Question/s regarding Aqua's dance in both Hoshido & Nohr in the following chapters.

Xanek

In chapter 12 on Hoshido, Aqua is wearing her white uniform and the music and song sounds triumphant and majestic in a way, as shown in this twitch VoD: http://www.twitch.tv/hamayama/b/671953676?t=2h10m43s (It is time-stamped at 02:10:43, for those who don't get directed straight to that time.)

https://youtu.be/rvxKLdVzGXc?t=20m23s<- another person's hoshido playthrough (for those who can't access the twitch vod)

________

It is significantly different from the Nohr side, where on Chapter 14 on Nohr, she is wearing her black/purple uniform and the sound of the music is more upbeat/tribal and her dancing is more sporadic(?) as shown in this youtube video: https://youtu.be/mOzDHAx52cQ?t=1h1m7s

Here is just the dance of the Nohr version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTy-eYbRf88

There is different lyrics too, if anyone is willing to translate them!

________

The question I want to know is why is there significant differences between the dances for either side, is it important, is it plot related, or is it because they just wanted to make it different?

Garon seems to be more in the middle of a heart attack in the Nohr version when compared to the Hoshido version, where he looks like he's starting to have a heart attack or trouble breathing..

I can't read the dialogue during the start of the chapter, and before the battle prep screen so I think that might have some insight, but is there any reason why the change in tone between Nohr and Hoshido?

Is the dialogue before and after the dance signify the reason or hint at anything?

Edited by Xanek

Whoa, no idea, but Garon totes looks like he needs to see a doctor in that second one lol

I know right? The Nohr version obviously has a bigger toll on Garon health then when it is compared to the Hoshido version, which makes me think that there is a significance to it.

Oh my god that second song tho :wub:

The dancing is also really good in the Nohr version!

Edit: if they had Nohr Aqua & Hoshido Aqua in their respective outfits, I would wife Nohr Aqua solely because of this.

Edited by Xanek

Off assumption: The dance could be attempting to represent cleansing, or attempting to cleanse something.

later on in the nohr campaign, they show that the Garon we know is some black pudding thingy, and can possibly not even be the real Garon. The markings on the 'monster's chest is very similar to how the end boss for hoshido campaign appears as.

Off assumption: The dance could be attempting to represent cleansing, or attempting to cleanse something.

later on in the nohr campaign, they show that the Garon we know is some black pudding thingy, and can possibly not even be the real Garon. The markings on the 'monster's chest is very similar to how the end boss for hoshido campaign appears as.

The assumption sounds good enough of an answer if this was the actual answer. Though is the Nohr version more effective on Garon because of the way the dance was performed? Or does Aqua know more information about Garon than she does in the Hoshido version?

I looked at portraits ripped from the game that someone posted on reddit and I see the Garon pudding, I don't really see a mark, unless you mean the red orb that is in the chest? I remember seeing that in the hoshido final boss. Do they touch upon pudding Garon more in the Nohr path, and do you fight him at all?

Edited by Xanek

Wow. Between her dancing and the water effects, that is one busy cutscene.

Also, the first link now goes to the guy playing P4 Dancing All Night.

Twitch is bad for it's time-stamps, it starts at 02:10:43

Ah thanks. Twitch is being bumpy for me so I can't really get a feel for it, sadly. I'll try watching later.

Yeah, the amount that twitch loads up for the vod if you leave it there, is quite a bit of data, so a slower internet may have a tougher time loading it, since VoD's don't get quality options unless it's a highlight.

Plot-wise, did they explain why Aqua did the dance, like did they plan it out in both paths, or was this spontaneous by her?

What was the main difference in the dialogue both before at the start of the chapter, and after before the battle-prep?

Edited by Xanek

The assumption sounds good enough of an answer if this was the actual answer. Though is the Nohr version more effective on Garon because of the way the dance was performed? Or does Aqua know more information about Garon than she does in the Hoshido version?

