April 2015 Nintendo Direct hype thread

VincentASM

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1021888

So it sounds to me like everything is coded into the game(oh, how i hate on disc dlc), and the game gives you a choice at chapter 6 and sets a flag to lock off half the content. If that is the case, all theamerican version has to do is dummy out the flag. (plus, i wouldn't be surprised if the dlc just sets another flag to allow all content, in which the american version might come with the flag stuck to "on".

I stand corrected.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alos keep in mid that things like games getting updated re-releases six months later happen in japan all the time (for example, the bravely default that we got is based on the japanse rerelese, and not the original, which did not include things like selectable encounter rate and auto battle). They are probably a LOT more tolerant of stuff like this then we are, given how much it happens. Nintendo is probably aware of this, and structured things accordingly.

Edited by sirmola

Oh, yeah. Huh, that totally is him. Well, mystery solved. I wonder what he's doing there...

Judging from the trailer, this battle seems to be the turning point in which your Avatar chooses their side. So it'd make sense if he was there.

Edited by Monado Boy

Based upon these two images and taking hints from Awakening's calculations, I've determined the following:

Iron Bow (鉄の弓) stats:

Mt: 9

Hit: 80

Crt: 0

Nohr Godsword (夜刀神) stats:

Mt: 8

Hit: 85

Crt: 0

Accuracy calculation:

floor[WeaponHit + (Skill*3 + Luck)/2]

Avoid calculation:

floor[(Speed*3 + Luck)/2]

Crit calculation:

WeaponCrit + floor[skill/3]

Also, for the chart. The Japanese website has a very small picture with a previously unseen blue-haired cavalier.

sc3.jpg

And you caught the new person on the Nohr box art, but there is also a new guy on the Hoshido box art, all the way on the right wearing a black shirt, white frills with white hair. Behind Felicia. He is hard to see.

pkg.jpg

Hey look, a better picture of blue haired cavalier:

nohr4.jpg

This one has new map sprites as well:

nohr5.jpg

Edited by Sawslothducksaucestrawman

Also, for the chart. The Japanese website has a very small picture with a previously unseen blue-haired cavalier.

sc3.jpg

And you caught the new person on the Nohr box art, but there is also a new guy on the Hoshido box art, all the way on the right wearing a black shirt, white frills with white hair. Behind Felicia. He is hard to see.

pkg.jpg

Right you are! I've updated the chart. (For those wondering where it is, it's here.)

Also, another thing to note: Thieves (シーフ) can only use bows!

Edited by Aethin

So we can finally see the bottom screen. Kinda disappointed on a couple of things. The fact I'm seeing space for six skill slots just tells me they'll be going with Second Seals again. After all, why else would you need all those skill slots? Also, the simple tome icon for Kamui tells me there's no magic separation.

EDIT: I just found out from GameFAQs that there's no weapon durability. I'm... not sure how I feel about that.

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

So we can finally see the bottom screen. Kinda disappointed on a couple of things. The fact I'm seeing space for six skill slots just tells me they'll be going with Second Seals again. After all, why else would you need all those skill slots? Also, the simple tome icon for Kamui tells me there's no magic separation.

EDIT: I just found out from GameFAQs that there's no weapon durability. I'm... not sure how I feel about that.

Eh.. what tome icon?

If you check Play Asia (search "Fire Embllem if"), they have slightly bigger versions of the boxart.

I'm wondering if any other shopping or game sites have it in larger resolution...

EDIT: Too slow. Amazon Japan added the boxarts. Tasty...

EDIT2: Nohr and Hoshido

Edited by VincentASM

Now that I notice it both Kamui's sword and his dragonstone don't have durabilty. Then why money still exist? In Gaiden weapons didn't have durabilty, but there weren't shops either. I hope durabilty doesn't disappear, it's a core mechainc of FE games. Please IS don't turn FE into FFT.

Exactly, its a stone icon, like a Dragonstone. Tome icons don't look like that.

Ah. My mistake. I was looking at the icon on my new 3DS, and I thought it was a tome. The idea of it being a stone never even crossed my mind.

Also, I found this on Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/details-differences-two-version-fire-emblem/

According to them, the White version will have alternative ways of acquiring experience outside the story, and more freedom developing characters, while both of those are limited in the Black version. It kinda sounds like the Black story will play like older Fire Emblems, where you go from chapter to chapter with no rest in between.

5lAT5X.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMedqo8mLaQ

Just got the word from the direct here that were getting this game next year in NA. So long...To Be Announced for the United States flag!

Edited by PuffPuff

Also, I found this on Siliconera

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/02/details-differences-two-version-fire-emblem/

According to them, the White version will have alternative ways of acquiring experience outside the story, and more freedom developing characters, while both of those are limited in the Black version. It kinda sounds like the Black story will play like older Fire Emblems, where you go from chapter to chapter with no rest in between.

I really, sincerely hope that's true! While I do like the whole map-based free progression from FE8 and FE13, I think I might like the other 'system' even better. I can't help myself - I always grind, even if it ruins the fun and challenge of the game for me.

Of course, if there's no map-based grinding but arenas instead I'll probably end up doing that. Maybe I should just learn to control myself.

So, the legend ends today.

THERE'S NO BLUE-HAIRED LORD TO SAVE THE WORLD ANYMORE.

(Blue-haired dancer, though.)

Apparently, IS enjoys white-haired avatars heroes.

Edit: I don't think Avatar was truly born in Hoshido's royal family. They don't look like their siblings and they seem to be the only ones that can transform into a dragon.

Edited by kalheig

I really, sincerely hope that's true! While I do like the whole map-based free progression from FE8 and FE13, I think I might like the other 'system' even better. I can't help myself - I always grind, even if it ruins the fun and challenge of the game for me.

Of course, if there's no map-based grinding but arenas instead I'll probably end up doing that. Maybe I should just learn to control myself.

That way the elitists can jerk each other off!

Awakening was not actually that easy to grind in outside of DLC/normal mode. People just want to get their hipster feels going.

Awakening was not actually that easy to grind in outside of DLC/normal mode.

Really? I only ever played the easiest mode (whichever that is), so I didn't know.

I agree that the music sounds fantastic so far.