FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OAS5mzy.pngusSw6Uc.png

I now start with both servants, now I should think about who will join me in their place on Chapter 15 in my castle.

I sow that you make NTR plugin for amiibo chars

Can you show how data stored in memory in screenshot of memory with color.

I mean where they placed on map and what you change to add them. (hp-skill-items-class-pointers, where they placed?)

And what you use to search for them

Edited by ever17

Is there anyway I can transfer my digital eshop version with the save file from my main 3ds over to my 9.2 emunand 3ds and back?

Main is n3ds on 10.5.30 and has menuhax running if that'd make a different.

I think I may have found some information for you. I found how to give some of my units all the skills (including the NPC and DLC ones), but the bit position seems to be different for some characters. The color code is red for equipped skills, blue for inventory items, yellow for learned skills, and purple for something I’ll mention later.

I double-checked the positioning for the first four using a different save file and cartridge. That save doesn’t have kids though, so I couldn’t double check the last two.

Anyway, I’m hoping that this is somewhat relevant. I’m new to all this hex-editing stuff, so I’m not sure how useful my data will be to other people.

Also as one final note, the “02” I have marked in purple for each picture seems to be consistently there at the end of each “learned skills” string. Not sure how useful that is, but it’s something nifty I found while doing all this.

Can I ask, how did you find each characters themselves? DO you know their values? if so can you share them?

Edited by KuroKairaku

I think I may have found some information for you. I found how to give some of my units all the skills (including the NPC and DLC ones), but the bit position seems to be different for some characters. The color code is red for equipped skills, blue for inventory items, yellow for learned skills, and purple for something I’ll mention later.

I double-checked the positioning for the first four using a different save file and cartridge. That save doesn’t have kids though, so I couldn’t double check the last two.

Anyway, I’m hoping that this is somewhat relevant. I’m new to all this hex-editing stuff, so I’m not sure how useful my data will be to other people.

Also as one final note, the “02” I have marked in purple for each picture seems to be consistently there at the end of each “learned skills” string. Not sure how useful that is, but it’s something nifty I found while doing all this.

Haha! Patterns, Patterns mah boy. You've done gods work. It appears the learn skill sections is organized like this 01 14 00 00 00 then FF bytes all the way till it reaches two, giving it a total of 20 bytes of FF's. The 01 14 00 00 00 also makes it easy for it to find. within character blocks.

Lovely lovely! You've helped me as well and I shall thank you, so thanks. Now i just need to find out how wthin each character block, where is the stats? I wana find even the boot stats... unlimited movement, yah know.

I sow that you make NTR plugin for amiibo chars

Can you show how data stored in memory in screenshot of memory with color.

I mean where they placed on map and what you change to add them. (hp-skill-items-class-pointers, where they placed?)

And what you use to search for them

I actually added them with romhacking, but this is 100% doable if someone were to figure out how this would work within the save, I can provide multiples of the same save if needed.

For example, a normal save,

the same save as above but with Lazlow added,

same as #1 but with Selena added,

same as #1 but with both Selena and Lazlow

same as above one but with Jakob added too.

Can I ask, how did you find each characters themselves? DO you know their values? if so can you share them?

There's probably a better way, but I found where they were by locating the items in their inventory. I'd give the characters I wanted to find some oddly specific item (like a staff that had a certain number of uses left or one of the unique weapons like the Yato) and I'd search for the item's value from that character block spreadsheet that's been linked on here. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find a specific character besides doing that.

Also, I'm glad that what I found before was useful. I'll work on editing my saves more later, and I'll post again if I find something cool.

I actually added them with romhacking, but this is 100% doable if someone were to figure out how this would work within the save, I can provide multiples of the same save if needed.

For example, a normal save,

the same save as above but with Lazlow added,

same as #1 but with Selena added,

same as #1 but with both Selena and Lazlow

same as above one but with Jakob added too.

It would be great, but first i need to find character data for usa game...

Does anybody check id's? Like here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bem9eu9IAEBm7d6PBZhtddDnDUnLpdoZ7ddenFSURmw/htmlview?pli=1

USA have different or the same id's?

