-Geneology-of-the-Holy-War/Update%2039/

I'll wait until I get to the end, then.

As of Friday night, all Generation 1 gameplay has been completed. I leave for a week on a backpacking trip tomorrow and will be back on the afternoon of next Sunday. I'll likely start typing up things then. Depending on how much time I can take out of my school day and time at home, I will push out updates as I have before, by castle, or if time allows by chapter. If I go by castle, Chapter five will have only two updates since the last two bosses were lumped into one set of screenshots as there wasn't a ton going on for the first. Once I push all of these out, possibly while I do, I will start play of Thracia.

Edited by Forceman

Btw, you did in fact kill the village girl's boyfriend. According to the site, there is dialog for it if you wait to visit her village until after the battle with the Cross Knights. She blames Shagall, though.

Edited by BrightBow

Btw, you did in fact kill the village girl's boyfriend. According to the site, there is dialog for it if you wait to visit her village until after the battle with the Cross Knights. She blames Shagall, though.

IS, you sadistic bastards.

IS, you sadistic bastards.

That was probably more of a Kaga thing. He seems to like doing that. For example in TRS...

[spoiler=TRS spoilers]

In TRS, at one point get to fight a bunch of injured soldiers who despite being in no condition to fight refuse their commander's orders to stay put. They are represented as a bunch of lv1 units near endgame. There is also a painfully easy fight against the crew of a supply vessel, whose helplessness is highlighted by fighting a far tougher battle against an actual warship immediately afterwards. The player (but not the main character) finds out later in a throw-away line that the captain of the supply vessel was responsible for saving the life of the sister of one of the PCs.

It should be noted that the commander in the first case was just stalling for time until he was officially allowed to lay down arms. The war ended immediately afterwards, so the battle was completely pointless. In the second case, the PCs were pirates doing some actual plundering.

But in IS games these days, you only get to kill the obligatory sympathetic antagonist. I don't think they ever did something as subtle as this ever again.

Edit: Sorry for the lack of a spoiler tag previously.

Edited by BrightBow

Ah man, I love how the old translation translated Chagall as Shagaal. Didn't even make sense. Anyway, I'll remember that for next run.

That was probably more of a Kaga thing. He seems to like doing that.

[spoiler=spoilerythings]Like, in TRS you at one point get to fight a bunch of injured soldiers who despite being in no condition to fight refuse their commander's orders to stay put. They are represented as a bunch of lv1 units near endgame. There is also a painfully easy fight against the crew of a supply vessel, whose helplessness is highlighted by fighting a far tougher battle against an actual warship immediately afterwards. The player (but not the main character) finds out later in a throw-away line that the captain of the supply vessel was responsible for saving the life of the sister of one of the PCs.

It should be noted that the commander in the first case was just stalling for time until he was officially allowed to lay down arms. The war ended immediately afterwards, so the battle was completely pointless. In the second case, the PCs were pirates doing some actual plundering.

But in IS games these days, you only get to kill the obligatory sympathetic antagonist. I don't think they ever did something as subtle as this ever again.

Could you please put this in a spoiler? I feel like this is borderline revealing for TRS.
Dang, I wish Kaga put more of that stuff in FE. Especially the first one so things could have made it into Shadow Dragon. Wish I didn't know that just yet, though, since TRS is a game I still have yet to play.

Wish I had the next update out, but this one has a record 440 images associated with it. They're only getting longer from here on out, fellas! I've decided to have Chapter 5 as only one update so Gen 1 can go out with a bang.

Ah man, I love how the old translation translated Chagall as Shagaal. Didn't even make sense. Anyway, I'll remember that for next run.

Could you please put this in a spoiler? I feel like this is borderline revealing for TRS.

Dang, I wish Kaga put more of that stuff in FE. Especially the first one so things could have made it into Shadow Dragon. Wish I didn't know that just yet, though, since TRS is a game I still have yet to play.

