Who were your first marriage choices?

Lily

(Morgan was so bad)

Does not compute. You cant make Morgs bad really.

Donnel for my first playthrough, Gangrel for my second. Donnel I had decided back when info was still coming out for the game. Donnel was just so adorable, especially in his confession scene, so I just had to marry him first~ Gangrel I decided once I had cleared the game once after recruiting everyone. It kind of pissed me off that he just went and died in some gutter after going through all that trouble to save his sorry ass in the first place, so I was determined to marry him. That and Gangrel is like the only well developed character among the Spotpass recruits as well as the only villain I felt any sympathy for.

I haven't done any normal male Avatar playthroughs, but I've always wanted to marry Lissa or Maribelle because they are the best girls with the best sons, especially in Mariblelle's case~

Im planning on doing a feMU run where i marry Gangrel.

First time i played the game, i made a bee-line to Virion. And on that run, he killed Validar with a Log. So OP.

First time i maleMU'd? Ummm...i think Tharja. I cant really remember. It was either her or Aversa.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im planning on doing a feMU run where i marry Gangrel.

First time i played the game, i made a bee-line to Virion. And on that run, he killed Validar with a Log. So OP.

First time i maleMU'd? Ummm...i think Tharja. I cant really remember. It was either her or Aversa.

Ruling Plegia like a bamf, right?

It's too bad there really aren't a whole lot of FeMu romantic supports I like. I didn't even like Donnel's support with her, which honestly made me sad since I really liked him :/

Ruling Plegia like a bamf, right?

It's too bad there really aren't a whole lot of FeMu romantic supports I like. I didn't even like Donnel's support with her, which honestly made me sad since I really liked him :/

I thought the ones with Henry and Stahl were good.

In my first/second file, I married Chrom/Gangrel. I haven't decided who to marry in my male file yet, although I love Olivia/Tharja/Severa, so I have a while before any of them are available anyway.

First playthrough? Completely blind bromance with Chrom and later Ricken. No Second Seals, either (Ricken was DK). It was pretty fun. No clue who killed Grima.

Does not compute. You cant make Morgs bad really.

You can ingame if you saddle her with Taguel's no skills/weapon ranks.

Just out of genuine curiosity who were your first marriage choices?

And as a bonus, who did you use the first times you defeated Grima?

Normal- Frederick!Morgan

Hard- Henry

Lunatic- Ricken

Lunatic+- I can't do it.. >_<

My first waifus were Lon'qu and Sully respectively.

I honestly don't remember who I used on Hard-mode..probably Chrom or Lucina, but on both Luna and Luna+ I always make it a rule that the Avatar has to take on Grima on their own.

In fact, he took him out in one blow! With a critical hit, but still. ^^

What difficulty are you on?

Only played MaMU I married Lissa because I wanted to see if she would prank MU in the S support, sadly no.

Killed Grima with MU because I thought I had to kill him with Grima to get the "Grima actually dies and hopefully we're finally done with archanea games" ending.

On my second hard mode I made MU generic Robin and married him to Tharja because the unit description on Tharja said she liked him so I assumed she was the canon option (I tend to go for pairings that feel cannon), never again.

Killed Grima with Cynthia I think.

On Lunatic I ragequit after realizing on chapter 1 that I got screwed by the RNG in my level ups during prologue so I didn't marry anyone or get to kill Grima.

Edited by saifors

Yay, somebody else did Freddy x Female Avatar! ^^

Freddy is the only man I've married an Avatar to. I've also only beaten the game once, so he's the only character I've ever used to stomp Grima into oblivion. In fact, he took him out in one blow! With a critical hit, but still. ^^

I just haven't felt like replaying the game. It's probably because the story wasn't that great at all to me.

I don't know if I could ever marry a female Avatar to anyone but Frederick though. I mean, I could definitely make a different female and marry her to Stahl or something, but I always feel more like sticking with my first and only female and doing Freddy x Avatar again. xP

hehe on my first run I considered to marry my character to Frederick as well, but Stahl got first the S Support so i did him instead :p altough i did Frederick around my 3rd run :p

On my first male Avatar run i did Lucina just because i wanted to see what happened in chapter 21 if they were married, now i find that couple pretty boring.

