Fire Emblem Fates Skills Thread

QUICK QUESTION: WHICH IS MORE SUPERIOR IN DAMAGE DEALING AETHER, DRAGON FANG OR IGNIS!?!?!?!?

Depends. I mean, clearly, per proc (which is an important consideration with Hoshido and Flamboyant), Aether will do the most out of any of those--kind of hard to top a free extra Luna hit.

But presumably you want to know which skill independently provides the biggest boost in damage output, which is where proc rates start to factor in. Stuff is situational but my gut says to just give it to Aether anyway, even with the Skill/2 proc rate, since it is a double-attack with a Luna effect.

Edited by Tamarsamar

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Copycat Puppet, or the Clone can Rally other units like the original does, and Sun God other Allies, since I kinda seen Battle Command + Demoiselle/Distinguished Son do that while Copycating.?

Edited by Tide of Waves

Depends. I mean, clearly, per proc (which is an important consideration with Hoshido and Flamboyant), Aether will do the most out of any of those--kind of hard to top a free extra Luna hit.

But presumably you want to know which skill independently provides the biggest boost in damage output, which is where proc rates start to factor in. Stuff is situational but my gut says to just give it to Aether anyway, even with the Skill/2 proc rate, since it is a double-attack with a Luna effect.

You don't have to care about the skill stat if you don't include weird things like Hoshido or Flamboyant, so you can just compare their multiplier and the damage difference from normal.

Aether:

(50*2(estimate total attack power before proc skills)-30*2(average Def)+15(Luna)-20(normal damage))*.5=17.5

Dragon Fang:

(50*1.5(Dragon Fang)-30-20)*.75=18.75

Ignis:

(50+15(only if you have a good magic stat)-30-20)=15

Breaking Sky:

(50+15(Breaking Sky normal increase for non mage units)-30-20)*1.5=22.5

So yeah accounting for Flamboyant, most likely Aether would be the strongest overall, probably followed by Dragon Fang, then Breaking Sky, then Luna, then Ignis.

EDIT: Astra is similar to Dragon Fang when accounting for Flamboyant, but without it, it's about the same as Luna/Ignis.

((50-30)/2*5-20)*.5=15

Edited by Psyruby

Can Copycat Puppet, or the Clone can Rally other units like the original does, and Sun God other Allies, since I kinda seen Battle Command + Demoiselle/Distinguished Son do that while Copycating.?

Yes I believe they do.

Can you buy DLC skills for characters?(ex. Buy a Lodestar skill from another saves character to a non Lodestar char.)

No.Even if they have the class, I believe they still have to level up to get the skills.(Which kinda sucks considering you can only have one Lodestar and Great Lord per game file)

So how does Nohr work with skill overlap? Example(s):

Corrin has Nohr and Astra. His Pair Up partner (Let's use Kaze for the sake of example) also has Astra. Does Corrin then have two chances for Astra to proc?

Picking on Kaze again, let's say Corrin was female, married Kaze, and passed him Priest. He picks up Miracle. Midoriko has Nohr and Miracle. Does she then have THREE chances of Miracle procing due to Miracle/Nohr Miracle/Kaze's Miracle?

This could be pretty game breaking if it works. Anyone willing/able to put it to the test?

So how does Nohr work with skill overlap? Example(s):

Corrin has Nohr and Astra. His Pair Up partner (Let's use Kaze for the sake of example) also has Astra. Does Corrin then have two chances for Astra to proc?

Picking on Kaze again, let's say Corrin was female, married Kaze, and passed him Priest. He picks up Miracle. Midoriko has Nohr and Miracle. Does she then have THREE chances of Miracle procing due to Miracle/Nohr Miracle/Kaze's Miracle?

This could be pretty game breaking if it works. Anyone willing/able to put it to the test?

My gut says IS wouldnt allow something so easily breakable in a game trying to balance the weapons and abilities. I mean so far only two things are clearly broken.

the most likely way the mechanics work is

A) Nohr expands the user's Skill list and then adds new skills from Partner (so no repeats)

B) Nohr is another "trigger" Skill which has a certain priority in the trigger skill check, either all partner skills first or all partner skills last (so this could somewhat easily be proven correct or incorrect)

in case B), you might get a chance to trigger twice. in case A), it probably can't take repeats because there would be a priority check issue

that reminds me, anyone know what the Skill trigger priorities are this game? a) if any were swapped, and b) where Breaking Sky sits

Edited by GoXDS

A) Nohr expands the user's Skill list and then adds new skills from Partner (so no repeats)

B) Nohr is another "trigger" Skill which has a certain priority in the trigger skill check, either all partner skills first or all partner skills last (so this could somewhat easily be proven correct or incorrect)

in case B), you might get a chance to trigger twice. in case A), it probably can't take repeats because there would be a priority check issue

that reminds me, anyone know what the Skill trigger priorities are this game? a) if any were swapped, and b) where Breaking Sky sits

Wasnt the way it worked in Awakening that skills with lower activation rates were higher in priority, so I imagine breaking sky is down there with Vengeance.

