Illusory Revelations#FE General Discussion

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on the game can be summed up with one quote:

"There appears to have been a fusion accident."

Meme-makers are one step ahead of you, Leon. Come now, step it up. Are you not Nohr's prince?

Meme-makers are one step ahead of you, Leon. Come now, step it up. Are you not Nohr's prince?

Maybe one of higher intellect simply decided to quote said meme makers; after all, many people combined are better at certain things than a single person is.

Edited by Leon of Nohr

• 3 weeks later...

Imo, I think the trailer disappointed people, for the same reason, a large part of TLoZ's fans were disappointed by Hyrule warriors: they, dunno how to explain in english but i'll try, they pretended to look at the game, and see a TLoZ's game, they were just ignoring the crossover fact, because crossovers are so cool, person, and houses that makes your favourite videogames series work with creatives, programmers, designes ecc, that works for other houses, is just too cool. They can create things, and stuff, just using their imagination with almost no limits and rules; the result can be epic, if you look at it in more the your "selfish" way, like Hyrule warriors, zelda's fans could see waves and waves of familiarn, and non, monsters to fight, while dinasty's warriors fan were going to fight gigantic monsters and dragons in a fantasy world.

If you can see it only in one way, is obvious you will be disappointed...

I'm disappointed, because a lot of people that i know, and respect, told me: what is this? so you are trying to tell me this thing has some fire emblem stuff into? i do not see'em (ty trailer...), and what is this jpop thing? this game is s**t. They just judged the game, because the only weren't considering the SMT part of the game, that's so sad :cry:

I'm also sadder, because the game i really hope the best, for this game but if people judge only the half they want to see, ignoring the other this game won't have much succes...

Maybe Surely this post is useless, i just felt the need to tell my thoughts to someone

The disconnect and gap between people's expectations and what they got was so huge because of the fact that there was no info easing them into it at all from announcement, to trailer.

And really, some people deal with it more... healthily than others do.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Well there's that and I think most people wanted a predominately Fire Emblem title or at least recognizable Fire Emblem characters from the get go featured in s SMT type game. Comparing the very first trailer that announced the crossover to the trailer we got was a bit of a shock to alot of people including myself in some ways. When I think of crossover I think of it in the traditional sense (Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Tekken vs Street Fighter etc). I'm guessing the crossover part of this title will be the gameplay elements with some characters vaguely resembling some Fire Emblem characters. Hopefully we find out more at E3.

Edited by LordTaco42

Hello. I apologize if someone already brought this up, and I missed it. Just the three of the four main characters have a color in their names, correct? Does anybody else think the color is correlated to the Four Mythic Beasts in mythology? You know: Red Phoenix, Blue Dragon, White Tiger, Black Turtle? Maybe. Or maybe it's just me. Thank you.

If you can see it only in one way, is obvious you will be disappointed...

I'm disappointed, because a lot of people that i know, and respect, told me: what is this? so you are trying to tell me this thing has some fire emblem stuff into? i do not see'em (ty trailer...), and what is this jpop thing? this game is s**t. They just judged the game, because the only weren't considering the SMT part of the game, that's so sad :cry:

I'm also sadder, because the game i really hope the best, for this game but if people judge only the half they want to see, ignoring the other this game won't have much succes...

What are you talking about, this game doesn't remotely resemble SMT either.

What are you talking about, this game doesn't remotely resemble SMT either.

I wasn't talking about only due the fire emblem part, i google'd some info on SMT, i asked to some friends that have played some SMT, and i got a general idea on how SMT games looks like, and that is what i was talking about: either fire emblem fans, and SMT fans, were disappointed by the trailer, is ok, i guess, but a lot of people started judgeing the game before we get even the smallest shred of info, or just "the trailer is all, this game is pure waste of money", and without considering it as a crossover, but a main chapter.

P.s. maybe i talked to the wrong people, but the impression i get about how people (and with people i mean both, fire emblem and smt fans) see this game

I prefer to wait and see. Yes, it doesn't look a damn thing like a traditional FE game, and I don't know enough about Persona to say how much it deviated from there. However, to hate it because it doesn't look like what I want it to look like is a disservice to the game. I'll let IT form my opinion, not the other way around!

(except this pic of Tsubasa, which I think looks cool)

I prefer to wait and see. Yes, it doesn't look a damn thing like a traditional FE game, and I don't know enough about Persona to say how much it deviated from there. However, to hate it because it doesn't look like what I want it to look like is a disservice to the game. I'll let IT form my opinion, not the other way around!

It has a hint of Persona to it, but it does really look like Atlus and IS are going for something unique.

