Illusory Revelations#FE General Discussion

Oh, right, forget the boss battle! Those dual attacks look anywhere from painful (methinks poor Caeda's going to be benched, just like a draft) to amusing. However, I can't tell who Eleonora's mirage is supposed to be. Wields a bow, has long blond hair. . .wonder if she'd be able to take on a dude's mirage?

Well there is Briggid, Louise and acouple others who can kinda fit.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones off the top of my head are Briggid, Igrene, and Louise. The dudes in question? Jeorge, and MAYBE Takumi. However, if it really is a blond female mirage with a bow, that means that something from FE 4/6/7 made it in!

I'd really like it to be Briggid personally ^^ although Igrene and Louise would also be nice. They are my favorite snipers :P

I feel like the player characters are really powerful right now, which is the opposite of SMT 4. This IS Atlus, so I wouldn't be surprised if the difficulty spikes like crazy somewhere. . .

Could it be possible that the characters are so powerful because it's a debug version of the game? IIRC, they stated that Eleonora wasn't supposed to appear in the Gangrel fight. So it's possible that the difficulty shown here isn't representative of how it will be in the final product.

An interview has surfaced, explaining how the game came to be

http://venturebeat.com/2015/06/18/how-nintendo-and-atlus-made-shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-happen/#

One part is really interesting to note:

Q. For fans of one or both series, the appeal is easy, but I wonder about someone who’s never played a game from either series. Is there anything that could get in the way of their enjoyment? Was that considered at all in your approach?

A. This game was made as an entirely new IP. It may use some bits of the Fire Emblem series as motifs, but there are no demons or anything like you’d see from Shin Megami Tensei. If you know both series, you’ll notice some things and think that they’re very interesting, but we made this so that any player who’s new to the game won’t need any information beforehand to appreciate it.

I'm not sure what Nintendo are classing it as right now, but Shinjiro sees it as a new IP that shares ideas and elements from both Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem

Also, the reveal trailer we saw in 2013 was showcased to the public only two months after the decision to make this game came to be. No wonder we didn't hear anything for two years afterwards

Edited by DodgeDusk

Funny coincidence how they seem to describe it as hanging more towards Megaten than Fire Emblem, yet I've heard the odd SMT fan that I've run across here and there say "no demons, no buy."

And that original trailer announcement now makes perfect sense. Too perfect..

Thanks to that interview, I finally know how to distill the game's concept into a single sentence: "Think of a Fire Emblem game, that only we at Atlus could make."

*snrrrrrrrrrrk*

I love both series but this one has yet to really capture my interest yet. The designs just seem to suck the life out of both series, taking away most of the outworldly, slightly creepy, and bizarre SMT demon/persona designs along with the elegant simplicity of the Fire Emblem ones.

It just looks too anime same-y for me. Like, nothing really sticks out as an original concept yet.

But despite all that beef, I'd still ignore that and love the game if it can guarantee the infamous difficulty of Atlus games (like Catherine, Etrian Odessy, some Persona's, and SMT of course).

• 2 weeks later...