Almost (same id changed for Amiibo and dlc)

There's probably a better way, but I found where they were by locating the items in their inventory. I'd give the characters I wanted to find some oddly specific item (like a staff that had a certain number of uses left or one of the unique weapons like the Yato) and I'd search for the item's value from that character block spreadsheet that's been linked on here. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to find a specific character besides doing that.

Also, I'm glad that what I found before was useful. I'll work on editing my saves more later, and I'll post again if I find something cool.

Wait, items have the some id like in jpn? Yeah, they same, look on next my post :)

Edited by ever17

Haha! Patterns, Patterns mah boy. You've done gods work. It appears the learn skill sections is organized like this 01 14 00 00 00 then FF bytes all the way till it reaches two, giving it a total of 20 bytes of FF's. The 01 14 00 00 00 also makes it easy for it to find. within character blocks.

Lovely lovely! You've helped me as well and I shall thank you, so thanks. Now i just need to find out how wthin each character block, where is the stats? I wana find even the boot stats... unlimited movement, yah know.

Could you share your process about editing save? What I did is dump the save file by savedatafiler. Decompress Charpter 0(which is what I want to edit). Edit it with HxD(just change the value you colored). Then compress it back. Try to get this edited data back using savedatafiler but get a failure. Like someone mentioned before is there any sumcheck messed it up?

Look on RAM of my save in JPN and USA:

JPN

28dda0c6d813836d571cdbf43e074a5f.jpeg
USA
9c351c3b5de02a10f43b9646b32b8a42.jpeg
Well... ID for skills the same xD
But pointer's in the same save changed by JPN-USA
Happy changing! Well, only problem is changed translation names
STRANGE!!!
I cant rewrite any character data... Try change class and character, nope...
Does they set some secure? I cant change it...
Try on My MU delete skills, nope...
What's the hell with USA?
Crap, looks like HxD give from MemDump wrong offsets
I try other and now all work great
But strange fact if rewrite logbook char pointer with normal char like sakura - game freaze... Still, i check and use right pointer, strange...
Edited by ever17

So uh obviously the easiest way to hack more gay Kamui options is ROMhacking their support data. Problem being, if you then run the game without homebrew, I'm pretty sure it demotes you to A (it did in Awakening)

So what about a way to make, for example, a male Kamui to marry a female unit, but with RAMhacking change Kamui's graphics/sound to be female? Or am I just stupid-dreaming...

So uh obviously the easiest way to hack more gay Kamui options is ROMhacking their support data. Problem being, if you then run the game without homebrew, I'm pretty sure it demotes you to A (it did in Awakening)

So what about a way to make, for example, a male Kamui to marry a female unit, but with RAMhacking change Kamui's graphics/sound to be female? Or am I just stupid-dreaming...

If your asking about keeping your s rank even if you dont load it homebrew, to like get the dlc or whaever, you can change a character to be another character.

Say you have Kamui marry Felicia, through ram hacking you change the felicia support option to be like Kaze or whoever. So internally your s rank is the same but it gets read differently depending on how you launch the game.

if your asking about writing directly to the games files sadly I dont think thats possible. Ive looked up before writing roms/ .cias to carts before to see if using my 9.2 system that can install .cias (games) I could over wright like some random cheapo game cart to be cubic ninja (To get homebrew on my n3ds not to sell). But maybe Im not looking around enough. I havnt asked the 3dshacks or Pirating subreddits yet.

I have a question.

I tried transferring my save from my Japanese version of Fates to my English version. Everything works fine, except Kamui has lost his voice. He's completely silent.

How can I edit my save to restore his voice? I am guessing I just need to change the value that stores which voice option he has. I'm guessing the error is because the Japanese version has 5 possible values for the voice but the English only has 3?

Or is there another way to fix it other than save editing?

Look on RAM of my save in JPN and USA:

JPN

28dda0c6d813836d571cdbf43e074a5f.jpeg
USA
9c351c3b5de02a10f43b9646b32b8a42.jpeg
Well... ID for skills the same xD
But pointer's in the same save changed by JPN-USA
Happy changing! Well, only problem is changed translation names
STRANGE!!!
I cant rewrite any character data... Try change class and character, nope...
Does they set some secure? I cant change it...
Try on My MU delete skills, nope...
What's the hell with USA?
Crap, looks like HxD give from MemDump wrong offsets
I try other and now all work great
But strange fact if rewrite logbook char pointer with normal char like sakura - game freaze... Still, i check and use right pointer, strange...

