FE:if Hacking Topic

someonewhodied

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm new to the hex editing scene, anyone here can give me some pointers on how you can have more than one type of resources like that picture above? So far I've only figured out how to edit the amount of gold. Additionally, would it be possible for me to get some of the dlc skills? I've run into a dilemma where i need to update to 10.6 in order to play the dlc(s) which I've already purchased (map pack 1) It's a big disappointment that i would need to update in order to download those maps..[/size]

Do you have custom firmware (i.e. sysNAND on FW 9.2 or less)? Because if you don't, you uh, can't since I don't think you can add multiple resources by editing your save. I'm not sure though, so go wild!

Regardless you'll need to use SVDT or something to extract your saves, the fire emblem save tool to decompress your saves, a hex editor of your choice to edit them, and so on and so forth. Presumably you can add DLC skills via the same process.

Personally I use a NTR plugin instead though I should note the means by which it allows you to have multiple resource buildings is glitchy and won't let you upgrade any of your resources anymore. Which is a big pain, let me tell you!

You'll need to retain access to the homebrew menu at minimum for this, which unfortunately I believe is limited to OOTHax and Ninjihax on 10.6, since browserhax and menuhax don't work anymore. Hope you have one of those two carts, or you're SOL.

Edited by The Iron Rose

I'm on 10.5 and i already have the save manager and homebrew installed. I just don't know how to edit character skills, weapons, inventory, and all that jazz via hex.

Seemingly i can't find a comprehensive guide anywhere on how to hex edit..( at least a guide i would understand)

Thanks for the help though! I do know i can't downgrade via sysnand on 10.5 unless i do a hardmod. So a custom firmware on 9.2 or less is not viable..

Btw, what's NTR plugin? Would i be able to use that or no? I'm assuming it's only for peeps running on FW 9.2 or less on a custom.

Edited by Adelino660

I did look at that, but i'm having troubles locating those pointers in the first place lol. I'm definetly doing something wrong either with my scope of my search.. That's why hopefully someone can break this down for me into layman terms.

Edited by Adelino660

$st1 is the start of the conversation, this goes before the very first $Wm to appear in the convo, no idea what $st0 does as I've never seen it used.

$k is the "next" function that makes the player need to press A to advance the text, there are 2 ways to use it, $k$p completely scrolls over the text box, $k\n MUST BE USED at the end of the character's text box to transition to the next, you can also do $k/n to do have some text, have the player press A and then get some more text in the same text box without scrolling it.

$st1 is the start of the conversation, this goes before the very first $Wm to appear in the convo, no idea what $st0 does as I've never seen it used.

$k is the "next" function that makes the player need to press A to advance the text, there are 2 ways to use it, $k$p completely scrolls over the text box, $k\n MUST BE USED at the end of the character's text box to transition to the next, you can also do $k/n to do have some text, have the player press A and then get some more text in the same text box without scrolling it.

Thank you for the help!

About $st0, I'm looking through the english chapter text files, and it seems to be used on and off instead of $st1. Here's a chunk of text from the file A001, it uses $st1, then $st0, and then switches back to $st1:

