Nintendo Direct (May 31st); New Names

hmniMaurice

i know felicia is supposed to sound adorable or something (and this is definitely cultural difference and that) but the pitch of her voice is practically that of my 3 year old sister's.

i'm literally imagining her as like, the size of a toddler.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Felicia's voice hurts me physically.

I frantically paused and lowered the volume in case someone outside my room heard and assumed I was watching something inappropriate

When we get a glimpse of Zero teaming up with Cyrus to fight Orochi and Oboro it looks like Zero might be wearing an eyepatch? So he could be a one-eyed archer potentially. Unless it's just for style points.

oOjoqOc.png

That reminds me I noticed the fighting is looking a lot smoother than in Awakening. Definitely improved. And the new classes have some awesome animations, dat Orochi.

Sheesh. Crimson? Zero? Those sound like names that are getting change in the localization.

Crimson could become Scarlett or Ruby or any variation of red/relation to red that's a common name (not sure how many others there are, those two are the first I can recall). Zero could probably remain Zero though, it depends if it's some sort of nickname he's assigned himself or someone else assigned him. He is a thief, so I imagine he could have run in a gang, and a common gang cliche is they always have nicknames for each other - maybe he's never missed a shot or something?

i literally flinched when i first heard it, and then frantically lowered the volume. like, sheesh, that's high. and if i was in the same room as someone and they heard that... well let's just say i'm glad i wasn't near someone.

but i'm seriously hoping her voice deepens. i know lissa's voice is considerably higher in japan's voice clips, so i'm hoping felicia gets similar treatment (not that she sounds like lissa, but that it's more tolerable).

i literally flinched when i first heard it, and then frantically lowered the volume. like, sheesh, that's high. and if i was in the same room as someone and they heard that... well let's just say i'm glad i wasn't near someone.

but i'm seriously hoping her voice deepens. i know lissa's voice is considerably higher in japan's voice clips, so i'm hoping felicia gets similar treatment (not that she sounds like lissa, but that it's more tolerable).

Have you people heard Olivia's Japanese voice in Awakening? Lol

Edited by Bovinian

More like the FE4 Dark warlords are showing up again?

More like even Awakening's deadlords still used the german numbers in the Japanese version.

Expect to see the localized names again in 2016.

Hey guys!

I'm really intrested in all the characters right now. It seems like there's going to be alot considering that we saw Atleast 5 new units in the my castle video. Maybe a lot will be like Felicia and Gunter and maybe join on both sides?? Anyways on Nyx's page on the website on the screen shots there seems to be two more new characters, they certainly don't look like generic enemies

I frantically paused and lowered the volume in case someone outside my room heard and assumed I was watching something inappropriate

lmao, I did the exact same thing for the same reasons. Oh my goodness, that voice XD

It's voices like that that are a reason why I stopped watching Japanese-language anime long ago and pretty started only watching the English ones.

Because 90% of the girls in Japanese versions sound like pre-schoolers.

More like even Awakening's deadlords still used the german numbers in the Japanese version.

Expect to see the localized names again in 2016.

Yes, the Awakening Deadlords have the same names as FE4's Dark warlords. (they're both called Dark warlords in the Japanese version anyway)

I think most anime voices sound the same, or at the very least they all fill the same character archetypes. However, it's even worse for the female characters who sound identical if the characters' personalities are similar. I don't know how many Sakura-esque voices I've heard, but they're at least in the dozen.

I should probably point out that I think this is the case in anime and games (and weird places like maid cafés) only; I'm not saying everyone who speaks Japanese sound the same or something silly like that.

I guess Luna shows that the character designer they wanted for the 60+ characters...didn't really have to make 60+ new characters, in look anyway.

For some of the new characters (like Charlotte and Benoit) who had profiles on the main website, I translated them here... and tackling the rest. Thanks for the info on the rest that were in the direct but not on the main page!

Is Orochi showing half of her butt or it's just me? xD She wears the cleavage in her back instead of wearing it in the front (?)

-_______- hope it's just the shading/angle