I mean I had a kneejerk reaction to the game at first, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I was childish!

I'll freely say I'm skeptical. And I'm not even talking on the FE end, though it is an odd sight.

My first game in the MegaTen franchise was Shin Megami Tensei IV. And I proceeded to learn more about the earlier entries in the mainline series. I don't know much about Persona other than compared to SMT, it's more...tame I guess? (When compared to some of the stuff done in earlier games rather.) I've never played the other off-shoots, but if they wanted to keep some persona aspects while keeping the traditional thought process in mind, wouldn't having some nods to Shin Megami Tensei if... work well?

I'll freely say I'm skeptical. And I'm not even talking on the FE end, though it is an odd sight.

My first game in the MegaTen franchise was Shin Megami Tensei IV. And I proceeded to learn more about the earlier entries in the mainline series. I don't know much about Persona other than compared to SMT, it's more...tame I guess? (When compared to some of the stuff done in earlier games rather.) I've never played the other off-shoots, but if they wanted to keep some persona aspects while keeping the traditional thought process in mind, wouldn't having some nods to Shin Megami Tensei if... work well?

Persona is more like its modern day and the themes are more on its characters. Instead of there being a driving force about the overall world. It's more character interaction.

Even Persona's 1 and 2 which are more akin to traditional SMT's. Their stories are driven by more the characters then the worlds surrounding them.

Persona is more like its modern day and the themes are more on its characters. Instead of there being a driving force about the overall world. It's more character interaction.

Even Persona's 1 and 2 which are more akin to traditional SMT's. Their stories are driven by more the characters then the worlds surrounding them.

That much I knew as well. That's why I figured more nods to IF would work well. But I digress.

That much I knew as well. That's why I figured more nods to IF would work well. But I digress.

I haven't played SMT IF yet, so I don't have much reference to go off of. Sorry

It could definitely be a fun, fantastic game, and I will probably play it and enjoy it. That doesn't negate that it's almost as dumb an idea as Dancing All Night. I love SMT, but the constant high school settings are never not retarded, even when the story is good, so to shove FE in there... We'll see I guess?

Personally, I think people were disappointed on the Fire Emblem side of things because they expected the Fire Emblem elements to be more prominent. The way it was first shown, it seemed implied that the game would feature characters from both series, and then... when we finally saw it again after years of silence, we got what looked like a flashy anime-styled JRPG with a few medieval fantasy bits painted on as a nod in the general direction of Fire Emblem.

Or... maybe that was just me. That's how my thinking went when I first saw the new trailer, and I admit I felt let down. But when I finally rewatched the trailer and started reading analyses and such, I started to see just how much detail and how many actual Fire Emblem elements were buried in the trailer, and suddenly found myself looking forward to the game even more than If.

It's bound to be weird and crazy, but I think that will be half the fun.

Bah.

Bah, I say! This picture of Tsubasa is better. Her pegasus costume is the cutest thing, and in donning it as my avatar, I have also become the cutest.

I guess that's my thing. The whole thing is new to me. Was it surprising to see no FE characters in the traditional sense? Yes. I've never really gotten into JRPGs before never so much have touched SMT, Persona, or anything like that. About the closest experience I have to a JRPG is Fire Emblem and I guess Pokemon and Chrono Trigger. Other than that the whole game looks pretty fresh and new to me. I might be a bit of a black sheep but thats just how I see it from my perspective.

Hello. I apologize if someone already brought this up, and I missed it. Just the three of the four main characters have a color in their names, correct? Does anybody else think the color is correlated to the Four Mythic Beasts in mythology? You know: Red Phoenix, Blue Dragon, White Tiger, Black Turtle? Maybe. Or maybe it's just me. Thank you.

Okay, since no one has opinion on the main characters' names, so maybe it's just me.

It could definitely be a fun, fantastic game, and I will probably play it and enjoy it. That doesn't negate that it's almost as dumb an idea as Dancing All Night. I love SMT, but the constant high school settings are never not retarded, even when the story is good, so to shove FE in there... We'll see I guess?

Dancing All Night looks dumb as hell, but I'll probably enjoy the hell out of it anyway.

For some reason, I'm not nearly as interested in this game though.

The official website has updated with not 1 but 2 new staff blogs from the Chief Director, and the Chief Battle Designer!

Just like buses, huh? You wait ages for one, then two come at once : P

I know Siliconera translated the director's post.

Not sure if they missed the first one (I did).

Edited by VincentASM

They say it will be out later today.

Takes time to translate, unfortunately.

That's cool. Just worried they might not have noticed.

I know; I've translated stuff before : P