MID_A001_OP1_5_PCM1: $t1$Wmフローラ|3$w0|$Wsフローラ|$Wa$b動作("フローラ","話す1");|$E笑,|$SvpVOICE_FLORA_B_SUPPORT_00|That's how we deal with slugabeds in the\nIce Tribe!$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー","座って話す1");|$b動作("プレイヤー","椅子に座る");|$Wsusername|$Wa$E怒,汗|$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_EVT_25|*sigh* Trust me, I know.$k$pI wish I could have finished the dream\nI was having though...$k\n$Wmジョーカー|3$w0|$Wsジョーカー|$Wa$b動作("ジョーカー","話す1");|$SvpVOICE_JOKER_MYROOM_11|Interesting. Do tell—what kind of dream\nwas it?$k
MID_A001_OP1_5_PCF1: $t1$Wmフローラ|3$w0|$Wsフローラ|$Wa$b動作("フローラ","話す1");|$E笑,|$SvpVOICE_FLORA_B_SUPPORT_00|That's how we deal with slugabeds in the\nIce Tribe!$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー","座って話す1");|$b動作("プレイヤー","椅子に座る");|$Wsusername|$Wa$E怒,汗|$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_EVT_25|*sigh* Trust me, I know.$k$pI wish I could have finished the dream\nI was having though...$k\n$Wmジョーカー|3$w0|$Wsジョーカー|$Wa$b動作("ジョーカー","話す1");|$SvpVOICE_JOKER_MYROOM_11|Interesting. Do tell—what kind of dream\nwas it?$k
MID_A001_OP1_6_PCM1: $a$t1$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_EVT_25|$E怒,汗|$b動作("プレイヤー","座って話す1");|$b動作("プレイヤー","椅子に座る");|It was...strange.$k$pSome people who looked like Hoshidans\nkept calling me their $Gbrother,sister|.$k$pBut all of my brothers and sisters are here\nin Nohr...$k\n$Wmフローラ|3$w0|$Wsフローラ|$Wa$E怒,汗|$SvpVOICE_FLORA_MYROOM_10|$b注目("プレイヤー","フローラ");|$b動作("フローラ","話す1");|Ah, $GLord,Lady| $Nu, perhaps we should\ntalk about your dream another time?$k\n$Wmフェリシア|3$w0|$Wsフェリシア|$Wa$SvpVOICE_FELICIA_MYROOM_03|$E笑,|$b注目("プレイヤー","フェリシア");|$b動作("フェリシア","話す1");|$SvpVOICE_FELICIA_ETC_01|It's time for you to get going, $Gmilord,milady|.\nPrince Xander is waiting for you!$k
MID_A001_OP1_6_PCF1: $a$t1$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_EVT_25|$E怒,汗|$b動作("プレイヤー","座って話す1");|$b動作("プレイヤー","椅子に座る");|It was...strange.$k$pSome people who looked like Hoshidans\nkept calling me their $Gbrother,sister|.$k$pBut all of my brothers and sisters are here\nin Nohr...$k\n$Wmフローラ|3$w0|$Wsフローラ|$Wa$E怒,汗|$SvpVOICE_FLORA_MYROOM_10|$b注目("プレイヤー","フローラ");|$b動作("フローラ","話す1");|Ah, $GLord,Lady| $Nu, perhaps we should\ntalk about your dream another time?$k\n$Wmフェリシア|3$w0|$Wsフェリシア|$Wa$SvpVOICE_FELICIA_MYROOM_03|$E笑,|$b注目("プレイヤー","フェリシア");|$b動作("フェリシア","話す1");|$SvpVOICE_FELICIA_ETC_01|It's time for you to get going, $Gmilord,milady|.\nPrince Xander is waiting for you!$k
MID_A001_OP2_3_PCM1: $a$t1$Wmレオン|3$w0|$b動作("法衣裏返しレオン","話す1");|$Wsレオン|$Wa$SvpVOICE_LEON_B_WIN_00|$E笑,|That's our brother for you.$k$pYou won't beat the strongest knight in\nNohr by sleeping all day, $Nu.$k\n$bカメラ("さすが")|$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_WIN_00|$E怒,|Giving up so soon, $Nu?$k$pI expect more of you. You are a prince of\nNohr! Pick up your sword and try again.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_EVT_02|$E怒,汗|But, Xander, I—$k\n$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_00|$E苦,|We train like this so that we can defend\nourselves from our enemies.$k$pFather has been tracking your progress.\nIf you can't land a hit on me today...$k$phe may never permit you to leave the\nNorthern Fortress. Ever.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_DAMAGE_00|$E苦,汗|What?! D-did he really say that?\nThat's insane!$k\n$bカメラ("さすが、マークス兄さん。")|$Wmマークス|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー", "Ready");|$b動作("マークス", "Start");|$b動作("マークス", "Ready");|$Wsマークス|$Wa$E怒,|$SvpVOICE_MARKS_B_SUPPORT_08|Motivated, are we? Then use that fire to\nbest me in battle, little Prince.$k$pIf you would see the outside world beyond\nthe view from your window, defeat me.$k$p$Eキメ,|Prove that all of the time I've devoted to\ntraining you has not been in vain!$k
MID_A001_OP2_3_PCF1: $a$t1$Wmレオン|3$w0|$b動作("法衣裏返しレオン","話す1");|$Wsレオン|$Wa$SvpVOICE_LEON_B_WIN_00|$E笑,|That's our sister for you.$k$pYou won't beat the strongest knight in\nNohr by sleeping all day, $Nu.$k\n$bカメラ("さすが")|$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_WIN_00|$E怒,|Giving up so soon, $Nu?$k$pI expect more of you. You are a princess of\nNohr! Pick up your sword and try again.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_EVT_02|$E怒,汗|But, Xander, I—$k\n$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_00|$E苦,|We train like this so that we can defend\nourselves from our enemies.$k$pFather has been tracking your progress.\nIf you can't land a hit on me today...$k$phe may never permit you to leave the\nNorthern Fortress. Ever.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_DAMAGE_00|$E苦,汗|What?! D-did he really say that?\nThat's insane!$k\n$bカメラ("さすが、マークス兄さん。")|$Wmマークス|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー", "Ready");|$b動作("マークス", "Start");|$b動作("マークス", "Ready");|$Wsマークス|$Wa$E怒,|$SvpVOICE_MARKS_B_SUPPORT_08|Motivated, are we? Then use that fire to\nbest me in battle, little Princess.$k$pIf you would see the outside world beyond\nthe view from your window, defeat me.$k$p$Eキメ,|Prove that all of the time I've devoted to\ntraining you has not been in vain!$k
