Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

Out of curiosity, do captured units with enemy only skills keep them? I heard that the boss of the duelist museum DLC has divine shield (which is like dragonskin, except it does not nerf procable skills), on some dificulties, for instance. I would LOVE to be able to use a unit like that (and don't even get me started on "infinite staff", or "freeze").

Also, how useful are skills like shove, cut through, substitute, and rescue?

Would love to know if the skills are kept.

About those skills you mentioned, I love substitute and rescue and I use them a lot.

A Line-of-Death OHKOer and a mobile tank with Rescue is very useful.

For substitute, it has similar use but more to the positioning side. (To me, this is useful and Shove is garbage, I don't know why)

No idea how to use Cutthrough, but it has potential. Can't be used on most bosses so I didn't bother though.

Edited by derekai

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Questions about Capture. I asked some before a while back, but nobody knew the answers to these ones:

1)Do skills such as Geelfurse and Lifetaker activate when Zero/Orochi sucessfully Captures a unit?

2)Is it just a special command like Cut Through, Rally, or Shove?

3)Can enemies refuse to join your armies?

4)What are the captured bosses like? Are any of them notably worth nabbing? Do they have any distinct personality or dialogue despite having no supports?

Questions about Capture. I asked some before a while back, but nobody knew the answers to these ones:

1)Do skills such as Geelfurse and Lifetaker activate when Zero/Orochi sucessfully Captures a unit?

2)Is it just a special command like Cut Through, Rally, or Shove?

4)What are the captured bosses like? Are any of them notably worth nabbing? Do they have any distinct personality or dialogue despite having no supports?

1: I vaguely recall people saying no (to lifetaker) , but otherwise not so sure

2: Yes it is a command. I'm not sure if it always appears though that can be "easily confirmed" by looking at videos...maybe

3: From what I recall, there's a certain requirement, and you either meet it or don't

4: Not really sure what to say. Not really, if you ask me, but it might just be due to different values. (I think they're like generics, though there's no proof for this, mainly that I don't hear anything about otherwise)

just asking. would Snake venom/four fangs/deadly breath all stack or no? just curious because I was hoping to revolve a HP decimating buiild with snake+ another HP debuffing skill but if they dont then I'll just try my best to get deadly breath to as many children as possible then snake venom

just asking. would Snake venom/four fangs/deadly breath all stack or no? just curious because I was hoping to revolve a HP decimating buiild with snake+ another HP debuffing skill but if they dont then I'll just try my best to get deadly breath to as many children as possible then snake venom

They stack.

so that would be a -60% HP for anyone in adjacent....wow I'm speechless. but thank you!

No, just -60% HP to an enemy you initiate combat against within two squares. Other nearby enemies only take 20%, as do enemies that initiate combat against you.

Is it possible to get a dread fighter in nhor route or dark falcon in hoshido route?

Also what happens when your character is at max lv 20, then uses an item to turn into a dread fighter or dark falcon because I understand a dread fighter has a higher lv cap, so if you reach max level and your stats arent maxed could you reclass into a dark falcon and continue to lv up?

Is it possible to get a dread fighter in nhor route or dark falcon in hoshido route?

Also what happens when your character is at max lv 20, then uses an item to turn into a dread fighter or dark falcon because I understand a dread fighter has a higher lv cap, so if you reach max level and your stats arent maxed could you reclass into a dark falcon and continue to lv up?

The items to get Dark Falcon and Dread Fighter are only from DLC and as bonuses from purchasing multiple routes, so both of them can be acquired in any route the exact same way.

Dread Fighter and Dark Falcon have a level cap of 40, but they don't have more levels than anyone else. When a promoted unit reclasses into Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon, 20 is added to their level. So if you are a level 4 Ninja, you'll be a level 4 Dark Falcon. If you are a level 4 Elite Ninja, you'll be a level 24 Dark Falcon. So if you are a level 20 Elite Ninja, you will be a level 40 Dark Falcon and can no longer level up.

Rats, thought once I reach lv 20 I could relcass to dark falcon then reclass back after getting some levels. Thats one thing I really liked about awakening there was no penalty for promoting your class early. When playing hoshido whenever I got a new seal I used it, so that my char could learn some new skills as soon as possible, only to realise later that I ended up screwing them over because now they will reach max lv sooner

Your first two were answered so I'll take a crack at these.

3) No. If you have the resources they want when you scout them you can make them join on the spot, otherwise you can try convincing them to join once per battle. Weaker captures will join after only one or two tries, but stronger, promoted enemies and bosses might take a while.

4) They have decent growths and stats but are otherwise inferior to normal units due to lack of supports and class/skill options. Haitaka is notable for being obtainable fairly early (Ch 9 I think?), and he comes with Defense Rally, a great skill to have at that point in the Nohr campaign. Being a Lance Fighter he gets amazing skills in general, and can put in serious work as both a utility and combat unit. Senou (obtainable in Ophelia's paralogue) is by far the best for postgame, being the only one with access to Copycat Puppet.

They'll retain their voices but they won't have any lines when leveling up and won't show up anywhere in My Castle.

Edited by DLNarshen

I think there is a typo on the main site for the Hoshidan skills, Vincent! will he see this? maybe I should just pm him... nah

"Renewal" is learned at Level 5 for War Priestess / Mountain Priest. I haven't gotten to Level 15 yet, but my Sakura learned Renewal at 5, so I'd assume the skills were switched by mistake.

Edited by Carter

oh yeah last question on the HP debuffing skills(deadly breath,snake venom etc): what is the amount Hp removed based off of?

does the enemy lose HP based off of maximum HP or the current HP.

Maximum HP.

Kind of late to the party, but does Ignis really use half of your Str when using a physical based weapon and half of your Mag when using a Magic based weapon like it says on the website? In Awakening, it was the opposite and I perceived that as more balanced than the current version.

Kind of late to the party, but does Ignis really use half of your Str when using a physical based weapon and half of your Mag when using a Magic based weapon like it says on the website? In Awakening, it was the opposite and I perceived that as more balanced than the current version.

According to Pegasus Knight, the skill description is:

攻撃時、技%で発動。武器が力依存なら魔力÷2、魔力依存なら力÷2をダメージに加算
This seems to say that it uses Mag/2 for physical attacks and Str/2 for magic attacks, just like in Awakening. So I think that's just a typo.