How do you plan on using your captured units?

BlueL

I know there's still a lot we don't know about Captured units, but going off of what we do know, how do you plan on using them, if at all?

Personally, I can't see myself using them at all since I assume they lack supports and the various dialogue like critical cut-in lines. A unit would have to have a very useful skill that I couldn't get in the game.

I believe the captured units are just generic enemy units, so I probably won't bother with them unless I decide to play Lunatic classic or something lol. Then I can use them to protect my units.

Make an army with them together with Kamui and Orochi like the challenge I accepted. But only in the first playthrough.

If a chapter is giving me trouble then I'll release the expendables and let them have at it. Otherwise I'm probably just going to capture a bunch of healers so I don't have to worry about my own in tough situations.

I'm going to capture all the knights.

All of them.

Then just release them all into the enemies line of fire to bait them out.

Then kill all the enemies after their turn is done.

next-level strats

Well I doubt I'll get that many but if I do, then most likely meat shields or ways to get my lower level units that I neglect get some levels. Y'know, if I have a lvl 1 unit like Mozume and a lvl 17 generic, I'll use them to my advantage. Although I could just use my other story units so I dunno.

Depending on how the captured units will work, and how their usability is, I might do a playthrough of using all captured units (with Kamui as the exception of course) just for the lulz of it all. Prior to this potential playthrough, I'll play normally and use the captured units on and off, most likely to soak up damage/protect units.

Hm, well, it depends on the mode. I probably won't use them on Hard and Normal, (Mostly because I won't be playing Normal at all, and I just don't think they'll be useful on hard) but on Lunatic and Lunatic+, there's a chance I might, due to the enemy-only skills like Luna+ (At least, I think that's enemy only).

And if we can't use the enemy-only skills, I doubt I'll ever have the thought of using them.

If you can keep their after capture, I will just capture units with good equipment then release them.

I'm going to capture enemies to use them as buffers for my characters on Lunatic mode, and Lunatic+ (should that mode return). If it turns out that most Nohr characters have crappy base stats that render them almost unusable without tons of babying on Lunatic mode, the generics may end up having permanent spots on my team.

The point of of the prison is so you won't be completely locked out of every class each side has to offer, I probably won't be using the feature much unless one side has an insanely broken class that I just need to take advantage of in a Lunatic run.

I might just hoard all the prisoners I've captured if I'm able to. If not, then maybe I won't use them at all?

Edited by ChocolaChao

I'd like to use them to make unlikely teams, but if they can't support they'll probably be pretty bad.

I may capture one specifically to use as a self-insert though, since Kamui is too much of a central character for me to really relate to him. A generic, mostly silent unit will likely fit that role way better as far as I'm concerned.