MID_A001_EV1: $a$t0$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_B_SUPPORT_01|$E怒,|The first move is yours, $Nu.\nCome at me when you are ready.$k
MID_A001_EV_回復_PCM1: $t0$Wmusername|0$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_EVT_43|$E苦,汗|*pant*...*pant*...$k\n$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_MYROOM_10|$E怒,|Hmm, looks like that wound needs\nattention. In that case...$k
MID_A001_EV_回復_PCF1: $t0$Wmusername|0$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_EVT_43|$E苦,汗|*pant*...*pant*...$k\n$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_MYROOM_10|$E怒,|Hmm, looks like that wound needs\nattention. In that case...$k
MID_A001_EV_回復_2_PCM1: $a$t0$Wmusername|0$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$Eキメ,汗|$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_DAMAGE_00|Ah! There was a Dragon Vein here?$k\n$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_13|$E怒,|Yes. You should have sensed it as well.$k$pThe blood of dragons flows in your\nveins, as it does in all royals.$k$pYou must learn to harness this draconic\npower wherever you may find it.$k$p$E通常,|Heal your wounds, $Nu, then\nfind the courage to come at me again.$k
MID_A001_EV_回復_2_PCF1: $a$t0$Wmusername|0$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$Eキメ,汗|$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_DAMAGE_00|Ah! There was a Dragon Vein here?$k\n$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_13|$E怒,|Yes. You should have sensed it as well.$k$pThe blood of dragons flows in your\nveins, as it does in all royals.$k$pYou must learn to harness this draconic\npower wherever you may find it.$k$p$E通常,|Heal your wounds, $Nu, then\nfind the courage to come at me again.$k
MID_A001_EV_回復_3: $t0$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$E怒,|$SvpVOICE_MARKS_WIN_06|Good. Now that you've recovered some\nof your strength, try again!$k
MID_A001_BT1: $t0$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$Eキメ,|You swing timidly, without resolve.\nYou must genuinely try to kill me.$k
MID_A001_BOSS_DIE1: $a$t0$Wmマークス|0$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$E笑,|Well done, $Nu.$k
MID_A001_DIE_プレイヤー_PCM1: $t1$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$E苦,汗|Brother...how are you...\nso strong...?$k\n$Wsusername|$Wd$w0|$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$E苦,汗|Is that all it takes to defeat you?$k$pWhat a shame. I guess you don't wish to\nleave this fortress after all...$k
MID_A001_DIE_プレイヤー_PCF1: $t1$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$E苦,汗|Brother...how are you...\nso strong...?$k\n$Wsusername|$Wd$w0|$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$E苦,汗|Is that all it takes to defeat you?$k$pWhat a shame. I guess you don't wish to\nleave this fortress after all...$k
MID_A001_ED1_1_PCM1: $a$t1$Wmマークス|3$w0|$b動作("マークス","大きく頷く");|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_B_WIN_01|$E笑,|Well done, $Nu. You're getting\nstronger every day.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー","話す1");|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_B_WIN_01|$E笑,|Thanks, Xander. I couldn't have done it\nwithout your, uh, tough love.$k\n$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_02|$E笑,|I disagree. I believe you have natural talent.$k$pSomeday, you could be the greatest warrior\nin all of Nohr.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー","首を横に振る");|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_EVT_23|$Eキメ,汗|Now you're just teasing me.$k\n$Wmマークス|3$w0|$b動作("マークス","話す1");|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_00|$E怒,|You know me, $Nu. I never joke\nabout serious matters. I mean what I say.$k$pYou could be the one to bring light to our\nkingdom so long shrouded in darkness.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_M#_EVT_02|$E通常,|Xander...$k
MID_A001_ED1_1_PCF1: $a$t1$Wmマークス|3$w0|$b動作("マークス","大きく頷く");|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_B_WIN_01|$E笑,|Well done, $Nu. You're getting\nstronger every day.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー","話す1");|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_B_WIN_01|$E笑,|Thanks, Xander. I couldn't have done it\nwithout your, uh, tough love.$k\n$Wmマークス|3$w0|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_02|$E笑,|I disagree. I believe you have natural talent.$k$pSomeday, you could be the greatest warrior\nin all of Nohr.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$b動作("プレイヤー","首を横に振る");|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_EVT_23|$Eキメ,汗|Now you're just teasing me.$k\n$Wmマークス|3$w0|$b動作("マークス","話す1");|$Wsマークス|$Wa$SvpVOICE_MARKS_EVT_00|$E怒,|You know me, $Nu. I never joke\nabout serious matters. I mean what I say.$k$pYou could be the one to bring light to our\nkingdom so long shrouded in darkness.$k\n$Wmusername|3$w0|$Wsusername|$Wa$SvpVOICE_PLAYER_F#_EVT_02|$E通常,|Xander...$k