I don´t remember who defeated Grima on my first run but maybe it was either Cordelia or Sumia.

Er, why does that matter, exactly?

Because Lunatic(+) Grima has 99/53/53 defenses, 45 Lck (crits? Not often), 110 Avo, Dragonskin and 80-100% Pavise (capped GK Fred@Silver lance with no boosts/pairup does 3 damage to him). It gives a ton of respect to get rid of him in one shot. Normal/Hard Grimas have much lower Lck and defenses making things like that fairly common if you can get a proc+crit on a capped unit.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Well, I didn't know. I played on Normal because it was my first playthrough. And my Frederick did have a few capped stats.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I know there's a difference. I just didn't know critical hits on Grima were so common on Normal if you have a character with some capped stats fight him.

Yeah, he's pretty neutered in Normal as opposed to the higher difficulties, so it's much easier to overkill him with crits and such, and as a result less impressive overall.

Huh, I see. Well, Frederick was the only one who could do a decent amount of damage to Grima, and I did a lot of grinding (kind of required in order to cap any of his stats lol)... Not even my Avatar could do nearly as much and she was +str.

Edited by Anacybele

Every time female, Fredrick, nothing but Fredrick,

Wow, I thought I was the only one who could marry the female to no one but Freddy! :o

Er, why does that matter, exactly?

For all the reasons Czar posted...

I figured you were on Normal or Hard, I was just asking on the off chance you were on Lunatic and you meant ORKO, not OHKO. And from Frederick that would take like...four crit Luna hits with a Brave. Even then, I think he's still like 3 damage short.

I'll have to test that out some time...

Even with boosts from a +str wife like my Avatar? Because he was paired with her at the time.

Edited by Anacybele

1st run: MaMU x Tharja

2nd run: MaMU x Aversa

3rd run: FeMU x Lon'qu

4th run: MaMU x Sumia

5th run: FeMU x Chrom

6th run: Currently playing, but torn between Lucina and Cynthia.

Oh, he could definitely ORKO Lunatic+ Grima. 4x25 damage needed, for 25 against Grima you need 100 more than his Def. Luna Def is 28, so Fred needs 128 Atk. He probably can't reach that with a Brave, but if he gets one crit out of 4 he only needs to do 17 base (96 with Luna) which he can definitely reach with DLC. Without DLC he's actually still capable of perfectly reaching it with a +9 Str support (GK):

Atk: 48(base) +2(mods) +8(Rally) +9(Wyvern Lord pairup) +2(tonic) +2(Special Dance) +2(Str+2) +1(Defender) +4(Barracks) +18(5/15 Brave Axe) =96

Spd: 37(base) -2(mods) +8(Rally) +3(pairup) +2(tonic) +1(Defender) =49, which is 1 short. He thus needs a double perfect Barracks Boost (+Def/Spd) to do this.

Crit shouldn't be a problem, Avatar gives +35 from combined DSp+/Solidarity/Anathema/S support and he can make up the other 10 needed for listed crit from his own Skl. Hit rates, however, likely will be- he'll want to pack Quick Burn for sure.

All this is also assuming Avatar isn't DSing. If she is then he'll go down a lot easier.

I'll have to test that out some time...

I've already OHKOed Lunatic+ Grima both through Pavise+ and with Mire before, so it can definitely be done.

Even with boosts from a +str wife like my Avatar? Because he was paired with her at the time.

Your Avatar's asset/flaw don't actually change what stats they give on pairup. Those are based on their current class, support rank and current stats- but adding extra stats over 30 has no further effect.

I typically marry Chrom, but only because there's no other choice for me. I honestly don't like any of the guys (maybe a hyperbole, but you get the point). None of them have pretty hair colors like the girls do, but y'know in Awakening, a female avatar has gotta a marry a guy!

If a male avatar, I usually marry Cordelia, so Severa can have everything she wants :)

Though I once chose Cherche, because she gave Morgan that beautiful pink hair.