Ryouma is Not Avatar's Real Brother

Trickster

So thanks to the box art that was posted on the main page in Serenes I noticed something important. The avatar does have the manakete ears like in the past games. I thought, "Huh that's nice."

Then I noticed Ryuoma, he lacks this characteristic. It can't have been an oversight since Kamui is standing right next to him. So Ryuoma cannot be a manakete and the Avatar's brother.

See for yourself.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have at least two ideas as to Kamui's apparently manakete heritage and Ryouma+Sakura being his blood siblings. Kamui is either their half-sibling, or the whole family has manakete blood - Kamui is just the (un)lucky fucker who got the manakete powers.

Who knows... Perhaps in this particular case, Kamui's ability is tied to a holy blood of some sort, and his siblings just ended up on the short end of the stick in this regard. (EX: Major and Minor holy blood, Lissa's mark of Naga never showing up, etc.)

Perhaps, but I don't think that's evidence by itself.

Maybe the royal siblings are all half-siblings? Would explain why everybody has different coloured hair.

I think, historically, royal families that have many siblings are a result of a ruler with multiple consorts.

Maybe the royal siblings are all half-siblings? Would explain why everybody has different coloured hair.

Not really, full-blooded siblings can have differently colored hair too. See Ike and Mist. Or Chrom and his two sisters.

But I do think that Kamui and Ryouma are probably half-siblings if Kamui has shapeshifting powers and Ryouma doesn't. But why do people keep saying Kamui is a manakete? He/she clearly does not transform into the same creature, but a giant deer-like thing with a few dragon characteristics, like wings.

. But why do people keep saying Kamui is a manakete? He/she clearly does not transform into the same creature, but a giant deer-like thing with a few dragon characteristics, like wings.

Very well we shall call it a kirinikete.

I have at least two ideas as to Kamui's apparently manakete heritage and Ryouma+Sakura being his blood siblings. Kamui is either their half-sibling, or the whole family has manakete blood - Kamui is just the (un)lucky fucker who got the manakete powers.

I'd guess the latter myself.

Not really, full-blooded siblings can have differently colored hair too. See Ike and Mist. Or Chrom and his two sisters.

But I do think that Kamui and Ryouma are probably half-siblings if Kamui has shapeshifting powers and Ryouma doesn't. But why do people keep saying Kamui is a manakete? He/she clearly does not transform into the same creature, but a giant deer-like thing with a few dragon characteristics, like wings.

Kamui has a dragon stone

mUJyveL.jpg[[[

Half siblings is the most likely explanation. Ryouma and Kamui's father obviously couldn't keep it in his pants.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Hoshido family characters are half-siblings with each other.

Maybe Ryouma has powers and he doesn't want to give his opponents a disadvantage. Or he could be a Manakete but lost the ability to transform like Xane (Although Xane could transform into anything else...)

Kamui has a dragon stone

mUJyveL.jpg[[[

Doesn't mean he/she is a manakete. He/she could just be a race that also uses dragonstones. Still, I hate that Kamui shapeshifts like this at all, even if the shifted form looks awesome. I never liked manaketes and I never will.

Edited by Anacybele

While I had my theory that Kamui was adopted/given to the Hoshido royal family, Hoshido's queen having Kamui's eyes kind of deflated that idea.

I'm thinking either recessive gene that Kamui lucked out on getting or possibly being given the spirit transformation powers by some force.

I think applying complex genetics to Fire Emblem(which appears to operate on some form of Lamarkian evolution) is problematic/overthinking things.

Being half siblings is, IMO, the most likely - and simplest- explanation. Though who knows, I'll probably end up being proven totally wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are a few possibilities:

A. Kamui is a half sibling to Ryoma and Sakura. Porcupine Dad tapped some dragon tail.

B. They are full blooded siblings but the manakete gene is recessive and Ryouma and Sakura didn't get it.

C. Kamui was chosen by a oracle or something to receive manakete powers from their dragon god.

Unlikely as it is, I'm rooting for the "recessive dragon genes" option. I feel like the half-siblings excuse could give way to some sinister implications...

Unlikely as it is, I'm rooting for the "recessive dragon genes" option. I feel like the half-siblings excuse could give way to some sinister implications...

Yes this can happen too... But... It doesn't means the other siblings aren't Manaketes. (Maybe the gene(s) that give(s) pointed ears is/are recessive... Like Manakete Morgan in Awakening...)

Edited by Naughx

Doesn't mean he/she is a manakete. He/she could just be a race that also uses dragonstones. Still, I hate that Kamui shapeshifts like this at all, even if the shifted form looks awesome. I never liked manaketes and I never will.

Well thats unfortunate considering they are in every universe except tellius and even there they have a imitation in the form of the dragon tribe. Even tear ring saga has a version. Do you dislike the fire emblem and mages too?

Uh how does half sibling- equals incest, we are kinda past FE 4 here. Plus we don't even know how supports work,if there are s ranks they might just be like the old A ranks as they are the max but not necessarily romantic. Subtext maybe? But people find subtext everywhere.

Edited by goodperson707

But why do people keep saying Kamui is a manakete? He/she clearly does not transform into the same creature, but a giant deer-like thing with a few dragon characteristics, like wings.

Every FE has a different design for Manaketes. This isn't anything new.

FE6 had a weird chubby feathery Manakete, FE8 had a traditional dragon Manakete, FE13 had fancy leafy seadragon Manaketes, etc. Then there's instalments with multiple Dragonstone types like FE1 where there's a whole bunch of Manakete designs within a single game.