I tried changing an $st0 to an $st1 in the text simulator once, and for some reason it made the portrait disapear o_O

Edited by Bunny5390

I am quiet sad this seem to be more for the Memory Dumping on CFW. If I didn't stupidly update my firmware to 10.5 when i was on 10.3 after hearing 10.5 still at the time supported menuhax, i'll have a downgraded system but yeah, I was stupid. It wasn't even 5 minutes after I discovered the downgrader.

I crosschecked and did what I can in order to find the same values on the save data. after using SVDT to extract, the Fire Emblem Save Manager to decompress it.

The location of the Avatar's info and all that do not seem to match, nothing seems to. The least i was able to do was find the gold values. I now have 999999 gold, but that was it. Does anyone on here knows most values, like character blocks and editing, to equipment, convoy, inventory editing? I don't really want to do much anyways but that.

Edited by KuroKairaku

Okay in retrospect I should've asked before I started trying stuff and mega screwing myself but I didn't know this would end up like uhhh anyway

Is it currently possible to do any Fates hacking with a digital copy? For me the process was, I had to update my system to access the eshop to get the digital copy, which broke homebrew. Have people figured out how to have both, or are they dumping from the cartridge for hacked use?

Okay in retrospect I should've asked before I started trying stuff and mega screwing myself but I didn't know this would end up like uhhh anyway

Is it currently possible to do any Fates hacking with a digital copy? For me the process was, I had to update my system to access the eshop to get the digital copy, which broke homebrew. Have people figured out how to have both, or are they dumping from the cartridge for hacked use?

