You know what Awakening is?

Trickster

It's the final fantasy 5 of the fire emblem series.

Out of all the games it has to most humor and light-heartedness.

Both have solid(but easily exploitable) gameplay that revolves around changing classes.

Both have silly villains who are both inexplicably evil because they can be.

Also the protagonists wear blue. That's the most important part.

I've always compared views on it to DQIX, it got a lot of new fans to start, but a lot of older fans hate it for being very different from more "traditional" DQ. Not to mention both games have lower quality plots than many others in their series (though Corvus was an okay villain unlike Grima and his cult, at least Corvus had motivation.)

So I guess there's that as food for thought.

I consider Chrom and Robin to both be the main protagonists. Both result in a game over if they die and are relevant to the story throughout the whole game.

Edited by Anacybele

Chrom is the protagonist

Robin is a deuteragonist

I would argue that Chrom is the main character while Robin is the protagonist. Since you do see the game through Robin's eyes, he's locked in as the protagonist.

The main character is probably the bigger issue, since the first section of the game is about Chrom... but he later loses relevance. But there's no way Chrom is the protagonist because you don't see his direct perspective--you see the interpretation through Robin.

Both have silly villains who are both inexplicably evil because they can be.

Fair enough… Grima on one hand in Awakening, SPOILERS on the other hand in Final Fantasy V.

Although FFV's villain is probably even hammier that Grima.

(rough quote/paraphrase)

"Muwahaha! Behold, the awesome power of the SPOILERS"

Reflet is his/her name in some European countries, Rufure is Japan.

Robin can be called whatever you like, they're a self-insert who can support/marry everyone and is the biggest spotlight hog in the game. I count that as being a protagonist/MC.

Wot

Reflet is the Japanese name (in terms of what they use in romanised), Rufure is the kana, Daraen is the random EU one.

That being said, the way ルフレ gets pronounced in Japanese makes the romanisation of Reflet not that inaccurate. Lufray doesn't sound too bad though.

Rufflet

Edited by Irysa