Marriage and Romance Speculation and Discussion Topic

UnknownUber

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with time skip as long as I keep the first generation, too.

While we're here what do you think the likelihood of marrying the Nohr siblings is?

I think they'll have A ranks with the Avatar, but no S. Since they are like the Hoshido siblings on the opposite path, it feels like the theme of family should stay strong and stay away from the whole "Well we're family but not related so let's get married" thing.

However, I would not be surprised if you can marry the Nohr siblings. It's probably too tempting to resist that, since they aren't actual blood relatives.

But isn't it very probable that they're from another realm? I've seen that brought up in this forum multiple times, and I think that's a more likely alternative than a time skip (especially since, as people have pointed out, Corrin doesn't look a day older).

If they're from another realm, I don't see what's so wrong with marrying them. Granted, they look a bit younger than the Awakening children, but they could be grown adults.

And also, to underline my argument: (even though i pulled it from another post, sorry! but they discussed the same Topic)

[...] but for "other worlds" like in Awakening they usually used a different character.

I actually agree with you. People forget to easily that in the trailer, it was featured muttiple times that the game is about diffrent realms / worlds. (the World shards, the water where Aqua is flying through and stuff...)

And if you look at the scans you can see that Kamuis Child IS talking about "fighting with him in the outside world" so they really seem to be from some place different ( and that does not seem to be a thing like in awakaning judging by the jap. charakters).

It could play out as a different future thing like in awakening,

but i think they learnd from their mistake and its not really likely because she is stating outside world, not future.

So i dont think we will have an timeskip (at least that relevant) and its not likely to loose 1gen in my eyes (allthough i would like such a hursh gesture if the story behind it is good enough)...

Edited by Arynee

I mean, look at Agarest Wars. They pull the timeskip stuff off fine... And for five generations.

I thought about that quiet a while and came to the conclusion that its not really likely. We would have to let go of most of the 1gen because they have no "aged sprite" and therefore they could not age. This would make a lot of people angry and sad, wich is not something they want to if you ask me...

Its still possible though, you could easily work in a plot like in Radiant Dawn with the world freezed (in time not stone in this game) and only let the cast and the enemys be special to be freed from that, but not be able to age or something... (might be pretty wierd though!)

The outer wolrd could mean something different than a realm then, but well... seems all to wierd to me.

Since both things are not something wich is highly likely, i put that thought aside. In my opinion the plot with the different realms works the best so far...

Edited by Arynee

Ok, now that I have overcome the trauma of no LGTB characters (the most disappointing thing of the games, almost cried) I have to say that I'm happy that children are returning (Tsubiyaki's or Tsubakiyama's or whatever he's called looks cooooool) because they add variety and replaying. And I hope avatar can marry 2nd gen too!

Ok, now that I have overcome the trauma of no LGTB characters (the most disappointing thing of the games, almost cried) I have to say that I'm happy that children are returning (Tsubiyaki's or Tsubakiyama's or whatever he's called looks cooooool) because they add variety and replaying. And I hope avatar can marry 2nd gen too!

Tsukuyomi is his name. And Shara is his daughter.

Wait, wait, so you're telling me the characters had children and put them in another realm? Wat.

Not sure if that's better than time travel or worse for why they exist...

No, i think its the other way round... something like: they never really had children in THEIR realm, because thats time to come, but in another real their children are already born or something like that.

Like i said, i hope they make it better but as far as i can think of, the other realm thing is the best you can work with, because the other theories are even more mess...

in the end, it just depends on how good the exposition is in its base and that it is well explained. if you stick to that, you can take any of the theories and make them run just fine...

While we're here what do you think the likelihood of marrying the Nohr siblings is?

We'll know in a few days when the game releases and the support list for the Kamuis is up.

We'll know in a few days when the game releases and the support list for the Kamuis is up.

Thats right, but why are we in a Speculation-thread then? :)

So i´ll do my best guess: i dont think so (Sadly! Goodbye Leon! ~)

Edited by Arynee

Thats right, but why are whe in a Speculation-thread then? :)

So i´ll so my best guess: i dont think so (Sadly! Goodbye Leon! ~)

I'm still hoping. But it's better that we don't get our hopes up. Why must Marx and Leon so out of reach. ;(

I find it weird that the universe can be so certain that next generation characters will exist, and have an actual personality and traits when all that happens is a romantic confession and marriage proposal at srank. How can the universe be sleeping certain when the marriage isn't consummated? Isn't this a paradox potentially?

Just a Big Heads-Up!

The release is in a few days and this topic is going to have a huge overhaul:

I will be listing:

Everything involving the Marriage and Support System

Which Units Can Support Which Units (Both Romantically and Non-Romantically)

Children Units and Mechanics

I do not have the game, nor can I understand a lick of Japanese, so If anyone has any information to share, post in this topic and I'll update the OP. However, I much rather prefer you to PM me everything for the sake of convenience.

Just a Big Heads-Up!

I will be listing:

I do not have the game, nor can I understand a lick of Japanese, so If anyone has any information to share, post in this topic and I'll update the OP. However, I much rather prefer you to PM me everything for the sake of convenience.

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Indeed!

Just a Big Heads-Up!

I will be listing

Thank you very much in advance for the hard work! :3

Just a Big Heads-Up!

I will be listing:

Thank you in advance, looking forward to it.