Does the amount of fanservice bother you?

Chiki

565 members have voted

1. 1. Does it bother you?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really bothered by the fanservice. I'm an adult. I've accepted what Fire Emblem is and isn't now.

More or less I'm just afraid the game will get alot of stuff taken out in the localization process which would be disappointing. I'm not opposed to an M rated Fire Emblem even if its due to blatant fanservicey elements.

Still I will play it and I will enjoy it I'm sure. Map design looks solid and the game looks like a step up from awakening in terms of difficulty, and hey maybe I can get some laughs out of the skinship feature.

I'll be honest. The amount of fan-service did make me a little apprehensive at first, but watching a stream I can relatively safely say I'm no longer worried about it. Sure the small bonus you get from the Fire Emblem Monomie thing and the hot springs for support grinding may be too tempting to resist, but overall the main campaign seems focused on it's own thing.

I support the gay/lesbian options in the game. I'm more squeamish about the marrying the siblings who I guess aren't actually your siblings part, but I'm not the developer of the game, IS is. If they chose to include that option, I'd prefer to honor that option rather than take it away. It's all about free speech and whatnot, so censorship isn't really my favorite thing. Besides, it's not like Teenagers can't handle a little bit of fan-service in the form of this stuff. Same with marrying the gen 2 kids. I wasn't a big fan of it in Awakening, and I'm not the biggest fan of it now, but I'm not about to rally the 'troops' in an attempt to have it removed. They chose to have it for a reason. I'll play the game, probably have a ton of fun with it and then realize my worries were unfounded and only hyped themselves up because I didn't yet have the game.

So nah, I'm not gonna let the amount of fan-service worry/affect my decision.

If it does become an option, I will have some very urgent business to handle with Leon in my chambers LOL

l-lewd!

FE15 is going to have QUITE the legacy to live up to.

The way Camilla dresses isn't what bothers me....

actually yeah I should just link this

...It's the way they shove it in your face in this scene that does.

A girl shows a little skin? Whatever. I've been to a beach before. I've seen girls break the dress code at my high school before. That's all nothing.

But close zoom-ins are just embarrassing to watch.

Edited by Zachmac

I thought that hot springs would be the worst but it seems I was wrong. Now you can strip your units down to wearing almost nothing and for the fire emblem amie mechanic now you can touch wherever you want to on a character including their breasts, oh and did I forget to mention that a 10 second detailed cutscene was made just to show off Camilla and it showed various shots of her body. This so going to far especially for a fire emblem game. Its obvious that IS is focusing way too much on attracting otakus.

Are you dead inside after be reached this kind of conclusion or are you a master zen?!

If it's the second one, teach me master! :o

My fellow Italian friend, I am indeed a Zen Master.

Or maybe I am dead inside, but right now I feel more... peaceful.

You see, FE is a very long series, filled with replayability, and many fans bring us amazing rom hacks, and Shozou Kaga is apparently (and hopefully) going indie.

And we have also TearRing and Berwick, which might not be FE by name but are FE by heart.

While the main series is now too different to be really called FE by my soul, FE' spirit will never die between the hearts of passionate fans.

Not to mention that this game, unlike Awakening, seems to have a gameplay much more akin to the series' standards, instead of a fest turtling and power levels.

Oh, and I do want to enjoy the sexy fanservice in this game, so I'm not mad about that, wahahahah!

If they remove this stuff in the translation I'll be a tad pissed, but who cares, I want the core gameplay the most.

But I'm faithful they'll only change some things like Kamui's blood relations and some of the dirtiest Skinship phrases.

Bayonetta 2 has Ninty's name all over the place, after all.

Edited by CrimeanRoyalKnight

I thought that hot springs would be the worst but it seems I was wrong. Now you can strip your units down to wearing almost nothing and for the fire emblem amie mechanic now you can touch wherever you want to on a character including their breasts, oh and did I forget to mention that a 10 second detailed cutscene was made just to show off Camilla and it showed various shots of her body. This so going to far especially for a fire emblem game. Its obvious that IS is focusing way too much on attracting otakus.

well that what sells to them in Japan if IS was here in the USA what would sell here come on you know it... Gore and Edgy shit, and maybe sides of boobs. Edited by mikethepokemaster

Nope. If the story is still solid and enjoyable, I have absolutely no problem with it. I will probably be one of the people that enjoy it the most anyway XD.

I mean, the one thing I would have a problem with is the whole "incest" thing, but who am I kidding, I'm going to squeal way too much when I marry Xander or Ryouma

You have to remember also that Nintendo HAS to attract fans, because Awakening saved the series, but it is still possible for it to fall if they lose their newly earned fanbase. So if fanservice is the thing I have to see for the series to continue, I won't mind it at all.

Why would you take Reddit seriously?

And yes Im bothered by most of it, HARD. Im just waiting for the the verdict on what really matters: the gameplay.

