Release hype thread

VincentASM

NoA... is weird. I don't see the problem with ear cleaning and bathing together in onsen.

Well not just NoA, most of America don't like a lot of things that other cultures find common, only because we don't practice it at all.

As an artist (albeit a bad one), it really just rings back to tampering with the original product. Anything along those lines doesn't sit too well with me for the purpose of making it more kid-friendly and whatnot. Awakening's censoring didn't bother me too much, if only for the fact that I was oblivious to it until long after I've completed it. But yeah I feel ya man. Of course I'll support the official release, but I just have to cross my fingers that the guys over at NoA dont butcher it too hard.

Very curious about the FE Amie lines. I wonder if the Voice Actors are even down with recording lines like that (assuming that it would happen, yes I'm hopelessly optimistic...)

But hey, in NoA's defence, they arent 4Kids.

...I suppose I could apply that defense to all localization teams that arent 4kids.

I actually got into FE from awakening, was the first thing I got when I bought my 3ds, that and monster hunter 4 ultimate and ssb4..... and that was only... 4 months ago...

The amie lines for the English VA's, I doubt they'll want to do anything that would sound sexual, but I guess it all depends on the people they hire to voice each character, since isn't this the only fire emblem game that will have like voiced lines outside of cutscenes and battles?

Edited by Xanek

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate how that's true that everything is offensive to NA. Hell, even if people say that it should just be T rated, I would be like "JUST MAKE A M-RATED UNCENSORED AND T-RATED CENSORED."

Sure they waste some production time removing and rewording stuff, but like, one can be "kid" friendly and the other will be for everyone else, since im' sure everyone else will buy the M-rated just because and you'll make everyone happy in the processes and not lose sales.

Also I guess the line of text can pass through censors, but things such as the amie lines are definitely going to be hacked apart to be more family friendly, cause you know, it's an actual person saying those lines.

They allowed Aversa stuffing you into her chest, they allowed the numerous deaths to remain intact, hell, they allowed Nowi's boingy bits (which NoE censored) and kept the girl romancible despite some concern that she'd be cut altogether. The only major censorship was Tharja's swimsuit, and while that was a bit silly, they didn't censor the other swimsuit or yukata images either.

You guys are really being too harsh on NoA (and by extension, NA) here. They're not going to censor every single thing you love about this game, they're going to do their best to deliver the best product they can within the realms of what's acceptable, and that means working with the ESRB and the like and making sure it doesn't get bombarded by the a lot of bad publicity and/or sell poorly. Some of the lines do get rather lewd even by certain standards, the incest angle can be too much for an western audience, it's just the way that they have to adapt the game to the audience they're trying to sell to. If that means that a few lines get toned down, then that may be what happens, but they're not going to make a mockery of the games we love along the way.

Edited by Medeus

In general, I felt NoA did a good job even if some things were a bit more meaningful/detailed in Japanese. My only issue with NoA's translation was everything involving Henry & Olivia's support. I feel they easily could've cut the big issue (which I'm assuming is Henry attempting to strangle the dog)/changed it around to him not doing anything and thinking of leaving it there and kept everything else relatively the same. I'm guessing the backstory stuff was the other issue (Henry had a few cuts with that if I recall), but I still feel the biggest problem was how it started.

I do expect 90% of the "big sister"/"big brother"/"little sister"/"little brother" to be removed from the supports (and all the confessions), but I don't find that too surprising nor do I feel it'll take away that much

Edited by Sakuramei

NoA... is weird. I don't see the problem with ear cleaning and bathing together in onsen.

Nor do I; I used to bathe with my sister all of the time when we younger.

Anyhow, Leon and Takumi's supports are cute. Definitely one of my favourites. Hoshido/Nohr royalty interactions were something I anticipated the most, and lots of them certainly don't seem to disappoint.

In general, I felt NoA did a good job even if some things were a bit more meaningful/detailed in Japanese. My only issue with NoA's translation was everything involving Henry & Olivia's support. I feel they easily could've cut the big issue (which I'm assuming is Henry attempting to strangle the dog)/changed it around to him not doing anything and thinking of leaving it there and kept everything else relatively the same. I'm guessing the backstory stuff was the other issue (Henry had a few cuts with that if I recall), but I still feel the biggest problem was how it started.

I do expect 90% of the "big sister"/"big brother"/"little sister"/"little brother" to be removed from the supports (and all the confessions), but I don't find that too surprising nor do I feel it'll take away that much

Whoa what, the original had him strangle the dog?

Talking about the supports, I love Leon and Takumi's support. Takumi just went from "medicore character" to "awesome" XD

Here's the link if someone is interested.

http://pastebin.com/ef50TCG5

I have a mighty need for fanart of them making each other soup or Leon teaching Takumi how to play chess

I want to ask here because I checked and might've missed it, but is there a thread specifically for requesting/sharing the support conversations? I've seen the marriage and children one, but that seems strictly related to just finding out who can support with who.

I want to ask here because I checked and might've missed it, but is there a thread specifically for requesting/sharing the support conversations? I've seen the marriage and children one, but that seems strictly related to just finding out who can support with who.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=54948&page=1 A good amount gets posted here though too.

Edited by Xanek

I have a mighty need for fanart of them making each other soup or Leon teaching Takumi how to play chess

... Yess plz. >D

And I agree, Ryouma and Marx support was meh.

By the way, I see there is a lack of translated Takumi supports lol.

Will Camilla x Male Avatar's support convo be censored? Ear cleaning will be replaced with sewing or baking for example?

Is there anything offensive in those supports? Like the map hidden inside Camilla's bosom.

Perhaps, but not completely for the same reasons. Take ear cleaning for example. How many western countries consider ear cleaning to be romantic

yeah I was gonna say something along those lines, I dont think it'll be too bad. I just find that Camilla's sultriness comes into question as something that could get censored in some sort. Of course Im concerned in this case since I really like Camilla, but this does bring up the point of how they intend to handle the Amie things and whatnot.

Let's keep in mind that censorship and editing aren't synonymous. It's the localization team's job to merely translate, but to make the content enjoyable and relatable (for lack of a better word) to a non-Japanese audience.

Personally, I hope the localization team applies a... subtle touch to some of the characters. Like Pieri and her propensity to kill servants whenever it strikes her fancy. And honestly? I wasn't disappointed with Awakening's localization, so I have a modicum of faith. They subverted some prevalent anime tropes and made-- for me at least-- an entertaining product. Hopefully Fates won't disappoint.

Well... I could get one of the old 3ds and shave off $40-50.... but otherwise there's no way i'll get the special edition for lower.

Go ahead.

Just don't blame me for the regret.

althoughidoubtyoullregretit.

Outside I'm like this:

But inside I'm more like this: flme.gif

Fixed that for you

Go ahead.

Just don't blame me for the regret.

althoughidoubtyoullregretit.

Oh no, I will regret it when I buy it, and then i'll not regret it once I have it in my hands

Edited by Xanek

Yeah, now I see it, they sound so awkward, especially compared to the other sibilings supports...

I mean fit the personality of both of them, but still, it could longer.

Edited by Water Mage