I looked at portraits ripped from the game that someone posted on reddit and I see the Garon pudding, I don't really see a mark, unless you mean the red orb that is in the chest? I remember seeing that in the hoshido final boss. Do they touch upon pudding Garon more in the Nohr path, and do you fight him at all?

Looking over the two dances, the Hoshido dance somewhat more subdued, while the Nohr dance looks a bit more lively.

Maybe the way Aqua dances means she can affect more of the water in her surroundings (or draw out more of her power over water) and if Garon is basically all water (Slime Garon could be water given form for instance), it could be that the water he's made up of is reacting to Aqua's dance/power and is getting drawn to her. And since he doesn't want to give himself away, he's trying to resist the effects. On the Hoshido route, since the dance is a bit more subdued, he has an easier time with this, but on the Nohr route, where she does the lively gypsy dance, more of her power is brought out and "Garon" has to struggle with all his might to not give himself up. So this basically hints at Slime Garon's existence, and also means that the Garon you fight is Slime Garon on both routes. At least, that's my opinion on this matter.

The real reason why Garon is having "seizure" is because Aqua is using the power of Hydra since he uses water.

And the Garon is a fake to boot, which connects both Hydra and Fake Garon together. Fake Garon is a servant of Hydra.

Poor Garon, dying so Hydra can control Nohr from inside.

I like the Hoshido dance much more than the Nohr dance. Both are nice, but I find the Hoshido dance to more serene, and pleasant to the ear.

That's not to say the Nohr dance is any worse, though. I also like the instruments used in the Hoshido music, more than the exotic sound of the Nohr song.

My jaw literally dropped during the Hoshido dance. The contrast between the dances was beautiful as well.

Azura's Hoshidan dance seems so elegant and serene, and the song matches it perfectly.

Whereas the Norhian dance seems confident, almost aggressive. Azura's singing a completely different song and almost sounds entirely like a different person.

Wonder what that means for Garon. Both dances seemed to have an adverse effect on him, but with Nohr's dance he seemed ready to keel over right then and there. Did the songs have anything to do with it?

My jaw literally dropped during the Hoshido dance. The contrast between the dances was beautiful as well.

Azura's Hoshidan dance seems so elegant and serene, and the song matches it perfectly.

Whereas the Norhian dance seems confident, almost aggressive. Azura's singing a completely different song and almost sounds entirely like a different person.

Wonder what that means for Garon. Both dances seemed to have an adverse effect on him, but with Nohr's dance he seemed ready to keel over right then and there. Did the songs have anything to do with it?

I would say what it is but it would be extreme spoilers for all 3 paths.

The reason is a very big spoiler, but you will indeed know it in time.

I would say what it is but it would be extreme spoilers for all 3 paths.

Hmm, looks like I'll have to sit here and ponder until the western release.

or until I crack.

Edited by TKHikaru13

The real reason why Garon is having "seizure" is because Aqua is using the power of Hydra since he uses water.

And the Garon is a fake to boot, which connects both Hydra and Fake Garon together. Fake Garon is a servant of Hydra.

Poor Garon, dying so Hydra can control Nohr from inside.

Really? While I have no clue about the story, this sounds interesting, though why does she do the dance at all in both versions? Was this planned that she was going to do this?

There was dialogue before & after the dance, did that tell why or is Kamui confused in both versions?

Edit: someone also pointed out that in the Nohr Hoshido version he has guards behind him, is there a reason for this? Edit: i'm assuming because since you're on hoshido those are his guards to protect him, and the lack of guards for Nohr is because... you're on nohr..

Also idk how I didn't think of it, but the lyrics are completely different in the Nohr version. Anyone able to translate?

Edited by Xanek

Needless to say, those cutscenes are dang pretty for the 3DS, and the music for both is great. Hopefully it looks good in 3D because I may try to watch it like that and see. The water effects especially were amazing to watch. Maybe I'm just easily impressed but I really liked it.