April 2015 Nintendo Direct hype thread

VincentASM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqCg-TCxJw

My write up of the trailer

Basic info from the trailer:

• Customisable Avatar is back. Has bigger focus; the main character this time.
  • Two nations at war: Peace-loving Hoshido and glory-seeking Nohr.
  • You--the Avatar--were raised by Nohr's royal family, but born in Hoshido's royal family.
  • You can side with either nation, but you can "only choose one path".
  • Enemies can make use of the Dual system now (apparent from the 2 vs 2 battles).
  • Avatar can use "dragon's vein" to create bridges and can transform into a dragon in battle.
  • Characters and world the same, but decisions can drastically affect the storyline, battles and outcome.
  • Hoshido: traditional path, focusing on repelling Nohr. Accessible due to similarity with previous games.
  • Nohr: More complex as you try to fix Nohr form the inside. More challenging difficulty.
  • Releases in 2016 in North America, 25th June 2015 in Japan.

Japan Nintendo Direct:

(May not apply to North America/Europe/etc.)

pkg.jpg

• Game is split into two versions: Fire Emblem if White Night Kingdom [Hoshido] and Fire Emblem if Dark Night Kingdom [Nohr].
  • You can buy the other version as DLC for less than the game: 1852 Yen vs 4700 Yen.
  • There is also a big DLC dubbed "The Third Path", which also costs 1852 Yen.
  • Unlike the packaged games, there's only one digital version. After progressing past Chapter 6, you can choose which route (and thus version to play) and then your choice is locked forever.
  • There will a limited edition with both versions, the big DLC and extras, costing 9,250 Yen.
Edited by VincentASM

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy that we get a pawn Lord rather than an Avatar character, making Kamui a fully fleshed out character was the right move. Also I doubt we'll have customizations.

I'm working on getting the details up, as well as waiting for somebody to upload the trailer.

While we're waiting, feel free to discuss the trailer here. Although I assume there's probably lots of screaming going on in the other Direct threads.

So it looks like we're getting two separate stories and DLC on top of that. Interesting... Are we getting two versions of the game? I couldn't tell.

From what I could tell, it seemed like it would be one game. Also, here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNQcJq_wnhk

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

I'm really digging the choice of what faction to fight for. No really outright "good" side both having their merits and such different endings and all. Only disappointment is having to wait till an undisclosed date in 2016.

Kamui is a royal born in the Asian nation but raised in the Western nation, Dancer lady seem to be from the Asian side as well. Maybe even a royal... Please don't cockblock me IS, I FUCKING BEG U!!

Fuck yeah #TeamHoshido I want my swordmaster Jeigan.

Also

SHAPESHIFTERS

NINJAS

ENEMY PAIR UP

MAP MECHANICS

AVATAR PROTAGONIST THAT WON'T STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT

TWO STORIES

This is everything Awakening isn't! Oh happy day.

Man this is going to be epic! Finally some new information and a new trailer. I really feel like playing that ''Revolution'' type plotline Nohr is promising us after I beat the Hoshido campaign .

Hmm, I don't want to believe it, but it seems like 2 separate games. I'm looking at the last couple of slides, but it's late at night and I'm confused.

There are two versions: Fire Emblem if White Night Kingdom and Fire Emblem if Dark Night Kingdom.

"White Night Kingdom" and "Dark Night Kingdom" can be purchased as DLC.

There's also another DLC, "the third part", which costs the same as a single version.

Finally, there's a limited edition package that includes all three together, plus extras.

I don't even care if it comes out in 2016 and it will destroy my high school graduation exam grades. It looks so GOOD.

SHAPESHIFTERS
NINJAS
ENEMY PAIR UP
MAP MECHANICS
AVATAR PROTAGONIST THAT WON'T STEAL THE SPOTLIGHT
TWO STORIES

This is everything Awakening isn't! Oh happy day.

That is all I could have said.

Anyways, IMO it's going to be a single game. If there were two, they would have said it today.

The hype is real.

I may fight for the Nohr side every time after I complete Hoshido as my side. I would like the extra challenge, especially considering how Awakening lacked challenge outside of bs fake difficulty and DLC.

This also might be the grayest plotline Fire Emblem has ever seen

Edited by Voidlord

Hmm, I don't want to believe it, but it seems like 2 separate games. I'm looking at the last couple of slides, but it's late at night and I'm confused.

There are two versions: Fire Emblem if White Night Kingdom and Fire Emblem if Dark Night Kingdom.

"White Night Kingdom" and "Dark Night Kingdom" can be purchased as DLC.

There's also another DLC, "the third part", which costs the same as a single version.

Finally, there's a limited edition package that includes all three together, plus extras.

You think it'll be like a Pokemon game? I doubt it.... Pls no.

I assume you'll already have all the new character names and such covered, so don't need me here. XD

Game looks okay, I won't get my hopes up to enjoy it without expectations whenever it comes to Japan. The two games thing is an interesting way to go about it...

Looking up names of the new characters in the trailer.

Purple-haired girl is named Kamira

Red samurai is Ryouma

Old king is Garon

Guy/girl (I can't tell) is Tsubaki

Assassin is Saizou

2nd purple hair girl is Orochi

Healer girl is Sakura

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Guys, my life is accomplished now.

I can sleep in peace.

I'm feeling so much the Ninja guy being a pre-promote one, foreshadowing that the Thief's promotion will be this.

I also translated a few names by my side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x9NgMeRUkc8#t=171

The guy here is Tsubaki
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x9NgMeRUkc8#t=175
Here is Saizou
the two girls speaking after him are : Orote and Sakura

And I would like to point a quite bizarre fact, about the name of the monster that speaks to Kamui in this scene :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x9NgMeRUkc8#t=185

The demon here, is named "Nosuferatou" which would more be like "Nosferatu" if we try to understand what is the reference here.

Since the Nosferatu was a dark magic tome in the previous FE, that makes kind of sense with the dark nature of that demon, but why give such a name to this demon when it was the name of a tome before ?

Edited by Finn