I have a Nohr setup on Kanna where Breaking Sky, Astra, Lethality, and previously Dragon Fang are all present, and after Hoshido and Flamboyance he has a 100% Breaking Sky proc chance in Guard Stance.

I can confirm from using it that Breaking Sky is right on the bottom of the priority list, and Lethality is right at the top.

It's almost definitely

Lethality

Aether

Astra

Dragon Fang

Luna

Breaking Sky

Vengeance

I'm not sure if Sol is above or below Luna this time.

I can confirm from using it that Breaking Sky is right on the bottom of the priority list, and Lethality is right at the top.

It's almost definitely

Lethality

Aether

Astra

Dragon Fang

Luna

Breaking Sky

Vengeance

If I were to guess, I'd say Sol has priority over Luna. I personally have been activating more often than Luna, but that also could have been luck. Is there a way to check? How was skill priority figured out for Awakening?

Also, does Sun God stack with Azura's personal skill?

If I were to guess, I'd say Sol has priority over Luna. I personally have been activating more often than Luna, but that also could have been luck. Is there a way to check? How was skill priority figured out for Awakening?

Also, does Sun God stack with Azura's personal skill?

the only way is to do multiple trials and count. say you had Luna and Sol, both 30%. this would mean you should see:

49% no trigger

30% trigger for Skill 1

21% trigger for Skill 2 (70% chance skill 1 doesn't trigger times 30% for skill 2)

I have a Nohr setup on Kanna where Breaking Sky, Astra, Lethality, and previously Dragon Fang are all present, and after Hoshido and Flamboyance he has a 100% Breaking Sky proc chance in Guard Stance.

It's almost definitely

Lethality

Aether

Astra

Dragon Fang

Luna

Breaking Sky

Vengeance

that's sad but exactly what I expected. can you confirm if A) or B) or was your Nohr set up with no trigger Skills on Kanna himself?

Edited by GoXDS

I'd imagine (I think anyway) that, as the activation rates go up, the odds should be skewed more and more towards the one with priority

For example, if we had (I don't think we do though) 80 Skill, what I think happens is that

Assuming Sol has priority, Sol would activate 80% of the time, and Luna would activate 16% of the time, so Sol would activate ~5 times for each Luna, even though they are both based on Skill%

Of course, it probably doesn't work as skewed when the activation rates are lower, say 50%

Sol would activate 50% of the time and Luna would activate 25% of the time, so it would only be 2 Sols per Luna, which is a bit shaky, but I think 70% activation rate is kind of the max (if enemy has flamboyant and they stack it might go higher but I dunno...)

Of course, at 100% activation the lower priority one would never activate, so who knows. Getting 100% activation seems pretty impossible though, hmm

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

So, let me see if I got it right regarding seals: If, say, I S-support Saizou/Kagerou or Felicia/Jakob, using marriage seals would let them reclass to their spouse's secondary? Or, if I A+ Saizou and Lazward, the latter would be able to reclass into Saizou's secondary, as he already has access to Saizou's primary class, right?

Thanks!

Seals only give you a replacement if the Primary Classes overlap, not in any other case

(Inb4 I'm wrong)

I'm no longer sure about Mozume (or..the children for that matter), but

Avatar, Azura, Nishiki and Flannel have their Secondary treated as their primary for reclassing purposes (Inheritance is a separate issue)

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Not sure if it was asked yet, but:

1. Can you use Extravagance and a Proc Skill like Breaking Sky in the same attack?

2. Does Anna's Personal Skill count as a proc skill for Nohr? Same for Extravagance.

Not sure if it was asked yet, but:

1. Can you use Extravagance and a Proc Skill like Breaking Sky in the same attack?

2. Does Anna's Personal Skill count as a proc skill for Nohr? Same for Extravagance.

Alright let's see

1: Extravagance is a command skill (like cut through, flourish/gamble in previous games). I've not actually seen it in action, but that's what it appears to be, so there's no reason why not

2: Anna's personal, while I have not seen it yet (because hacking is for lul), it sounds like a post battle proc skill (despoil basically? and like smithy)

Nohr only affects Breaking Sky, Astra, Aether, type skills

Alright let's see

1: Extravagance is a command skill (like cut through, flourish/gamble in previous games). I've not actually seen it in action, but that's what it appears to be, so there's no reason why not

2: Anna's personal, while I have not seen it yet (because hacking is for lul), it sounds like a post battle proc skill (despoil basically? and like smithy)

Nohr only affects Breaking Sky, Astra, Aether, type skills

Extravagance isn't a command skill. It automatically activates when you have a Gold Bar in your inventory, but only on the player phase.

You can proc skill while under the effects of Extravagance, and it looks funny, since classes that do a dramatic "processing a skill" pose will do it twice, once to show that Extravagance has been activated, and once to show that Luna (or etc) has activated.

Edited by gayserbeam