EDIT: Oh yeah about the character designs. I dont give a s**t, actually.

Edited by Belmont

well that what sells to them in Japan if IS was here in the USA what would sell here come on you know it... Gore and Edgy shit, and maybe sides of boobs.

Zombie shooter games with an attractive female sidekick in denim shorts.

Just to make appear a sort o smile on your face (not for all i suppose D:)

It seems to reflect the "feels" of most of the OLD fans of the game (i consider myself too in this group of people)
But even with all that fanservice, can't not buy this game D:

I'm a slave of InSys

tumblr_nqfnjrknpb1sl58vfo1_500.jpg

My fellow Italian friend, I am indeed a Zen Master.
Or maybe I am dead inside, but right now I feel more... peaceful.

You see, FE is a very long series, filled with replayability, and many fans bring us amazing rom hacks, and Shozou Kaga is apparently (and hopefully) going indie.

And we have also TearRing and Berwick, which might not be FE by name but are FE by heart.

While the main series is now too different to be really called FE by my soul, FE' spirit will never die between the hearts of passionate fans.

Not to mention that this game, unlike Awakening, seems to have a gameplay much more akin to the series' standards, instead of a fest turtling and power levels.

Oh, and I do want to enjoy the sexy fanservice in this game, so I'm not mad about that, wahahahah!

If they remove this stuff in the translation I'll be a tad pissed, but who cares, I want the core gameplay the most.

But I'm faithful they'll only change some things like Kamui's blood relations and some of the dirtiest Skinship phrases.

Bayonetta 2 has Ninty's name all over the place, after all.

You truly deserve my respect then..
I just feel a bit lost in all that changes and i even lost all my preferred games of when i was a kid (or in this example they change drastically)..

Maybe it's time to move along in a new unexplored island and finally leave the wolrd of gaming..
I'm too old for fanservice s&its

Edited by Jenoss

Just to make appear a sort o smile on your face (not for all i suppose D:)

It seems to reflect the "feels" of most of the OLD fans of the game (i consider myself too in this group of people)

But even with all that fanservice, can't not buy this game D:

I'm a slave of InSys

tumblr_nqfnjrknpb1sl58vfo1_500.jpg

That image doesn't make sense.

A "weeaboo" is a person who is so obsessed with Japanese culture that they value it more than their own culture.

Maybe it's time to move along in a new unexplored island and finally leave the wolrd of gaming..

I'm too old for fanservice s&its

Or perhaps try out some other series? It's not like quality SRPGs don't exist outside FE.

Edited by Topazd

The amount of fanservice doesn't bother me at all. Most of it is optional thus can be ignored completely. As for the character designs being fanservice-y, blame the artist and IS for giving him the "OK". Remember, sales numbers are what matters.

That image doesn't make sense.

A "weeaboo" is a person who is so obsessed with Japanese culture that they value it more than their own culture.

It's cleary a ironic reference.. And if you don't have this kind of people on your social networks.. You are really lucky!

Admittedly, it rankles me a bit, but not enough to ruin my enjoyment of the game. I still plan on buying and playing all 3 paths and enjoying the hell out of them, face-rubbing and hot springs aside.

It's cleary a ironic reference.. And if you don't have this kind of people on your social networks.. You are really lucky!

It seems more like the usage of the wrong word.

An "otaku" is a person who is unhealthy obsessed with moe and waifus and things of that nature, which seems to be what the message is hinting at.

Or perhaps try out some other series? It's not like quality SRPGs don't exist outside FE.

It seems that the fanservice is like a big, huge, plague that is killing all my interest on the jrpg or sjrpg in general..

Most of the games/saga i still keep on eye on are affected by it, and it seems that nowadays jrpg can't make up with sales without a big dose of fanservice following the mediacreate sales.

It's ok, the wolrd of gaming is going on in his way, but can't find joy in that and i can't change the world or the tastes of people :D

I have already accept it..

It seems to be a problem with Japan's marketing. They are afraid of selling games that do not feature fanservice, because the Otaku money over there IS a big thing. It's crappy because I don't want to see sexiness in all the games I buy, I want different things for different series.

However, I was happy to know some Japanese fans think FE is dead or that they dislike some of the new things, because I'm tired of seeing people claiming Japan is OK with everything IntSys does.

^^ quite frankly there has always been fan service in many games including fire emblem, but i find with the increase in graphics the bar has been raised in how much resources you need to put into it, you need more than just a single hot spring scene, or a couple scantily clad ladies or at least said to be scantily clad ladies, The standard on for example, official art has seemed to go up and so in turn has the standard on fan-service. You could ignore it more easily before, but it was still there. I am glad Fe is still a turn based strategy game i am not sure it still would be one if it was In america. so there are fanservicey options whoopdedo, plus the fan-service is mostly about interacting with your characters, and Fire emblem has always tried to get you to care about your characters.

Edited by goodperson707