I asked this before the only valid RAM region I get is

00100000 - 00781fff , size: 00682000

06000000 - 06012fff , size: 00013000

06200000 - 0620ffff , size: 00010000

07000000 - 07008fff , size: 00009000

08000000 - 0817ffff , size: 00180000

0e000000 - 0e000fff , size: 00001000

0e002000 - 0e002fff , size: 00001000

0ffc0000 - 10000fff , size: 00041000

10002000 - 10002fff , size: 00001000

Did you get the same thing? If so which region did you dump?

I asked this before the only valid RAM region I get is

00100000 - 00781fff , size: 00682000

06000000 - 06012fff , size: 00013000

06200000 - 0620ffff , size: 00010000

07000000 - 07008fff , size: 00009000

08000000 - 0817ffff , size: 00180000

0e000000 - 0e000fff , size: 00001000

0e002000 - 0e002fff , size: 00001000

0ffc0000 - 10000fff , size: 00041000

10002000 - 10002fff , size: 00001000

Did you get the same thing? If so which region did you dump?

I dunno how calculate size... But early i upload file of my memdump. If interested look on it :)

https://mega.nz/#!Oo9GhKSA

Key: !dSqYnX6EoaQ761G10MJdMVPTqCBDOSsFlFsGJuoio-w

I can change skills on chars and items, but if to try change char or skill freeze game...

JPN don't have this trouble...

Edited by ever17

I dunno how calculate size... But early i upload file of my memdump. If interested look on it :)

https://mega.nz/#!Oo9GhKSA

Key: !dSqYnX6EoaQ761G10MJdMVPTqCBDOSsFlFsGJuoio-w

I can change skills on chars and items, but if to try change char or skill freeze game...

JPN don't have this trouble...

Oh thanks, but which tool did you use for dumping? I used NTR Debugger, and I NEVER find the correct values from the valid region it gives me.

Oh thanks, but which tool did you use for dumping? I used NTR Debugger, and I NEVER find the correct values from the valid region it gives me.

I used browser method.. It works before <=9.2 frimware. And i have fastest version frimware on my 3ds

How it work? Search and install (Browser Time warp . cia) if i'm right. It would restore old version of your browser

If you done it, now we need to use: https://gbatemp.net/threads/spider-arcode.383937/

Memdump site\QR code\Site link - what easy for you

Well... That's it. After it you find on your SD card 100 Mb file with your memdump

(IT WOULD NOT WORK IN NTR mode, be careful)

You can use GW\RXtools and others would work, i think (Not NTR) :)

Edited by ever17

If your asking about keeping your s rank even if you dont load it homebrew, to like get the dlc or whaever, you can change a character to be another character.

Say you have Kamui marry Felicia, through ram hacking you change the felicia support option to be like Kaze or whoever. So internally your s rank is the same but it gets read differently depending on how you launch the game.

Oh snap yes this. So to do that, I'd, for example, make Elise marry Arthur ingame, then I could RAMhack her to actually point to Kamui, allowing permanent FemuixElise even if I later update my 3DS firmware? I'll definitely bring in my memory dumps once I get homebrew back up so I can ask for more specific help if so.

Or you could just be happy with the fact that there's already LGBT relationships in the game?

Or you could just be happy with the fact that there's already LGBT relationships in the game?

yeah, and you get screwed out of kids.

which is fine since m!kana sucks, but the loss of nina is a tragedy.

e: also there's no such thing as too much gay

Edited by The Iron Rose

I am.

But only because it means the game is coded to not blow up when gay marriage happens, bettering the chances of Elise being a viable waifu :D

yeah, and you get screwed out of kids.

which is fine since m!kana sucks, but the loss of nina is a tragedy.

e: also there's no such thing as too much gay

You don't get screwed out of kids, that's what you sign up for. I absolutely hate the people that try to add kids for gay relationships, it's cheating.

Edited by GermanTacos

You don't get screwed out of kids, that's the gamble you sign up for. I absolutely hate the people that try to add kids for gay relationships, it's cheating.

lol what.

how is that cheating in any way shape or form.

furthermore I don't really see how gay marriage is a gamble either.