Wish I had the next update out, but this one has a record 440 images associated with it. They're only getting longer from here on out, fellas! I've decided to have Chapter 5 as only one update so Gen 1 can go out with a bang.

For Orgahil alone? Dude.

@Brightbow, you can beat the map in a way so never have to fight them in the first situation, if I'm thinking of the right one. You can't really get away with not fighting the cross knights. The second I can agree with. It is probably more a Kaga thing than IS specifically, though, IMO there's probably not a sadder enemy character than Bryce from PoR.

Edited by bottlegnomes

For Orgahil alone? Dude.

You'd be surprised at the album sizes for things. I never use every single image, though, as I take a screenshot for each time a unit gains a stat in a level up and each part of text in dialogue. At most I use 3/4, at least 2/3 or somewhere around those numbers.

You'd be surprised at the album sizes for things. I never use every single image, though, as I take a screenshot for each time a unit gains a stat in a level up and each part of text in dialogue. At most I use 3/4, at least 2/3 or somewhere around those numbers.

I cut my numbers in about half. I take snaps of everything, but I end up not using half of them because they're repetitive. I thought 600 for the entirety of chapter 3 was large. But damn.

I cut my numbers in about half. I take snaps of everything, but I end up not using half of them because they're repetitive. I thought 600 for the entirety of chapter 3 was large. But damn.

I looked back on my image amounts, and it seems that I spiked my screenshot amounts after Chapter 2. I don't know what caused that, but increased enemy volume may have been a factor. I'll have to do a count on how many actually are seen, but I know that you don't use a lot of images due to not doing story in your run.

Alright chicos, here's the last of Chapter 3! I may be able to push out another update in two days, but no promises.

Roxy.OS: Gather 'round!

Yewfelle definitely isn't bad, but it's the worst of the Holy weapons. 70 hit is pretty bad, and renewal is mostly useless. It's a really good weapon though.

Also, your Briggid stinks. Either that, or I got used to the Briggid in FE4 Mountless.

Also, no, if you do a certain pairing in Gen 2 that causes one pair of children to have major blood, then you perform a glitch that causes the legendary weapon for them to appear in the pawn shop (which can't be done without said glitch) then only that pair and the original wielder can buy it. No other * sword users can buy it. It's not easy to type that without spoiling.

Oh, I see.

My Briggid doesn't stink, she just hasn't hit caps yet :Kappa:

Alright. Good that they blood-locked the holy weapons rather than rank-locked like everything else.

Another update with beginning plot and grinding, hot off the press! Actual gameplay update should be done in two days. Expect each castle to take that amount of time, possibly three come Chapter 5.

Roxy.OS: I can't even cool this with my advanced cooling system please take it from me.

PLEASE do not make any comments that are pointless! I've seen some suggestions that are basically "Add line/remove line." This is more pet peeve level, as I can remove them, but unless you really have something you think should be changed, then please go ahead.

Edited by Forceman

Hola chicos! I overestimated how fast I could get an update out. I was just a minute late, but that minute caused me to be unable to post this, due to an Internet curfew I have. With my apologies, gather 'round for Force's Jugdral:

Roxy.OS: This one is actually way too cold this time

So apparently school is a thing that can delay Let's Plays. Plus, things are simply getting longer from here on out. There will be two more updates for Gen 1 after this, the last half of Ch. 4 and all of Ch. 5, with conclusive thoughts. I'm going to be gone for a month from June 14th until July 14th at a sleepaway camp, in which timeframe I will have absolutely no access to a computer. That will probably cut FE5 into halves, or if I'm slow into a third before, two thirds after.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh shit, I didn't realize until now that there may have been additional conversations after seizing Silesse. What all did I miss?

Only THE BEST WEAPON IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

Goddamnit Force, please.

Edited by Sophie

Oh. Welp. I overwrote my Ch. 4 save, so I can't go back and see it plus I don't feel like doing Ch. 5 again.

Roxy.OS: Oh man, future you is gonna ride you so hard for this!

Yeah, tell me about it...