I can't tell from your post, but are you on emuNAND and menu/browserhax broke after updating? If so, you can install the homebrew launcher as a cia then downgrade your browser to dump your ram and run AR codes. I've been doing it myself with a digital copy, so it definitely works for digital games.

If not, you can get a hardmod I guess?

I am quiet sad this seem to be more for the Memory Dumping on CFW. If I didn't stupidly update my firmware to 10.5 when i was on 10.3 after hearing 10.5 still at the time supported menuhax, i'll have a downgraded system but yeah, I was stupid. It wasn't even 5 minutes after I discovered the downgrader.

I crosschecked and did what I can in order to find the same values on the save data. after using SVDT to extract, the Fire Emblem Save Manager to decompress it.

The location of the Avatar's info and all that do not seem to match, nothing seems to. The least i was able to do was find the gold values. I now have 999999 gold, but that was it. Does anyone on here knows most values, like character blocks and editing, to equipment, convoy, inventory editing? I don't really want to do much anyways but that.

how in the world did you find your gold value i try to search for mine and i cant find it no matter what. Ive tried both Decimal and Hex (also reversed) and my hex editor cant find it.

I can't tell from your post, but are you on emuNAND and menu/browserhax broke after updating? If so, you can install the homebrew launcher as a cia then downgrade your browser to dump your ram and run AR codes. I've been doing it myself with a digital copy, so it definitely works for digital games.

If not, you can get a hardmod I guess?

I've seen people talking about it, but didn't know what it was when I got browserhax running, so I'm going to assume no on emuNAND?

Looking up hardmod, uh...well shoot, I guess I'll hope for... Actually, so I don't screw up next time, do we expect a system update to be required to buy Revelation/future DLC? In either case, assuming someone can get something working again for the newer firmware (gosh I like Nintendo's products but I can't think of any of their practices I agree with) how should people go about updating their Fates while keeping/making it hackable?

Can someone help me?

I'd like to unlock the children's paralogues without having their parents married, is there a way I can do it through RAM hacking?

Unmarrying them is fine too.

I've seen people talking about it, but didn't know what it was when I got browserhax running, so I'm going to assume no on emuNAND?

Looking up hardmod, uh...well shoot, I guess I'll hope for... Actually, so I don't screw up next time, do we expect a system update to be required to buy Revelation/future DLC? In either case, assuming someone can get something working again for the newer firmware (gosh I like Nintendo's products but I can't think of any of their practices I agree with) how should people go about updating their Fates while keeping/making it hackable?

There are still hax through a few games available to get you into homebrew launcher if you have access to them. However, you can only dump and import save data and it'll probably be a very long time until someone finds another ARM exploit to downgrade your firmware. As far as updating Fates while keeping it hackable, as far as I know you would need to have emuNAND on whatever the latest version is with a downgraded browser and homebrew access.

Is it just me or is this ram dumping website " http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/rop?memdump.dat&FCRAMx.bin " down.

It's hosted at dynu.com now.

what is the link I use now?

There are still hax through a few games available to get you into homebrew launcher if you have access to them. However, you can only dump and import save data and it'll probably be a very long time until someone finds another ARM exploit to downgrade your firmware. As far as updating Fates while keeping it hackable, as far as I know you would need to have emuNAND on whatever the latest version is with a downgraded browser and homebrew access.

It's hosted at dynu.com now.

11581-76769 08337-50879

Can anyone do me a favour and check out if this castle works? I hacked in Lilith over a generic dark mage, and I was wondering if it triggered the anti cheat.

This is for JP, fyi.

Edited by Blyvern

how in the world did you find your gold value i try to search for mine and i cant find it no matter what. Ive tried both Decimal and Hex (also reversed) and my hex editor cant find it.

I just went in game found my current gold value. Wrote it down. like maybe it was 27201 which in hex is 6A41. You hafta reverse it. Then you find that value reversed, Using the search function to find it.

Still, i wish people on here knew a bit more about save hex stuff. I wana do much more. For now though, I plan on hardmodding my 3DS very soon.